Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

City charged over FFP rules

Read 6922 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: City charged over FFP rules
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2023 04:23:32 pm

Suspended for the next 150 years
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2023 04:48:49 pm
      they claim to have the second most expensive Brand in Football as noted by "Brand Finance" who have an office in Abu Dhabi.
      get over to Blue moon its like an alternative reality they have done nothing wrong other than play better football.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2023 05:01:07 pm
      they claim to have the second most expensive Brand in Football as noted by "Brand Finance" who have an office in Abu Dhabi.
      get over to Blue moon its like an alternative reality they have done nothing wrong other than play better football.
      Spot on, they built an alternative reality with the unlimited cash flow they have and now its either you play by the rules of their alternative reality or you are ''targeting them''. The sad thing is that so far, all the institutions that can and could've done something about that have either stood there and done nothing or played by the rules of this alternative reality. Now all of a sudden the PL is supposedly going to be bring down the hammer...I'm pretty skeptical about anything meaningful happening.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2023 06:10:52 pm
      I remember reading an article where it said they were using their own companies as sponsors. Basically taking money from one hand and putting it in the other and calling it income. Dirty dirty bas**rds
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2023 06:21:36 pm
      I remember reading an article where it said they were using their own companies as sponsors. Basically taking money from one hand and putting it in the other and calling it income. Dirty dirty bas**rds

They not only used their own companies as sponsors, they CREATED companies to become sponsors, with the intent on furnishing them with any absurd amount of money they required.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2023 06:24:35 pm

They have also created companies with P.O. Box addresss
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2023 06:30:46 pm
      Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but if found guilty and stripped of their titles and LFC were then awarded those titles, due to coming second, that would feel vacuous to me. The winning of it is of its time, and that time has passed. Strip them and demote them by all means.

But if the one more players they invested in with false income, had not been there, they likely would have failed to win those titles. We’ll never know to be sure, but the fact they were won by cheating, they need to be removed from the records, and every club that came runners up, be rightly awarded those titles. Fines will have no effect, relegation to div 2 would.
      The owners should also be banned from owning a EPL club as they are clearly not fit for purpose.
      The EPL has an opportunity to show it has some backbone and send out a message to all other clubs !
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2023 06:35:41 pm
      A little of breakdown in lamen terms for people some of the sht these cockroaches, maggots, left over jiz wiped with a paper towel of a club have done

Not just that, I think city’s argument is what they have done is within the rules, whether it is morally right or wrong, it’s within the rules. Much like Chelsea this summer, found a loophole and city feel they’ve done the same

Except premier league and UEFA thought it’s not the case as they have just broken the rules

It all depends on how water tight the rules are for the premier league

Some of the stuff I can’t fathom being correct and if there is a loophole it’s shocking

Manager contracts outsourced to another holding company to take the majority of the expense so in effect city are taking a big salary off their books, let’s be honest, it has to be more than just the manager surely they did this with, they probably left some players wage ratio with the main city accounts to make it look legit

They sold player marketing rights eg image rights to a third party company, this third party company is owned by the owners of city, the accounts of the team then reported this as income but they then sold ongoing expense related to player image rights to the same company for ÂŁ1

So they basically banked a lot of income to boost their revenue but got rid of the expense, all within their own web of companies

And of course the most obvious one, sponsoring themselves which we all know of

I believe it took the premier league a long time to get the identity of these owners and details of the transactions and even then they had to do it on their own with leaks etc as city did not be truthful, hence why they been charged for concealing and not being helpful to the investigation

It’s clear city know they are cheating and are simply throwing as much money as possible to get rid of the issue

What’s good for us is the premier league much like the fa had a kangaroo court, and the independent committee simply gives their decision and that’s it, no appeal or anything, so if like UEFA city are found guilty

I do actually think they will get a huge huge punishment, possible points deduction at minimum but but a demotion of leagues seems likely, the commission would look at Italian league as an example of what they have as a punishment

Personally I believe their trophies won should be annulled for the years in question,

we would have won so much more as a club if we had a level playing field with city

If there is a club that needs to die and be reborn, it is them, people may think it’s extreme as it belongs to the community and so on but the foundations of the club is cheating, all of its success is cheating, they had no history till they started cheating and we all know that’s true, city are literally the mafia of football, came in with unlimited funds, cheated and did what was needed to win, and it’s cost legit clubs like us titles. The club should be demoted, or shut down and then restarted, it’s just a crook club who has cheated to gain its wins
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2023 06:35:49 pm
      There are only a few times in sporting history when justice has been served (please add\correct me):

1) Lance Armstrong
      2) Juventus
      3) FIFA

In no particular order these 3 things were huge...and these 3 disgraceful things were actually punished.

HOWEVER

What do they all have in common?

Nothing has changed since their punishment. Corruption still exists, money always wins.

So whilst we can chuckle at this, in 10 years time we will be looking at Newcastle or even us with crooked, corrupt money and it all goes round and round.

Sport is officially dead in terms of fairness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2023 08:49:28 pm
      It won’t ever happen, but hypothetically speaking - if they got sent down to League 1 or 2, there’s a salary cap in those leagues, they’d have to get rid of literally every player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2023 09:45:06 pm
      It won’t ever happen, but hypothetically speaking - if they got sent down to League 1 or 2, there’s a salary cap in those leagues, they’d have to get rid of literally every player.

Theoretically those divisions don’t have to accept them either.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2023 10:01:26 pm
      Theoretically those divisions don’t have to accept them either.

Yeah read that. Think it’s even less likely they wouldn’t get accepted into the league than it is they get booted out the PL. Them being in League 2 would bring a lot more eyes to the football leagues and in turn, more £££.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2023 10:12:58 pm
      It would be fantastic if they did a ‘Rangers’ and had to start at the bottom of  the pyramid.

Doubt anything will happen other than some small fine and a suspended sentence of some kind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2023 10:15:56 pm
      It would be fantastic if they did a ‘Rangers’ and had to start at the bottom of  the pyramid.

Doubt anything will happen other than some small fine and a suspended sentence of some kind.

Don’t know if I want them booted out the league and stripped of their titles more so it benefits us or just because their fans are a bunch of cu*ts. Never have I come across a City fan and thought “yeah, you’re sound you are lad” - they really do think they’re something special and entitled to some sort of footballing royalty. You can add that rat Bernardo Silva to that too, f**king pr**k, the look on his face would be priceless. w**ker.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2023 10:24:02 pm
      Inflating sponsorship deals to get around the rules is cheating - it's as simple as that. 

Titles stripped from the records and a lengthy transfer ban.  I'm not sure how English football could square sending one of it's representatives to European competition if they are found guilty of their crimes.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #39: Feb 08, 2023 10:35:29 pm
      I hope to see points deductions and fines if City are found liable of the most serious offences. I think the punishment should also apply to the period in which the cheating in fact took place and not simply the here and now. Recall that Swindon got relegated 30 odd years ago for dodgy undeclared payments.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2023 10:45:22 pm
      Is there a remnant of the old Man City club from back in the day that could be restored with a departure of the current owners? Are those true supporters of Man City from way back when still around or did they leave when the club had its soul ripped out?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #41: Feb 08, 2023 11:51:52 pm
      This predicament that City have brought upon themselves should sound alarm bells out to any club prepared to sell out to any of these State backed investment funds. They are evil, and although they come laden with endless pots of gold, in time they will drag your club into a sewer of greed and treachery. All clubs should steer clear, especially ours, and retain your/our core identity and values.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #42: Feb 09, 2023 12:29:46 am
      This predicament that City have brought upon themselves should sound alarm bells out to any club prepared to sell out to any of these State backed investment funds. They are evil, and although they come laden with endless pots of gold, in time they will drag your club into a sewer of greed and treachery. All clubs should steer clear, especially ours, and retain your/our core identity and values.

Dead right.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Feb 09, 2023 09:36:18 am
      are they though unless most of them cant count past 10 they go away and talk to other players playing for bigger teams but earning less for me they are complicit as ignorance is never a defence in Law

Possibly mate, but for me they’re just professional sportsmen, plying their trade for a dodgy cheating club, if KDB or that ugly Cnut Foden played for us you wouldn’t think the way you do about them ??

I’m sure they are party to certain things that go on, but they won’t put their position at risk by poking a hornets nest, and nor would any of us to be honest!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44: Feb 09, 2023 09:45:21 am
      A little of breakdown in lamen terms for people some of the sht these cockroaches, maggots, left over jiz wiped with a paper towel of a club have done

Not just that, I think city’s argument is what they have done is within the rules, whether it is morally right or wrong, it’s within the rules. Much like Chelsea this summer, found a loophole and city feel they’ve done the same

Except premier league and UEFA thought it’s not the case as they have just broken the rules

It all depends on how water tight the rules are for the premier league

Some of the stuff I can’t fathom being correct and if there is a loophole it’s shocking

Manager contracts outsourced to another holding company to take the majority of the expense so in effect city are taking a big salary off their books, let’s be honest, it has to be more than just the manager surely they did this with, they probably left some players wage ratio with the main city accounts to make it look legit

They sold player marketing rights eg image rights to a third party company, this third party company is owned by the owners of city, the accounts of the team then reported this as income but they then sold ongoing expense related to player image rights to the same company for ÂŁ1

So they basically banked a lot of income to boost their revenue but got rid of the expense, all within their own web of companies

And of course the most obvious one, sponsoring themselves which we all know of

I believe it took the premier league a long time to get the identity of these owners and details of the transactions and even then they had to do it on their own with leaks etc as city did not be truthful, hence why they been charged for concealing and not being helpful to the investigation

It’s clear city know they are cheating and are simply throwing as much money as possible to get rid of the issue

What’s good for us is the premier league much like the fa had a kangaroo court, and the independent committee simply gives their decision and that’s it, no appeal or anything, so if like UEFA city are found guilty

I do actually think they will get a huge huge punishment, possible points deduction at minimum but but a demotion of leagues seems likely, the commission would look at Italian league as an example of what they have as a punishment

Personally I believe their trophies won should be annulled for the years in question,

we would have won so much more as a club if we had a level playing field with city

If there is a club that needs to die and be reborn, it is them, people may think it’s extreme as it belongs to the community and so on but the foundations of the club is cheating, all of its success is cheating, they had no history till they started cheating and we all know that’s true, city are literally the mafia of football, came in with unlimited funds, cheated and did what was needed to win, and it’s cost legit clubs like us titles. The club should be demoted, or shut down and then restarted, it’s just a crook club who has cheated to gain its wins

Excellent post, opened my eyes to some of the rumblings that that f***in lot get up to, interesting though how you describe jiz and paper towels, we all know you’re a W⚓️ mate, but now we know how you clean up 😜🫣🤣🤣

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2023 10:09:25 am
      City fans want UTD, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea investigated for the last 20 years which shows how little they know about what they have done. Now the Super league has popped up again maybe some state like Qatar could offer even more lucrative deals than Uefa for teams .Just when you think money and cheating has been exposed for what it is these idiots show up again.

Quick Reply