Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18286 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 14, 2023 07:15:49 pm
      Yes, he's a international professional player. He has years of experience playing at the highest level. He was not to blame for 3 goals conceded either.

I could name you 100s of international players that played in the World Cup that not good enough to play in the championship let alone the PL.  :f_doh:

He’s had years of being a sh*t player, he wasn’t even that good when he first came and was overrated by many. I really don’t know what your watching when you see him play?   Not sure you can know that much about football if you think he’s good enough to play for Liverpool. However, hope Klopp listens to you and gives him another contract and plays every week, you’ll be very happy and so will I.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #599: Jan 14, 2023 07:17:56 pm
      Ox may not be the answer but not sure why he has been singled out when you could point to a number of players today including the likes of Thiago and Salah

He’s just the worse of a few you could mention.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #600: Jan 14, 2023 07:18:35 pm
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #601: Jan 14, 2023 07:21:24 pm
      Jürgen won the Prem, Rafa didn't!!

Rafa got us competing and winning the cl with far less resources

Imagine what he could do if he has the funds klopp has

Our starting point is to turn our defeats into draws and Rafa is the man to do that
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Reply #602: Jan 14, 2023 07:22:12 pm
      Just on a point of rule basis did anyone see Trent get called offside when he let a ball run for a throw in. On that basis how does Uniteds first goal get given today when Rashford was offside tracked the ball then last second let Fernandes take the shot?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #603: Jan 14, 2023 07:22:29 pm
      Not sure how we get out of this to be honest. If the issue was a lack of effort we could try harder.

Of our injured players perhaps Van Dijk, Diaz and Nunez could change the dynamic a bit. Their return is all that can be cringed to at this point but our squad should be absorbing these loss of players better.

The lineup today should still be able to give Brighton a game.

I cant help but feel we are witnessing the end of an small era here.

We're in decline mate.

Van dijk won't change much. He's coasted all season and looks a shadow of what he was. I don't see that changing I'm afraid. Thank that pr*ckford for that.

Diaz is a miss ... but wasn't producing consistently enough ... nor was nunez. There is more to come from them hopefully. Jota and Bob are the biggest misses for me. Jota got 25 plus last season.

There is a lack of effort. Lack of desire. Big lack of quality. Jürgen needs to be ruthless now and force players who are past it out. They're doing nothing for him. The greatest managers are ruthless and they rebuild from a position of strength.

This squad has had its day. In defence I'd retain Ali, kelleher, Ramsay, konate , van dijk (for now) and Robbo. In midfield I'd be happy to let all of them leave bar the younger lads and milner (coaching staff for james) . Up front I'm quite happy ... if everyone was fit.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023 07:33:28 pm by Don77 »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #604: Jan 14, 2023 07:23:13 pm
      Today must be Jürgen's Watford 1970.

"After Watford I knew I had to do my job and change the team. I had a duty to perform to myself, my family, Liverpool football Club and the supporters."

Bill Shankly (1913-1981).
      Awesome post, thanks for this. Actually reading his biography and am on the chapter where he comes from Hudderafield Town to LFC.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #605: Jan 14, 2023 07:27:30 pm

Our starting point is to turn our defeats into draws and Rafa is the man to do that

With respect Rafa is never ever, ever coming back. Good as he was he’s now passed his sell by date.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #606: Jan 14, 2023 07:28:30 pm
      Ox may not be the answer but not sure why he has been singled out when you could point to a number of players today including the likes of Thiago and Salah

Cos we played a diamond with Thiago at the tip of the diamond. I presume that was as he’s probably our most aggressive midfielder. Ox on the left and Henderson on he right and Fabinho sitting.

It meant overloading out wide and if they were going to play that formation Keita not Ox would of been better tactically, but Ox didn’t know where to go or what to do.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #607: Jan 14, 2023 07:32:13 pm

So why didn't Rafa do that first time around?

I sat through all of it, went all the Champions League games and was in Istanbul. Sorry but his time has come and gone.

Jürgen has won both with slightly better resources than Rafa had, but even he has one arm tied behind his back competing with City, same way Rafa was competing with Utd and Chelsea.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #608: Jan 14, 2023 07:35:28 pm
      Cos we played a diamond with Thiago at the tip of the diamond. I presume that was as he’s probably our most aggressive midfielder. Ox on the left and Henderson on he right and Fabinho sitting.

It meant overloading out wide and if they were going to play that formation Keita not Ox would of been better tactically, but Ox didn’t know where to go or what to do.

That’s a good analysis Pete. I think Ox plays in a bubble these days and when he does get the ball won’t go forward, he prefers to pass it back because his confidence been at a low for over two years.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #609: Jan 14, 2023 07:39:56 pm
      So why didn't Rafa do that first time around?

I sat through all of it, went all the Champions League games and was in Istanbul. Sorry but his time has come and gone.

Jürgen has won both with slightly better resources than Rafa had, but even he has one arm tied behind his back competing with City, same way Rafa was competing with Utd and Chelsea.

Rafa did that and in the end was forced to sell players which ended us but even then his worst is better than what we have here

Rafa had far far less resources in comparison to the big teams than klopp has had

But most importantly Rafa is ruthless enough to bring in players or at least try and does not keep players out of only loyalty when they should be gone

Compare our current season to rafas last, even with Rafa forced to sell players to pay interest and then buy someone under the condition it had to spread over years, we were better than what we are now

Our issues today is due to klopps decision making, make no mistake about it, he still refuses to buy midfield players. it’s now cost us cl football, there is no excuse, he sanctioned our last buy, it’s bollocks we don’t have money, we always seem to have it for strikers but not midfield players

Klopp could have used the money on a midfield player instead of a striker

The excuses are our attackers are injured, still blind to our actual issues in midfield

It’s done, the club is always bigger than the manager and I have faith we will come back under a new manager and team. It’s how football works, nothing last forever, klopp is a legend and always will be but like wenger and Jose, it’s time for the next generation who can adapt to take the reigns
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #610: Jan 14, 2023 07:42:02 pm
      With respect Rafa is never ever, ever coming back. Good as he was he’s now passed his sell by date.

What makes you say that ? He isn’t done, he’s done well in every top team

Give him a deal until the end of the season and we got a chance at top 4 and then take it from there

Worse comes we get 5/6 which is still better if we stay as we are
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #611: Jan 14, 2023 07:44:22 pm
      A bit like a lot of this team....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #612: Jan 14, 2023 07:46:53 pm
      We're in decline mate.

Van dijk won't change much. He's coasted all season and looks a shadow of what he was. I don't see that changing I'm afraid. Thank that pr*ckford for that.

Diaz is a miss ... but wasn't producing consistently enough ... nor was nunez. There is more to come from them hopefully. Jota and Bob are the biggest misses for me. Jota got 25 plus last season.

There is a lack of effort. Lack of desire. Big lack of quality. Jürgen needs to be ruthless now and force players who are past it out. They're doing nothing for him. The greatest managers are ruthless and they rebuild from a position of strength.

This squad has had its day. In defence I'd retain Ali, kelleher, Ramsay, konate , van dijk (for now) and Robbo. In midfield I'd be happy to let all of them leave bar the younger lads and milner (coaching staff for james) . Up front I'm quite happy ... if everyone was fit.

You wouldn't retain Matip and Trent? You wouldn't retain Thiago?

Agree I'd let the rest go. Hendo will be here until he retires though which is fine if he becomes a squad player like Milly.

3 CM's and a CB is what we need in the Summer.

Move on Ox, Keita, and Gomez, maybe Fabinho too if his form doesn't improve by end of season.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,308 posts | 773 
      Reply #613: Jan 14, 2023 07:48:05 pm
      He’s just the worse of a few you could mention.
      You can stand in dogs*t...or you can stand in catsh*t....Bad is bad
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #614: Jan 14, 2023 07:49:44 pm
      What makes you say that ? He isn’t done, he’s done well in every top team

Give him a deal until the end of the season and we got a chance at top 4 and then take it from there

Worse comes we get 5/6 which is still better if we stay as we are

Stop talking through your arse you are disrespecting the club and manager with your Rafa our saviour nonsense talk.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #615: Jan 14, 2023 07:49:56 pm
      Don't think I can remember a season where there has been so much coming and going recruitment, medical,  switches around at the top . It's not right and needs sorting sharpish
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #616: Jan 14, 2023 07:57:13 pm
      You wouldn't retain Matip and Trent? You wouldn't retain Thiago?

Agree I'd let the rest go. Hendo will be here until he retires though which is fine if he becomes a squad player like Milly.

3 CM's and a CB is what we need in the Summer.

Move on Ox, Keita, and Gomez, maybe Fabinho too if his form doesn't improve by end of season.

No mate. Thiago is past his best, injury prone and too slow for us. Me ... I wouldn't retain him.

Matip ... see thiago. Love Joel but time for new blood.

Trent .... one of the worst defenders in the league. Lazy ... that lad doesn't work hard enough. He doesn't want to put the work in. He doesn't want to improve. Some nice passes/corners/crosses etc doesn't cover the fact he's one of the worst defenders in the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is on another planet ... but entitled to their opinion. You'd be amazed just how much we'd improve defensively with 4 defenders who can defend and not 3. Time to see what Ramsay can do.

Hendo .... its sad. Attitude and mind wants to ... his body won't allow it.

Fabinho ... he's done. I wouldn't pick him again this season. He's been awful. Time to give bajcetic a chance. He's an asset we can get some money for .... as is trent and matip and the others.

Chamberlain , Jones, keita all want getting rid of. Nowhere near the mark. Milner as I said ... I'd love to get him on the coaching staff. Great example
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #617: Jan 14, 2023 07:57:23 pm
      This World Cup season has messed it all up though , that’s why Arsenal are top and lesser teams with less games are looking far more fresh and up for the games.
      We are looking tired and shot until younger legs are brought on. This season is a mess but we’re not the only ones struggling although we are the stand out strugglers.
      Next season , wait to see these teams that are not usually in the champions league struggle in the premier league with all the games that they are not used to playing.
      If we don’t get into Europe we could well challenge for the title like the Roger’s season so it might not be all bad especially if the midfield is revamped .
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #618: Jan 14, 2023 07:58:44 pm

Rafa did that and in the end was forced to sell players which ended us but even then his worst is better than what we have here

Rafa had far far less resources in comparison to the big teams than klopp has had

But most importantly Rafa is ruthless enough to bring in players or at least try and does not keep players out of only loyalty when they should be gone

Compare our current season to rafas last, even with Rafa forced to sell players to pay interest and then buy someone under the condition it had to spread over years, we were better than what we are now

Our issues today is due to klopps decision making, make no mistake about it, he still refuses to buy midfield players. it’s now cost us cl football, there is no excuse, he sanctioned our last buy, it’s bollocks we don’t have money, we always seem to have it for strikers but not midfield players

The excuses are our attackers are injured, still blind to our actual issues in midfield

It’s done, the club is always bigger than the manager and I have faith we will come back under a new manager and team. It’s how football works, nothing last forever, klopp is a legend and always will be but like wenger and Jose, it’s time for the next generation who can adapt to take the reigns

We've clearly got problems, but Rafa ain't the answer.  I love Rafa, and think he deserves another crack at a proper club, but our issues are far bigger than the manager.  I've praised the owners for the successful years we've had recently, but now they need to step up and support our current manager (the one who is one of the top few managers in the world) by getting him some fresh blood to reshape the team. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #619: Jan 14, 2023 08:03:34 pm

So you want Jürgen sacked after his first poor season in 5 years in which time he brought us every trophy there is?

And replace him with Rafa Benitez?

And you think this is the next generation of Liverpool FC?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Reply #620: Jan 14, 2023 08:06:52 pm
      Rafa Benitez someone surely on a wind up here. Its 2023 not 2003

Quick Reply