Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Bought out by sports washing group.

Will you stand by Liverpool if?

Read 12003 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Re: Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Reply #92: Jan 26, 2023 09:16:54 pm
      It's a bit much in one sense us looking down on Newcastle or taking the high moral ground. We have 'never' had to experience years of being in the doldrums. Decades of winning sod all. Fans sticking by their team through thin and thin.

Fans are no different from 'civilians' in that none of us are really 'clean'. How many of us spend any time checking the morality, the source of any service or product. Globalisation of trade is a reality. Would could be open to the charge of hypocrisy if we start getting all self righteous or precious over who owns the club.

But we could claim the support we give is slightly different from buying a frying pan or a car or whatever. It's much more personal obviously, more emotional. But I suspect 99% or so would bite the bullet. We have very little say in it anyway.

n.b. 'civilians' = non football fans...usually pen pushers..
      You can't equate Gulf State ownership of LFC with buying a pair of jeans made in China...The jeans are not endorsed by the State.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #93: Jan 26, 2023 09:31:05 pm
      You can't equate Gulf State ownership of LFC with buying a pair of jeans made in China...The jeans are not endorsed by the State.

Wasn't really making that comparison and I did point out our support is on another level.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #94: Jan 26, 2023 09:41:41 pm
      I am not anti-FSG. Just pro-MiddleEastern.

So anti-American? Again which seems to be half the stupid F***ing argument on twitter. Which no proper fan really wants to get dragged into!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #95: Jan 26, 2023 09:42:43 pm
      Will people also F**k off making out Newcastle fans are that F***ing great.

As soon as they concede a corner they want the manager sacked. That's not sticking with your team. They're a F***ing joke of a club and always have been. There's a reason they're known as the cartoon army. Look how they treated "one of their own" in Steve Bruce before he'd even had the chance to F**k them up. Couple of bad results and failure to win the League Cup will see Eddie Howe getting the same sort of treatment from those "great" fans.

And then they'll all be back outside singing "there's only Kevin Keegan" again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #96: Jan 26, 2023 09:45:26 pm
      Will people also F**k off making out Newcastle fans are that F***ing great.

As soon as they concede a corner they want the manager sacked. That's not sticking with your team. They're a F***ing joke of a club and always have been. There's a reason they're known as the cartoon army. Look how they treated "one of their own" in Steve Bruce before he'd even had the chance to F**k them up. Couple of bad results and failure to win the League Cup will see Eddie Howe getting the same sort of treatment from those "great" fans.

Remember when the dickheads massed round St James' Park to bi*ch at Keegan when he sold Andy Cole!! :laugh:

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #97: Jan 26, 2023 09:55:21 pm
      Wasn't really making that comparison and I did point out our support is on another level.
      Fair enough
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #98: Jan 26, 2023 09:55:50 pm
      Remember when the dickheads massed round St James' Park to bi*ch at Keegan when he sold Andy Cole!! :laugh:

If I remember right, Alistair McGowan done a skit of that doing the Life Of Brian scene with him saying "I'm not the Messiah". (could have that completely arse above tit though)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #99: Jan 26, 2023 09:57:09 pm
      No supporter wants to say they won't stand by their club.

Over 20% disagree with you, everyone has a opinion along with their own morals why. It’s very hard to justify anyone wrong with how they see the club going forward.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #100: Jan 26, 2023 10:14:29 pm
      Over 20% disagree with you, everyone has a opinion along with their own morals why. It’s very hard to justify anyone wrong with how they see the club going forward.
      No supporter wants to find themselves in a position having to answer that....For many it's an unbreakable bond, others may find it unacceptable and walk away. Until if and when it happens it's too hard to know.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #101: Jan 26, 2023 10:34:53 pm
      Will people also f**k off making out Newcastle fans are that f**king great.

As soon as they concede a corner they want the manager sacked. That's not sticking with your team. They're a f**king joke of a club and always have been. There's a reason they're known as the cartoon army. Look how they treated "one of their own" in Steve Bruce before he'd even had the chance to f**k them up. Couple of bad results and failure to win the League Cup will see Eddie Howe getting the same sort of treatment from those "great" fans.

Well I wasn't praising Newcastle fans, I was saying they're in a different situation than us. Indeed Chelsea and City had won very little over the years. Getting the investment in was like winning the lottery for these teams.

The 'sportswashing' agenda should be slightly above club rivalries. That's football related - this 'sportswashing' issue is an issue of principle that affects all fans and even outside the game. The whole concept of 'sportswashing is about net reputational gain.

It is an attempt to add ligitimacy to their wrongdoing. The buck stops with the Premier League. It is a private company wholly owned by the 20 clubs. They should be setting the bar far higher in relation to ownership. But that horse has bolted. The highest bidder wins the day whether we like it or not.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #102: Jan 26, 2023 10:37:32 pm
      No supporter wants to find themselves in a position having to answer that....For many it's an unbreakable bond, others may find it unacceptable and walk away. Until if and when it happens it's too hard to know.

Absolutely agree  with you but highly probable, its just a matter of time before another PL club it took over by them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #103: Jan 26, 2023 10:39:46 pm
      F**k of ya dumbasss Manc c**t  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What the F**k you reckon, ya dumb c**t?   :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #104: Jan 26, 2023 11:15:21 pm
      What can the fans, our fans do to stop the takeover by a state exploiting sport for their own agenda. Demo's, protest, banners objecting to the likes of QSI or Dubai / UAE related financial organisations fronting Oil states.

How much noise would deter them?

Probably just go up the road to OT or to Spurs. Probably don't really care who they buy. Yes whoever they buy have to win or be near the top to get their message across. To launder their reputation. Dirt goes in - emerges clean or cleaner. We have to throw enough sh*t to render the process a failure. Not an easy task M'lud.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2023 11:21:23 pm by Harrisimo »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #105: Jan 26, 2023 11:46:25 pm
      What can the fans, our fans do to stop the takeover by a state exploiting sport for their own agenda. Demo's, protest, banners objecting to the likes of QSI or Dubai / UAE related financial organisations fronting Oil states.

Probably just go up the road to OT or to Spurs. Probably don't really care who they buy. Yes whoever they buy have to win or be near the top to get their message across. To launder their reputation. Dirt goes in - emerges clean or cleaner. We have to throw enough sh*t to render the process a failure. Not an easy task M'lud.

They don't even have to move out of the City. Everton fans are begging for them to snub us and buy them instead. They want to replicate the City situation in Manchester so bad and how they closed out on United so fast.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #106: Jan 26, 2023 11:54:13 pm

A big club has to be brave enough to say no thank you to the bone saw murderers shilling. No amount of money is enough for us to turn a blind eye to their chilling record of execution. We are civilised and fair, and there is another honourable route to glory....we're already on it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #107: Jan 27, 2023 12:12:50 am
      A big club has to be brave enough to say no thank you to the bone saw murderers shilling. No amount of money is enough for us to turn a blind eye to their chilling record of execution. We are civilised and fair, and there is another honourable route to glory....we're already on it.

Fine words Sir but they won't fill FSG's wallet. I will concede that there might be a tiny slither of moral responsibility within the FSG psyche, but it will be corrupted by their greed, their overwhelming lust for the loot. We are on offer..etc etc..

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #108: Jan 27, 2023 12:44:55 am
      I walk away if they rename Anfield or the club (FC Liverpool AmazonPrime). I also walk away if I sense the purpose of the club is not to win silverware anymore but only to generate profit. I will also walk away as soon as there is some realistic football simulation where I can enjoy my version of football. I am sick & tired to see what football has become: players are mercenaries who behave like thugs on the field and clubs have become entertainment machines to make money over anything. 30-50 years ago it was no different but it was presented more subtle. Pre-1945 was probably what I‘d consider true football.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #109: Jan 27, 2023 01:08:08 am
      I walk away if they rename Anfield or the club (FC Liverpool AmazonPrime). I also walk away if I sense the purpose of the club is not to win silverware anymore but only to generate profit. I will also walk away as soon as there is some realistic football simulation where I can enjoy my version of football. I am sick & tired to see what football has become: players are mercenaries who behave like thugs on the field and clubs have become entertainment machines to make money over anything. 30-50 years ago it was no different but it was presented more subtle. Pre-1945 was probably what I‘d consider true football.

Did you go the game a lot pre-1945?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #110: Jan 27, 2023 08:50:57 am

Yeah but the owners aren't if they're willing to sell and if they do, there will be F**k all the fans can do.

The irony will be some fans protesting not wanting to sell, while the anti-fsg lot will be protesting from their bedrooms at them  to sell!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #111: Jan 27, 2023 09:14:36 am
      F**k of ya dumbasss Manc C**t  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What the f**k you reckon, ya dumb C**t?   :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Reported. that type of language will not be tolerated on these boards.. incoming ban...  :P
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #112: Jan 27, 2023 09:19:05 am

No club big enough.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #113: Jan 27, 2023 10:11:20 am
      Deluded
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #114: Jan 27, 2023 10:13:36 am
      They're all big enough....but brave enough????

Quick Reply