Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19717 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Feb 04, 2023 11:52:59 pm
      Testing times for Klopp, the players, and us the supporters. Hard as it is we've got to get behind them and help carry them through this crisis.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #714: Feb 05, 2023 12:54:26 am
      Hadn't heard of Gakpo before we signed him. Haven't heard of him since.

Missed the match today. Laughed when I saw the result. What a shambolic team. Laughed louder when I saw Klopp had picked Gomez again, but I'm sure he had an amazing game. Said it before, Salah gets picked every week and does nothing. That winds me up, but I guess they were all abysmal today anyway.

Rinse and repeat.  :roll:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #715: Feb 05, 2023 01:17:17 am
      I’m so fu**ed off - I’m on way back from a boozy night out. It’s weird because we’ve all accepted the way it is right now. We’re in a bad way - yet I have this hope that somehow we can turn this around because we have the best manager in the world
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #716: Feb 05, 2023 06:27:55 am
      It’s just depressing that the same sh*t (or even worse) will happen against Everton next week…. 

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #717: Feb 05, 2023 10:02:54 am
      Wow, Klopp didn't want to speak to James Pearce (Echo)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1621932450489270274

EDIT: Not sure if anyone's seen it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #718: Feb 05, 2023 10:44:14 am
      Nothing to back this up but I wonder if the players are no longer listening or wanting to play the way Lijinders is dictating on the training pitch.
      Obviously this would be ok’d by Klopp before anyone jumps down my throat.

Plausible if you think how has so many good players suddenly started to play like sh*te.

Something not been right all season so what has happened or changed at Melwood?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #719: Feb 05, 2023 11:03:42 am
      Nothing to back this up but I wonder if the players are no longer listening or wanting to play the way Lijinders is dictating on the training pitch.

Plausible if you think how has so many good players suddenly started to play like sh*te.

Not trying to dismiss this stuff about Lijnders, but where is this coming from all of a sudden?
      Just seems like since yesterday, this is something people are talking about.
      Has something changed in the way he operates, or something has happened since the start of this season in relation to him?
      Just curious.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #720: Feb 05, 2023 11:11:13 am
      If any of them have anything about them there should have been almost fighting in that dressing room after the game.

F*ck me if I was captain I'd pin that lazy arrogant sulk at right back against the wall and dish out some home truths and his wouldn't be the only face I'd be getting in. Some of those senior players need laying into. If they cant take it .... there's the f*cking door. This isn't a f*cking creche.

We need leadership in there .... we need home truths ... nasty ... but so be it. That's how you get respect. You don't put up with garbage like that if you give a f*ck.

Most of them don't look arsed ... there's nobody looking hurt bar 1 or 2. How they started that game yesterday was embarrassing.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #721: Feb 05, 2023 11:23:16 am
      If any of them have anything about them there should have been almost fighting in that dressing room after the game.

F*ck me if I was captain I'd pin that lazy arrogant sulk at right back against the wall and dish out some home truths and his wouldn't be the only face I'd be getting in. Some of those senior players need laying into. If they cant take it .... there's the f*cking door. This isn't a f*cking creche.

We need leadership in there .... we need home truths ... nasty ... but so be it. That's how you get respect. You don't put up with garbage like that if you give a f*ck.

Most of them don't look arsed ... there's nobody looking hurt bar 1 or 2. How they started that game yesterday was embarrassing.

Deffo missing some leaders when Hendo/VVD/Milner not playing.
      Also, Mane was a battler who led from the front, miss him too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #722: Feb 05, 2023 11:40:56 am
      Not trying to dismiss this stuff about Lijnders, but where is this coming from all of a sudden?
      Just seems like since yesterday, this is something people are talking about.
      Has something changed in the way he operates, or something has happened since the start of this season in relation to him?
      Just curious.

It’s based on twitterati complaining and because have signed players from Portugal and Holland they put the signings down to Pep and then you have click bait journalists jumping in

So they all basically think that Klopp doesn’t have the mental strength to stop his assistant taking over
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #723: Feb 05, 2023 11:51:45 am
      I'm not a optimistic guy, but lets take a breath and try to see the bigger picture. Pep and JK have achieved alot, not only things they have won, but also seasons where we competed until the end.

They haven't become bad over night, things aren't going well and the only way to get out of is it to stick together. We have the best coach in the world and he will rebuild the team again.

Just keep the faith
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #724: Feb 05, 2023 11:52:40 am

Problem is, we don't know how much influence Lijinders has at the club so it's difficult to say.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #725: Feb 05, 2023 11:54:06 am
      It’s based on twitterati complaining and because have signed players from Portugal and Holland they put the signings down to Pep and then you have click bait journalists jumping in

So they all basically think that Klopp doesn’t have the mental strength to stop his assistant taking over
      Couldn't have said it better myself
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #726: Feb 05, 2023 11:55:52 am
      My youngest lad reckons a lot of our decline is to do with losing Edwards. It was he who scouted most of our players. It was Edwards who wanted Salah when Klopp (admitted) he didn't. I think there might have been other players too. If anything, this seems to be the more accurate explanation if you consider the time of him leaving and our decline. Unless of course I'm just plain wrong.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #727: Feb 05, 2023 12:07:49 pm
      Deffo missing some leaders when Hendo/VVD/Milner not playing.
      Also, Mane was a battler who led from the front, miss him too.

Yeah that's why I'm partnering bajcetic with Henderson next week  .... in a 4231 ... we need our captain next to him. And we need his leadership.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #728: Feb 05, 2023 12:09:38 pm
      My youngest lad reckons a lot of our decline is to do with losing Edwards. It was he who scouted most of our players. It was Edwards who wanted Salah when Klopp (admitted) he didn't. I think there might have been other players too. If anything, this seems to be the more accurate explanation if you consider the time of him leaving and our decline. Unless of course I'm just plain wrong.
      There will be a number of factors which combined will have led us to this decline. There's no "magic bullet" answer.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #729: Feb 05, 2023 12:11:43 pm

Imagine Tommy Smith in the changies after that "effort"
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #730: Feb 05, 2023 12:12:31 pm

For a start nothing has happened at melwoof because we moved to kirkby
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #731: Feb 05, 2023 12:14:23 pm

I think Gordon as well stepping back might not have helped matters

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #732: Feb 05, 2023 12:14:42 pm
      Honestly the way people are portraying pep ljinders as some sort of Rasputin type figure with a malevolent influence is laughable.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #733: Feb 05, 2023 12:21:47 pm
      I don't know what happens next, but if Jürgen is not the manager to get out of this then I have no idea who could.

it sends a shudder down my spine when other names are mentioned, give the man the respect he deserves. I have calmed down after yesterday, how can Jürgen coach Matip and Gomez not to have complete F**k ups every game?

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #734: Feb 05, 2023 12:25:47 pm
      I don't know what happens next, but if Jürgen is not the manager to get out of this then I have no idea who could.

it sends a shudder down my spine when other names are mentioned, give the man the respect he deserves. I have calmed down after yesterday, how can Jürgen coach Matip and Gomez not to have complete f**k ups every game?

He can't.

But he can get rid. Both can go. Get the cash in. By a CB and keep Philips as 4th choice.

If he makes it to the summer ... and by god I hope he does, he needs to be ruthless this summer. Its time to start building a new team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #735: Feb 05, 2023 12:48:50 pm
      Imagine Tommy Smith in the changies after that "effort"

Might defer to the lesser known Howard Gayle as his opinion of Smith in the dressing room is a bit dlifferent to everyone else's.

Quick Reply