Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17512 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 14, 2023 08:09:19 pm
      What makes you say that ? He isn’t done, he’s done well in every top team

Give him a deal until the end of the season and we got a chance at top 4 and then take it from there

Worse comes we get 5/6 which is still better if we stay as we are

He’s not had a top team since he left Liverpool really. Maybe hard to except but he’s passed his best and the way football is now played he’s become a dinosaur in that department. That’s not a slant on him either, it’s just the game revolving quicker than any of us could imagine.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #622: Jan 14, 2023 08:10:21 pm
      A bit like a lot of this team....

That’s true, been good servants for you but time to move on.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #623: Jan 14, 2023 08:13:42 pm
      So you want Jürgen sacked after his first poor season in 5 years in which time he brought us every trophy there is?

And replace him with Rafa Benitez?

And you think this is the next generation of Liverpool FC?

To remain at the top you have to be ruthless, it’s not disrespecting being that. We are 9th, listening to the interview, klopp said he didn’t see today coming

Most others did, we need someone to fix our issues, not put their head in the sand

Klopp has shown he can’t fix our midfield, he’s had the chances even this season but is too stubborn

I have no problems with people wanting to give klopp next year

My question is, do you think klopp will admit error and fix the midfield ? I don’t believe so, he won’t have that clear out, maybe will bring one and then talk about how injuries were the reason for the bad year

We need someone who will clear out 5-6 players and being a few in

Rafa can bring the club back in these few months and we can decide properly in summer

How far do we have to drop for people to see what’s happening? Doing nothing is not the answer. We are going to lose to wolves, you know it and so do I, we knew we would lose and lose bad today, lots said it but klopp didn’t see it coming, that is the worry, it’s bordering on delusional, klopps done and the team isn’t playing for him anymore, he needs a break. Same thing happened at dortmund happened here, klopp cannot rebuild or replace loyal players
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #624: Jan 14, 2023 08:15:58 pm
      He’s not had a top team since he left Liverpool really. Maybe hard to except but he’s passed his best and the way football is now played he’s become a dinosaur in that department. That’s not a slant on him either, it’s just the game revolving quicker than any of us could imagine.

He may be passed his best but we don’t know for sure, Keith, did you see today coming, klopp didn’t…

Finishing 10/11/12 isn’t acceptable for Liverpool, we have been bad in many games we won and are lucky to be 9th, the club must come first and we have to change to give us a fighting chance
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #625: Jan 14, 2023 08:19:51 pm

Apart from Real ,Chelsea ,Inter and Napoli you mean
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #626: Jan 14, 2023 08:26:18 pm
      He may be passed his best but we don’t know for sure, Keith, did you see today coming, klopp didn’t…

Finishing 10/11/12 isn’t acceptable for Liverpool, we have been bad in many games we won and are lucky to be 9th, the club must come first and we have to change to give us a fighting chance

So you admit he’s passed his sell by date then.
      Yes I saw today coming I predicted a 2-1 win for Brighton.
      Agreed, finishing mid table not acceptable but 100% not Klopps fault. Why do you want to get rid of who many say he’s the best manager in the world? Even if you disagree he must still  be in the top 3.  You can’t replace him, not only is no one available I can’t see who would be better than him.

You’ve got more players on the injury list than you have patients in Royal Liverpool hospital. That’s the only reason your not in the top six and still only 3 points off it. With a fully fit squad your probably in the top 4.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #627: Jan 14, 2023 08:27:32 pm
      Apart from Real ,Chelsea ,Inter and Napoli you mean

Real maybe, you think the other 3 better club than you lot?
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #628: Jan 14, 2023 08:30:07 pm
      Real maybe, you think the other 3 better club than you lot?

You didn't say better Keith you said top clubs which yes I think they fall into that category . Anyway all irrelevant as his name really should not have have ever been brought up in the context it has.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #629: Jan 14, 2023 08:30:27 pm
      I'm 90% convinced that Alison or Salah are gonna leave if we don't make top 4.
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #630: Jan 14, 2023 08:31:55 pm

Not going to lie and may not be popular opinion but if we got a truck load of money for Mo It wouldn't bother me
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #631: Jan 14, 2023 08:34:00 pm
      You didn't say better Keith you said top clubs which yes I think they fall into that category . Anyway all irrelevant as his name really should not have have ever been brought up in the context it has.

Opinions may differ on what we both call top clubs, I only class Real in that category, but yes, his name should never have been brought into it. It’s disrespecting the best manager you’ve had since the likes of Shanks & Paisley.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #632: Jan 14, 2023 08:36:03 pm

Alisson not going, Salah might.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #633: Jan 14, 2023 08:37:32 pm

I won't be surprised if we try to sell all of Ali, VVD, and Mo if (when) we fail to finish top 4.  Our model under FSG will be to get the high earners off the wage bill and rework the squad with young, undervalued players and rebuild over the course of a few years.  It's gonna get worse before it gets better....
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #634: Jan 14, 2023 08:37:39 pm
      Not going to lie and may not be popular opinion but if we got a truck load of money for Mo It wouldn't bother me

Was only discussing this in work yesterday, Mo has had a HUGE pay rise and he's got to justify it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #635: Jan 14, 2023 08:41:20 pm
      Was only discussing this in work yesterday, Mo has had a HUGE pay rise and he's got to justify it.

He basically stopped producing shortly after his pay rise. It wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted/left in the summer. Saving you £400k ( if that’s what he’s on ) a week would supply you at least two new players wages.
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #636: Jan 14, 2023 08:44:36 pm

Change might do him us good all cycles eventually end all getting a bit predictable at times . Problem.is now he is on that wage reduces clubs who could stand it. . Not singling him out just my opinion
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #637: Jan 14, 2023 08:49:46 pm
      Psychologists have identified that in a group or team environment, when things are going well, each single person tends to exaggerate their contribution to that success. Conversely, when things are not going so well, an individual will subconsciously overly blame other members of the group, deflecting criticism from themselves. Perhaps this explains how our team dynamic has broken down....players not trusting each other, with each player only seeing the negatives in their teammates. This might go some way to explaining our rapid collapse?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #638: Jan 14, 2023 08:56:12 pm
      The profile at the club and the enormous salary he gets...he has to step up and be counted, you have to go beyond the level of the others, not now and again, but week in, week out. For me, he tends to hide a bit when the going gets tough. He needs to find a way to score goals...that's the deal he signed up to.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #639: Jan 14, 2023 08:56:21 pm
      Psychologists have identified that in a group or team environment, when things are going well, each single person tends to exaggerate their contribution to that success. Conversely, when things are not going so well, an individual will subconsciously overly blame other members of the group, deflecting criticism from themselves. Perhaps this explains how our team dynamic has broken down....players not trusting each other, with each player only seeing the negatives in their teammates. This might go some way to explaining our rapid collapse?

...and they had to use ink to come to that conclusion. Stone me..a Millwall fan could've worked that one out..
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #640: Jan 14, 2023 09:02:20 pm
      I don't give a sh*t if we finish outside of the top 4. I just want the new owners to be sorted out as fast as possible, we can't keep going like this with an uncertain future.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #641: Jan 14, 2023 09:33:52 pm
      Rafa is there and waiting to save our season, he has unfinished businesses

As if.

Rafa would have these owners outed quicker than anything. They would go absolutely nowhere near him even if he was still at the top of the game with his legs spread begging to come here
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #642: Jan 14, 2023 09:41:10 pm
      Without getting into who's fault it is, we needed 2 CMs start of 21/22 season, latest. We need 3 now if you ask me.

Arthur coming on the last day (was it) of the last summer window tells you we j ee we were short there and then Kopps comments about 2 months ago saying it was a mistake to not bring a CM in sort of says that he wanted kne and Arthur wasn't what he was after.

Yet, if the coffers are as closed as they seem, Klopp must've thought our midfield was not as desperate for reinforcements as our depleted front free options when signing Gakpo.

It's just a F***ing mess
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #643: Jan 14, 2023 10:14:23 pm
      He basically stopped producing shortly after his pay rise. It wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted/left in the summer. Saving you £400k ( if that’s what he’s on ) a week would supply you at least two new players wages.

Tbf to Mo. Any offensive player in the world would struggle with our out of form midfield. Its not like he is missing alot of chances.

No one is creating for him, and it ends up Mo trying to force things.

Im not worried about Mo. He just needs few players around him perform better and he will be back to his best.

Quick Reply