Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Wolves v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Replay Tues 17th Jan 19:45

Read 4376 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Re: Wolves v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Replay Tues 17th Jan 19:45 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Jan 16, 2023 08:09:34 am
      It’s clear our weakness is our ability to be compact whilst high up the pitch which klopp has mentioned, players are simply not getting into their positions to close down or close the space as he puts it quick enough

We also are giving the ball away loosely, I have no doubt klopp won’t change his style but I hope he does until the end of the season. The key is to change our fluid system to a more rigid one imo as it’s all we need

Alisson

Taa- full backs with license to go
      Gomez
      Konate
      Robbo

Fab sitting in front of the top two, in a rigid system

Bajectic- next go fab sitting ensuring nobody can run through us

Keita, again sitting in front a bit fluid, really making us solid, the two behind also may need to cover full backs and Keita must drop back

Doak
      Gakpo
      Salah

Just have 5 very compact and defensive to stop teams running at us, when teams have the ball, have a 4-2-2-2 like shape and 9 behind the ball at all times imo

Make us hard to beat, try to take it to penalties, get draws instead of defeats, call it being negative but it beats watching us being ripped apart
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #47: Jan 16, 2023 08:15:55 am
      I'm expecting at least a fight from whoever start this game, for the club, for the supporters, for the boss and for themselves.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #48: Jan 16, 2023 10:04:21 am
      Klopp should play this game like it matters. FA-Cup is our only realistic chance for silverware this season.

True. I can't stand him playing Academy players almost every time we play a cup game unless we're in a semi-final. Losing this would be a big hit, and I would not be mad if he leaves after that. It's a must-win.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #49: Jan 16, 2023 10:24:45 am
      True. I can't stand him playing Academy players almost every time we play a cup game unless we're in a semi-final. Losing this would be a big hit, and I would not be mad if he leaves after that. It's a must-win.

Klopp is going nowhere.

As for wolves ... who should he pick. Nobody is in form. You can't pick a team on names alone. I'd freshen it up and give some of the others a go. Can't do any worse cam they.

Alisson

Trent         Gomez            konate      Robertson

Keita            Bajcetic

Doak                     Elliot                  Gapko

Salah
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2023 07:15:28 pm by Don77 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2023 12:10:50 pm

You've uncovered why we struggled last season in the Cups..........

Not sure why the 4th round replay would be such a big hit, and what is wrong with people talking.about Jürgen leaving?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2023 03:44:17 pm
      Not sure what to expect against Wolves tomorrow. Showing some fight and not conceding an early goal, will do for starters. In fact keeping a clean sheet appears almost impossible nowadays.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #52: Jan 16, 2023 03:51:14 pm
      Start all the U18’s at least they will run!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Pre-MatcWolves v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Replay Tues 17th Jan 19:45
      Reply #53: Jan 16, 2023 04:09:29 pm
      Expecting our lads to be super fit for this after not playing football last weekend.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Pre-Match: Wolves v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Replay Tues 17th Jan 19:45
      Reply #54: Jan 16, 2023 04:57:17 pm
      Is it bad that I'm not even looking forward to watching. Ugh, hate this feeling.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #55: Jan 16, 2023 05:14:27 pm
      Expecting our lads to be super fit for this after not playing football last weekend.

They are fortunate they are not paid by performance !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Pre-MatcWolves v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Replay Tues 17th Jan 19:45
      Reply #56: Jan 16, 2023 05:24:14 pm
      Haven't played football this year!!!
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #57: Jan 16, 2023 07:34:42 pm
      On redmen tv podcast one of the guys said that we had 6 weeks to fix our season. We have actually got worse.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2023 09:14:27 pm by Tadders »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #58: Jan 16, 2023 07:37:49 pm
      On redmen tv podcast one of the guys said that we had 6 weeks to fix our season. We have actually for worse.

I reckon they're on about getting the team right to face Real!!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #59: Jan 16, 2023 08:59:40 pm
                      Kelleher

Ramsay  Matip   Konate  Kostas

Trent  Hendo  Bacjectic  Robbo

Salah  Gakpo

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #60: Jan 16, 2023 09:17:24 pm
      Is it bad that I'm not even looking forward to watching. Ugh, hate this feeling.

No mate it’s reality at the moment. Used to love building my week around us playing, now it’s a case of hoping for the best.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #61: Jan 17, 2023 12:29:50 am
      I' sill going for the win, but something deep inside me says it wont happen. Just gotta go out and give it 100 % and hope we get a win to create a bit of belief and confidence again. Certainly don't want too many youngsters in there. If the senior pro's don't do it, the youngsters will be decimated.

COME ON YOU RED MEN. PRIDE IN THE SHIRT, LETS GET INTO THESE AND SHOW THEM WHO WE REALY ARE !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #62: Jan 17, 2023 06:27:42 am
      NB: Team no longer available

We are win from somewhere.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #63: Jan 17, 2023 08:25:08 am
      With Klopps talk of going back to basics I'm expecting us to be more compact and less like the Milwaukee Bucks running forwards and chasing backwards all game long. Which I must admit is long over due for this team.

Playing basic football and building slowly from there doesn't bide well for the next few games though, and only once we have built our way back to playing how a good Liverpool team plays will we start getting some results.

For now I'm expecting our lads in a show of contrition to the fans and with a flee in their ear off themselves and the coaches to be more preoccupied in staying in their defensive shape off the ball than scoring goals so we might find our games are much lower scoring this next few weeks.

This is a cup game and in the end someone will win today so if we keep it tight long enough we might nick something or get ourselves to penalties.

Im guessing this back to basics Klopp is talking about will see our full backs play deeper and us have   less chances to score ourselves. It will take a bit of getting used to.

What we are talking about here in the short term in ensuring we are compact won't get many off their seats and probably won't be good enough to actually win a lot games. Ultinately we will have to expand beyond the basics at some point.

Klopps job now is ultimately to find the right balance but I applaud the basic sentiment of building back from the bottom up.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2023 08:36:37 am by __Tickle__ »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #64: Jan 17, 2023 08:46:39 am
      Something has to change, even if it’s only swapping this player for that, along with arses being booted I’m all for donating spells on the bench for one or two of our regular shoe in starters…it’s a gamble but so is walking out your front door every day, you just don’t think about it…..I’d give this a go and if it doesn’t work we haven’t lost anything accept a wee bit of pride which is already damaged………..

Kelleher
                   Trent.Matip Konate Robbo
                       Fabinho  Bacjetic
                   Doak.   Thiago.   Gakpo
                               Salah

It’s a bit light in midfield but, like I said it’s a gamble and we have to try something different, don’t want to see, Hendo, Ox, Milner, Naby, in at the start and only brought on late on or if absolutely necessary,

I would like to see some of the academy lads on the bench too, we can have 5 subs so for me three of them used should be young lads either making debuts or taking another chance,

The bench should look something like this….

Alisson, Ramsey, Phillips, Hendo, Clark, Kostas, Carvalho, Naby, Jones,

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #65: Jan 17, 2023 09:01:45 am
      No Darwin tonight be sounds of it
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Jan 17, 2023 09:19:22 am
      Klopp tried to change the system at weekend. Wondering if he will try something else tonight. Will defo be changes. youth will be added.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Jan 17, 2023 10:25:52 am
      Something has to change, even if it’s only swapping this player for that, along with arses being booted I’m all for donating spells on the bench for one or two of our regular shoe in starters…it’s a gamble but so is walking out your front door every day, you just don’t think about it…..I’d give this a go and if it doesn’t work we haven’t lost anything accept a wee bit of pride which is already damaged………..

Kelleher
                   Trent.Matip Konate Robbo
                       Fabinho  Bacjetic
                   Doak.   Thiago.   Gakpo
                               Salah

It’s a bit light in midfield but, like I said it’s a gamble and we have to try something different, don’t want to see, Hendo, Ox, Milner, Naby, in at the start and only brought on late on or if absolutely necessary,

I would like to see some of the academy lads on the bench too, we can have 5 subs so for me three of them used should be young lads either making debuts or taking another chance,

The bench should look something like this….

Alisson, Ramsey, Phillips, Hendo, Clark, Kostas, Carvalho, Naby, Jones,

Have a feeling a lot of the team that started saturday wont start, klopp hinted that he just cant play them. basically sunday to rest, then light training yesterday for those guys.

soo....

------------- Ali ----------------
      Ramsey - Philips - Gomez - Kostas
      --------  Bacjetic Naby --------
      ---- Elliott - Jones - Carvhalo ---
      --------- Doak -----------------

Heavy strong bench !!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #68: Jan 17, 2023 01:08:37 pm
      Let’s see if there is a change in formation tonight after his presser yesterday.

But we have been here before so fingers crossed.

Quick Reply