Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Bought out by sports washing group.

Will you stand by Liverpool if?

Read 12526 times
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Re: Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Reply #184: Feb 01, 2023 02:08:40 pm
      If anyone thinks that FSG care about the actual team then they are deluded. They care about how much money they can make from the club year to year. They are buisnessmen, not football fans.

The only reason they won't sell now is because with the new stand nearly being complete they will be going from £60m profit a year to potentially £80m a year. They don't want to sell up and lose that extra £20m a year knowing that the club will still be valued at £3bn no matter when they eventually sell.

Anyone thinking that extra revenue will be invested in the actual team are once again deluded.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #185: Feb 01, 2023 02:08:59 pm
      Well no one execute more people then the American prison system. There is a good argument for that America also is violating human rights for black people, trans and so on. So no American owners either then?
      Though I don't agree with your committed high regard for the State run thuggery of the Gulf, I do respect it is your opinion and therefore valid...a tolerance we subscribe to here, though not in that part of the World you defend.
      You introduce the US as an example of similar or worse policies. You are wrong. Though not perfect, at least all people sentenced to death will have gone through a comprehensive criminal justice system....and none of them will be killed for having had an opinion.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #186: Feb 01, 2023 02:11:59 pm
      If anyone thinks that FSG care about the actual team then they are deluded. They care about how much money they can make from the club year to year. They are buisnessmen, not football fans.

The only reason they won't sell now is because with the new stand nearly being complete they will be going from £60m profit a year to potentially £80m a year. They don't want to sell up and lose that extra £20m a year knowing that the club will still be valued at £3bn no matter when they eventually sell.

Anyone thinking that extra revenue will be invested in the actual team are once again deluded.
      You might be right...but truth is, no-one knows what they are planning.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #187: Feb 01, 2023 02:19:29 pm

Where do you think that extra revenue will go then ?

So far they haven’t taken a penny out of the club beyond anyone who has a director wage

They haven’t taken any profit from the club in previous years
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2023 02:24:52 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #188: Feb 01, 2023 02:34:44 pm
      Where do you think that extra revenue will go then ?

So far they haven’t taken a penny out of the club beyond anyone who has a director wage

They haven’t taken any profit from the club in previous years
      That money will go into a little envelope with (transfer money) written on it and probably won't get opened until they eventually sell up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #189: Feb 01, 2023 02:38:15 pm
      That money will go into a little envelope with (transfer money) written on it and probably won't get opened until they eventually sell up.

Why will it 🤷‍♂️

They spent every other penny that have been earned- why would they suddenly stop
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #190: Feb 01, 2023 02:54:34 pm
      Why will it 🤷‍♂️

They spent every other penny that have been earned- why would they suddenly stop

What on soft lad?
      Jürgen is forced into a sell to buy scenario.
      They LEND the club monies for various projects.
      They stand to make enormous profit if and when they sell up.

Your comments and you are an embarrassment to this forum!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #191: Feb 01, 2023 02:58:12 pm
      What on soft lad?
      Jürgen is forced into a sell to buy scenario.
      They LEND the club monies for various projects.
      They stand to make enormous profit if and when they sell up.

Your comments and you are an embarrassment to this forum!

Who did he sell to buy Gakpo 🤷‍♂️

Who did he sell last Jan to buy Diaz 🤷‍♂️

We have spent £130mil this season - we haven’t sold £130mil worth of players
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #192: Feb 01, 2023 03:14:26 pm

Incorrect

https://www.squawka.com/en/premier-league-net-spend-2022-23/

We spent 71m net.

Also I believe even Klopp himself has said that Gakpo was one for the summer and that he became available so we bought him now. So likely one less player this summer than planned.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #193: Feb 01, 2023 03:16:08 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #194: Feb 01, 2023 03:19:10 pm

Jürgen had a word with his Mrs and they bought them .

You come up with defective sh*te such as this when everyone knows the team is in a bad place because Jürgen cannot afford a quality midfielder and the players you mention would shine with better service from the middle.

You still back FSG when their faulted economies see LFC slide even with the best manager on the planet.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #195: Feb 01, 2023 03:20:39 pm
      Jürgen had a word with his Mrs and they bought them .

You come up with defective sh*te such as this when everyone knows the team is in a bad place because Jürgen cannot afford a quality midfielder and the players you mention would shine with better service from the middle.

You still back FSG when their faulted economies see LFC slide even with the best manager on the planet.

Ah so again you trot out sh*t and then deflect

Who did the club sell to buy Gakpo if as you state “Klopp is force to sell to buy”

It’s just a simple question - who did we sell ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #196: Feb 01, 2023 03:23:27 pm

Just be accurate, that's all I'm asking. Don't act like we spent 130m and didn't recoup any of it. People would be much more inclined to debate with you in good faith if you didn't always seem like you'd twist or color every single statement to make it seem like FSG are always altruistic in their endeavors. It's obvious they saw a good business opportunity and they took it. They made a really smart business decision to buy this club reasonably cheaply and now it's worth a sh*t ton of money. Money they will make when they sell. They have never attempted to create any sort of attachment to the club or the city, we have simply been another page in their portfolio. They've run the club like they said they would, but it's obvious that's not going to work anymore. We are being left behind and it's time for something to happen. If they don't want to alter the way they run the club, then they do need to go because more and more clubs are going to leave us behind as we wait to cash in on aging players so we can buy new players.

Reminds me of owning a home. You bought it for 125,000 10 years ago...it's now worth 450,000 in the current market, but you still want to live in it and to do so you need to make some repairs. You don't have quite enough cash reserves to make the repairs so you take out a loan against the equity (called a home equity loan mind you) so that you can improve your home. Yes you have to pay that money back, but if you don't intend to sell your home anytime soon, it really doesn't matter too much because you will ultimately still reap the benefit of the added equity and once it's paid off it's all a rub anyway.

I mean most people buy houses and cars with loans that they then pay off and when they are done they have an asset that has some residual value. Now most cars depreciate, but a football club doesn't (one like ours anyway) so you would be foolish to not invest some money into it to make it worth even more. You will eventually get it back if you make smart decisions on what upgrades you want to undertake.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #197: Feb 01, 2023 03:26:12 pm
      Just be accurate, that's all I'm asking. Don't act like we spent 130m and didn't recoup any of it. People would be much more inclined to debate with you in good faith if you didn't always seem like you'd twist or color every single statement to make it seem like FSG are always altruistic in their endeavors. It's obvious they saw a good business opportunity and they took it. They made a really smart business decision to buy this club reasonably cheaply and now it's worth a sh*t ton of money. Money they will make when they sell. They have never attempted to create any sort of attachment to the club or the city, we have simply been another page in their portfolio. They've run the club like they said they would, but it's obvious that's not going to work anymore. We are being left behind and it's time for something to happen. If they don't want to alter the way they run the club, then they do need to go because more and more clubs are going to leave us behind as we wait to cash in on aging players so we can buy new players.

Reminds me of owning a home. You bought it for 125,000 10 years ago...it's now worth 450,000 in the current market, but you still want to live in it and to do so you need to make some repairs. You don't have quite enough cash reserves to make the repairs so you take out a loan against the equity (called a home equity loan mind you) so that you can improve your home. Yes you have to pay that money back, but if you don't intend to sell your home anytime soon, it really doesn't matter too much because you will ultimately still reap the benefit of the added equity and once it's paid off it's all a rub anyway.

I mean most people buy houses and cars with loans that they then pay off and when they are done they have an asset that has some residual value. Now most cars depreciate, but a football club doesn't (one like ours anyway) so you would be foolish to not invest some money into it to make it worth even more. You will eventually get it back if you make smart decisions on what upgrades you want to undertake.

Did we spend £130 mil on players - yes , it’s a factually correct statement , as for the rest of the post I suspect it’s the same old whinging
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #198: Feb 01, 2023 03:31:32 pm

Did we spend £130 mil on players - yes , it’s a factually correct statement , as for the rest of the post I suspect it’s the same old whinging

Did you not follow that statement up with "who did we sell"? We must have sold someone to have recouped that 50m? But you conveniently left that out as to make the 130m number seem bigger than it is. I'm not sure why you still argue the sell to buy issue. I believe at this point Klopp himself has even reiterated that's how we are run. I don't have the quote handy but I believe this was something alluded to awhile back. Either way it's time for FSG to change course or get out and as part of getting out, they need to sell us to someone that wants to make a connection with the club. I just keep going back to Wrexham and their new owners. Yea they are celebrities but man did they go all in with learning about the club, the city and making inroads with the supporters. None of that has happened with FSG. I used to think that it really didn't matter too much if the owners were really involved in that way but now I think maybe it does. FFP isn't getting enforced and clubs are going to put the sword to us because of it, so we need to figure out other ways to do business to stay competitive. I don't believe that FSG really want to do that. That's why they went all in on the Super League and once that got bounced I'd bet you that's when they made the beginning decisions that they were going to sell the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #199: Feb 01, 2023 03:34:48 pm
      Did you not follow that statement up with "who did we sell"? We must have sold someone to have recouped that 50m? But you conveniently left that out as to make the 130m number seem bigger than it is. I'm not sure why you still argue the sell to buy issue. I believe at this point Klopp himself has even reiterated that's how we are run. I don't have the quote handy but I believe this was something alluded to awhile back. Either way it's time for FSG to change course or get out and as part of getting out, they need to sell us to someone that wants to make a connection with the club. I just keep going back to Wrexham and their new owners. Yea they are celebrities but man did they go all in with learning about the club, the city and making inroads with the supporters. None of that has happened with FSG. I used to think that it really didn't matter too much if the owners were really involved in that way but now I think maybe it does. FFP isn't getting enforced and clubs are going to put the sword to us because of it, so we need to figure out other ways to do business to stay competitive. I don't believe that FSG really want to do that. That's why they went all in on the Super League and once that got bounced I'd bet you that's when they made the beginning decisions that they were going to sell the club.

Yes who did we sell to buy Gakpo in the Jan window 🤷‍♂️

Did we buy £130mil worth of player yes

Did we aell £130mil worth of players - no

Did we sell anyone to buy Gakpo - no

So when someone says that Klopp is “forced to sell someone to buy” - it’s a factually incorrect utter bollocks statement yes ?

We use the money we earn to fund the club outgoings - that includes transfers , no one has said it’s anything different and it’s been that way since the club was bought and Klopp knew it was that way when he arrived
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #200: Feb 01, 2023 03:35:13 pm

Ah so again you trot out sh*t and then deflect

Who did the club sell to buy Gakpo if as you state “Klopp is force to sell to buy”

It’s just a simple question - who did we sell ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #201: Feb 01, 2023 03:37:22 pm
      🤷‍♂️

So who did we sell to buy Gakpo 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #202: Feb 01, 2023 03:38:41 pm
      Yes who did we sell to buy Gakpo in the Jan window 🤷‍♂️

Did we buy £130mil worth of player yes

Did we aell £130mil worth of players - no

Did we sell anyone to buy Gakpo - no

So when someone says that Klopp is “forced to sell someone to buy” - it’s a factually incorrect utter bollocks statement yes ?

Not necessarily depending on the context. He's forced to sell if he's already spent whatever was budgeted for the transfer window and he wants to go above that. Do you deny that?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #203: Feb 01, 2023 03:40:53 pm
      Not necessarily depending on the context. He's forced to sell if he's already spent whatever was budgeted for the transfer window and he wants to go above that. Do you deny that?

Klopp hasn’t been “forced” to sell anyone

So as I said - Gakpo arrived with no one leaving so Klopp wasn’t forced to sell anyone to buy him

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #204: Feb 01, 2023 03:44:52 pm
      Klopp hasn’t been “forced” to sell anyone

So as I said - Gakpo arrived with no one leaving so Klopp wasn’t forced to sell anyone to buy him

If you need tires and a battery for your car but you only have money to buy tires and to be able to buy the battery you have to sell your favorite guitar, are you being "forced" to sell your favorite guitar?

Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #205: Feb 01, 2023 04:07:27 pm

FSG more than likely saw that interest rates had  gone up on loans and didn't want to spend that extra Million over a 3 year loan. Yes they are that tight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #206: Feb 01, 2023 04:55:37 pm
      May 2020. I don't think you can defend the Human Rights violations of Qatar....You can be flogged for drinking alcohol FFS

Unless the footy circus is in town!!

Quick Reply