Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      10 (17.5%)
      James Milner
      4 (7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      10 (17.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (17.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (5.3%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      14 (24.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2023 02:25:50 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12146 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Jan 21, 2023 04:19:47 pm
      Would sell either if you got a decent offer?

I would take £70m+ for salah and £25m+ for Fabinho.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #369: Jan 21, 2023 04:22:07 pm
      We played every single game last season. Almost won a quadruple.

Now youse guys are calling 31 year olds 'over the hill'  saying their 'legs have gone' and that we should sell Salah

;D

This is ARSENAL FAN TV level of meltdown.

This isn't Championship manager guys.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #370: Jan 21, 2023 04:22:47 pm
      Would sell either if you got a decent offer?

You're not getting a decent offer, we've priced him out of the market giving him the wage we did in the summer.

Do you see Mo taking a wage cut if we were to sell him?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #371: Jan 21, 2023 04:23:19 pm
      A clean sheet the only real positive to take, from a lacklustre performance. Simply not in the groove this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #372: Jan 21, 2023 04:23:28 pm

Now youse guys are calling 31 year olds 'over the hill'  saying their 'legs have gone' and that we should sell Salah

;D

It's a reaction to a meh F***ing match.

Salah did absolutely F**k all and is earning a King's wage for the F***ing privilege, especially when younger legs like Doak are available.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2023 04:29:42 pm by HUYTON RED »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #373: Jan 21, 2023 04:25:53 pm

;D

The players look like they are struggling in quicksand.
      No spring in their step.
      They are making the opposition, no matter how lousy the opposition are, look like Liverpool in ‘86.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #374: Jan 21, 2023 04:34:02 pm
      The first half was nothing. Worst I've seen since Klopp came here. No press, no invention, nothing. Nobody was picking it up off the back 4, making the play. Thiago misplaced several passes. Bajcetic was busy enough but made no impact otherwise. Keita didn't offer much support to the attack.

Our attack was unbalanced, in that most of it came down our right hand side. Elliott was on our left but just produced very little threat. Gakpo looks limited but the team is struggling so he gets a free pass. Robbo looks uncertain about really supporting the attack, very aware of his side being exposed, so he's a bit tentative.

Mo has lost the plot but he's getting swamped on every attack, but there's little doubt he's lost that bit of zip, buzz..call it what you will, whatever but it's on the wane.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #375: Jan 21, 2023 04:38:22 pm
      Klopp did say back to basics so I guess we have to take the medicine.

We've really stripped it back, need to start adding some blocks to the bare minimum of being compact and hard to beat.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #376: Jan 21, 2023 04:45:50 pm
      Didn't say it before the game but I didn't agree with Trent being left out. Someone said he was carrying a knock but whatever happened I think he isn't that bad a defender that we can afford to do without his passing range.

Going back on an old chestnut but at some stage Klopp has to give Trent 2/3 games in midfield. Has to happen sooner or later as this situation is starting to look pointless. Gomez or Ramsey..Trent...Mo. Strong right sided attack.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #377: Jan 21, 2023 04:48:25 pm
      Klopp did say back to basics so I guess we have to take the medicine.

We've really stripped it back, need to start adding some blocks to the bare minimum of being compact and hard to beat.

But we didn't even do the basics in the first half. Didn't press the play anywhere, just went through the motions in the first half. If they had been a bit more decisive or had a bit better quality, we'd been 2 down at HT.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #378: Jan 21, 2023 05:03:42 pm
      Poor first half. Good start to the second, then went a bit scrappy again, but we were better than them second half and did carry a threat.

Bajcetic showing he can play DM against a top side was the big plus for me. Milner was my MOTM, thought we lost something when he went off, although I understand why he did, on a yellow against Mudryk. Elliot struggled on the left for the first half hour, didn't want to take anybody on, just kept passing back. I thought we started to pick up  from around the half hour mark when he finally had the nerve to carry the ball on the outside. Thiago is a frustrating player - high quality and has more energy right now than Fab or Hendo, but the 2 or 3 times he gives the ball away in our half every game, trying to play an optimistic pass, does my head in. He also lacks end product, for such a skilful player. Still he worked hard enough, and deserves to keep his place ahead of our other senior CMs. I thought Gakpo did ok. Mo continues to be off form, but got livelier in the second half. The defensive duo of Konate and Gomez had a very mixed game. Some good tackles and blocks, but also some poor decision making, and we looked soft in the air.

Overall, disappointing result, but I'm encouraged by the fact Jürgen does seem to be making some changes, especially Bajcetic as DM, and we do look like we are at least trying to address the problems we've had this season. We were more compact as a unit than we have been, and we showed bursts of good pressing, just obviously a bit low on confidence plus missing some players.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #379: Jan 21, 2023 05:25:12 pm
      Lack of confidence lack of commitment a lack of about everything, shoddy compared to last season’s performance. Salah just can’t be arsed, mid table is what we are after the last few performances
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #380: Jan 21, 2023 05:50:51 pm
      You're not getting a decent offer, we've priced him out of the market giving him the wage we did in the summer.

Do you see Mo taking a wage cut if we were to sell him?
      Nah, but there are some bozo teams out there that would pay his wage. RM. PSG. Etc.

I don't want to sell Salah, but I do think he's lost a step. What I want to see is him have a MF that will do the dirty work behind him and enable him to press more. Getting Diaz back will be huge for him too I feel
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #381: Jan 21, 2023 05:54:27 pm
      Stefano Bajcetic handled the midfield well
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #382: Jan 21, 2023 06:01:42 pm
      Stefano Bajcetic handled the midfield well

Played well considering he was walking fine line getting yellow card after two fouls against him, while that Gallagher got away with F***ing loads.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #383: Jan 21, 2023 06:01:52 pm
      Salah is the real problem. We pay him a singularity of money but he's nowhere near effective.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #384: Jan 21, 2023 06:52:21 pm
      Salah is the real problem. We pay him a singularity of money but he's nowhere near effective.

Didn't see the game today as working, but based on previous performances, and the other players Jürgen left on the bench today, thought before the game he was lucky to start.
      Tbh, you could argue, based on form, Doak deserves a start ahead of him.
      And what does that say, that a teenager could easily start and contribute as much, if not more, than our highest paid player.
      Would be a big statement if Jürgen dropped him to the bench, but who could really argue if he did..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #385: Jan 21, 2023 07:24:21 pm
      Well I won't get those two hours back. Like everyone else I had an imaginary contract with Liverpool FC today, I give you 2 hours of my time, and you dish up a game of football, no need for a NDA or suchlike ...just a game of football. Well I lived up to my side of the bargain, but neither Liverpool, or Chelsea honoured their side. That game was nothing, a vacuum, Two sides doing their best impression of a Bournemouth or Everton.
      It was a game so lacking in content it's hard to form an opinion, nothing happened, how can you criticise nothing?
      Well, I'll give it a go. You would be forgiven for wondering how and why footballers are so generously paid. Surely it's not too much to ask for some level of entertainment? Why was it that 27/28 premier league footballers decided to have an aimless kick about? Apart from 10/15 minutes after half time We looked devoid of ideas, no lack of effort, just pointless effort. Visiting keepers have such easy days...Kepa not really tested all afternoon. The new lad looked like he was playing his first game of football ever....and I'm sorry but Mo Salah is plain awful these days...I don't really care about any "Yes but's"...he is miles off the level and effort he is paid for. I have said it before, if you're going to demand the big money then you Have to either create or score goals...HAVE to.
      The Boss say's it was a step forward, and I suppose not getting hammered is a plus....but on the whole ...it was all a bit of a waste of time.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #386: Jan 21, 2023 07:38:40 pm
      Be more positive guys we’re unbeaten in 2

We keep going and praying that the run continues
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #387: Jan 21, 2023 08:03:25 pm
      Well we did not lose against a Chelsea site with still a lot of quality players! Back to basics means first you make sure you keep a clean sheet. 

We should forget the idea that in the next game the switch will be magically flipped and we will play great football again. It is a slow and very painful climb we have to do now…

On to the next one now.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Reply #388: Jan 21, 2023 08:51:00 pm
      We look miles away from what we performed like last season, i.e. ball turnovers counter attacking with speed which ended up with the ball in the opposition's goal.
      Too slow in transition due to lack of young energetic midfielders.
      Love Klopp to bits but i think he's missed a trick not bringing his targets from summer to now wether its down to 1. targets not being available 2. FSG not coughing up{ most likely}.
      Next ten days decides are season imo, no new midfielders we finish minimum 10th maximum 6th.
      bajcetic looks promising up to now, thats a start i suppose ynwa
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #389: Jan 21, 2023 09:37:27 pm
      Looking more like a mid table team atm, please prove me wrong and start winning a few games, to move back up the league table.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #390: Jan 21, 2023 10:21:23 pm

Quick Reply