Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Our squad + next season

Read 8373 times
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Re: Our squad + next season
      Reply #23: Jan 15, 2023 02:47:56 pm
      It's a mess because we've sat back and let everyone either get too old, or let their contracts run out.

Next year we should have been looking at replacements for VVD and Fabinho.. but now that has to be ignored because we still have Hendo, Ox, Naby, Thiago and Milner here.

Jones, Elliott and Fabio are gambles that isn't going to pay off. We need to stop trying to believe that these are players that are good enough to be challenging for trophies.. because they're not.

We need to add physical players in midfield that have energy to burn.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #24: Jan 15, 2023 02:48:36 pm
      Klopp's got enough credit banked to be given more time.

Proper real match-going fans get that - I wish armchair fans like you would get it too!!

I think you are seriously in denial and borderline delusional
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #25: Jan 15, 2023 03:07:35 pm
      Yep. We need to steady the ship.

Bring in Hodgson again  I'm sure he'll steady it!!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #26: Jan 15, 2023 03:10:26 pm
      Bring in Hodgson again  I'm sure he'll steady it!!

Is he even still alive?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27: Jan 15, 2023 03:18:09 pm
      I think you are seriously in denial and borderline delusional

I don’t think now is the time to get rid of Klopp.
      I think he can turn it around. A few key midfielders would assist that.
      But even from another point of view, getting rid now would mean a new plan and direction: then in 18 months if the owners sell and they want their own man we have to start again.

I don’t think there is anyone better than Klopp out there and to sack him now after what points tally we got last season would be like rainieri getting sacked 6 months after winning title.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #28: Jan 15, 2023 03:18:51 pm

Yeah living out his days telling anyone who'll listen about his Swedish championship winning team of 1979 :laugh:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #29: Jan 15, 2023 03:24:50 pm
      Yeah living out his days telling anyone who'll listen about his Swedish championship winning team of 1979 :laugh:

Was it him or Brendan who described Northampton as ‘mighty opponents?’

What days they were. That was when we were in poorer turmoil
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2023 03:27:45 pm

New manager who has that mentality to change things and not let a club go down out of loyalty to old
      Pros

"KeepTheFaith"

Yeah right.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2023 03:28:26 pm
      I don’t think now is the time to get rid of Klopp.
      I think he can turn it around. A few key midfielders would assist that.
      But even from another point of view, getting rid now would mean a new plan and direction: then in 18 months if the owners sell and they want their own man we have to start again.

I don’t think there is anyone better than Klopp out there and to sack him now after what points tally we got last season would be like rainieri getting sacked 6 months after winning title.

Tbh we will be sold by the end of this season

If you think klopp will turn it around then fair enough, it’s your point of view, I think absolutely will not and it’s a carbon copy of what happened at dortmund and look how that ended
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2023 03:29:25 pm

Yes in the club, nobody is bigger than that, club comes first, faith that we will have a new structure which includes a fresh start next year with new coaching team and owners
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2023 03:30:49 pm

Hodgson
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2023 03:39:49 pm
      Tbh we will be sold by the end of this season

If you think klopp will turn it around then fair enough, it’s your point of view, I think absolutely will not and it’s a carbon copy of what happened at dortmund and look how that ended

But at dortmund his hands were a lot more tied than here.
      He couldn’t build much there before he had to sell.
      I believe with two quality midfielders we can get going again.

Plus, I would like to give Klopp a little more time to fix things. He deserves at least that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2023 03:41:50 pm

Hodgson. And an away tie v Trabzonspur in the qualifying rounds of the Europa as another famous European night.

Plus getting twatted at Goodison 3-0 and describing it as a good performance
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1076 
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2023 03:42:31 pm
      3 CMs and CB.

Would to see Connor Gallagher, Jensen from Brentford, or Olise from Palace. All of them put in a shift and would be ideal to give you the pressing that we've lacked this season. Go HAM for Bellingham. Try and get the kid at CB from Leipzig.

Does anyone think that perhaps with a fit squad Klopp sees Gakpo as a MFer? Big fast kid with great dribbling and crossing

Oh, and 3 three new strikers too :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2023 03:44:39 pm
      3 CMs and CB.

Would to see Connor Gallagher, Jensen from Brentford, or Eze from Palace. All of them put in a shift and would be ideal to give you the pressing that we've lacked this season. Go HAM for Bellingham. Try and get the kid at CB from Leipzig

Oh, and 3 three new strikers too :f_tongueincheek:

Gallagher's a shout.

I'd have a look at, especially if they're relegated, Ward-Prowse from Southampton
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2023 03:48:04 pm
      But at dortmund his hands were a lot more tied than here.
      He couldn’t build much there before he had to sell.
      I believe with two quality midfielders we can get going again.

Plus, I would like to give Klopp a little more time to fix things. He deserves at least that.

He let it get this way here…he could have brought those midfield players in but was constantly saying how we didn’t need them…despite everyone saying otherwise

Even in jan he went for an attacker

Do you really think klopp will fix the issue ? I can only see him bringing in one or nobody and then saying he couldn’t get his main target

We won’t be in cl, the excuse is there to meow existing players and not bringing new ones in as klopp won’t let his favourites go

Would any top top class manager let us get in this state ? Remember it was klopp who has built this squad and this is where we are now

What about these points then ? He built what we have today and didn’t add what we needed

I don’t think he still realises his mistakes and probably feels we just need a pre season with the same midfield players

Afterall he didn’t see the Brighton performance coming whenever we all did

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1076 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2023 03:52:15 pm
      Gallagher's a shout.

I'd have a look at, especially if they're relegated, Ward-Prowse from Southampton

I've said that too. Obviously an amzing free kick taker and great through ball passer. Don't watch enough of them to really remember what hes like without the ball or if he can do the rigorous pressing, but even ifbhe isnt, he'd be an amazing guy to bring on when chasing a game
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2023 03:53:20 pm
      Anyway

In terms of main players

I would get rid of Gomez on loan, bring in a young cb who can replace the main man in a couple of years, then year after Matip moves on and we bring back Gomez as our 4th choice

Keita and ox out on free
      Jones on loan
      Milner, coach deal

Bring in two quality cm

Remember we won’t be in Europe so we don’t need this big squad

In attack, time to move Bobby on up top as we have enough attackers, again less games as we won’t be in Europe

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2023 03:54:27 pm
      I've said that too. Obviously an amzing free kick taker and great through ball passer. Don't watch enough of them to really remember what hes like without the ball or if he can do the rigorous pressing, but even ifbhe isnt, he'd be an amazing guy to bring on when chasing a game

Seen him a couple of times when Saints been on and always impressed me, seems to have stepped up a level with his own game this season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2023 04:01:54 pm
      He let it get this way here…he could have brought those midfield players in but was constantly saying how we didn’t need them…despite everyone saying otherwise

Even in jan he went for an attacker

Do you really think klopp will fix the issue ? I can only see him bringing in one or nobody and then saying he couldn’t get his main target

We won’t be in cl, the excuse is there to meow existing players and not bringing new ones in as klopp won’t let his favourites go

Would any top top class manager let us get in this state ? Remember it was klopp who has built this squad and this is where we are now

What about these points then ? He built what we have today and didn’t add what we needed

I don’t think he still realises his mistakes and probably feels we just need a pre season with the same midfield players

Afterall he didn’t see the Brighton performance coming whenever we all did

I’d give him next season at least.
      It wouldn’t sit right with me if he left without giving him a chance to sort out the mess.

And we could have every top manager in the world and they may never reach the heights we had under Klopp. 90+ points is incredible. And not just once.

Confidence is shot at the minute throughout the squad which isn’t helping.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2023 04:23:56 pm
      I’d give him next season at least.
      It wouldn’t sit right with me if he left without giving him a chance to sort out the mess.

And we could have every top manager in the world and they may never reach the heights we had under Klopp. 90+ points is incredible. And not just once.

Confidence is shot at the minute throughout the squad which isn’t helping.

Simple question for that brain dead muppet as I've got him on ignore, but whoever replaces Klopp, do you reckon they're getting much to spend?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2023 04:35:50 pm
      Simple question for that brain dead muppet as I've got him on ignore, but whoever replaces Klopp, do you reckon they're getting much to spend?

I don’t know who is a better option, if anyone.
      The transfer policy would be similar to what it is now I imagine?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2023 04:41:38 pm
      I don’t know who is a better option, if anyone.
      The transfer policy would be similar to what it is now I imagine?

Sell before we can buy then!! So what other manager is gonna pull miracles out for us?

Ridiculous scenarios cos fan boy types have got their knickers in a twist basically.

Quick Reply