Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19719 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Feb 04, 2023 08:03:30 pm
      Sorry to say, James Milner certainly isn’t the answer either.

Think we need his fight for the Derby though - someone who can get stuck in and give his all
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #691: Feb 04, 2023 08:08:42 pm
      Think we need his fight for the Derby though - someone who can get stuck in and give his all

Would be very surprised if he doesn't start
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #692: Feb 04, 2023 08:14:51 pm

Problem is just reading it from text doesn't really show if there was any sarcasm involved
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #693: Feb 04, 2023 08:15:56 pm
      Klopp needs to ask so many questions and solve them.

What questions need be asked?
      Team has lost 3 impact scorers to long(ish) term injury
      Team has lost 2 starting CBs as well

Hence: Anemic offensive, porous defense
      Midfielders were not the issue today

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #694: Feb 04, 2023 08:21:47 pm
      I don’t like seeing Klopp like this though. It reminds me of the last month of rafa when he looked beaten and unwell. I loved rafa but wanted him gone for his sack.
      The place was toxic.

I hope Klopp can turn it around but if he does leave then the players should hand their heads in shame.

The boss will be fine, didn't he crack on during the pandemic year even dealing with the death of his mother? He looked a lot worse then.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #695: Feb 04, 2023 08:23:07 pm
      Didn't see the game, The stats suggest we dominated most of the play but our forwards were firing blanks and our defence was even worse than it has been all season. Doesn't look so much of a midfield problem, this game, although obviously I could be completely wrong.

Basically, our whole team has been playing sh*t this season, each area is just taking it in turns. Still think a lot of it is psychological. Burn out from last season, mental as well as physical. Difficult for Klopp to fix that, particularly with a lack of signings. He will turn it round eventually, as long as FSG don't do anything too stupid, but it's looking like a painful remainder of the season.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #696: Feb 04, 2023 08:35:01 pm
      Sorry to say, James Milner certainly isn’t the answer either.

Definitely not mate. But we had a Welsh international full back who we'd put a few years into that whilst not setting the world alight could have been an option. Sadly he was sold to raise spends/balance books ... however way you want to view it and was replaced by a raw kid who blatantly isn't ready either physically or ability wise.

We need to go 4231 next week. Sit in. They will be happy with a draw ... so let's stay compact and sit in ... be hard to play through and for once compete. Because theoretically we still have more up top than them.

Can't say with words how important the crowd is next week. Needs to be a barca like atmosphere. We simply have to want it ... show desire ... pride ... all the things we've shown nothing of all season. They will be full of it ... and throw themselves at everything for dyche.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #697: Feb 04, 2023 08:37:25 pm
      What questions need be asked?
      Team has lost 3 impact scorers to long(ish) term injury
      Team has lost 2 starting CBs as well

Hence: Anemic offensive, porous defense
      Midfielders were not the issue today

We were shipping goals right left and centre with van dijk there. He's coasted through this season.

All of klopps senior players have embarrassed themselves this season bar Ali and Robbo.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #698: Feb 04, 2023 08:58:07 pm
      I haven't seen the match yet , just heard the radio commentary but to read some of the comments on social media is painful , actually voting for and against Jürgen to go ! Well for me, Jürgen has delivered us success in recent seasons and I hope most have his back in this situation . We all know the team is ageing and needs a rebuild ,but to do that we probably can't do any business till summer and bring in 4-5 players ,trouble is some of the players we need to sell aren't worth a great deal !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #699: Feb 04, 2023 09:00:32 pm
      Just got home from looking after my nephew's.

As bad as I fear then?
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #700: Feb 04, 2023 09:05:57 pm
      Our lack of fight and intensity at the back in key moments is ridiculous. Our shooting and conversion of chances is the worst since hodgson.
      I have mates who support other clubs begging to play us.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #701: Feb 04, 2023 09:06:37 pm
      Just got home from looking after my nephew's.

As bad as I fear then?

Umm. Battered again. Parts of the game we were ok but mostly we looked disjointed and out of confidence.
      Teams that are usually adrift at the bottom of the league play like we are now.
      No matter who we play against they know they are in with a chance.
      Bajcetic was ok.

Gomez and matip at the back were like laurel and hardy.

The real Salah is tied up somewhere and we have an imposter who can’t control a ball.
      Nunez tries but it’s like watching someone play pin the tail on the donkey.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #702: Feb 04, 2023 09:07:58 pm
      Umm. Battered again. Parts of the game we were ok but mostly we looked disjointed and out of confidence.
      Bajcetic was ok.

The real Salah is tied up somewhere and we have an imposter who can’t control a ball.

Did Nunez play through the middle?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #703: Feb 04, 2023 09:35:52 pm
      Bajcetic was ok.

Think that sums up what went on today exactly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #704: Feb 04, 2023 10:15:16 pm
      You don’t need to tell us - your posts make that perfectly clear

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Wet Blanket comes to mind. I think that’s what I’ll call you from now on.

Cheers Wet Blanket!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #705: Feb 04, 2023 10:30:16 pm
      Definitely not mate. But we had a Welsh international full back who we'd put a few years into that whilst not setting the world alight could have been an option. Sadly he was sold to raise spends/balance books ... however way you want to view it and was replaced by a raw kid who blatantly isn't ready either physically or ability wise.

We need to go 4231 next week. Sit in. They will be happy with a draw ... so let's stay compact and sit in ... be hard to play through and for once compete. Because theoretically we still have more up top than them.

Can't say with words how important the crowd is next week. Needs to be a barca like atmosphere. We simply have to want it ... show desire ... pride ... all the things we've shown nothing of all season. They will be full of it ... and throw themselves at everything for dyche.

Neco is sh*te mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #706: Feb 04, 2023 10:31:32 pm
      We were shipping goals right left and centre with van dijk there. He's coasted through this season.

All of klopps senior players have embarrassed themselves this season bar Ali and Robbo.

As sh*te as we say VVD has been let’s not forget we’ve not won a league game since he’s been our. We actually won a few when he was playing as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #707: Feb 04, 2023 10:56:26 pm
      As sh*te as we say VVD has been let’s not forget we’ve not won a league game since he’s been our. We actually won a few when he was playing as well.

I mean today was by far our worst defensive display of the season it was absolutely shambolic.

Would not have been that bad with VVD at the back.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #708: Feb 04, 2023 11:02:15 pm
      Absolutely sh*te.

Another terrible performance, another terrible result. Same problems every week. Similar line ups, same tactics, go a goal down, chasing games, no heart, no fight, no confidence and the lads look burnt out. The warning signs were there against Fulham on day 1.

Reading a few comments on the forum and some blame the owners and some blame klopp/the players. The truth is they’re all to blame.

I put the majority of the blame on the owners. Signing just Thiago and Arthur (in, what, four and a half seasons or so?) is a farce. A team that has challenged on all fronts who depend on an energetic, aggressive midfield who play with lots of intensity. It’s been neglected.

With that said, klopp and his players have to perform far better than what we’ve seen despite being dealt a sh*t hand. I consider klopp as the best manager in the world and that’s not being biased either. But some of his line ups at times, his substitutions and persisting with the same tactics each week despite it not working is just mind boggling. A world class manager adapts to sh*t situations…so F***ing adapt then? 

I love Nunez, I really do. The big crazy b***ard and I always have a soft spot for players who give their all too. However, I’m still of the opinion that he isn’t good enough for us, certainly not down the middle anyway. I said it very early on and got slaughtered, as you do if you criticise anything to do with LFC because grown men have little strops, but nothing has changed my mind. His first touch, final ball and finishing is mostly abysmal. I know the away fans sign sh*t andy Carroll every week but it does actually have andy Carroll vibes for me where we have massively over spent on a player who is nowhere near this level.

I don’t rate Gakpo either. I’d go as far as saying he’s been absolutely crap. For me, when everybody’s fit, the front three picks itself. Diaz, Jota and Mo. If Diaz isn’t fit then Darwin comes in. If Jota isn’t fit then Bobby comes in. And if Mo isn’t fit then Elliott comes in. So I don’t know where Gakpo is supposed to fit in. What’s his role? Just seems a bizarre signing considering we desperately need reinforcements in midfield but instead we spent a chunk of money on a 7th choice option for the front three positions.

The back four have gone from a solid unit who concede very few goals to being a complete mess now too. The whole team is just a shambles. A couple of months ago I thought we were just one or two players short from competing again but honestly I wouldn’t care if klopp got rid of 7-8 of them and started again. I’ve always been an admirer of both matip and Gomez and constantly said the pair of them were severely under rated but what the F**k was that sh*t show today? Not just today but for the past how many weeks.

Does make me laugh when I see klopp trending etc and weirdos are calling for his head. And then what. Who comes in who does a better job under these ridiculous FSG restraints? And for what that man’s done for this club id still put up with another decade of mid table finishes before I gave somebody the time of the day and even bothered listening to them talking about sacking him. The man’s a genius but not perfect. He’s going through a sh*t time so we back him no matter how frustrating things are currently. I hope he manages us until he decides to retire because no other manager in world football will do any better. Not even close.

Anyway we move onto Everton. No better game to bounce back after that dog sh*t performance today. Sort it out Liverpool and F***ing put 5 past that pub team.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #709: Feb 04, 2023 11:06:18 pm
      The warning signs were there against Fulham on day 1.

Great post, this line from your post was spot on

There were moments in that game were we were ripped apart.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #710: Feb 04, 2023 11:16:36 pm
      Great post, this line from your post was spot on

There were moments in that game were we were ripped apart.

Which couldn’t have been any least expected because we ripped into City less than a week before that. It maybe the Community Shield but both teams wanted that match.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #711: Feb 04, 2023 11:26:56 pm
      Squakwa - "Liverpool have now lost more Premier League games this season (7) than they did during the 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2021/22 season COMBINED. "

What an amazing drop off.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #712: Feb 04, 2023 11:40:29 pm
      Commitment isnt there. Looks like nobody has confidence in themselves, their team mates, the tactics, or even that a bit of luck will go our way (it massively hasnt - but thats a losers excuse).
      With that all-round lack of confidence, players dont commit. Not to tackles, not to runs, passes, shots, marking. Its all halfhearted; Are you going? Am I going? Hesitation, no communication. Looking around for someone to blame.
      No confidence = no commitment = poor performance.
      After half time we had 15 mins of good football and looked sound, we found some commitment. Sadly we couldnt score and confidence dropped again, then one error from Gomez/Bajcetic and they score.

Heads drop. Here we go again. Can’t believe this is happening AGAIN. We can’t catch a break.

The lads can’t believe their bad luck but they need to take responsibilty for this lack of f**king commitment in so many aspects.
      Only then will confidence and luck start to return.

Commit. Get that one win. Make it Everton.

Sing our blood red hearts out for that one.

YNWA

Quick Reply