Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

City charged over FFP rules

Read 7146 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 493 posts | 46 
      City charged over FFP rules
      Feb 07, 2023 06:42:16 pm
      Is it a surprise? No but I've heard that we could be awarded the Prem Titles we lost out to them by a point especially, would be great to receive them but you know it won't happen, City will prob get away with it again as big money talks in football
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Re: City charged over FFP rules
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2023 06:45:57 pm
      Rather them strip them of the titles and void the seasons winners, wouldn’t feel right being given them now.
      Then fine them a substantial amount of prize money from each season. Multiple year transfer embargo and boot them as far down the league system as possible.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2023 06:50:34 pm
      City fans still think they are the Victims it is incredible. No fine will hurt them only relegation and transfer ban will come close to what they deserve. Maybe an Asterix alongside their EPL titles with a note saying won whilst cheating the other 19 clubs
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2023 07:46:11 pm
      The Court of Arbitration for Sport helped them get off a 2 year ban of European competition in July 2020. Ban was for breach of FFP. Overstating sponsorship revenue.And for selling ice cream with no chocolate on...typical Mancheater City.

Charge sheet this time is over 100 breaches of FFP rules. Wriggle out of this if you can. I suspect the Premier League will fudge it and just fine them £5m or so. Pathetic.

Don't how Pep puts up with them...mmm....£15m a season...oh..yes..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2023 08:08:52 pm
      Money has no effect when you have bag of it hit them hard they have cheated
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2023 09:10:29 pm
      I suppose if the Club financial Control Body (CFCB) for UEFA actually banned them from Europe for 2 years for overstating the value of sponsorships deals when in reality it was the owners money. They dodged that ban, they claimed the charges were timed out effectively

These 'new' charges are being brought in by the Premier League, but the case will be heard by an independent commission. Mancheater City dodged the UEFA charges because of a 'time bar' on the charges, but the Premier League do not have a 'time bar' on these charges. They go back 9 years. Can't claim the charges are 'timed out' this time.

City will find it very difficult to brush off these charges and in turn the Premier League, if City are found guilty, then they can't justify anything less than a ban from the Premier League. That means into Division 1 or worse. But will they fudge it ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2023 09:36:17 pm
      I don't see anything too drastic happening to City, likely just points deduction like Juventus did.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2023 09:49:28 pm
      Fine would obviously be meaningless, the whole point is that money is no object for them.

Points deductions, transfer embargo and a wage cap. Ideally, kick the owners out as not fit and proper, but that's not going to happen.

I also like Walton's idea of an asterisk next to their titles. Would sting a bit that. Would put others off as well (hello Chavs!).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Feb 08, 2023 08:50:23 am
      City fans still think they are the Victims it is incredible. No fine will hurt them only relegation and transfer ban will come close to what they deserve. Maybe an Asterix alongside their EPL titles with a note saying won whilst cheating the other 19 clubs

I dunno but I hope they do a Glasgow Rangers and take a trip to the bottom division in the league, they have cheated their way for over 10years, it’s just so blatantly obvious now that they will always have the tag ‘Dodgy Fuckers’ associated with them, wherever they go whatever they do, basically they are just a bunch of Cheating Cnuts and should be treated accordingly,

I’d be throwing the book at them, harshest punishment of all is stripping away their Ill gotten gains and sinking them to the bottom of English football, where they can look forward to a local derby with noisy neighbours Stockport County !!!

Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 749 posts | 127 
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2023 09:01:03 am
      Would the ultimate sanction not be for the PL to bin off the current City owners and put FSG in their place.?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #10: Feb 08, 2023 09:44:10 am
      Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but if found guilty and stripped of their titles and LFC were then awarded those titles, due to coming second, that would feel vacuous to me. The winning of it is of its time, and that time has passed. Strip them and demote them by all means.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Feb 08, 2023 10:57:27 am
      https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html
      there is also an article from the Guardian who question the CAS ruling.city fans still believe its a witch hunt but why would a German News outlet have a gripe with them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Feb 08, 2023 10:58:39 am
      The Court of Arbitration for Sport helped them get off a 2 year ban of European competition in July 2020. Ban was for breach of FFP. Overstating sponsorship revenue.And for selling ice cream with no chocolate on...typical Mancheater City.

Charge sheet this time is over 100 breaches of FFP rules. Wriggle out of this if you can. I suspect the Premier League will fudge it and just fine them £5m or so. Pathetic.

Don't how Pep puts up with them...mmm....£15m a season...oh..yes..

wonder who else is paying him and the Haaland deal this season is just laughable
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #13: Feb 08, 2023 11:22:25 am
      They should be demoted to
      League 2, like Juventus where

It’s cheating what they have done and everyone knows it

Let them start from scratch again, they can keep the players but have to meet ffp in league 2 and so on
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Feb 08, 2023 12:19:08 pm
      this the response from Mansour
       Following the first instance hearing before UEFA, which the club lost, owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, said that he would “rather spend £30m on the 50 best lawyers” than accept the club’s punishment.
      Lord Panick will represent City and will earn anything upto £10k per hour or more than DeBruyne.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #15: Feb 08, 2023 02:02:57 pm
      Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but if found guilty and stripped of their titles and LFC were then awarded those titles, due to coming second, that would feel vacuous to me. The winning of it is of its time, and that time has passed. Strip them and demote them by all means.

Very much so and i would not want that to happen. The players may have been acquired by going around the rules, but the players themselves did not cheat on the field.

What's even more annoying is how luck they were. Kompany's thunderbastard from well outside the box is one in a million shot for a CB. He doesn't hit that and we win the title. Then you have the botched VAR call where Everton did not get that penalty from a handball late in the game. VAR doesn't f**k up and we win the title.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2023 02:08:16 pm by CT_LFC »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      Reply #16: Feb 08, 2023 02:13:23 pm
      Very much so and i would not want that to happen. The players may have been acquired by going around the rules, but the players themselves did not cheat on the field.

What's even more annoying is how luck they were. Kompany's thunderbastard from well outside the box is one in a million shot for a CB. He doesn't hit that and we win the title. Then you have the botched VAR call where Everton did not get that penalty from a handball late in the game. VAR doesn't f**k up and we win the title.

Spot on mate, Cities player’s are not to blame, simple as that, they have simply fulfilled their obligation to their club, blame lies with their owners and officials of the club, even Pep is blameless, he used all the tools offered to him, including the cheque book!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #17: Feb 08, 2023 02:19:07 pm
      The implication I made earlier was that if UEFA can dish out a 2 year ban of European competitions, and then if the independent commission acting for the Premier League, find Mancheater City guilty of breaking FFP rules 101 times or for the majority of the charges...well then surely the PL are snookered.

A precedent in terms of punishment has been set. By UEFA no less. A comparative 2 year ban would demote City into Division 1.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,747 posts | 858 
      Reply #18: Feb 08, 2023 02:44:06 pm
      I welcome this piece of news, but I think we are all allowed to show a bit (if not a lot) of skepticism about anything coming out of this. They've been breaking the rules in a semi-hidden way ever since the club was acquired with pretty much everyone calling the PL, FA, and pretty much every other footballing authority that has jurisdiction in the matter and nothing happened. Now all of a sudden they are going to be punished? Too many layers of skepticism for me to believe something will happen really. I'll believe it when I see it.

When I say ''something'' I am talking about something meaningful that would actually both force them to change their ways and send a message out to other teams. Unfortunately, a two windows transfer ban and a 50 million pounds fine or something in those waters is not that at all as far as I'm concerned unless you're investigating a mid table championship side.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Feb 08, 2023 02:47:38 pm
      The implication I made earlier was that if UEFA can dish out a 2 year ban of European competitions, and then if the independent commission acting for the Premier League, find Mancheater City guilty of breaking FFP rules 101 times or for the majority of the charges...well then surely the PL are snookered.

A precedent in terms of punishment has been set. By UEFA no less. A comparative 2 year ban would demote City into Division 1.

Cas dismissed a lot of stuff because  the data evidence was out of date they were still found guilty and of not co-operating. These limitations are no longer in play. This is the EPL's playground now and City have signed up to the rules
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Feb 08, 2023 02:49:33 pm

Spot on mate, Cities player’s are not to blame, simple as that, they have simply fulfilled their obligation to their club, blame lies with their owners and officials of the club, even Pep is blameless, he used all the tools offered to him, including the cheque book!!

are they though unless most of them cant count past 10 they go away and talk to other players playing for bigger teams but earning less for me they are complicit as ignorance is never a defence in Law
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #21: Feb 08, 2023 02:52:55 pm
      Cas dismissed a lot of stuff because  the data evidence was out of date they were still found guilty and of not co-operating. These limitations are no longer in play. This is the EPL's playground now and City have signed up to the rules

Well yes, the 'time bar' is not applicable on the PL charges. Lets see if the Premier League bottle it, if City are found guilty, which is almost a given as UEFA have already found them guilty of the same or very similar charges.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #22: Feb 08, 2023 04:03:49 pm
      6 point deduction in the 27/28 season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2023 04:23:32 pm

Suspended for the next 150 years
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2023 04:48:49 pm
      they claim to have the second most expensive Brand in Football as noted by "Brand Finance" who have an office in Abu Dhabi.
      get over to Blue moon its like an alternative reality they have done nothing wrong other than play better football.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,747 posts | 858 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2023 05:01:07 pm
      they claim to have the second most expensive Brand in Football as noted by "Brand Finance" who have an office in Abu Dhabi.
      get over to Blue moon its like an alternative reality they have done nothing wrong other than play better football.
      Spot on, they built an alternative reality with the unlimited cash flow they have and now its either you play by the rules of their alternative reality or you are ''targeting them''. The sad thing is that so far, all the institutions that can and could've done something about that have either stood there and done nothing or played by the rules of this alternative reality. Now all of a sudden the PL is supposedly going to be bring down the hammer...I'm pretty skeptical about anything meaningful happening.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2023 06:10:52 pm
      I remember reading an article where it said they were using their own companies as sponsors. Basically taking money from one hand and putting it in the other and calling it income. Dirty dirty bas**rds
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2023 06:21:36 pm
      I remember reading an article where it said they were using their own companies as sponsors. Basically taking money from one hand and putting it in the other and calling it income. Dirty dirty bas**rds

They not only used their own companies as sponsors, they CREATED companies to become sponsors, with the intent on furnishing them with any absurd amount of money they required.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,825 posts | 3384 
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2023 06:24:35 pm

They have also created companies with P.O. Box addresss
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2023 06:30:46 pm

But if the one more players they invested in with false income, had not been there, they likely would have failed to win those titles. We’ll never know to be sure, but the fact they were won by cheating, they need to be removed from the records, and every club that came runners up, be rightly awarded those titles. Fines will have no effect, relegation to div 2 would.
      The owners should also be banned from owning a EPL club as they are clearly not fit for purpose.
      The EPL has an opportunity to show it has some backbone and send out a message to all other clubs !
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2023 06:35:41 pm
      A little of breakdown in lamen terms for people some of the sht these cockroaches, maggots, left over jiz wiped with a paper towel of a club have done

Not just that, I think city’s argument is what they have done is within the rules, whether it is morally right or wrong, it’s within the rules. Much like Chelsea this summer, found a loophole and city feel they’ve done the same

Except premier league and UEFA thought it’s not the case as they have just broken the rules

It all depends on how water tight the rules are for the premier league

Some of the stuff I can’t fathom being correct and if there is a loophole it’s shocking

Manager contracts outsourced to another holding company to take the majority of the expense so in effect city are taking a big salary off their books, let’s be honest, it has to be more than just the manager surely they did this with, they probably left some players wage ratio with the main city accounts to make it look legit

They sold player marketing rights eg image rights to a third party company, this third party company is owned by the owners of city, the accounts of the team then reported this as income but they then sold ongoing expense related to player image rights to the same company for £1

So they basically banked a lot of income to boost their revenue but got rid of the expense, all within their own web of companies

And of course the most obvious one, sponsoring themselves which we all know of

I believe it took the premier league a long time to get the identity of these owners and details of the transactions and even then they had to do it on their own with leaks etc as city did not be truthful, hence why they been charged for concealing and not being helpful to the investigation

It’s clear city know they are cheating and are simply throwing as much money as possible to get rid of the issue

What’s good for us is the premier league much like the fa had a kangaroo court, and the independent committee simply gives their decision and that’s it, no appeal or anything, so if like UEFA city are found guilty

I do actually think they will get a huge huge punishment, possible points deduction at minimum but but a demotion of leagues seems likely, the commission would look at Italian league as an example of what they have as a punishment

Personally I believe their trophies won should be annulled for the years in question,

we would have won so much more as a club if we had a level playing field with city

If there is a club that needs to die and be reborn, it is them, people may think it’s extreme as it belongs to the community and so on but the foundations of the club is cheating, all of its success is cheating, they had no history till they started cheating and we all know that’s true, city are literally the mafia of football, came in with unlimited funds, cheated and did what was needed to win, and it’s cost legit clubs like us titles. The club should be demoted, or shut down and then restarted, it’s just a crook club who has cheated to gain its wins
      Tadders

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2023 06:35:49 pm
      There are only a few times in sporting history when justice has been served (please add\correct me):

1) Lance Armstrong
      2) Juventus
      3) FIFA

In no particular order these 3 things were huge...and these 3 disgraceful things were actually punished.

HOWEVER

What do they all have in common?

Nothing has changed since their punishment. Corruption still exists, money always wins.

So whilst we can chuckle at this, in 10 years time we will be looking at Newcastle or even us with crooked, corrupt money and it all goes round and round.

Sport is officially dead in terms of fairness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2023 08:49:28 pm
      It won’t ever happen, but hypothetically speaking - if they got sent down to League 1 or 2, there’s a salary cap in those leagues, they’d have to get rid of literally every player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2023 09:45:06 pm
      It won’t ever happen, but hypothetically speaking - if they got sent down to League 1 or 2, there’s a salary cap in those leagues, they’d have to get rid of literally every player.

Theoretically those divisions don’t have to accept them either.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2023 10:01:26 pm
      Theoretically those divisions don’t have to accept them either.

Yeah read that. Think it’s even less likely they wouldn’t get accepted into the league than it is they get booted out the PL. Them being in League 2 would bring a lot more eyes to the football leagues and in turn, more £££.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2023 10:12:58 pm
      It would be fantastic if they did a ‘Rangers’ and had to start at the bottom of  the pyramid.

Doubt anything will happen other than some small fine and a suspended sentence of some kind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2023 10:15:56 pm
      It would be fantastic if they did a ‘Rangers’ and had to start at the bottom of  the pyramid.

Doubt anything will happen other than some small fine and a suspended sentence of some kind.

Don’t know if I want them booted out the league and stripped of their titles more so it benefits us or just because their fans are a bunch of cu*ts. Never have I come across a City fan and thought “yeah, you’re sound you are lad” - they really do think they’re something special and entitled to some sort of footballing royalty. You can add that rat Bernardo Silva to that too, f**king pr**k, the look on his face would be priceless. w**ker.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2023 10:24:02 pm
      Inflating sponsorship deals to get around the rules is cheating - it's as simple as that. 

Titles stripped from the records and a lengthy transfer ban.  I'm not sure how English football could square sending one of it's representatives to European competition if they are found guilty of their crimes.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #39: Feb 08, 2023 10:35:29 pm
      I hope to see points deductions and fines if City are found liable of the most serious offences. I think the punishment should also apply to the period in which the cheating in fact took place and not simply the here and now. Recall that Swindon got relegated 30 odd years ago for dodgy undeclared payments.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2023 10:45:22 pm
      Is there a remnant of the old Man City club from back in the day that could be restored with a departure of the current owners? Are those true supporters of Man City from way back when still around or did they leave when the club had its soul ripped out?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #41: Feb 08, 2023 11:51:52 pm
      This predicament that City have brought upon themselves should sound alarm bells out to any club prepared to sell out to any of these State backed investment funds. They are evil, and although they come laden with endless pots of gold, in time they will drag your club into a sewer of greed and treachery. All clubs should steer clear, especially ours, and retain your/our core identity and values.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #42: Feb 09, 2023 12:29:46 am
      This predicament that City have brought upon themselves should sound alarm bells out to any club prepared to sell out to any of these State backed investment funds. They are evil, and although they come laden with endless pots of gold, in time they will drag your club into a sewer of greed and treachery. All clubs should steer clear, especially ours, and retain your/our core identity and values.

Dead right.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      Reply #43: Feb 09, 2023 09:36:18 am
      are they though unless most of them cant count past 10 they go away and talk to other players playing for bigger teams but earning less for me they are complicit as ignorance is never a defence in Law

Possibly mate, but for me they’re just professional sportsmen, plying their trade for a dodgy cheating club, if KDB or that ugly Cnut Foden played for us you wouldn’t think the way you do about them ??

I’m sure they are party to certain things that go on, but they won’t put their position at risk by poking a hornets nest, and nor would any of us to be honest!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      Reply #44: Feb 09, 2023 09:45:21 am
      A little of breakdown in lamen terms for people some of the sht these cockroaches, maggots, left over jiz wiped with a paper towel of a club have done

Not just that, I think city’s argument is what they have done is within the rules, whether it is morally right or wrong, it’s within the rules. Much like Chelsea this summer, found a loophole and city feel they’ve done the same

Except premier league and UEFA thought it’s not the case as they have just broken the rules

Some of the stuff I can’t fathom being correct and if there is a loophole it’s shocking

Manager contracts outsourced to another holding company to take the majority of the expense so in effect city are taking a big salary off their books, let’s be honest, it has to be more than just the manager surely they did this with, they probably left some players wage ratio with the main city accounts to make it look legit

They sold player marketing rights eg image rights to a third party company, this third party company is owned by the owners of city, the accounts of the team then reported this as income but they then sold ongoing expense related to player image rights to the same company for £1

So they basically banked a lot of income to boost their revenue but got rid of the expense, all within their own web of companies

I believe it took the premier league a long time to get the identity of these owners and details of the transactions and even then they had to do it on their own with leaks etc as city did not be truthful, hence why they been charged for concealing and not being helpful to the investigation

It’s clear city know they are cheating and are simply throwing as much money as possible to get rid of the issue

What’s good for us is the premier league much like the fa had a kangaroo court, and the independent committee simply gives their decision and that’s it, no appeal or anything, so if like UEFA city are found guilty

I do actually think they will get a huge huge punishment, possible points deduction at minimum but but a demotion of leagues seems likely, the commission would look at Italian league as an example of what they have as a punishment

Personally I believe their trophies won should be annulled for the years in question,

we would have won so much more as a club if we had a level playing field with city

If there is a club that needs to die and be reborn, it is them, people may think it’s extreme as it belongs to the community and so on but the foundations of the club is cheating, all of its success is cheating, they had no history till they started cheating and we all know that’s true, city are literally the mafia of football, came in with unlimited funds, cheated and did what was needed to win, and it’s cost legit clubs like us titles. The club should be demoted, or shut down and then restarted, it’s just a crook club who has cheated to gain its wins

Excellent post, opened my eyes to some of the rumblings that that f***in lot get up to, interesting though how you describe jiz and paper towels, we all know you’re a W⚓️ mate, but now we know how you clean up 😜🫣🤣🤣

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2023 10:09:25 am
      City fans want UTD, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea investigated for the last 20 years which shows how little they know about what they have done. Now the Super league has popped up again maybe some state like Qatar could offer even more lucrative deals than Uefa for teams .Just when you think money and cheating has been exposed for what it is these idiots show up again.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,634 posts | 141 
      Reply #46: Feb 09, 2023 11:07:35 am
      Not again with this Super league sh*te
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #47: Feb 09, 2023 04:20:29 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #48: Feb 09, 2023 04:31:16 pm
      "Pep..so you don't actually work for Mancheater City"

Pep.."no I don't work for them"

"But your the manager.."

" I just do it on a voluntary basis....passes the time an I don't like gardening.."

"..mmm...I see..."
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #49: Feb 09, 2023 06:26:28 pm

If anyone struggles to still understand what I’m saying

Here is an article at what those parasites did

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-ffp-image-right-deals-a7621641.html

Summary, they sold their image rights but refused to disclose the company they sold it too, why? Because the company was owned by their own directors, the money was over 20m per year and helped them meet ffp

In the SAME year they sold their branding rights to their women’s team and sister club for even more money, see the problem? They sold the same branding/image rights twice and recorded them as different wordings

They also found a loophole to sell it to any business

They also sold the expenses for any pr up keep for a pound to these clubs so they pay city to advertise and so on, a fckn pound ! That don’t even get to a large snicker bar these days

The company they sold the rights too also do nothing else yet city claim they are legit

They also paid their manager a base salary of around 1m, the rest they paid with their other companies

City have also refused to provide any contracts or the source of some of these companies they have arrangements with, hence why they have been charged for failing to disclose

In public They keep saying they have given everything and so on

The premier league had to hire subject matter experts to trawl through everything, I would imagine expert accountants, they then had to contact city, wait weeks for a response that contained little information to assist and had to dig themselves to find the information to build a solid case

City will be guilty, I’m certain of it, the question is the punishment, over 100 breaches, we know spots are some but how many player contracts is the issue?

See kompany sand his recent press release ? Guess what city hired a company by company and paid them huge amounts when he was playing, in the millions, why do you think kompany is backing city, he knew they were paying him underhand the fckn weasel

I also expect pep will leave once city are guilty as he said he would in the past 
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,747 posts | 858 
      Reply #50: Feb 09, 2023 07:31:56 pm
      You are absolutely correct. The sad part is good luck telling that to the droves of 12 year-old kids lining up to defend this idea on various social media platforms and even more good luck telling that to the droves of fans who will regress from fully grown adult men and women brains to 12 year-old ones once our name is reliably linked to any of those State backed funds.

So far, it seems the strategy seems to be to drown the issue out by generating an insane amount of noise (counter noise) and as far as I can tell it works. For instance, imagine next week an official bid from one of those Oil states is made and FSG refuses on the grounds that they are only looking to sell to good custodians. I have no doubt there would be nowhere online (including that forum) you could go on and hear read a balanced debate/comment about a situation like this one. It would be the ''12 year-old insanity program'' we've seen with the City fans and to a certain extent the Newcastle fans but even worse considering our fanbase is larger.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #51: Feb 09, 2023 08:36:05 pm
      It all depends on mentality

I don’t care who owns the club, as long as they are not sanctioned and are legal etc

I know everyone thinks all rich billionaires break the rules, but we may get lucky a little bit, all we need is an owner who is willing to invest but stay within the rules

Remember we are already generating a lot of revenue, our training stadium and ground is well done up, so it with be as bad for us imo

I would argue even with Newcastle, the current ownership are doing it right so far

And it isn’t just state backed, look at Chelsea for example ? What they have done is also find a loophole, just as bad as city and no doubt they will have breached ffp but probably don’t care as they will inflate some sort of sponsorship value and that’s an American billionaire

Either way whoever takes us over will be a billionaire but you can see state backed and an American both stretch the rules, what we need is the right person, whatever the nationality
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #52: Feb 09, 2023 09:53:47 pm
      And in other sportswashing news, the women's world cup in Oz/NZ is going to be sponsored by the Saudi Arabian tourism agency.
      Clearly FIFA wanted to remind everyone that they are the most shameless, money obsessed organisation in the world.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #53: Feb 09, 2023 11:16:51 pm
      It all depends on mentality

I don’t care who owns the club, as long as they are not sanctioned and are legal etc

I know everyone thinks all rich billionaires break the rules, but we may get lucky a little bit, all we need is an owner who is willing to invest but stay within the rules

Remember we are already generating a lot of revenue, our training stadium and ground is well done up, so it with be as bad for us imo

I would argue even with Newcastle, the current ownership are doing it right so far

And it isn’t just state backed, look at Chelsea for example ? What they have done is also find a loophole, just as bad as city and no doubt they will have breached ffp but probably don’t care as they will inflate some sort of sponsorship value and that’s an American billionaire

Either way whoever takes us over will be a billionaire but you can see state backed and an American both stretch the rules, what we need is the right person, whatever the nationality
      You are certifiably wrong. Newcastle United FC is 80% owned by PIF. It is chaired by the bone saw cutting Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Secondly not all multi billionaires are rotten to the core as you seem to think.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #54: Feb 10, 2023 07:06:32 am
      You are certifiably wrong. Newcastle United FC is 80% owned by PIF. It is chaired by the bone saw cutting Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Secondly not all multi billionaires are rotten to the core as you seem to think.

What the heck? The point of post is to say they are indeed not all rotten :/ Did you even read it ?

Maybe you quoted the wrong person:/ what I said is you could have the any rich owner not playing by the rules, despite of nationality as shown by city and Chelsea

What we need is to strike a bit lucky is to get one who invests money but stays within the rules
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #55: Feb 10, 2023 10:50:46 am
      What the heck? The point of post is to say they are indeed not all rotten :/ Did you even read it ?

Maybe you quoted the wrong person:/ what I said is you could have the any rich owner not playing by the rules, despite of nationality as shown by city and Chelsea

What we need is to strike a bit lucky is to get one who invests money but stays within the rules
      I did read it, and have just reread it; You're point about billionaires is vague....other than the obvious it's better to attract one who is on the right side of the law. My reply dealt mostly with you're comments about Newcastle.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #56: Feb 10, 2023 12:13:52 pm
      Anyone wanting to see City punished severely on this (which they should if the charges are true) and yet at the same time wanting us to be bought out by similar ilk Qatari moneybags...well I'd love to hear your reasoning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #57: Feb 10, 2023 12:34:57 pm
      Anyone wanting to see City punished severely on this (which they should if the charges are true) and yet at the same time wanting us to be bought out by similar ilk Qatari moneybags...well I'd love to hear your reasoning.

if you cant beat them join them.
      On our current business plan we will be out of the CL not just this year but in the forseeable future.  Football is awash with dodgy money and corrupt officials there is no trophy for being decent honest and truthful. I would be happy to see it collapse in on itself and start again. When Sky came in in 1992 the game changed for ever now we have others sniffing around the trough in the Super league. its a dangerous game flying the higher morale value flag.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #58: Feb 10, 2023 12:46:29 pm
      On our current business plan we will be out of the CL not just this year but in the forseeable future.  Football is awash with dodgy money and corrupt officials there is no trophy for being decent honest and truthful. I would be happy to see it collapse in on itself and start again. When Sky came in in 1992 the game changed for ever now we have others sniffing around the trough in the Super league. its a dangerous game flying the higher morale value flag.
      There's nothing dangerous in"Flying the moral flag" as you put it. Football is drowning in a sea of dirty money, and we are well served by trying to challenge that, not, as you suggest with your " If you can't beat them join them" argument. Millions of German's subscribed to that trope in the 1930's...and we all know where that led.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #59: Feb 10, 2023 01:24:23 pm
      I did read it, and have just reread it; You're point about billionaires is vague....other than the obvious it's better to attract one who is on the right side of the law. My reply dealt mostly with you're comments about Newcastle.

Many business and countries do things that result in death

Heck I’m sure you use companies that do that, of course I am not condoning what was done but it’s everywhere in life

Think of shell/Italy and Iraq as an example, they have murdered 100s with poison

I’m not sure what is vague about stating it doesn’t matter if someone is Arab as if you look at the American one as Chelsea they are also bending the rules, I’m not sure what’s vague about stating we need a billionaire that plays by the rules either but whatever I guess

It’s important for people not to take the moral high ground, the country we live in for example has killed innocents too, let’s not pretend we have wings
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #60: Feb 10, 2023 01:25:49 pm

Had they not broken the rules they would have been fine owners

So we need someone who is rich, but won’t break the rules, simple really. Our base is also much higher and we don’t need as much investment after purchase. Just a consistent season after season transfer investment as the clubs revenue deals with the rest
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #61: Feb 10, 2023 04:28:19 pm

At least your being realistic. Picking and choosing where you apply your moral compass is slightly hypocritical . It's a global economy and although in this case we can probably pinpoint the source of the funds,it's obviously out of our hands.

In a lot of other scenarios we can make a choice based on moralities but how many actually do that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #62: Feb 10, 2023 04:35:48 pm
      There's nothing dangerous in"Flying the moral flag" as you put it. Football is drowning in a sea of dirty money, and we are well served by trying to challenge that, not, as you suggest with your " If you can't beat them join them" argument. Millions of German's subscribed to that trope in the 1930's...and we all know where that led.

grow up this is football not Germany 1930's FFS what a stupid ignorant thing to post. The world is drowning in dirty money not just football.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Feb 10, 2023 04:40:12 pm
      At least your being realistic. Picking and choosing where you apply your moral compass is slightly hypocritical . It's a global economy and although in this case we can probably pinpoint the source of the funds,it's obviously out of our hands.

In a lot of other scenarios we can make a choice based on moralities but how many actually do that.

its dangerous to take a higher morale ground without assessing all the facts.
      China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

I wonder how many people know what this list represents and the connection to our owners.
      Let him without sin cast the first stone springs to mind

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #64: Feb 10, 2023 04:46:14 pm

Heck I’m sure you use companies that do that, of course I am not condoning what was done but it’s everywhere in life

Think of shell/Italy and Iraq as an example, they have murdered 100s with poison

I’m not sure what is vague about stating it doesn’t matter if someone is Arab as if you look at the American one as Chelsea they are also bending the rules, I’m not sure what’s vague about stating we need a billionaire that plays by the rules either but whatever I guess

It’s important for people not to take the moral high ground, the country we live in for example has killed innocents too, let’s not pretend we have wings
      If for a minute you think the UK shares a common approach to Human rights with the autocratic despots of the Middle East, then you are  living in cloud cuckoo land.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #65: Feb 10, 2023 04:49:20 pm
      grow up this is football not Germany 1930's FFS what a stupid ignorant thing to post. The world is drowning in dirty money not just football.
      Nothing more ignorant than adopting an If you can't beat them viewpoint.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #66: Feb 10, 2023 04:56:18 pm

On the contrary....It is important that people subscribe to the moral high ground, it's the route to a fairer world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #67: Feb 10, 2023 04:59:35 pm
      If for a minute you think the UK shares a common approach to Human rights with the autocratic despots of the Middle East, then you are  living in cloud cuckoo land.

We just sell them arms instead.

UK is and always will be about the money!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #68: Feb 10, 2023 05:19:40 pm
      On the contrary....It is important that people subscribe to the moral high ground, it's the route to a fairer world.

I imagine every Tom, Dick and Barry knows where you stand on this issue. So can I ask you, assuming the bad guys buy us, how will you withdraw your support ?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #69: Feb 10, 2023 06:18:23 pm
      I imagine every Tom, Dick and Barry knows where you stand on this issue. So can I ask you, assuming the bad guys buy us, how will you withdraw your support ?
      I don't know....It's far from certain it'll happen.
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #70: Feb 10, 2023 06:45:41 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64598036

'ey up Pep's got the hump..ahaaa....'Infamy..infamy...they've all got in for me'. Conspiracy nut. Having a pop at us, cheeky sod. Gawd almighty...how much are they paying this guy.

Behind the grimace he's trying to claim we all corrupt...19 clubs ganging up on poor old Mancheater....Aha...says Pep..."wait till you go under the microscope"....
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #71: Feb 10, 2023 06:47:57 pm
      ..the club proved they were completely innocent....
      The little twister
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #72: Feb 10, 2023 06:50:11 pm
      Pep this afternoon going all out conspiracy theory. Seems he believes that City are victims of an organised attack on his patch by the other 19 Premier league clubs. Infantile paranoid ramblings of a man who knows, and we know, they are guilty as charged....Hence his line" just in case we are not innocent"
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #73: Feb 10, 2023 06:51:24 pm

Sorry but you are very very naive

You wear clothes from blood money

Yiu fuel your car from blood oil

Where is your morals?

I don’t think you really understand how this all works. You buy oil from companies who kill children in getting it, what will you do? Is that not a human right issue ?

You wear clothes where people are working in sweet shops and barely paid a dime ? Where is this moral high round now

We sell arms to countries who kill, we INVADED and killed innocent people in Iraq and Afghan, where is your moral right to this ?

Seriously dude, you are very very naive

This isn’t me attacking you, all we need is a legal owner who doesn’t break the rules and can invest. You need to leave nationality out of this imo
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #74: Feb 10, 2023 06:52:27 pm
      The little twister
      Being acquitted of the charges are seldom proof of innocence.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #75: Feb 10, 2023 07:05:04 pm

Where is your morals?

I don’t think you really understand how this all works. You buy oil from companies who kill children in getting it, what will you do? Is that not a human right issue ?

You wear clothes where people are working in sweet shops and barely paid a dime ? Where is this moral high round now

We sell arms to countries who kill, we INVADED and killed innocent people in Iraq and Afghan, where is your moral right to this ?

This isn’t me attacking you, all we need is a legal owner who doesn’t break the rules and can invest. You need to leave nationality out of this imo
      I'm fully versed in the awful practices that sadly exist under the banner of Global trade. I like your line about working in sweet shops...you're quite funny
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,825 posts | 3384 
      Reply #76: Feb 10, 2023 07:25:57 pm
      its dangerous to take a higher morale ground without assessing all the facts.
      China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

I wonder how many people know what this list represents and the connection to our owners.
      Let him without sin cast the first stone springs to mind

The connection between those wars/conflicts is sweet FA to do with our owners
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #77: Feb 10, 2023 07:40:32 pm
      Nothing more ignorant than adopting an If you can't beat them viewpoint.

how old are you FFS and what is it like to have a single digit IQ
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Feb 10, 2023 09:16:15 pm
      I'm fully versed in the awful practices that sadly exist under the banner of Global trade. I like your line about working in sweet shops...you're quite funny
      The lady who makes chocolate eclairs for me deserves every penny she makes, and MORE!!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #79: Feb 10, 2023 10:13:41 pm
      how old are you FFS and what is it like to have a single digit IQ
      Old enough.....And I have no idea what it's like to have a single digit IQ...Perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me....And please when asking a question do try and put a question mark at the end.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #80: Feb 10, 2023 10:30:44 pm

Where is your morals?

Im sure we all agree, the practices of some other countries is morally wrong. With world trade being what it is, if we all personally sanctioned the goods from the said countries, we'd all be travelling around on horse and cart, and wearing locally sourced woollen clothing.

Perhaps you could tell us how you would protest about these countries, without wearing any of the things they produce, or using their ill gotton oil .

Just out of interest, Do you ever buy and wear replica shirts ?
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #81: Feb 10, 2023 10:49:41 pm
      Popped into bluemoon to look at their thread on this, all I saw is refs are against us HAH even after winning all cups and leagues, how spoilt of a horrible fan base can act like that. Them skitting a female reporter on sky because of her voice and looks. And them bum licking that pleb in charge of Man City Kaldoon is it? They constantly always lick his arse btw from the other unfortunate times I've went there. So no talk about how out of order they've been, no humility nothing, I detest the Man City fan base, Imagine having a pint of water in the pub with a Man City supporter and hearing their not listening ears blocked excuses. Detest that club.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,419 posts | 206 
      Reply #82: Feb 11, 2023 06:45:42 am

Im sure we all agree, the practices of some other countries is morally wrong. With world trade being what it is, if we all personally sanctioned the goods from the said countries, we'd all be travelling around on horse and cart, and wearing locally sourced woollen clothing.

Perhaps you could tell us how you would protest about these countries, without wearing any of the things they produce, or using their ill gotton oil .

Just out of interest, Do you ever buy and wear replica shirts ?

Why would I protest ? You have missed my point entirely. It is that it’s everywhere including football, so before taking the moral high ground in football, look at our everyday life
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #83: Feb 11, 2023 08:11:18 am
      Popped into bluemoon to look at their thread on this, all I saw is refs are against us HAH even after winning all cups and leagues, how spoilt of a horrible fan base can act like that. Them skitting a female reporter on sky because of her voice and looks. And them bum licking that pleb in charge of Man City Kaldoon is it? They constantly always lick his arse btw from the other unfortunate times I've went there. So no talk about how out of order they've been, no humility nothing, I detest the Man City fan base, Imagine having a pint of water in the pub with a Man City supporter and hearing their not listening ears blocked excuses. Detest that club.

More than us  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #84: Feb 11, 2023 08:25:19 am

Liverpool and United is like Thor and Loki. A rivalry born and developed through the ages.

Liverpool and City is like Thor and a rapist lottery winner.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #85: Feb 11, 2023 08:30:56 am
      Liverpool and United is like Thor and Loki. A rivalry born and developed through the ages.

Liverpool and City is like Thor and a rapist lottery winner.

;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #86: Feb 11, 2023 12:29:26 pm
      Why would I protest ? You have missed my point entirely. It is that it’s everywhere including football, so before taking the moral high ground in football, look at our everyday life

tw*t of the highest order
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #87: Feb 11, 2023 01:28:44 pm
      The little twister

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-cas-verdict-ffp-18678521

Long winded to put it mildly. City claimed a lot of the "evidence" should've been ruled "inadmissible" because it came from "criminally obtained documents". Referring to emails hacked by Rui Pinto. Some of the charges were dropped as they were outside the UEFA's 5 year time limit.

The CAS panel more or less said UEFA had not reached the "standard of proof required". Others might claim City covered their financial tracks so well it would need a 100 Sherlocks to get the truth.

The Premier League obviously must've gone through the CAS judgement with a fine toothed comb but still they have indicted City on 101 charges. I'll personally uphold the innocent till proven guilty principle and await Mancheater City's response..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #88: Feb 11, 2023 02:35:15 pm
      https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-cas-verdict-ffp-18678521

Long winded to put it mildly. City claimed a lot of the "evidence" should've been ruled "inadmissible" because it came from "criminally obtained documents". Referring to emails hacked by Rui Pinto. Some of the charges were dropped as they were outside the UEFA's 5 year time limit.

The CAS panel more or less said UEFA had not reached the "standard of proof required". Others might claim City covered their financial tracks so well it would need a 100 Sherlocks to get the truth.

The Premier League obviously must've gone through the CAS judgement with a fine toothed comb but still they have indicted City on 101 charges. I'll personally uphold the innocent till proven guilty principle and await Mancheater City's response..
      Criminally obtained documents, sounds a bit Watergate....Anyone under about 60, look it up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,825 posts | 3384 
      Reply #89: Feb 11, 2023 04:20:36 pm

If City were innocent why did they use delaying tactics against both UEFA and Prem

There is no way on this earth they bring in more legitimate commercial revenue than Real Madrid and Barcelona let alone Utd and ourselves

Everyone knows they have inflated their sponsers and also use false companies to self sponser themselves
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #90: Feb 11, 2023 06:12:33 pm

If City were innocent why did they use delaying tactics against both UEFA and Prem

There is no way on this earth they bring in more legitimate commercial revenue than Real Madrid and Barcelona let alone Utd and ourselves

Everyone knows they have inflated their sponsers and also use false companies to self sponser themselves
      Knowing it is one thing.....Sadly, proving it is another thing entirely.
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #92: Feb 14, 2023 03:13:36 pm
      not a chance in Hell the EPL have shown their hand without covering everything having seen how they weasled out of the Uefa charges. I'd have the EPL massive favourites to have most of these charges proven. If City prolong this every team in the EPL and in Europe will see them trying to avoid the penalty for being found out.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #93: Feb 14, 2023 03:24:27 pm
      not a chance in Hell the EPL have shown their hand without covering everything having seen how they weasled out of the Uefa charges. I'd have the EPL massive favourites to have most of these charges proven. If City prolong this every team in the EPL and in Europe will see them trying to avoid the penalty for being found out.

You would hope so. But they will be paying lawyers handsomely to get them off ... on a technicality ... anything.

Everyone knows they're guilty. The arrogance of them saying they do more revenue than Real Madrid ffs ... what a joke.

Ffp is pretty much dead anyway. If they get away with this then the game is as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #94: Feb 14, 2023 04:22:52 pm

Shell companies that exist only to funnel money.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #95: Feb 22, 2023 03:59:51 pm
      Quote from CT_LFC

...or we hold on to our 2-0 lead v Brighton at home, or Fabinho scores that open goal against City, or Allison clears the ball away at Spurs, or Villa don't hit the iceberg on the last day. Any one of those things happen, and the neighbours not getting a penalty in a game we have no influence over, is irrelevant to us. As it is, I've never seen a VAR score or miss a penalty in my life yet.

Quote from Longy-Shops

Retaining our core identity and values is only good enough to be mid table these days. If you want better than that, well we're going to have to put the money in, that means new owners with long arms and deep pockets.

Newcastle have a warchest available to spend, the mancs are in a bidding war, Chelsea are blowing 500mn quid in one season on players, and we're supposed to be impressed by spending a tenth of that in one window and expect to be competitive?

Not only are we not getting new owners, we're not getting new investment either. If it takes fans to dust off the snake sponsored shirts they used to wear, and a few banners at the gate, maybe the liars and absentee landlords that run this club would get the message.

City are an extreme case. It's not the first time they've been summoned to explain how they do business. Most clubs don't behave like that. It's taken Newcastle only 12 months to jump from the bottom of the heap to dining at the top table. And they haven't even gone mad yet. Alternatively, it's taken us 6 months to slide quietly down the pack, and now everyone must go, because the current owners still want Champions League level income on the back of Championship level expenditure, as they always have.

Quick Reply