Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Bought out by sports washing group.

Will you stand by Liverpool if?

Read 12525 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Re: Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Reply #46: Jan 25, 2023 11:42:27 pm
      Would I walk away? Yeah I think I would. But the reality is I feel like I already am walking away and that's everything to do with how I see top flight / Premier League football these days. It's become a circus for infantile apes on twitter/youtube to throw their sh*t at anything and everything they see for likes and views. The very big clubs are being hollowed out from the inside to act as husks for authoritarian / blood soaked regimes looking for a good PR day. But on the flip side the "benign" owners like FSG and Joe Lewis look for the next opportunity to disown history in pursuit of ££££££.   

Other clubs might not feel the contradictions of their situation as sharply these days, especially when half of them are based out on empty industrial estates on the periphery of town. But you look at Anfield, and every match day you see some of the world's best players and sport stars doing their stuff in a great stadium. Filthy rich in their dreams and money. John Henry jets off on his private plane across the Atlantic and the players and manager all head back to their mock mansions in the countryside. And then you come out of the stadium at the surrounding suburb of Anfield and think...can't they do a bit more for the city, for the community?  The stadium gets bigger, the wages get bigger, salaries get bigger, money gets bigger - it's all getting bigger. And yet within a stones throw from Anfield, people's wages are getting smaller, their houses are getting smaller and their chances in life are getting smaller.

It's troubling when you think about it? Liverpool FC, like so many other clubs, was established to sustain, revive and renew communities. That ethos has long gone but for a club like Liverpool FC, so rooted and defined by it's place, surely we can at least try to bring a bit of that back?

Well said mate. I personally wouldn't walk away I don't think but the involvement of rogue states, oligarchs, hedge funds and corporate parasites certainly changes the nature of how I view the game, being so detached now from the lives of ordinary people and local communities to which all clubs owe their existence in the first place.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Jan 25, 2023 11:56:56 pm
      I respectfully disagree. If the club sells its soul and becomes funded by bloodmoney ... its lost its soul. Its lost its integrity and its turned its back on the true values of life and the values this club has always stood for.

So the only question is are you going to stand by the club funded by blood money ... turn a blind eye to atrocities past present and future and go along with it as long as they keep pumping that money in to buy us trophies, bragging rights and shiny new footballers ... or do you go down my road and accept that it won't be the same club. We'd be like city ... sold our soul to be used as a sportswashing tool.

We're in the position we are in because we haven't done what we should of done.

The likes of Jones keita chamberlain should have been shipped out long ago and the money used to bring in quality.

Thiago was a big mistake ... ageing , injury prone and doesn't suit our style of play.

Wijnaldum should have been given a new deal ... too good to let go. He's never been replaced.

We spent 65m plus on a striker when we needed midfielders. We let taki go ... how we could have done with him this season.

We've made big mistakes ... we've sat on our hands and allowed this to happen ... buying one midfielder in the best part of 5 years. And he didn't suit the style that made us great.

None of these failures has anything to do with dirty oil money. If we'd have done what we should have done and rebuilt from a position of strength, as all great teams do then nobody would even be suggesting it. But we sat on our hands.

I said last July and was strongly criticised for it that going into the new season. With 4 injury prone midfielders , a 37 year old, an ageing captain who is losing his intensity and a couple of kids was negligence and so it's been proved. We've got the poorest quality midfield in the league.

People have hidden and people still hide behind this almost 4 trophies blah blah blah ... the cracks were there ... we just kept using filler on them.

Forget oil money ... we've made glaring mistakes ... plain and simple and we are paying a very heavy price now.

Not sure I’ve read this much sh*te since that Cnut McKenzie printed those lies,

I respectfully disagree with most of the above, albeit it’s blatantly obvious we have been seriously under funded for getting on for 5 of Jurgens seven yrs, in that time we have not only kept up with the Jones’s but have matched them and on occasion been better,
      It’s no secret that the under funding has left us in this position and blame for that should never be laid at Jürgen’s door, he has in fact performed miracles with what he has had to work with, in particular the last couple of seasons,

FSG are to blame in all of this because of their mantra of only spending what we generate, now that was fine to a point about 7 years ago, but certainly not now, nor going forward, fact is their in essence about 2/3 years too late,

Many are saying Klopp is too loyal, well, there’s a reason for that too, I refer to the same reason above, lack of funding,

Would I walk away, NO WOULD I F**k !!

I love this club more than anything else on this rock we all stand on, aside from the bin lids, and I personally don’t give a rats arse who owns us or bank rolls us, just so long as we can be competitive in every competition we’re involved in,

Now before all the f***in woke lot measure their hard ons by telling us we’re selling our souls to the devil, take a look at what we have achieved as a club the last 131 years,… does that smell of plastic to you ?

So you can F**k off with that sh*te, without stating the obvious, We Already have a History of Successes and don’t need to f***in buy them, only those who have no history buy theirs, Ourselves and that f***in scummy bunch of f***in inbreds down the Shitty end of the east lancs rd can hold our heads high, albeit the inbreds have in recent times have been no better than the plastics,

At the end of the day, the match going fans won’t give a shiny sh*te who funds us, so long as they do, all they want is what we all want and that is our club, our institution to be dining at the top most table all across Europe even the f***in World,

Isn’t that what we all want ? If not well it f***in should be, and if you don’t then keep f***in walking then , it’s that simple !!

Yes Shanks may turn in his grave, perhaps Bob too, but like everything else in life things change , and so must we, it’s got F**k all to do with morality, or human rights or any of that sh*t, that’s for MP’s to w*nk over, and certainly not a Sports facility that strives to be the best it can possibly be!!

Look at us now after last season’s final hurrah for this team, we’re a few points off having to cope with mid table mediocrity, and if the under funding continues where will we end up ?
      Perhaps not as doomed as Blueshite are but , imagine where we’d be if we had the money those Cnuts have wasted the last 5 years??

It’s not ideal, of course it isn’t, but like it or loathe it if it brings titles & tin who the F**k cares ??

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #48: Jan 26, 2023 12:09:31 am
      So what happens if and when the Gulf States buy up ALL the Premier league clubs? Answer: Back at where we started.

When the really big, unlimited access to funds money bought a football club (Chelsea)..It didn't take long for sustained success to follow. They were an outlier, it was nye on impossible for the other clubs to compete for players, or managers....more or less a monopoly. Then, City followed, with unlimited funds came the same result: sustained success. And now Newcastle, again with access to unlimited funds, and again we can see their rapid turn around, with the high number of expensive players recruited. The model works....for now, because the other clubs can't compete for players. And so now some argue that Liverpool should jump into this cesspit, for fear of being left behind. Let's say that happens, and we then have unlimited wealth to compete for the World's top players....We join City, Newcastle, Chelsea etc....but then what? Everton get bought, Villa, Utd, The whole lot gets bought up by the Gulf States, not everyone can win the league and that direct route to success will have gone, it's a level playing field again. But what is that sport? Do we really need to see players on £4M a week?...Remember with these Gulf States ownership has nothing to do with our domestic game. It needs to be seen and called out for what it is, a manipulative attempt to redirect attention from their medieval backward societies, and instead hijack our proud and diverse history, our cultural Jewells, and then they'll brazenly ask us to thank them for their generosity.
      I don't think it's hard to say we don't want you here, we're better people than you. But if and when you come to understand that ALL people are of value then come back and we'll listen, in a mannered and respectful way of what you have to say.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #49: Jan 26, 2023 08:10:46 am

Not sure I’ve read this much Sh*te since that Cnut McKenzie printed those lies,

I respectfully disagree with most of the above, albeit it’s blatantly obvious we have been seriously under funded for getting on for 5 of Jurgens seven yrs, in that time we have not only kept up with the Jones’s but have matched them and on occasion been better,
      It’s no secret that the under funding has left us in this position and blame for that should never be laid at Jürgen’s door, he has in fact performed miracles with what he has had to work with, in particular the last couple of seasons,

FSG are to blame in all of this because of their mantra of only spending what we generate, now that was fine to a point about 7 years ago, but certainly not now, nor going forward, fact is their in essence about 2/3 years too late,

Many are saying Klopp is too loyal, well, there’s a reason for that too, I refer to the same reason above, lack of funding,

Would I walk away, NO WOULD I F**k !!

I love this club more than anything else on this rock we all stand on, aside from the bin lids, and I personally don’t give a rats arse who owns us or bank rolls us, just so long as we can be competitive in every competition we’re involved in,

Now before all the f***in woke lot measure their hard ons by telling us we’re selling our souls to the devil, take a look at what we have achieved as a club the last 131 years,… does that smell of plastic to you ?

So you can f**k off with that Sh*te, without stating the obvious, We Already have a History of Successes and don’t need to f***in buy them, only those who have no history buy theirs, Ourselves and that f***in scummy bunch of f***in inbreds down the Shitty end of the east lancs rd can hold our heads high, albeit the inbreds have in recent times have been no better than the plastics,

At the end of the day, the match going fans won’t give a shiny Sh*te who funds us, so long as they do, all they want is what we all want and that is our club, our institution to be dining at the top most table all across Europe even the f***in World,

Isn’t that what we all want ? If not well it F**kin should be, and if you don’t then keep f***in walking then , it’s that simple !!

Yes Shanks may turn in his grave, perhaps Bob too, but like everything else in life things change , and so must we, it’s got f**k all to do with morality, or human rights or any of that sh*t, that’s for MP’s to w*nk over, and certainly not a Sports facility that strives to be the best it can possibly be!!

Look at us now after last season’s final hurrah for this team, we’re a few points off having to cope with mid table mediocrity, and if the under funding continues where will we end up ?
      Perhaps not as doomed as Blueshite are but , imagine where we’d be if we had the money those Cnuts have wasted the last 5 years??

It’s not ideal, of course it isn’t, but like it or loathe it if it brings titles & tin who the f**k cares ??

Y  N  W  A

A lot of people will care. If you don’t care how we win then that’s fine. But a lot of people do. I hate Man City, not because of what they have won, but because of what they represent.
      My dislike for Man Utd is because of a proper sporting rivalry. It’s different.

And of course our history will always be there but if you are happy with our future consisting of buying success then you may as well rip up the Shankly Gates and the statues that remind us of how we have got to where we are and the fanstastic journey along the way and instead replace them with monuments of the unethical families that will own us.

The two eras will be so different id rather any state owners simply purchased our club, dissolved it, knocked down anfield and built a new stadium with a new club name like Liverpool Rovers.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #50: Jan 26, 2023 08:19:43 am
      Sorry guys, but I will be super happy seeing Klopp given blank cheques. Atrocities will continue to occur irrespective if they buy us or not.

In today's culture, values have been washed away many years ago. Do not play it as if you're a virgin.

Middle East countries rule with their Islamic ideas and what is the difference between them and American owners where their economy is funded by wars or weapons.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #51: Jan 26, 2023 08:46:59 am
      I'm actually happy for Newcastle and the respectable way they've gone about their business compared to Chelsea when Abramovic arrived or City more recently.  How many hundreds of millions (maybe even billions) were wasted on players like Asier Del Horno, Mutu, Veron, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz, Bony, Mangala, etc.  Newcastle have been more intelligent,  measured, and sensible with their approach and kudos to them for it. 

TBF I think a lot of credit must goto the manager, other clubs have chucked money at it and failed. they seem to have got a good balance so far.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Jan 26, 2023 08:48:13 am
      Agree the club is about the supporter, without the vast support of the fans, paying to watch the team, buying merchandise etc, there would be no club. Once a fan always a fan regardless of the owners, is my own view.

this. spot on. Owner's & Player's come and go. Fans stay.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #53: Jan 26, 2023 08:51:05 am
      Would I walk away? Yeah I think I would. But the reality is I feel like I already am walking away and that's everything to do with how I see top flight / Premier League football these days. It's become a circus for infantile apes on twitter/youtube to throw their sh*t at anything and everything they see for likes and views. The very big clubs are being hollowed out from the inside to act as husks for authoritarian / blood soaked regimes looking for a good PR day. But on the flip side the "benign" owners like FSG and Joe Lewis look for the next opportunity to disown history in pursuit of ££££££.   

Other clubs might not feel the contradictions of their situation as sharply these days, especially when half of them are based out on empty industrial estates on the periphery of town. But you look at Anfield, and every match day you see some of the world's best players and sport stars doing their stuff in a great stadium. Filthy rich in their dreams and money. John Henry jets off on his private plane across the Atlantic and the players and manager all head back to their mock mansions in the countryside. And then you come out of the stadium at the surrounding suburb of Anfield and think...can't they do a bit more for the city, for the community?  The stadium gets bigger, the wages get bigger, salaries get bigger, money gets bigger - it's all getting bigger. And yet within a stones throw from Anfield, people's wages are getting smaller, their houses are getting smaller and their chances in life are getting smaller.

It's troubling when you think about it? Liverpool FC, like so many other clubs, was established to sustain, revive and renew communities. That ethos has long gone but for a club like Liverpool FC, so rooted and defined by it's place, surely we can at least try to bring a bit of that back?

Good points made tbf.

Describes the modern world, rich getting richer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #54: Jan 26, 2023 09:13:51 am
      A lot of people will care. If you don’t care how we win then that’s fine. But a lot of people do. I hate Man City, not because of what they have won, but because of what they represent.
      My dislike for Man Utd is because of a proper sporting rivalry. It’s different.

And of course our history will always be there but if you are happy with our future consisting of buying success then you may as well rip up the Shankly Gates and the statues that remind us of how we have got to where we are and the fanstastic journey along the way and instead replace them with monuments of the unethical families that will own us.

The two eras will be so different id rather any state owners simply purchased our club, dissolved it, knocked down anfield and built a new stadium with a new club name like Liverpool Rovers.

My Dear Uncle Bob,
      of course people will care, that’s only natural, and I like that they care, but where I differ from them is attempting to keep politics out of the sport I love, your absolutely right in your assessment of Citeh & Utd, I’m the same, however, I would seriously doubt that Jürgen would just spend willy nilly for the sake of it,

That’s for the likes of cheque book managers such as Pep G, Maureen etc,
      We’ve seen the likes of that silly tw*t Grealish been flogged for a £100M to warm Citeh’s bench for the most part, the rest of the time he spends with his arse in the grass, Kalvin Phillips another wasted talent who pimped himself for a few million more, that’s not only buying success, that’s buying players who may have been a threat to their success had they signed for rival clubs,

Can you see Jürgen doing that ?  NO, would he F**k, but what would happen is, Jürgen would have the resources to buy who the F**k he wants at any given time, and not just buy for the sake of it , not just buy because it’s there, the financial freedom that allows the likes of Citeh, Chavs, PSG, and soon the Toon, to buy their history and the titles and tin, all in the same shopping trolley,

I imagine the first maybe two /three windows we’d be busy, but once all the component parts have been gotten, that would be it, until Jürgen feels he’d need to buy again, or if some wonder kid emerges t for future years.

You can’t change history, it’s there for all to see, and what you will see is a trophy cabinet full of our successes down the 131 years of our existence, 131 years of Sheer hard graft & determination from Boardroom members to the wonderful tea ladies who have adorned our fantastic institution and family, how can you buy something you already have ?

We’re the most successful Football Club in English football history, end f***in of !!! and no matter how many millions, billions or zillions you spend buying your success, that will never be surpassed.

I dunno, but I’m betting those who seem to care perhaps more than others, will still be leaping off their sofas when we win No’s 20, 21, 22 etc & No’s 7,8, 9, but if they are true to their own words & volition you might just find them crying into their caramel lattes somewhere in never never win land !!

Y  N  W  A

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #55: Jan 26, 2023 09:19:44 am
      What happens if no sport washing state comes in for us. Does this just become irrelevant and we go back to calling mancs cash grabbing wankers?

Asking for a friend!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Jan 26, 2023 09:39:48 am
      But what you are saying is ‘it doesn’t matter how I compete as long as I compete.’

You can cheat with money or drugs or even bribe a referee. Sporting merit is based on a level playing field. Naturally some clubs will have more revenue than others but when your club has unlimited resources it’s no longer a sport. It’s like playing Football Manager and editing your bank account and player stats.

Certainly nothing to be proud of or sing songs about.

Your right Bob it’s certainly nothing to be proud of but that’s how our sport is progressing. VAR killing it and so are the sports washing organisation’s. I don’t see a way round it I really don’t. Personally I’d like nothing to change but you’ll only fall behind unless you follow what’s now becoming the norm.

United and Liverpool can be proud of what they have accomplished over the years as being the best two teams in English football but if they don’t follow suit we become nothing. If there’s a way round it please tell us?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #57: Jan 26, 2023 09:48:27 am
      What happens if no sport washing state comes in for us. Does this just become irrelevant and we go back to calling mancs cash grabbing wankers?

Asking for a friend!!

The reality is we may end up with investors from multiple sources.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: Jan 26, 2023 09:49:50 am
      Your right Bob it’s certainly nothing to be proud of but that’s how our sport is progressing. VAR killing it and so are the sports washing organisation’s. I don’t see a way round it I really don’t. Personally I’d like nothing to change but you’ll only fall behind unless you follow what’s now becoming the norm.

United and Liverpool can be proud of what they have accomplished over the years as being the best two teams in English football but if they don’t follow suit we become nothing. If there’s a way round it please tell us?

one way round the sporting fairness element would be wage and transfer caps. but cant see that happening anytime soon. EPL is too big a financial monster now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Jan 26, 2023 09:54:22 am

Nothing unusual with this post, stinks of legendary remarks/opinions that we all love about you Frankly. Still the best poster on this forum for me and your remarks confirm it time after time.

Reading  it brought many memories on how life use to be before mobile fones/social media  and the rest of the sh!te that has changed over the last 10/20 years.

God I’d love to go back in the 70/80s and your post gave me that for a few mins thank you so much. I’ve meet up with a few lads on here now and had great banter/conversations with them. Hopefully I can add you to that list sometime in the future along with that kunt HR.   ;D

Can listen to you all day mate no matter what thread you post on, all balanced / common sense, not bad for a scouser that laa   :D

Sadly I can’t  see a way round your last paragraph and bring something back, I only wish we could.  :'(
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #60: Jan 26, 2023 09:54:42 am

My Dear Uncle Bob,
      of course people will care, that’s only natural, and I like that they care, but where I differ from them is attempting to keep politics out of the sport I love, your absolutely right in your assessment of Citeh & Utd, I’m the same, however, I would seriously doubt that Jürgen would just spend willy nilly for the sake of it,

That’s for the likes of cheque book managers such as Pep G, Maureen etc,
      We’ve seen the likes of that silly T**t Grealish been flogged for a £100M to warm Citeh’s bench for the most part, the rest of the time he spends with his arse in the grass, Kalvin Phillips another wasted talent who pimped himself for a few million more, that’s not only buying success, that’s buying players who may have been a threat to their success had they signed for rival clubs,

Can you see Jürgen doing that ?  NO, would he f**k, but what would happen is, Jürgen would have the resources to buy who the f**k he wants at any given time, and not just buy for the sake of it , not just buy because it’s there, the financial freedom that allows the likes of Citeh, Chavs, PSG, and soon the Toon, to buy their history and the titles and tin, all in the same shopping trolley,

I imagine the first maybe two /three windows we’d be busy, but once all the component parts have been gotten, that would be it, until Jürgen feels he’d need to buy again, or if some wonder kid emerges t for future years.

You can’t change history, it’s there for all to see, and what you will see is a trophy cabinet full of our successes down the 131 years of our existence, 131 years of Sheer hard graft & determination from Boardroom members to the wonderful tea ladies who have adorned our fantastic institution and family, how can you buy something you already have ?

We’re the most successful Football Club in English football history, end f***in of !!! and no matter how many millions, billions or zillions you spend buying your success, that will never be surpassed.

I dunno, but I’m betting those who seem to care perhaps more than others, will still be leaping off their sofas when we win No’s 20, 21, 22 etc & No’s 7,8, 9, but if they are true to their own words & volition you might just find them crying into their caramel lattes somewhere in never never win land !!

Y  N  W  A

If, and it’s a big ‘if’, the new owners allow Klopp to spend big for 3 windows and then treat it like a proper footballing business then ok, fair enough.

But if we do a city and buy £100m bench warmers or do a Chelsea and just sign thousands of strikers then that’s a different ball game.

You may well cheer when we win 20, 21, 22 etc….
      But it won’t compare to 19 when we actually pipped the  blue oil monster and ended our long wait. And we didn’t defeat them because we were a red oil monster, we defeated them because we put the effort in and had a great coach.

For me, the fact that pretty much every supporter across the land got together in disgust of the ‘super league’ idea because it would mean only the selected few could compete and that the same selected few would gain an advantage and tradition would be blown out of the water etc….shows that fans were against the greed of the nature of the proposal.

Yet now we want oil money, no matter how unethical, so we can compete with other unethical clubs.

We should have just joined the super league.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #61: Jan 26, 2023 10:00:00 am

The only way around it is if the football authorities do something about it.
      In society you don’t look at people being dishonest and think “oh, I’ll do the same! It works for him!”
      You do what you think is right. You stand by your morals. Your beliefs. You protest. You call the authorities. You demand change. You don’t just join the scum bags because you think they are getting an easy ride.

Like I keep saying, if we wanted an elite league where money is king we should have joined the super league.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #62: Jan 26, 2023 10:11:30 am
      I think you have to remember that with almost all mega rich groups of people, they’ve done something terrible to get there. No owner of any premier league club has clean hands.

Obviously some worse than others and it would tarnish my connection with the club knowing who owned us… but like someone said before, if it’s 2-2 at 90 mins and one team gets a pen, you best know I’m screaming, in either terrible or great emotion.

The clubs fused into my being now, and nothings gonna be able to completely take that away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #63: Jan 26, 2023 10:11:36 am
      Nothing unusual with this post, stinks of legendary remarks/opinions that we all love about you Frankly. Still the best poster on this forum for me and your remarks confirm it time after time.

Reading  it brought many memories on how life use to be before mobile fones/social media  and the rest of the sh!te that has changed over the last 10/20 years.

God I’d love to go back in the 70/80s and your post gave me that for a few mins thank you so much. I’ve meet up with a few lads on here now and had great banter/conversations with them. Hopefully I can add you to that list sometime in the future along with that kunt HR.   ;D

Can listen to you all day mate no matter what thread you post on, all balanced / common sense, not bad for a scouser that laa   :D

Sadly I can’t  see a way round your last paragraph and bring something back, I only wish we could.  :'(

Yep it's the post of the thread for me.

I've discussed this issue before with FMS on here and I'm the same. I'm still into football and the club and always will be to some degree but football for me now just isn't what it was and never will be.

And it's everything, the excess money, players cheating, soulless stadiums, 24 sports news etc etc etc.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #64: Jan 26, 2023 10:12:02 am
      Sign of the times in reality, money rules, things never seem to change for the better. I will always follow LFC, no matter the outcome of who takes over, the club and it's finances.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Jan 26, 2023 10:21:37 am

Asking for a friend!!

Asking for a friend  :lmao: You do have a way with words Pete, bit like Billythecnut  :lmao:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Jan 26, 2023 10:23:19 am
      one way round the sporting fairness element would be wage and transfer caps. but cant see that happening anytime soon. EPL is too big a financial monster now.

I’ve said same thing in the passed Brez, your right! Isn’t happening.  :-\
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #67: Jan 26, 2023 11:44:21 am
      Sorry guys, but I will be super happy seeing Klopp given blank cheques. Atrocities will continue to occur irrespective if they buy us or not.

In today's culture, values have been washed away many years ago. Do not play it as if you're a virgin.

Middle East countries rule with their Islamic ideas and what is the difference between them and American owners where their economy is funded by wars or weapons.
      Atrocities will continue, but that doesn't mean Our football club has to align itself with States that actively do that stuff as part of their outdated and backward policies...LFC becoming a De facto sponsor of intolerance...The very opposite of what we stand for.
      Values haven't been washed away years ago.
      Also, It is not an Islamic idea, or tradition to execute journalists/academics whose crime was to highlight injustice. The comment about US funding by War is, with respect nonsense.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #68: Jan 26, 2023 11:55:53 am
      I think you have to remember that with almost all mega rich groups of people, they’ve done something terrible to get there. No owner of any premier league club has clean hands.

Obviously some worse than others and it would tarnish my connection with the club knowing who owned us… but like someone said before, if it’s 2-2 at 90 mins and one team gets a pen, you best know I’m screaming, in either terrible or great emotion.

The clubs fused into my being now, and nothings gonna be able to completely take that away.

Simply not true my friend...Bernard Arnault, as of Today the richest man in the World. As far as I can see not a hint of impropriety in his background. Even Elon Musk, for all his weirdness has amassed his fortune without any notable corruption.

Quick Reply