Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Bought out by sports washing group.

Will you stand by Liverpool if?

Read 12002 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Jan 25, 2023 11:12:09 am
      Much as I certainly would like it I’d still stand by my club. Isn’t that the meaning of YNWA or am I missing something?

We only have to look at the likes of City & Newcastle to now know your reputation becomes tarnished if this happens to your club. Is it a sacrifice your prepared to take to hopefully bring success back to the club?

Do you walk away from football for good? It’s not something that I’m capable of doing so as a fan I have to take it given we don’t really have a choice, we simply make up the numbers for the corporates. In their words it will be like it, or lump it.

Are you going to walk alone?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2023 12:03:40 pm
      Maybe more important than ever to stand by your club and remind everyone of the club\supporter's values.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2023 02:12:17 pm
      Maybe more important than ever to stand by your club and remind everyone of the club\supporter's values.

I respectfully disagree. If the club sells its soul and becomes funded by bloodmoney ... its lost its soul. Its lost its integrity and its turned its back on the true values of life and the values this club has always stood for.

So the only question is are you going to stand by the club funded by blood money ... turn a blind eye to atrocities past present and future and go along with it as long as they keep pumping that money in to buy us trophies, bragging rights and shiny new footballers ... or do you go down my road and accept that it won't be the same club. We'd be like city ... sold our soul to be used as a sportswashing tool.

We're in the position we are in because we haven't done what we should of done.

The likes of Jones keita chamberlain should have been shipped out long ago and the money used to bring in quality.

Thiago was a big mistake ... ageing , injury prone and doesn't suit our style of play.

Wijnaldum should have been given a new deal ... too good to let go. He's never been replaced.

We spent 65m plus on a striker when we needed midfielders. We let taki go ... how we could have done with him this season.

We've made big mistakes ... we've sat on our hands and allowed this to happen ... buying one midfielder in the best part of 5 years. And he didn't suit the style that made us great.

None of these failures has anything to do with dirty oil money. If we'd have done what we should have done and rebuilt from a position of strength, as all great teams do then nobody would even be suggesting it. But we sat on our hands.

I said last July and was strongly criticised for it that going into the new season. With 4 injury prone midfielders , a 37 year old, an ageing captain who is losing his intensity and a couple of kids was negligence and so it's been proved. We've got the poorest quality midfield in the league.

People have hidden and people still hide behind this almost 4 trophies blah blah blah ... the cracks were there ... we just kept using filler on them.

Forget oil money ... we've made glaring mistakes ... plain and simple and we are paying a very heavy price now.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2023 02:24:44 pm
       :champ: Y E S  :ernaehrung004:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2023 02:24:47 pm
      I dont think the clubs values are at one with any Billionaire.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2023 02:27:23 pm
      I will personally lose some level of interest in the club if we become another City/PSG. I much prefer to "build" a winning team over just "buying" one every summer.

Would also be interesting to see the gymnastics some people here would have to do after demonizing City, PSG, Newcastle and Chelsea if we became exactly like them. Would also look forward to reading the excuses when we spend hundreds of millions in a summer and miss out on league and/or CL. Right now every time a player makes a mistake is because of investment, but that excuse would go away.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2023 02:32:20 pm
      I respectfully disagree. If the club sells its soul and becomes funded by bloodmoney ... its lost its soul. Its lost its integrity and its turned its back on the true values of life and the values this club has always stood for.

The supporters are the soul of the club. not the owners.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2023 02:37:39 pm
      I think a few things are pretty certain. We won’t defect clubs. We will still support the team whenever they play.

Given these extreme boundaries, the question would be how much passion and commitment will we put in when supporting the club.

Minimally, I believe there’d be those who’d look out for the scores from afar, to those who’d appear at every game, mop up all the merchandise and support their local pay tv operators.

Once a red, always a red. Just different levels of support I believe. We do really have to give credit to those on this board who are miles away, from all over the word supporting the club. I don’t think it’s easy to be physically far away, but their effort to keep staying in touch at least for now, cannot be underestimated.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #8: Jan 25, 2023 02:44:58 pm
      We spent 65m plus on a striker when we needed midfielders. We let taki go ... how we could have done with him this season.

Not sure if you mean Nunez or Gakpo here mate but we needed both, whether people like it or not. As you've said, we let Taki go in the summer along with Origi and Mane. They needed replacing because if we'd gone into the season with just Salah/Jota/Diaz/Firmino as first team forwards then the conversations we're having about the midfield, we'd be having about the front three instead especially with the complete drop of form from Bobby. So bringing in Nunez (or at least a centre forward of sort) was needed.

And then Gakpo was required because of the long term injuries of Diaz and Jota.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #9: Jan 25, 2023 02:50:16 pm
      Amazing how a United fan dominates this LFC message board.
      Cucks !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Jan 25, 2023 03:00:35 pm
      Cucks !

If you've nothing to say about the subject just fook off   and stop spoiling a perfectly good thread about going forward. . :tosser:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jan 25, 2023 03:06:32 pm
      Much as I certainly would like it I’d still stand by my club. Isn’t that the meaning of YNWA or am I missing something?

We only have to look at the likes of City & Newcastle to now know your reputation becomes tarnished if this happens to your club. Is it a sacrifice your prepared to take to hopefully bring success back to the club?

Do you walk away from football for good? It’s not something that I’m capable of doing so as a fan I have to take it given we don’t really have a choice, we simply make up the numbers for the corporates. In their words it will be like it, or lump it.

This type of question was relevant 25 years ago but the 'probity' horse bolted years ago.Football sold it's soul to the money god a long long time ago.

Goes without saying that the fans will stick by the club. Our integrity and principles in relation to our support are not for sale.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2023 03:33:18 pm
      Yes. I stood by and supported the club during our dark days, the days of watching people like Charlie Adams, Downing, Poulsen, Benteke play for the club and I didn't ditch the club. If you stop supporting the club because we have owners that you disagree with, then you are not a real fan.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2023 03:35:51 pm
      Cucks !

Can’t stand his nonsense
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2023 04:45:05 pm

The whole sport has been tarnished by the commercial side -- insane amounts of TV money, ticket price increases, ridiculous transfer spending and player wage demands, etc.  Gone are the days of players like Stevie G or Totti wanting to stay and play with the club of their youth.  I've already accepted it for what it is now, so to me this would have little impact.  I wish it never got like this, but its too far gone now -- the ship has sailed....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Jan 25, 2023 04:54:22 pm

Same applies 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Jan 25, 2023 04:56:10 pm
      The whole sport has been tarnished by the commercial side -- insane amounts of TV money, ticket price increases, ridiculous transfer spending and player wage demands, etc.  Gone are the days of players like Stevie G or Totti wanting to stay and play with the club of their youth.  I've already accepted it for what it is now, so to me this would have little impact.  I wish it never got like this, but its too far gone now -- the ship has sailed....

Thing is Harry its only going to get worse. 
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #17: Jan 25, 2023 05:06:07 pm
      Thing is Harry its only going to get worse. 

Yes, and I've accepted it for what it is.  It's required me to slightly distance myself from the sport -- I'm no longer as emotionally connected and controlled by the wins/losses and ups/downs, which is probably a good thing.  I can just enjoy it for the entertainment value.  The history and culture of the club are what drew me in, and that history will never change even if the present/future state of the club and sport is not something I would have originally been interested in. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Jan 25, 2023 05:17:54 pm
      Yes, and I've accepted it for what it is.  It's required me to slightly distance myself from the sport -- I'm no longer as emotionally connected and controlled by the wins/losses and ups/downs, which is probably a good thing.  I can just enjoy it for the entertainment value.  The history and culture of the club are what drew me in, and that history will never change even if the present/future state of the club and sport is not something I would have originally been interested in. 

For those that are just getting into the sport i can see how easy it would be to walk away under the circumstances. However, us fans who have been about considerable years its very much harder since its become a way of life. Not following them due to no fault of your own must be hard to digest.

I'd never condone a persons principles if they were to walk though, its just all very sad that its come to this.   
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #19: Jan 25, 2023 05:37:49 pm
      For those that are just getting into the sport i can see how easy it would be to walk away under the circumstances. However, us fans who have been about considerable years its very much harder since its become a way of life. Not following them due to no fault of your own must be hard to digest.

I'd never condone a persons principles if they were to walk though, its just all very sad that its come to this.   

For those just getting into the sport I agree it would be easy for them to walk away. But it would also be just as easy for them to not give a f*ck what the club stands for and accept the fact it sold its soul and embrace it as they've no emotional connection to why they love the club in the first place. They've no real bond with it ... or memories of going with that grandad or dad etc ... watching the club fight through tragedy and win a game or trophy against all the odds .... a modern fan with a win at any cost mentality.

I'd find it hard ... but ive a happy life aside from this. I'm always going to know what's going on ... I'd see it on the news ... the lads in work arguing over this decision and that. So il never be oblivious to it. But I wouldn't be watching ... getting invested or posting here. I'd just move on. But I've always been someone that once my mind is made up ... its made up and I never go back. Never look back.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Jan 25, 2023 05:59:51 pm
      In a sense City and Newcastle are the acid test for their fans. How many have walked away? Very few because support is non negotiable. I agree that the money and all that goes with it can slightly diminish the emotional bond.

But get 2-2 with City and there's 5 minutes to go and they get a dodgy penalty...then say..ah well..
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #21: Jan 25, 2023 06:01:51 pm
      I’ve supported Liverpool since I was a kid and that will never stop. ❤️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Jan 25, 2023 06:01:54 pm
      For those just getting into the sport I agree it would be easy for them to walk away. But it would also be just as easy for them to not give a f*ck what the club stands for and accept the fact it sold its soul and embrace it as they've no emotional connection to why they love the club in the first place. They've no real bond with it ... or memories of going with that grandad or dad etc ... watching the club fight through tragedy and win a game or trophy against all the odds .... a modern fan with a win at any cost mentality.

I think many hardcore fans would call them plastic fans Don.

I'd find it hard ... but ive a happy life aside from this. I'm always going to know what's going on ... I'd see it on the news ... the lads in work arguing over this  decision and that. So il never be oblivious to it. But I wouldn't be watching ... getting invested or posting here. I'd just move on. But I've always been someone that once my mind is made up ... its made up and I never go back. Never look back.

Takes a man of very strong principles to be able to do that fair play to you.

My only concerns be it any of our two great clubs gets bought out by such parties are the hypocrites will undoubtedly follow.    :f_doh:

Quick Reply