Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20549 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Feb 04, 2023 06:04:01 pm
      they sacked Kenny which people ignore they even ignored Kenny when we lost the FA Cup Final couldnt even look him in the face if it suits FSG he will be gone .

Honestly Walt not a chance for me. Think the comparison wrong purely based on Kenny was a world class player and not a world class manager in my opinion. As Iā€™m sure we both agree Klopp  is a world class manager and can turn things round once he gets his players back from injury along with some new additions which incidentally is no fault of his own, that fault lies with your owners being tight kunts and only spending what they earn!!!!!!!!

(( better put that in before PJ rips me apart ))  :lmao:

and not putting some of their profits from what the club is now worth compared to what they bought it for.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #645: Feb 04, 2023 06:05:24 pm
      Wow JĆ¼rgen has officially lost the plot if he believes what he says there.

We did play well in spells today, especially second half.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #646: Feb 04, 2023 06:06:53 pm
      We did play well in spells today, especially second half.

Did we play "outstanding" football?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,168 posts | 1094 
      Reply #647: Feb 04, 2023 06:07:56 pm

6 months ago we were 1 point and 2 games from winning the lot

The end of the league season and the CL final especially was mentally draining for both the fans and players

A shortened pre season and disruptive season with injuries and everything just seems to be going wrong

The players seem to have lost heart and desire at the moment as well . Too many heads down , no leadership on the pitch

Everything looks disjointed and right now we need Klopp to find the answer
      Unlike some, I don't hate your energy, but I just wonder if you're looking at it wrong. You keep referencing last year and talking about how good it was, and boy was it.

But it took a toll, and understandably so. This group of players has had a lot of games the past 5 years, and exiting players like Mane talk about the riggers of our training. Most of these guys have reached a point of diminished returns. You saw that today.

This isn't something we play our way out of, if it was Klopp would've had us on the other side by now. Most of these players are shot and we need some time to cycle out older ones and bring in new ones.

We also need to reexamine whose making these calls on which players we get, because recently there have been some swing and misses.

Theres a saying in that you let your players legs go on someone elses pitch, not your own. FSG has allowed Klopp to find out that old adage is often true.
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2023 06:32:27 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #648: Feb 04, 2023 06:08:15 pm
      Did we play "outstanding" football?

Yes , in spells but we didn't score
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #649: Feb 04, 2023 06:09:28 pm
      Yes , in spells but we didn't score

Donā€™t think any of it was outstanding. Decent spells but wouldnā€™t go further than that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #650: Feb 04, 2023 06:14:15 pm
      Klopp needs to ask so many questions and solve them.

Bajcetic was above the others.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #651: Feb 04, 2023 06:17:30 pm
      Honestly Walt not a chance for me. Think the comparison wrong purely based on Kenny was a world class player and not a world class manager in my opinion. As Iā€™m sure we both agree Klopp  is a world class manager and can turn things round once he gets his players back from injury along with some new additions which incidentally is no fault of his own, that fault lies with your owners being tight kunts and only spending what they earn!!!!!!!!

(( better put that in before PJ rips me apart ))  :lmao:

and not putting some of their profits from what the club is now worth compared to what they bought it for.

Kenny brought us our first Trophy in 6 years and got to the FA Cup final with a team that would only ever be a cup team. The way John Henry ignored him was disgusting and shameful and a measure of what sort of person his is a money grabbing hoare. So if he sees a way of using JĆ¼rgen he will use him money is his God.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,871 posts | 413 
      Reply #652: Feb 04, 2023 06:18:05 pm
      I didnā€™t you 🛎ļø end , itā€™s called listening to it in the radio

On
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #653: Feb 04, 2023 06:18:16 pm
      Unlike some, I don't hate your energy, but I just wonder if you're looking at it wrong. You keep referencing last year and talking about how good it was, and boy was it.

But it took a toll, and understandably so. This group of players has had a lot of games the past 5 years, and exiting players like Mane talk about the riggers of our training. Most of these guys have reached a point of diminished returns. You saw that today.

This isn't something we play our way out of, if it was Klopp would've had us on the other side by now. Most of these players are shot and we need some time to cycle out older ones and bring in new ones.

We also need to reexamine whose making these calls on which players we get, because recently there have been some swing and misses.

Theres a saying in that you let your players legs go on someone elses pitch, not yourbown. FSG has allowed Klopp to find out that old adage ifboften true.

I canā€™t disagree in regards the recent recruits - people go on about money not being spent but we spent a fair amount on forwards since August

Even after what happened in August with Melo when the chance came to bring someone in they went with Gakpo

Now who made that choice

Was it a case that Klopp only wants a certain midfielder who they couldnā€™t get right now or they made the choice to bring a forward in over a mid
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #654: Feb 04, 2023 06:19:07 pm
      Wow JĆ¼rgen has officially lost the plot if he believes what he says there.
      I don't think he does, but what is he supposed to do? We've been through all the shades of ''absolutely unacceptable performances'' type of comments and all the shades of ''we need to improve on every front'' type of comments.

Until the answer is found or the end of the season comes all he can do is criticize his squad without completely embarrassing them in his post game comments and hope the bit of encouragement he gives helps on the training ground and translates into something positive in the next game. If he starts setting fires now its going to be a very long end of season and it won't take long before we get into the ''did he lose the dressing room?'' conversations.

Basically, what I'm saying is I'd much rather he stays diplomatic and then do whatever he sees fit with this squad once the season is over because I see no positives coming out of him being overly negative in press conferences and post game interviews
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #655: Feb 04, 2023 06:20:57 pm
      read somewhere that we have had 15 hamstring injuries were the avg for a team is 4 maybe by the time they get to play a game they are fu**ed give them the week of just light training nothing else it couldnt get much worse.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #656: Feb 04, 2023 06:25:28 pm
      I didnā€™t you 🛎ļø end , itā€™s called listening to it in the radio

So we've got a guy who listened to the game on the radio calling out people on Twitter who have watched the game on a stream via a forum.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #657: Feb 04, 2023 06:28:28 pm
      So we've got a guy who listened to the game on the radio calling out people on Twitter who have watched the game on a stream via a forum.

Nah just calling someone a social medal bedwetter after insulting me because of my service and because I have the gall to actually go to games as opposed to just watching via streams.

All the crying about spending money is pathetic- spending money had F**k to do with us losing today , I know itā€™s hard for some to contemplate that issues are more than what players have or havenā€™t been signed.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 764 
      Reply #658: Feb 04, 2023 06:28:35 pm
      Everyone has a right to an opinion, you don't have to agree with it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #659: Feb 04, 2023 06:29:04 pm
      read somewhere that we have had 15 hamstring injuries were the avg for a team is 4 maybe by the time they get to play a game they are fu**ed give them the week of just light training nothing else it couldnt get much worse.

Watching the youth cup and they mentioned the  unavailable players, a lot of injuries at academy level, quite a few muscular injuries as well
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #660: Feb 04, 2023 06:31:14 pm
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #661: Feb 04, 2023 06:31:36 pm
      Kenny brought us our first Trophy in 6 years and got to the FA Cup final with a team that would only ever be a cup team. The way John Henry ignored him was disgusting and shameful and a measure of what sort of person his is a money grabbing hoare. So if he sees a way of using JĆ¼rgen he will use him money is his God.

And don't forget he didn't have the balls to come over here to dismiss Kenny ... he dragged Kenny out to Boston and fired him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #662: Feb 04, 2023 06:34:05 pm
      Watching the youth cup and they mentioned the  unavailable players, a lot of injuries at academy level, quite a few muscular injuries as well

its been mentioned many times before that we seem to suffer muscle injuries more than other teams not sure why and not sure why it isnt looked into more thoroughly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #663: Feb 04, 2023 06:35:10 pm
      Everyone has a right to an opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

My opinion is that not everyone has a right to an opinion.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #664: Feb 04, 2023 06:37:02 pm
      I donā€™t like seeing Klopp like this though. It reminds me of the last month of rafa when he looked beaten and unwell. I loved rafa but wanted him gone for his sack.
      The place was toxic.

I hope Klopp can turn it around but if he does leave then the players should hand their heads in shame.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #665: Feb 04, 2023 06:37:14 pm

Training is supposed to be very intense , maybe the stop in the season hasnt helped , didnā€™t we see the same sort of issue when we had a mid season break a couple years back
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #666: Feb 04, 2023 06:37:32 pm
      My opinion is that not everyone has a right to an opinion.

You just blew my mind!

Quick Reply