Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17465 times
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 14, 2023 10:51:09 pm
      Not going to lie and may not be popular opinion but if we got a truck load of money for Mo It wouldn't bother me

The issue with Salah leaving will be his contract and how much he is on ... with hindsight, we offered him way too much - it makes any transfer out of the club quite difficult because he'll expect parity with whoever he goes to and I can't see anyone else offering him even close to what he is on
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #645: Jan 14, 2023 11:05:08 pm
      Its not like he is missing alot of chances.

No one is creating for him, and it ends up Mo trying to force things.

Really? Only Nunez has missed more big chances than Salah out of all players in the entire league ... he absolutely is missing a lot of chances.

As a team, we have hit the woodwork the most number of times in the league, we have had the second highest number of shots out of all teams, and (as a team) we are miles out in first place for the most number of big chances missed. It's absolute rubbish to say that noone is creating for him. Salah is not alone here, but he is the highest paid and he is most definitely missing chances!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #646: Jan 14, 2023 11:17:45 pm
      Klopp: "I can't remember a worse game....And I mean all my career. Not only Liverpool."
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #647: Jan 14, 2023 11:20:37 pm
      Really? Only Nunez has missed more big chances than Salah out of all players in the entire league ... he absolutely is missing a lot of chances.

As a team, we have hit the woodwork the most number of times in the league, we have had the second highest number of shots out of all teams, and (as a team) we are miles out in first place for the most number of big chances missed. It's absolute rubbish to say that noone is creating for him. Salah is not alone here, but he is the highest paid and he is most definitely missing chances!

You are right. He is joint second with Haaland. Still think he is a good player who is trying to force things. Only Taa is in the chances created table, none of our midfielder is there.

Offcourse does that affect our attack and defense. I honestly think the problem this year has been our midfield, and since they are offering nothing then our defence and our attack are looking worse for it.

If we managed to get the points then nobody would have been talking about this. Mo isnt helping much, but he nor his wages are the problem.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #648: Jan 14, 2023 11:38:54 pm
      If money was all it took, Man Utd would have been dominating in the league for the past 5-6 seasons

Since Glaziers snr died his offspring have tightened the purse strings and the big signings are no more.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #649: Jan 14, 2023 11:51:39 pm
      Since Glaziers snr died his offspring have tightened the purse strings and the big signings are no more.

Just spent 200m in one window the strings aren't that tight.  Doesn't include Maguire ,Sanch ,Pogba , Lukaku, etc etc
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #650: Jan 15, 2023 02:04:08 am
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #651: Jan 15, 2023 05:51:17 am

He is a real genius.... I suggest he shuts off his twitter account and focus on actually doing his job.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #652: Jan 15, 2023 06:05:28 am
      Just spent 200m in one window the strings aren't that tight.  Doesn't include Maguire ,Sanch ,Pogba , Lukaku, etc etc

Funnily they are the ones protesting when compared to our activity in the transfer window..
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #653: Jan 15, 2023 07:03:19 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #654: Jan 15, 2023 08:28:04 am
      Tbf to Mo. Any offensive player in the world would struggle with our out of form midfield. Its not like he is missing alot of chances.

No one is creating for him, and it ends up Mo trying to force things.

Im not worried about Mo. He just needs few players around him perform better and he will be back to his best.

Thatā€™s a fair comment because he isnā€™t getting the distribution he once had.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #655: Jan 15, 2023 09:01:33 am
      Well if this performance doesnā€™t set the alarm bells ringing nothing will.
      Absolutely abysmal but highly predictable before a ball was kicked.
      Stop F***ing about and open the chequebook and help your manager FSG .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #656: Jan 15, 2023 09:11:16 am
      Klopp: "I can't remember a worse game....And I mean all my career. Not only Liverpool."

F**k, this isnā€™t good. Im so depressed.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #657: Jan 15, 2023 09:15:56 am
      Iā€™ve just realised if by some miracle we beat wolves who we play in the 4th round
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #658: Jan 15, 2023 09:32:45 am

Got to admit I honestly thought the same
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #659: Jan 15, 2023 09:46:53 am
      Oh god we are turning into United

Indeed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #660: Jan 15, 2023 10:43:30 am

Christ - can remember a lot of games even worse
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #661: Jan 15, 2023 10:50:21 am
      If FSG are prepared to spend on our two recent strikers, I canā€™t think why they wouldnā€™t fund midfield players.
      Perhaps Bellingham is the main target, but he wonā€™t be released until summer. This might also be the case with any other targets. We are clearly not privy to any approaches for players that may have been made.
      Some players may prefer to go to other clubs as well.
      Iā€™m sure FSG realise that any funds spent will be returned from players we sell and of course shirt and merchandise sales.
      Not defending them, but weā€™re all so critical of them, when we donā€™t know sh*t about what goes on behind closed doors.
      Itā€™s evident from yesterday that we need a reboot, so why would they let us go into decline and see their asset devalue. Just not good business.
      Iā€™m sure something will happen this month to shore up the midfield.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #662: Jan 15, 2023 10:55:30 am

One of very few worst Liverpool FC games in my memory.

Now it's no JK or players problem, it's the club problem.
      The solution not in capacity of only the manager, it's the owner decision IMO. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #663: Jan 15, 2023 11:01:01 am

I didnā€™t watch it yesterday but was it worse than that 3-0 loss at Watford quite soon after he took over?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #664: Jan 15, 2023 11:03:30 am
      If FSG are prepared to spend on our two recent strikers, I canā€™t think why they wouldnā€™t fund midfield players.
      Perhaps Bellingham is the main target, but he wonā€™t be released until summer. This might also be the case with any other targets. We are clearly not privy to any approaches for players that may have been made.
      Iā€™m sure FSG realise that any funds spent will be returned from players we sell and of course shirt and merchandise sales.
      Not defending them, but weā€™re all so critical of them, when we donā€™t know sh*t about what goes on behind closed doors.
      Itā€™s evident from yesterday that we need a reboot, so why would they let us go into decline and see their asset devalue. Just not good business.

They're not planning on letting their asset devalue. They're trying to bail as quick as they can without putting in a cent and maintain maximum value.

The problem they've got is that no buyer is going to pay what they want/think we're worth because A - the team is in serious decline through lack of investment and B - we won't be a champions league elite club next season. So any buyer will wait and get the best price regardless of whether they will invest in the team or not. Would you overpay for a car that needs a new engine and 4 new tyres or would you drag it out and drive the price down so that the seller in effect pays for the repairs.

As far as Bellingham goes. We need to get in the real world. He may as well stay at dortmund than come here and if he's leaving there's plenty of better options out there where he will be in the CL and winning medals immediately.

We need to come up with a plan ... and find 2 or 3 ... find the next wijnaldums etc for a reasonable fee so we can get our identity back. Easier said than done to find them. And easier said than done to convince them to come to a team with no European football and alot of uncertainty off the field.

The club is in chaos. People behind the scenes want out. JĆ¼rgen is making mistakes but the blame for this mess lies squarely at fsgs door.

My message to those greedy bas*Ards is sell up and f*ck off and do it quickly. They're quids in ... all on the back of klopps work. Don't drag it out ... just go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #665: Jan 15, 2023 11:03:37 am

The issue is the media make lots of noise about the club being interested in x y and Z and many just believe it all

What we have seen is that they know sweet fa about what players the club are looking at

Iā€™m pretty confident they have their targets and they will be speaking to the club and players about them
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #666: Jan 15, 2023 11:08:45 am
      They're not planning on letting their asset devalue. They're trying to bail as quick as they can without putting in a cent and maintain maximum value.

The problem they've got is that no buyer is going to pay what they want/think we're worth because A - the team is in serious decline through lack of investment and B - we won't be a champions league elite club next season. So any buyer will wait and get the best price regardless of whether they will invest in the team or not. Would you overpay for a car that needs a new engine and 4 new tyres or would you drag it out and drive the price down so that the seller in effect pays for the repairs.

As far as Bellingham goes. We need to get in the real world. He may as well stay at dortmund than come here and if he's leaving there's plenty of better options out there where he will be in the CL and winning medals immediately.

We need to come up with a plan ... and find 2 or 3 ... find the next wijnaldums etc for a reasonable fee so we can get our identity back. Easier said than done to find them. And easier said than done to convince them to come to a team with no European football and alot of uncertainty off the field.

The club is in chaos. People behind the scenes want out. JĆ¼rgen is making mistakes but the Blake for this mess lies squarely at fsgs door.

My message to those greedy bas*Ards is sell up and f*ck off and do it quickly. They're quids in ... all on the back of klopps work. Don't drag it out ... just go.

What we do know is that you know F**k all about the club behind the scenes - there isnā€™t ā€œchaosā€ , itā€™s embarrassing people reacting as bad as they are over a drop in form

Quick Reply