Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Our squad + next season

Read 8402 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3363 
      Re: Our squad + next season
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2023 05:51:58 pm
      Just throwing it out there. But would anyone consider selling Elliot. Would bring in a few bob.
      He's a decent player, but not sure he fits the system. Strikes me more as a tricky winger type, but still not someone who would play in our front three, and doesn't score many. Can look a bit lost sometimes, just imho.
      In saying that he's young, and by no means the lowest performer in the middle. Just a thought/stir.

Don’t think it’s someone that Klopp would look to lose - still got a lot of learning and developing yet
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2023 05:52:03 pm
      Everyone's presuming this without any evidence.

My former manager in current workplace is from Cork - he reckons Kelleher ain't leaving. Kelleher is also from Cork

Bazunu doing well at Saints after making the break from no2.  And so prob has the no1 Irish jersey.  Maybe if Kelleher wants more caps/starts at Intl level, might need to move.  Though not sure how important that is to him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2023 05:52:55 pm
      Don’t think it’s someone that Klopp would look to lose - still got a lot of learning and developing yet

He has.  Where you reckon his best position is?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3363 
      Reply #72: Jan 15, 2023 05:54:18 pm
      He has.  Where you reckon his best position is?

More of a number ten type player , when he first came into the squad his link up play was superb
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #73: Jan 15, 2023 06:12:42 pm
      Just throwing it out there. But would anyone consider selling Elliot. Would bring in a few bob.
      He's a decent player, but not sure he fits the system. Strikes me more as a tricky winger type, but still not someone who would play in our front three, and doesn't score many. Can look a bit lost sometimes, just imho.
      In saying that he's young, and by no means the lowest performer in the middle. Just a thought/stir.

I think with Elliott, he actually does the dirty work better than he does with the ball at his feet. He works his bollocks off and does win the ball back a fair bit then when he gets it he either tries too much but doesn't have the pace to get away from the opposition or the guile to play the passes he sees.

I think he'd be better suited moving to the left hand side of the midfield three. He's all left foot, so when he does receive it he always comes back inside. So if he does go on the overlap, he has to get it back on his left to whip it in, whereas when Henderson plays in that position he can hit first time. On the other side though, he could play the ball quicker.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2023 06:26:35 pm
      I think he'd be better suited moving to the left hand side of the midfield three. He's all left foot, so when he does receive it he always comes back inside.

Yea, seems odd when he's on the right, coming inside,  and we loose width. Reckon same though, left in a midfield three. Not sure would agree on how effective he is on the defensive side of his game though, but thats just imho.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 731 
      Reply #75: Jan 15, 2023 06:39:10 pm
      Decent enough but not good enough for us IMO.. I wouldn't lose sleep if he was moved on.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 516 
      Reply #76: Jan 15, 2023 07:03:05 pm
      I think with Elliott, he actually does the dirty work better than he does with the ball at his feet. He works his bollocks off and does win the ball back a fair bit then when he gets it he either tries too much but doesn't have the pace to get away from the opposition or the guile to play the passes he sees.

I think he'd be better suited moving to the left hand side of the midfield three. He's all left foot, so when he does receive it he always comes back inside. So if he does go on the overlap, he has to get it back on his left to whip it in, whereas when Henderson plays in that position he can hit first time. On the other side though, he could play the ball quicker.

Would be worth a look on the left of a midfield 3. Don't feel a left footer on the right gives Trent as much cover as he needs either.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #77: Jan 15, 2023 07:31:01 pm
      Elliott not quick enough to be wide and not defensively good enough at the moment in a 3. In the hole where Naby should have been deployed more but current system won't allow
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #78: Jan 15, 2023 08:31:56 pm
      Gallagher's a shout.

I'd have a look at, especially if they're relegated, Ward-Prowse from Southampton

His goals would help
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #79: Jan 15, 2023 08:52:04 pm
      I think this is going to depend on what European football we have next season.
      Champions league is looking unlikely but still possible. If we qualify we need the owners to spend big on a few quality players, probably 2 very good central midfielders and a CB will be enough to replace Naby, Ox, Milner, Melo and maybe Matip.
      If we get Europa league or the other tournament we need a bigger squad of young players who will all get some time on the pitch.
      If we miss out o  Europe completely, which is very unlikely IMHO, we will probably need to send a few young players out on loan and have a smaller squad and a consistent starting 11 for the league.

If we don't get Champions league we might see a few unexpected departures, Mo, Allison, Thiago, Fab, maybe 1 of the left left wingers. Some of them might not want to stay for the rebuild; the club might also want to reduce the salary and have money for new players.

I still don't understand why some people are talking about getting rid of Klopp. I trust him to develop a new team, with a bit of time and money. He's not perfect (noone is) and he probably has had to much trust in old players. But he's still 1 of the best managers in the world.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #80: Jan 15, 2023 09:13:14 pm
      Really don't see the need to rush Jones out the door.

I'd keep him as one of the midfielders as he's also able to play higher on the left as well. Still a very young player who I think can make it here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Jan 16, 2023 02:25:07 am
      Really don't see the need to rush Jones out the door.

I'd keep him as one of the midfielders as he's also able to play higher on the left as well. Still a very young player who I think can make it here.

3 midfielders needed even if Jones stays.
      Ox, Keith and Milner need to be replaced.
      I'd like to see Jones stay and see what he can do if he gets a run of form.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #82: Jan 16, 2023 08:51:31 am
      3 midfielders needed even if Jones stays.
      Ox, Keith and Milner need to be replaced.
      I'd like to see Jones stay and see what he can do if he gets a run of form.

Maybe 2 midfielders will be enough if they have enough quality to go straight into the team and stay fit. We have a very big squad but a lot of them are always injured, not good enough anymore or both. We had a much smaller squad a few years ago but were still able to win a league and champions league.

I'd be happy with a squad with Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Jones, Elliot, 2 new quality MFs, Bajcetic and other young players getting a bit of game time. Then, at the end of 23/24 season we might lose Thiago, possibly Fabinho and Henderson from the squad with only 1 quality player coming in.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #83: Jan 16, 2023 09:32:37 am
      Maybe 2 midfielders will be enough if they have enough quality to go straight into the team and stay fit. We have a very big squad but a lot of them are always injured, not good enough anymore or both. We had a much smaller squad a few years ago but were still able to win a league and champions league.

I'd be happy with a squad with Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Jones, Elliot, 2 new quality MFs, Bajcetic and other young players getting a bit of game time. Then, at the end of 23/24 season we might lose Thiago, possibly Fabinho and Henderson from the squad with only 1 quality player coming in.

It would depend very much on the two midfielders you were getting.
      In the world of fantasy football Bellingham and Fernandez set the club up.
      250M though for two players.
      We are in a world now where nobody can say "actually no here are the three players we can get for less than that."
      We're all on the juice now it would appear.
      There is only Jude Bellingham according to reports.
      Everything else will be deemed a failure. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2023 09:43:02 am
      Klopp's got enough credit banked to be given more time.

Proper real match-going fans get that - I wish armchair fans like you would get it too!!

Too busy on his f***in game’s console H, and he’s just being a cnut, he wants Klopp gone but will keep Hendo, Fabinho & Thiago, there’s a delusional fuckwit right there !!

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2023 12:55:05 pm
      Hodgson. And an away tie v Trabzonspur in the qualifying rounds of the Europa as another famous European night.

Plus getting twatted at Goodison 3-0 and describing it as a good performance

And saying he was off for a glass of red with with Sir Alex after we got twatted at united
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #86: Jan 16, 2023 07:07:36 pm
      And saying he was off for a glass of red with with Sir Alex after we got twatted at united

And pretty much let Ferguson call Torres a diving tw*t without a peep about Nani.

One utter shithouse.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Jan 16, 2023 10:09:34 pm

so you think we should keep hold of Ox & Naby, and keep being overrun in midfield by everyone and anyone with a pulse, even fuckstick’s like you should know we need a complete midfield overhaul yet you want to keep the same midfield that is clearly failing, Hendo, done, Fabinho done, Thiago, done, Ox not good enough, Naby out of his depth and injury prone, Bobby maybe one more season,Curtis has potential but he should be pushing out players like Thiago or at least give Jürgen dilemmas, Elliot has time, if you can’t comprehend that then you’re obviously thick as sh*t,

Keep taking the happy smarties mate, you’re special, what does the inside windows of the sunshine bus taste of ??

To think I agree with most of what you say about your players must give me a chance a Billy, not bad for a manc.  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Jan 16, 2023 10:43:29 pm
      To think I agree with most of what you say about your players must give me a chance a Billy, not bad for a manc.  ;D

Keith, not gonna blow smoke up your arse for seeing what everyone else can see, except that F**k moron, Christ on a f***in bike, it’s as clear as day, i can’t imagine for one f***in second that ‘Sir’ Bob would be as loyal as Jürgen, not a f***in chance,

Bob would have shipped out Jimmy about 4 years ago, Hendo the year after, followed by the rest consequently, and a brand new shiny midfield would be in their second season at least and all well oiled in a well oiled machine, Ferguson the same in his earlier yrs, would have shipped out the tired legs, and the lackadaisical minds,

This is not a slur on Jürgen because when all is said and done what he has achieved on a budget is absolutely incredible, and f***in No Marks like that ‘Has no Faith’ tw*t, simply don’t or cannot understand just how good a manager he is, RE- he’s the one who thinks we should keep our current midfield, the one that isn’t working anymore,

You maybe a Manky Manc tw*t faced mutha f**ker, but you know football, how it works and recognise greatness when it hits you on yer ugly mug.

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #89: Jan 16, 2023 10:52:57 pm

Keith, not gonna blow smoke up your arse for seeing what everyone else can see, except that F**k moron, Christ on a f***in bike, it’s as clear as day, i can’t imagine for one f***in second that ‘Sir’ Bob would be as loyal as Jürgen, not a f***in chance,

Bob would have shipped out Jimmy about 4 years ago, Hendo the year after, followed by the rest consequently, and a brand new shiny midfield would be in their second season at least and all well oiled in a well oiled machine, Ferguson the same in his earlier yrs, would have shipped out the tired legs, and the lackadaisical minds,

This is not a slur on Jürgen because when all is said and done what he has achieved on a budget is absolutely incredible, and f***in No Marks like that ‘Has no Faith’ tw*t, simply don’t or cannot understand just how good a manager he is, RE- he’s the one who thinks we should keep our current midfield, the one that isn’t working anymore,

You maybe a Manky Manc tw*t faced mutha f**ker, but you know football, how it works and recognise greatness when it hits you on yer ugly mug.

Y  N  W  A

The comparison made by someone regarding Watford and Barry Endean was spot on, Klopp like Shankly is very loyal to his players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #90: Jan 17, 2023 09:41:19 am

Keith, not gonna blow smoke up your arse for seeing what everyone else can see, except that f**k moron, Christ on a f***in bike, it’s as clear as day, i can’t imagine for one f***in second that ‘Sir’ Bob would be as loyal as Jürgen, not a f***in chance,

Y  N  W  A

Can I crop your post and just go with this?  ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Jan 17, 2023 09:46:21 am
      The comparison made by someone regarding Watford and Barry Endean was spot on, Klopp like Shankly is very loyal to his players.

Arguably you could say Klopp ( loyal ) even more so. However, im probably a little biased and can be accused of wearing rose tints with my opinions on Klopp. I just can’t fault the man apart from joining you lot.  ;D

Quick Reply