Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      3 (5.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (7.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.8%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      1 (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      40 (72.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      3 (5.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19730 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Feb 07, 2023 01:08:29 pm
      No one said going backwards.

What I'm describing is the job and influence over the whole club. Same thing Ferguson had at Utd. I

Isn't it getting the right nerds in. Maybe Ward and his nerds are the issue and Klopp might want to change that.

Maybe but I doubt Klopp would be involved in the hiring of a DOF or the data analysts 🤷‍♂

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #760: Feb 07, 2023 01:20:21 pm
      Maybe but I doubt Klopp would be involved in the hiring of a DOF or the data analysts 🤷‍♂

Who will be, FSG!! :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #761: Feb 07, 2023 01:35:03 pm

That’s the problem isn’t it they have cleared the decks so all seems a bit rudderless.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #762: Feb 07, 2023 01:50:50 pm
      That’s the problem isn’t it they have cleared the decks so all seems a bit rudderless.

Hasn't klopps main trusted guy Mike Gordon gone now ... to get the club sold. Its Billy hogan doing everything now isn't it?

Not a good situation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #763: Feb 07, 2023 02:15:27 pm
      Depends on the reasons. What you're describing is the club going back to the sort of influence the likes of shankly, Paisley, Dalglish, Fagan had on the club as a manager rather than head coach.

True but JĂŒrgen has always worked under a Sporting Director or DoF model and if it works I didn't see any reason to give him more influence or control if that's what's happened
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #764: Feb 07, 2023 02:40:29 pm
      What a depressing season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #765: Feb 07, 2023 02:48:23 pm

There has been worse 🤷‍♂
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #766: Feb 08, 2023 01:50:24 pm
      There has been worse 🤷‍♂

yes there has. We just need to keep our heads and our manager and ride this out.

No trophies this season or european football next year, not great, but I would rather all of this than be Man City
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #767: Feb 08, 2023 07:14:48 pm
      the side that gave me perhaps the best day in football ever and i have seen everything since 1977:

Man Utd 0 Liverpool 5

Becker, Alexander-Arnold, Konaté, van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keïta, Salah, Firmino, Jota

What the F**k has gone wrong?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #768: Feb 08, 2023 07:29:58 pm
      the side that gave me perhaps the best day in football ever and i have seen everything since 1977:

Man Utd 0 Liverpool 5

Becker, Alexander-Arnold, Konaté, van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keïta, Salah, Firmino, Jota

What the f**k has gone wrong?
      There's no one thing in isolation that explains it....It's multiple things, any one of which on it's own wouldn't cause too much damage...But collectively these factors have sent us off the rails. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #769: Feb 08, 2023 07:34:11 pm

Man Utd 0 Liverpool 5

What the f**k has gone wrong?

Missing 6 of those players is one
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #770: Feb 08, 2023 10:12:05 pm

Agreed. But this is also why it grates me when people say it’s mainly because Mane left. Where’s Mane in that team?
      We had plenty of big wins without Mane so the team are more than capable of it but yet you get people saying “big mistake letting Mane go”, “Mane is what made that team” etc etc.

Yes Mane was boss but he also wanted to leave and had plenty of inconsistent spells himself.

Rant over.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #771: Feb 11, 2023 04:27:58 pm
      Wolves absolutely gutted they couldn’t play us this week, had to contend with Southampton
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #772: Feb 11, 2023 05:09:40 pm
      Agreed. But this is also why it grates me when people say it’s mainly because Mane left. Where’s Mane in that team?
      We had plenty of big wins without Mane so the team are more than capable of it but yet you get people saying “big mistake letting Mane go”, “Mane is what made that team” etc etc.

Yes Mane was boss but he also wanted to leave and had plenty of inconsistent spells himself.

Rant over.

Wish Mane had stayed. But once he'd said he wasn't renewing the club had no choice.

The mistake we made was not spending on midfield. I'm not having it there was nobody out there for us or better than we had.

I'd have been perfectly happy with Bobby, Jota, Diaz, Salah, Minamino, Elliott, Carvalho and Doak this season and season and spent on midfield.

In reality we lost Mane, Origi and Minamino. 3 lads who all contributed. And we are not stronger for it.

Quick Reply