Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      1 (1.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (4.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      25 (35.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (5.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      34 (48.6%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Ben Doak
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2023 09:39:24 pm

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 6831 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Jan 17, 2023 10:04:43 pm
      Someone who has never let Liverpool down is Kelleher.  Could quite easily be a Premier League keeper.
      Got to be a shout for the best no2 we have had , as said he never lets us down , never worried when you see his name on the sheet .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool FA Cup Replay
      Reply #300: Jan 17, 2023 10:05:18 pm
      Played well but it was Wolves, though Harvey and Bajcetic played very well
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #301: Jan 17, 2023 10:20:29 pm
      When I saw the line up was not expecting a clean sheet or even a win, the young lad in front of the back 4 got the man of the match from me he was superb
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #302: Jan 17, 2023 10:36:59 pm
      When I saw the line up was not expecting a clean sheet or even a win, the young lad in front of the back 4 got the man of the match from me he was superb

He was very good but I went for Elliott for man of the match.  He did some superb running early on chasing the ball and I think that helped set the tone for the first half from the rest of the team.  Not to mention the goal and even the challenge in the 95th minute to relieve some pressure.  A complete performance from him - no wonder he was on his back at the final whistle.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #303: Jan 17, 2023 10:51:51 pm
      After that performance is Bajcetic now in serious contention. Chelsea at home. Play good football, passing game, some niffty players. Not doing as well but need a midfield that has energy to combat them.

Boss knows the Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho trio is not working as hard as they did in previous seasons, age thing or whatever. Tough call to play Bajcetic in front of one of them. But it's now a serious consideration.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #304: Jan 17, 2023 11:01:28 pm
      Doak was fantastic. I trusted him more with ball than certain others
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #305: Jan 17, 2023 11:02:23 pm
      Delighted of the win. Great for team confidence.
      I voted Bajcetic for motm but Harvey has a good game and great goal.
      I also have very high hope for Fabio, he is similar to Coutinho hopefully he could keep develop, especially his body strength.
      Every starter work hard and all have a good game. Only bit disappointed for Gakpo, he is not as fast as I think he was but he just settling to the team and English football.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #306: Jan 18, 2023 12:06:38 am
      Not sure where Gakpo fits in when everybody is back. Looks a bit tame. Needs to wind himself up a bit more, bit more passion. Got a trick or two just needs a bit more aggression.

Biggest plus was obviously Bajcetic, now we see clearly why the Boss persisted with him. Gets a bit stronger should be able to get higher, see if he can strike a ball, arrive late in the box, score a goal or two. Great prospect. Hope he gets more chances and not just drift out of it once we reinforce the midfield in the next window.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #307: Jan 18, 2023 01:05:28 am
      First post on here tonight. Didn't give us much hope when i saw the line up. Looked like it was either too mediocre, too old, or too young. Was i surprised. Thought Harvey was the standout. Ran his nuts off. Some very decent football and a tremendous strike. The subs sort of unsettled us for a while until they got to grips with their tasks. We lost control for about 10 mins then. Word for Doak. F**k what a player we have there. Strong as an ox, holding off two seasoned pros with ease, coming away with the ball and laying it off across field. Running and chasing everything from the minute ha came on. Mo on the other hand, Jogging around nonchalantly, failing to press, always 3 yards from the nearest opposition with the ball. Had about 5 touches and lost possession each time. F***ing shocking attitude tonight, probably sulking because he was dropped.
      I predicted a 1-2 to us. that was with my heart, with my head i seriously thought we'd lose by a similar score or more.
      Yes I know it was Wolves, but I think Jürgen has some serious decisions to make here on in. We at least got the effort and passion tonight that has been missing for some time.
      Big headache for selection on Saturday morning.  Perhaps that display has reignited the fire in EVERYONE ! I hope so.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #308: Jan 18, 2023 01:14:06 am
      Just seen a video of the guy claiming it be behind the BBC phone prank. Sadly, he's just some cockney YouTube w**ker dealing with severe arrested development who probably needs 'special' help.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #309: Jan 18, 2023 06:26:03 am
      I couldnt watch the game. But, going by the comments and match reports, it seems to be another mediocre performance papered over by the victory. But, we are through to the next round which is what matters as far as this competition is concerned. It gives a chance for Jürgen to fulfill his pre-match message on making amends for the league performance against Brighton in the FA cup.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #310: Jan 18, 2023 06:29:43 am
      After that performance is Bajcetic now in serious contention. Chelsea at home. Play good football, passing game, some niffty players. Not doing as well but need a midfield that has energy to combat them.

Boss knows the Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho trio is not working as hard as they did in previous seasons, age thing or whatever. Tough call to play Bajcetic in front of one of them. But it's now a serious consideration.

I wouldn't mind trying him out. If you are ready, you are ready! Trent made his debut against United at OT.
      I am sure the younger lads will be raring to go and yearning to prove themselves especially after Jürgen said in his post match that places are up for grabs. It will also act as a kick on the backside for many of the so called senior players. Of course it may not work to the T, but the alternative is hardly working for us at the moment.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #311: Jan 18, 2023 07:13:33 am
      That was an encouraging performance.

We played as a team, pressed better, and defended well save for a couple of great opportunities for Wolves towards the end.

Bajcetic was my MOTM. He gave the ball away a couple of times, but most of the time he looked very assured, turned out of tight areas well, and his energy was good.

I think if we would have had more pace out wide then we would have been able to score another and win more comfortably.

Elliot’s goal was great and he had a very good game. I don’t think he’s a forward player though. I think he’s a #10 who can play wide if needed, but the guy on the other flank needs to be quick and able to break behind if we are to have the correct balance. I’m okay with Elliot playing as an 8 but he needs a Gini type player next to him. He also suits playing wide right in a 442 like he did against City.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #312: Jan 18, 2023 07:44:02 am
      Only seen the second half but seemed Naby had a good game.

Fit and in form still our most best option in midfield for me but those days are too few and far between.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #313: Jan 18, 2023 10:08:40 am
      Bajcetic has to start really. He looks really good and confident.

Our next four home games btw are tasty…

Chelsea
      Madrid
      Everton
      United

And doak is more than capable right now of making an impact in the last 10 minutes of games.

To turn this season around and build in last nights result we need to play the players who are hungry and confident.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #314: Jan 18, 2023 10:25:59 am
      Refreshing to see a team performance last night, solid rather than sweeping.
      Just looking at the league table, I can't remember seeing us almost 20 (Twenty) points behind the leaders for a very, very long time. More hard yards will be needed on Saturday.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #315: Jan 18, 2023 10:27:05 am
      Bajcetic has to start really. He looks really good and confident.

Our next four home games btw are tasty…

Chelsea
      Madrid
      Everton
      United

And doak is more than capable right now of making an impact in the last 10 minutes of games.

To turn this season around and build in last nights result we need to play the players who are hungry and confident.

Will probably rotate him with Fab now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #316: Jan 18, 2023 11:26:00 am
      Deserved victory, decent performance, a cracking goal from Harvey and what's more a clean sheet😊
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #317: Jan 18, 2023 07:38:32 pm
      12:45 kick off for next round game against Brighton
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #318: Jan 18, 2023 08:08:10 pm
      12:45 kick off for next round game against Brighton

Not 1.30 ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #319: Jan 18, 2023 08:15:24 pm

Yeah, ITV wankers showing the start of the programme rather than kick off time. Was having my tea and glanced up.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #320: Jan 18, 2023 08:16:57 pm
      Yeah, ITV wankers showing the start of the programme rather than kick off time. Was having my tea and glanced up.

Wish you were right got a 60th mid afternoon having a right Barney with missus not happy I will follow later  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #321: Jan 18, 2023 08:21:35 pm
      Wish you were right got a 60th mid afternoon having a right Barney with missus not happy I will follow later  :lmao:

Hahaha trying to find the time to explain how you'll turn up after watching the game.

We'll pray for you ;)

Quick Reply