Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Bought out by sports washing group.

Will you stand by Liverpool if?

Read 12022 times
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Re: Will you stand by Liverpool if?
      Reply #207: Feb 01, 2023 07:43:46 pm
      So what did you do when standard charter was one of your sponsors?
      They aren't a bogus company set up by the owners though. I'm not getting into all the political aspects at the moment, just the cheating the financial fair play stuff.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #208: Feb 02, 2023 06:20:38 pm
      Yes who did we sell to buy Gakpo in the Jan window 🤷‍♂️

Did we buy £130mil worth of player yes

Did we aell £130mil worth of players - no

Did we sell anyone to buy Gakpo - no

So when someone says that Klopp is “forced to sell someone to buy” - it’s a factually incorrect utter bollocks statement yes ?

We use the money we earn to fund the club outgoings - that includes transfers , no one has said it’s anything different and it’s been that way since the club was bought and Klopp knew it was that way when he arrived

When FSG bought us they stated they had the means to compete with anyone - thats a factually incorrect utter bollocks statement yes?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #209: Feb 03, 2023 09:15:01 am
      When FSG bought us they stated they had the means to compete with anyone - thats a factually incorrect utter bollocks statement yes?

What exactly do you mean by 'compete'?

As we sure as hell have competed. Went toe to toe with City for five years now and won everything there is to win. Add another couple CL finals to that as well.

Football isn't just about who buys the most players.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #210: Feb 03, 2023 09:32:57 am

As we sure as hell have competed. Went toe to toe with City for five years now and won everything there is to win. Add another couple CL finals to that as well.

Scraping a CL place with an Ally header in the last game of the season and how well we competed in both cups so far this season says that we don't have the means to compete with everyone. Obviously we can't forecast where we will end up this season but the odds are it will be a season where we've failed to compete with anyone of note.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #211: Feb 03, 2023 09:36:02 am
      Scraping a CL place with an Ally header in the last game of the season and how well we competed in both cups so far this season says that we don't have the means to compete with everyone. Obviously we can't forecast where we will end up this season but the odds are it will be a season where we've failed to compete with anyone of note.

So you are looking at just the current situation and one season as opposed to all the other seasons where we were winning the league , CL and other cups - which clubs in the Prem have been more successful than us over the last 8/9 years
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #212: Feb 03, 2023 11:44:00 am
      So you are looking at just the current situation and one season as opposed to all the other seasons where we were winning the league , CL and other cups - which clubs in the Prem have been more successful than us over the last 8/9 years

Would that be 4 seasons then? Have we cleaned up every season since since FSG have been here? It wasn't me who said we'd compete it was JWH. If you don't know the answer to your last question, I can't help you. And don't the current season and the 'other' season count?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #213: Feb 03, 2023 02:20:14 pm

We should have had more PL titles under Klopp. That's what I believe competing means. To me the word was used within the context of "winning". Because that's something we hadn't been doing prior to FSG. We hadn't been winning the PL. Who cares if you compete every single year but you never win? That's not really any fun. I would hope that the owners of the club wouldn't accept that as satisfactory either. Anyone can "compete". Just field a team that works really hard. They'll compete. But they won't win anything.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #214: Feb 03, 2023 09:11:51 pm
      We should have had more PL titles under Klopp. That's what I believe competing means. To me the word was used within the context of "winning". Because that's something we hadn't been doing prior to FSG. We hadn't been winning the PL. Who cares if you compete every single year but you never win? That's not really any fun. I would hope that the owners of the club wouldn't accept that as satisfactory either. Anyone can "compete". Just field a team that works really hard. They'll compete. But they won't win anything.

Literally within points of winning it a few times as well.

City being as good as they are skews everything. We've went to to toe and I'm not convinced buying more footballers would have made us any better as it could just as easily upset the dynamic that Jürgen was building with that squad.

For me it was the bets squad of players in Europe for a few years.

Quick Reply