Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20553 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Feb 04, 2023 05:42:41 pm
      Wolves scored 3 goals for the first time since middle of last season.

We are miserable....when the f**k is this going to be over

Going to take 3 near perfect windows for me there is just is just too much to do if this continues and expect the summer to cure everything
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #622: Feb 04, 2023 05:43:21 pm
      I'm no tactical genius but we couldn't get anywhere near them in the first half and as sh*t as the players were it looked down to the two formations being played imo.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #623: Feb 04, 2023 05:44:39 pm

Most probably at the end of the season or at best in the last 4 or 5 games when some of those players realize they might be on the chopping block if they don't save face. I mean at the rhythm things are going some players no one would've talked about selling 6 months are forcing themselves into the conversation.

As far as I'm concerned Jürgen Klopp is one of the only coaches in the world that I'd throw the whole squad in the garbage and rebuild rather than give him the sack.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #624: Feb 04, 2023 05:44:48 pm

May ... get used to this because it won't change. They haven't got the heart, pride, spine or desire.

After every calamity this season you expect a response. We do get a response ... one that manages to make them look even more hopeless than the previous week.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #625: Feb 04, 2023 05:45:35 pm
      FSG cu*ts out!

Lamina is better than all ours midfielders. And Joe Gomez 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #626: Feb 04, 2023 05:46:09 pm
      I dont do Twitter or Facebook am I missing out .

Your a fcuking good judge if you don't do them..  ;D That tw@tter believed to be the worse, fortunately I'm not on it.  ;D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #627: Feb 04, 2023 05:47:43 pm
      In regards being knackered- imo it’s just the physical aspect , the mental tiredness is there as well

It’s been 4 intense seasons and last season was the most intense of the lot and it’s taken it’s toil

The players haven’t become poor players overnight but right now confidence and moral is at a low

The crazy thing is we are still creating more than enough chances to win games
      I'll take your word on the intensity and you're definitely not the only one saying this, but as far as the chances created, I'll disagree. I've watched the whole game and did not see quality chances being created other for 2 occasions (I think). You are right in that two or three clearcut quality chances should be enough to win a football game, but the only time this is not true is when you routinely concede 2 or more a game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #628: Feb 04, 2023 05:48:58 pm
      If Gomez’s football skills were food thanks for the scone
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #629: Feb 04, 2023 05:49:16 pm
      Not happening, surely you know the Liverpool way?

He may step down out of respect for the club  if things continue. Players are due back from injuries so maybe a turn of form around the corner. I've always said a team without VVD is definitely a weaken side even though not produced his best form since being injured by Pickford.

But the sack? not happening and I'd bet on that. 

they sacked Kenny which people ignore they even ignored Kenny when we lost the FA Cup Final couldnt even look him in the face if it suits FSG he will be gone .
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #630: Feb 04, 2023 05:49:55 pm
      Look just read the Reddy article who has plenty of contacts at Anfield and stop being a bellend on the forum.

Lallana in Pyjamas is actually Pep himself!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #631: Feb 04, 2023 05:50:41 pm
      If Gomez’s football skills were food thanks for the scone

out of the 16 or so players listed above how many woul dyou have in the team on current form in a team that would challenge for the league I count 10 of them wouldnt get near a starting place
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #632: Feb 04, 2023 05:52:22 pm
      Been thinking, Newcastle are playing so well this season and it’s not like they’ve gone out and spent a sh*t ton of money yet or brought in a bunch of big name players…..but….they can if they want and I think it makes a mentality difference to the players that are there. They know if they need help they can spend and get a first rate player, and they know if they don’t perform, the club can replace them. Our players know there’s no help on the way and also no competitor coming either. So they can middle about and it’s not going to affect anyone’s paycheck or post code. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #633: Feb 04, 2023 05:52:35 pm
      I'll take your word on the intensity and you're definitely not the only one saying this, but as far as the chances created, I'll disagree. I've watched the whole game and did not see quality chances being created other for 2 occasions (I think). You are right in that two or three clearcut quality chances should be enough to win a football game, but the only time this is not true is when you routinely concede 2 or more a game.

6 months ago we were 1 point and 2 games from winning the lot

The end of the league season and the CL final especially was mentally draining for both the fans and players

A shortened pre season and disruptive season with injuries and everything just seems to be going wrong

The players seem to have lost heart and desire at the moment as well . Too many heads down , no leadership on the pitch

Everything looks disjointed and right now we need Klopp to find the answer
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #634: Feb 04, 2023 05:54:13 pm
      they sacked Kenny which people ignore they even ignored Kenny when we lost the FA Cup Final couldnt even look him in the face if it suits FSG he will be gone .

Yep ... People don't seem to be getting the point that they will be getting serious flak now. As they usually do ... they'll pass the buck and hide. Klopp is in trouble. They won't hesitate to throw him under the bus.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #635: Feb 04, 2023 05:54:38 pm
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #636: Feb 04, 2023 05:55:10 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas is actually Pep himself!

What is this article?
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #637: Feb 04, 2023 05:55:49 pm
      Lack of characters when no Milner , Hendo or Virg likes of Naby, Matip,Gomez ,Gakpo even Thiago not people you would say are leaders driving people on even flying into a tackle just to get things going
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #638: Feb 04, 2023 05:56:06 pm
      Either the players aren't listening to him, or they are not capable of what he's asking them to do....or both....But I'm sure the boss doesn't send them out to defend like that.  They've let him, and us down again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #639: Feb 04, 2023 05:59:14 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #640: Feb 04, 2023 05:59:30 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #641: Feb 04, 2023 06:01:00 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #642: Feb 04, 2023 06:02:13 pm

Those are words of a manager looking to get sacked the likes I would expect from Mourinho.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #643: Feb 04, 2023 06:03:15 pm
      Been thinking, Newcastle are playing so well this season and it’s not like they’ve gone out and spent a sh*t ton of money yet or brought in a bunch of big name players…..but….they can if they want and I think it makes a mentality difference to the players that are there. They know if they need help they can spend and get a first rate player, and they know if they don’t perform, the club can replace them. Our players know there’s no help on the way and also no competitor coming either. So they can middle about and it’s not going to affect anyone’s paycheck or post code.
      I don't know if the players have downed tools, but there is a definite lack of trust and belief amongst them, it's as if it's all someone else's fault. I'm absolutely livid, the senior players are a disgrace to the club.

Quick Reply