Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

City charged over FFP rules

Read 6927 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 493 posts | 46 
      City charged over FFP rules
      Feb 07, 2023 06:42:16 pm
      Is it a surprise? No but I've heard that we could be awarded the Prem Titles we lost out to them by a point especially, would be great to receive them but you know it won't happen, City will prob get away with it again as big money talks in football
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Re: City charged over FFP rules
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2023 06:45:57 pm
      Rather them strip them of the titles and void the seasons winners, wouldn’t feel right being given them now.
      Then fine them a substantial amount of prize money from each season. Multiple year transfer embargo and boot them as far down the league system as possible.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2023 06:50:34 pm
      City fans still think they are the Victims it is incredible. No fine will hurt them only relegation and transfer ban will come close to what they deserve. Maybe an Asterix alongside their EPL titles with a note saying won whilst cheating the other 19 clubs
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2023 07:46:11 pm
      The Court of Arbitration for Sport helped them get off a 2 year ban of European competition in July 2020. Ban was for breach of FFP. Overstating sponsorship revenue.And for selling ice cream with no chocolate on...typical Mancheater City.

Charge sheet this time is over 100 breaches of FFP rules. Wriggle out of this if you can. I suspect the Premier League will fudge it and just fine them ÂŁ5m or so. Pathetic.

Don't how Pep puts up with them...mmm....ÂŁ15m a season...oh..yes..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2023 08:08:52 pm
      Money has no effect when you have bag of it hit them hard they have cheated
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2023 09:10:29 pm
      I suppose if the Club financial Control Body (CFCB) for UEFA actually banned them from Europe for 2 years for overstating the value of sponsorships deals when in reality it was the owners money. They dodged that ban, they claimed the charges were timed out effectively

These 'new' charges are being brought in by the Premier League, but the case will be heard by an independent commission. Mancheater City dodged the UEFA charges because of a 'time bar' on the charges, but the Premier League do not have a 'time bar' on these charges. They go back 9 years. Can't claim the charges are 'timed out' this time.

City will find it very difficult to brush off these charges and in turn the Premier League, if City are found guilty, then they can't justify anything less than a ban from the Premier League. That means into Division 1 or worse. But will they fudge it ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2023 09:36:17 pm
      I don't see anything too drastic happening to City, likely just points deduction like Juventus did.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2023 09:49:28 pm
      Fine would obviously be meaningless, the whole point is that money is no object for them.

Points deductions, transfer embargo and a wage cap. Ideally, kick the owners out as not fit and proper, but that's not going to happen.

I also like Walton's idea of an asterisk next to their titles. Would sting a bit that. Would put others off as well (hello Chavs!).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Feb 08, 2023 08:50:23 am
      City fans still think they are the Victims it is incredible. No fine will hurt them only relegation and transfer ban will come close to what they deserve. Maybe an Asterix alongside their EPL titles with a note saying won whilst cheating the other 19 clubs

I dunno but I hope they do a Glasgow Rangers and take a trip to the bottom division in the league, they have cheated their way for over 10years, it’s just so blatantly obvious now that they will always have the tag ‘Dodgy Fuckers’ associated with them, wherever they go whatever they do, basically they are just a bunch of Cheating Cnuts and should be treated accordingly,

I’d be throwing the book at them, harshest punishment of all is stripping away their Ill gotten gains and sinking them to the bottom of English football, where they can look forward to a local derby with noisy neighbours Stockport County !!!

Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 617 posts | 105 
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2023 09:01:03 am
      Would the ultimate sanction not be for the PL to bin off the current City owners and put FSG in their place.?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #10: Feb 08, 2023 09:44:10 am
      Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but if found guilty and stripped of their titles and LFC were then awarded those titles, due to coming second, that would feel vacuous to me. The winning of it is of its time, and that time has passed. Strip them and demote them by all means.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Feb 08, 2023 10:57:27 am
      https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html
      there is also an article from the Guardian who question the CAS ruling.city fans still believe its a witch hunt but why would a German News outlet have a gripe with them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Feb 08, 2023 10:58:39 am
      The Court of Arbitration for Sport helped them get off a 2 year ban of European competition in July 2020. Ban was for breach of FFP. Overstating sponsorship revenue.And for selling ice cream with no chocolate on...typical Mancheater City.

Charge sheet this time is over 100 breaches of FFP rules. Wriggle out of this if you can. I suspect the Premier League will fudge it and just fine them ÂŁ5m or so. Pathetic.

Don't how Pep puts up with them...mmm....ÂŁ15m a season...oh..yes..

wonder who else is paying him and the Haaland deal this season is just laughable
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #13: Feb 08, 2023 11:22:25 am
      They should be demoted to
      League 2, like Juventus where

It’s cheating what they have done and everyone knows it

Let them start from scratch again, they can keep the players but have to meet ffp in league 2 and so on
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Feb 08, 2023 12:19:08 pm
      this the response from Mansour
       Following the first instance hearing before UEFA, which the club lost, owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, said that he would “rather spend ÂŁ30m on the 50 best lawyers” than accept the club’s punishment.
      Lord Panick will represent City and will earn anything upto ÂŁ10k per hour or more than DeBruyne.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Feb 08, 2023 02:02:57 pm
      Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but if found guilty and stripped of their titles and LFC were then awarded those titles, due to coming second, that would feel vacuous to me. The winning of it is of its time, and that time has passed. Strip them and demote them by all means.

Very much so and i would not want that to happen. The players may have been acquired by going around the rules, but the players themselves did not cheat on the field.

What's even more annoying is how luck they were. Kompany's thunderbastard from well outside the box is one in a million shot for a CB. He doesn't hit that and we win the title. Then you have the botched VAR call where Everton did not get that penalty from a handball late in the game. VAR doesn't f**k up and we win the title.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2023 02:08:16 pm by CT_LFC »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Feb 08, 2023 02:13:23 pm
      Very much so and i would not want that to happen. The players may have been acquired by going around the rules, but the players themselves did not cheat on the field.

What's even more annoying is how luck they were. Kompany's thunderbastard from well outside the box is one in a million shot for a CB. He doesn't hit that and we win the title. Then you have the botched VAR call where Everton did not get that penalty from a handball late in the game. VAR doesn't f**k up and we win the title.

Spot on mate, Cities player’s are not to blame, simple as that, they have simply fulfilled their obligation to their club, blame lies with their owners and officials of the club, even Pep is blameless, he used all the tools offered to him, including the cheque book!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Feb 08, 2023 02:19:07 pm
      The implication I made earlier was that if UEFA can dish out a 2 year ban of European competitions, and then if the independent commission acting for the Premier League, find Mancheater City guilty of breaking FFP rules 101 times or for the majority of the charges...well then surely the PL are snookered.

A precedent in terms of punishment has been set. By UEFA no less. A comparative 2 year ban would demote City into Division 1.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #18: Feb 08, 2023 02:44:06 pm
      I welcome this piece of news, but I think we are all allowed to show a bit (if not a lot) of skepticism about anything coming out of this. They've been breaking the rules in a semi-hidden way ever since the club was acquired with pretty much everyone calling the PL, FA, and pretty much every other footballing authority that has jurisdiction in the matter and nothing happened. Now all of a sudden they are going to be punished? Too many layers of skepticism for me to believe something will happen really. I'll believe it when I see it.

When I say ''something'' I am talking about something meaningful that would actually both force them to change their ways and send a message out to other teams. Unfortunately, a two windows transfer ban and a 50 million pounds fine or something in those waters is not that at all as far as I'm concerned unless you're investigating a mid table championship side.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Feb 08, 2023 02:47:38 pm
      The implication I made earlier was that if UEFA can dish out a 2 year ban of European competitions, and then if the independent commission acting for the Premier League, find Mancheater City guilty of breaking FFP rules 101 times or for the majority of the charges...well then surely the PL are snookered.

A precedent in terms of punishment has been set. By UEFA no less. A comparative 2 year ban would demote City into Division 1.

Cas dismissed a lot of stuff because  the data evidence was out of date they were still found guilty and of not co-operating. These limitations are no longer in play. This is the EPL's playground now and City have signed up to the rules
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Feb 08, 2023 02:49:33 pm

Spot on mate, Cities player’s are not to blame, simple as that, they have simply fulfilled their obligation to their club, blame lies with their owners and officials of the club, even Pep is blameless, he used all the tools offered to him, including the cheque book!!

are they though unless most of them cant count past 10 they go away and talk to other players playing for bigger teams but earning less for me they are complicit as ignorance is never a defence in Law
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Feb 08, 2023 02:52:55 pm
      Cas dismissed a lot of stuff because  the data evidence was out of date they were still found guilty and of not co-operating. These limitations are no longer in play. This is the EPL's playground now and City have signed up to the rules

Well yes, the 'time bar' is not applicable on the PL charges. Lets see if the Premier League bottle it, if City are found guilty, which is almost a given as UEFA have already found them guilty of the same or very similar charges.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #22: Feb 08, 2023 04:03:49 pm
      6 point deduction in the 27/28 season

Quick Reply