Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We Are Liverpool - Godcast

Read 7764 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      We Are Liverpool - Godcast
      Jan 26, 2023 04:59:56 pm
      It's Liverpool and it's Robbie Fowler, how can you not enjoy.

I've watched the Milly and Digger ones and just going through the Robbo now before cooking me tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbNZtxXP6g&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisUWf5b-f4&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af6MdV24lZI&t=169s&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: We Are Liverpool - Godcast
      Reply #1: Jan 27, 2023 10:48:14 am
      Watched the robbo one last night its good stuff.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jan 27, 2023 09:14:29 pm
      Binge watched all three, fookin awesome, Jimmy Milner the pianist, who would have thought ? 😁

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3: Feb 09, 2023 05:27:45 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2023 07:34:19 pm

Absolutely brilliant, wow what she has been through is incredible, unbelievable story, it is indeed a miracle she survived , I have no doubt at all that young lady will win her fight, what a inspiration she is, good luck to her.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Feb 23, 2023 05:39:19 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #6: Mar 10, 2023 04:04:46 pm
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7: Mar 22, 2023 11:57:22 am
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #8: Mar 22, 2023 09:18:53 pm
      I've only watched the 1st episode.
      The adds every 4 or so minutes killed it for me
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #9: Mar 23, 2023 06:10:56 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_w_dEh_9S4&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Surprised it's taken it them this long to get Macca on.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2023 01:50:56 am
      I know we never had massive success or anything with Roy Evans but flipping heck this is my fave combo, Fowler and Macca, top top players. I have fond memories from that era even though we were less successful under Roy Evans, but I always liked the manager and the football we played or tried to play even when we really should have chilled out a bit ;D. Going to watch this now thanks. Great talent from here too, Macca I always thought if he was Brazilian people would be amazed, happened to be from here and Fowler, just an amazing striker, maybe the best ever here.

This is an afterthought but can anyone think of a better dribbler than Macca? Who we've had or really in any team, what happened to the art of dribbling the ball? I do miss it.

Watched it, ten out of ten interview that, cool. thanks dunlop.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2023 02:48:20 am by Crunchycrisps »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2023 07:14:49 am

This is an afterthought but can anyone think of a better dribbler than Macca? Who we've had or really in any team, what happened to the art of dribbling the ball? I do miss it.

Watched it, ten out of ten interview that, cool. thanks dunlop.
      John Barnes wasn’t a bad dribbler .
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #12: Mar 26, 2023 12:42:03 am
      John Barnes wasn’t a bad dribbler .
      For some reason, I don't remember much about John Barnes, even though he was here for a long time even later on when we had Michael Thomas and Gerrard?
      I was quite young when he was in his plomp or whatever the word is, I would have said Suarez was a top dribbler, I don't really think Mo is, he does a faint and move and is great but it's not dribbling, Mane the same but more of a dibbler than Mo Salah. Side stepping someone is a form of dribbling but all Macca ever did was like a Brazilian snake hipped sidewinder dribbling thing with end product too.
      I think feint is the right word haven thought about it, not faint ;D.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #13: Mar 26, 2023 02:20:17 am
      For some reason, I don't remember much about John Barnes, even though he was here for a long time even later on when we had Michael Thomas and Gerrard?
      I was quite young when he was in his plomp or whatever the word is, I would have said Suarez was a top dribbler, I don't really think Mo is, he does a faint and move and is great but it's not dribbling, Mane the same but more of a dibbler than Mo Salah. Side stepping someone is a form of dribbling but all Macca ever did was like a Brazilian snake hipped sidewinder dribbling thing with end product too.
      I think feint is the right word haven thought about it, not faint ;D.

My friend  Digger was the bollox in fact he’s one of my favourite players if not for an injury playing for England which hampered him he could have been better , an awesome player as I say the guy had panache.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Mar 26, 2023 05:09:36 pm

Fans of a certain vintage will say that nobody came close to Billy Liddell when it comes to dribbling. Those who grew up in the 60s will say that Peter Thompson was untouchable with the ball at his feet. Those, like me arl fella, who were lucky enough to see our best years of the 70s will put Steve Heighway in that discussion. Those who saw our great 80s teams will rightly say John Barnes.

We have had plenty of world class wingers, predominantly down the left and more workhorse like players down the right.

As for any other team, players I've seen in my lifetime that instantly spring to mind are again all left wingers. David Ginola at either Newcastle or Spurs, he'd kind of lost that spark by the time he got to Villa and Everton. Ryan Giggs, despite being a c**t of a human being and playing for United, was fantastic at dribbling with the ball. Marc Overmars was a joy to watch when he was in full flow for Arsenal. And although a diving c**t during his time at Chelsea, there's no denying Arjen Robben was another fantastic dribbler of the ball.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #15: Apr 06, 2023 02:42:38 pm
      Fans of a certain vintage will say that nobody came close to Billy Liddell when it comes to dribbling. Those who grew up in the 60s will say that Peter Thompson was untouchable with the ball at his feet. Those, like me arl fella, who were lucky enough to see our best years of the 70s will put Steve Heighway in that discussion. Those who saw our great 80s teams will rightly say John Barnes.

We have had plenty of world class wingers, predominantly down the left and more workhorse like players down the right.

As for any other team, players I've seen in my lifetime that instantly spring to mind are again all left wingers. David Ginola at either Newcastle or Spurs, he'd kind of lost that spark by the time he got to Villa and Everton. Ryan Giggs, despite being a c**t of a human being and playing for United, was fantastic at dribbling with the ball. Marc Overmars was a joy to watch when he was in full flow for Arsenal. And although a diving c**t during his time at Chelsea, there's no denying Arjen Robben was another fantastic dribbler of the ball.
      Hey lovely read, thanks, I've only just read it now, yeah I saw many of those non Liverpool players in their element, true. maybe because Macca was like a piece of spaghetti (I mean that fondly) it looked more crafty or something. Robben, like that player actually, seemed to have played for ages too, him at Munich with Ribery on the other was high octane footy. I like it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Apr 06, 2023 03:00:08 pm
      My friend  Digger was the bollox in fact he’s one of my favourite players if not for an injury playing for England which hampered him he could have been better , an awesome player as I say the guy had panache.

maybe he didnt see this one.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jdsPZmOWM&ab_channel=WOODDDDDDDYASOCCER
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #17: Apr 06, 2023 03:28:32 pm
      Showing the Brazilians how it's done ey haha, cool, Yeah I think when Barnes was in his prime I wasn't watching all the games just keeping an ear out for results. Playing out n all that with the nippers in the neighbourhood, when I was that young I didn't watch a lot of games, more hobbies and can't even remember how much footy was broadcast back then. What a great guy to listen to as well, always like hearing him speak and his upbeat attitude. Yeah feel like I've missed out there because he's brought up so much in terms of how great a football player he was.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18: Apr 06, 2023 03:46:17 pm
      I wish we could back to Liverpool of the old ways !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19: Apr 06, 2023 03:54:54 pm
      I wish we could back to Liverpool of the old ways !

It was great growing up late 70’s early 80’s going to the games and watching some wonderful players. The game was just about the sport
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #20: Apr 06, 2023 03:58:29 pm
      It was great growing up late 70’s early 80’s going to the games and watching some wonderful players. The game was just about the sport

Too much money certainly ruining the game for a fact.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: Apr 06, 2023 04:01:45 pm
      Too much money certainly ruining the game for a fact.

It certainly has - Sky and the Prem did that

We conquered Europe multiple times with teams of Brits
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #22: Apr 06, 2023 04:51:09 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQkJCc88dI&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Harvey Elliott the latest to shake hands with God.

Quick Reply