Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

City charged over FFP rules

Read 6921 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Re: City charged over FFP rules
      Reply #46: Feb 09, 2023 11:07:35 am
      Not again with this Super league sh*te
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #47: Feb 09, 2023 04:20:29 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Feb 09, 2023 04:31:16 pm
      "Pep..so you don't actually work for Mancheater City"

Pep.."no I don't work for them"

"But your the manager.."

" I just do it on a voluntary basis....passes the time an I don't like gardening.."

"..mmm...I see..."
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #49: Feb 09, 2023 06:26:28 pm
      A little of breakdown in lamen terms for people some of the sht these cockroaches, maggots, left over jiz wiped with a paper towel of a club have done

Not just that, I think city’s argument is what they have done is within the rules, whether it is morally right or wrong, it’s within the rules. Much like Chelsea this summer, found a loophole and city feel they’ve done the same

Except premier league and UEFA thought it’s not the case as they have just broken the rules

It all depends on how water tight the rules are for the premier league

Some of the stuff I can’t fathom being correct and if there is a loophole it’s shocking

Manager contracts outsourced to another holding company to take the majority of the expense so in effect city are taking a big salary off their books, let’s be honest, it has to be more than just the manager surely they did this with, they probably left some players wage ratio with the main city accounts to make it look legit

They sold player marketing rights eg image rights to a third party company, this third party company is owned by the owners of city, the accounts of the team then reported this as income but they then sold ongoing expense related to player image rights to the same company for £1

So they basically banked a lot of income to boost their revenue but got rid of the expense, all within their own web of companies

And of course the most obvious one, sponsoring themselves which we all know of

I believe it took the premier league a long time to get the identity of these owners and details of the transactions and even then they had to do it on their own with leaks etc as city did not be truthful, hence why they been charged for concealing and not being helpful to the investigation

It’s clear city know they are cheating and are simply throwing as much money as possible to get rid of the issue

What’s good for us is the premier league much like the fa had a kangaroo court, and the independent committee simply gives their decision and that’s it, no appeal or anything, so if like UEFA city are found guilty

I do actually think they will get a huge huge punishment, possible points deduction at minimum but but a demotion of leagues seems likely, the commission would look at Italian league as an example of what they have as a punishment

Personally I believe their trophies won should be annulled for the years in question,

we would have won so much more as a club if we had a level playing field with city

If there is a club that needs to die and be reborn, it is them, people may think it’s extreme as it belongs to the community and so on but the foundations of the club is cheating, all of its success is cheating, they had no history till they started cheating and we all know that’s true, city are literally the mafia of football, came in with unlimited funds, cheated and did what was needed to win, and it’s cost legit clubs like us titles. The club should be demoted, or shut down and then restarted, it’s just a crook club who has cheated to gain its wins

If anyone struggles to still understand what I’m saying

Here is an article at what those parasites did

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-ffp-image-right-deals-a7621641.html

Summary, they sold their image rights but refused to disclose the company they sold it too, why? Because the company was owned by their own directors, the money was over 20m per year and helped them meet ffp

In the SAME year they sold their branding rights to their women’s team and sister club for even more money, see the problem? They sold the same branding/image rights twice and recorded them as different wordings

They also found a loophole to sell it to any business

They also sold the expenses for any pr up keep for a pound to these clubs so they pay city to advertise and so on, a fckn pound ! That don’t even get to a large snicker bar these days

The company they sold the rights too also do nothing else yet city claim they are legit

They also paid their manager a base salary of around 1m, the rest they paid with their other companies

City have also refused to provide any contracts or the source of some of these companies they have arrangements with, hence why they have been charged for failing to disclose

In public They keep saying they have given everything and so on

The premier league had to hire subject matter experts to trawl through everything, I would imagine expert accountants, they then had to contact city, wait weeks for a response that contained little information to assist and had to dig themselves to find the information to build a solid case

City will be guilty, I’m certain of it, the question is the punishment, over 100 breaches, we know spots are some but how many player contracts is the issue?

See kompany sand his recent press release ? Guess what city hired a company by company and paid them huge amounts when he was playing, in the millions, why do you think kompany is backing city, he knew they were paying him underhand the fckn weasel

I also expect pep will leave once city are guilty as he said he would in the past 
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #50: Feb 09, 2023 07:31:56 pm
      This predicament that City have brought upon themselves should sound alarm bells out to any club prepared to sell out to any of these State backed investment funds. They are evil, and although they come laden with endless pots of gold, in time they will drag your club into a sewer of greed and treachery. All clubs should steer clear, especially ours, and retain your/our core identity and values.
      You are absolutely correct. The sad part is good luck telling that to the droves of 12 year-old kids lining up to defend this idea on various social media platforms and even more good luck telling that to the droves of fans who will regress from fully grown adult men and women brains to 12 year-old ones once our name is reliably linked to any of those State backed funds.

So far, it seems the strategy seems to be to drown the issue out by generating an insane amount of noise (counter noise) and as far as I can tell it works. For instance, imagine next week an official bid from one of those Oil states is made and FSG refuses on the grounds that they are only looking to sell to good custodians. I have no doubt there would be nowhere online (including that forum) you could go on and hear read a balanced debate/comment about a situation like this one. It would be the ''12 year-old insanity program'' we've seen with the City fans and to a certain extent the Newcastle fans but even worse considering our fanbase is larger.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #51: Feb 09, 2023 08:36:05 pm
      It all depends on mentality

I don’t care who owns the club, as long as they are not sanctioned and are legal etc

I know everyone thinks all rich billionaires break the rules, but we may get lucky a little bit, all we need is an owner who is willing to invest but stay within the rules

Remember we are already generating a lot of revenue, our training stadium and ground is well done up, so it with be as bad for us imo

I would argue even with Newcastle, the current ownership are doing it right so far

And it isn’t just state backed, look at Chelsea for example ? What they have done is also find a loophole, just as bad as city and no doubt they will have breached ffp but probably don’t care as they will inflate some sort of sponsorship value and that’s an American billionaire

Either way whoever takes us over will be a billionaire but you can see state backed and an American both stretch the rules, what we need is the right person, whatever the nationality
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #52: Feb 09, 2023 09:53:47 pm
      And in other sportswashing news, the women's world cup in Oz/NZ is going to be sponsored by the Saudi Arabian tourism agency.
      Clearly FIFA wanted to remind everyone that they are the most shameless, money obsessed organisation in the world.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #53: Feb 09, 2023 11:16:51 pm
      It all depends on mentality

I don’t care who owns the club, as long as they are not sanctioned and are legal etc

I know everyone thinks all rich billionaires break the rules, but we may get lucky a little bit, all we need is an owner who is willing to invest but stay within the rules

Remember we are already generating a lot of revenue, our training stadium and ground is well done up, so it with be as bad for us imo

I would argue even with Newcastle, the current ownership are doing it right so far

And it isn’t just state backed, look at Chelsea for example ? What they have done is also find a loophole, just as bad as city and no doubt they will have breached ffp but probably don’t care as they will inflate some sort of sponsorship value and that’s an American billionaire

Either way whoever takes us over will be a billionaire but you can see state backed and an American both stretch the rules, what we need is the right person, whatever the nationality
      You are certifiably wrong. Newcastle United FC is 80% owned by PIF. It is chaired by the bone saw cutting Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Secondly not all multi billionaires are rotten to the core as you seem to think.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #54: Feb 10, 2023 07:06:32 am
      You are certifiably wrong. Newcastle United FC is 80% owned by PIF. It is chaired by the bone saw cutting Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Secondly not all multi billionaires are rotten to the core as you seem to think.

What the heck? The point of post is to say they are indeed not all rotten :/ Did you even read it ?

Maybe you quoted the wrong person:/ what I said is you could have the any rich owner not playing by the rules, despite of nationality as shown by city and Chelsea

What we need is to strike a bit lucky is to get one who invests money but stays within the rules
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #55: Feb 10, 2023 10:50:46 am
      What the heck? The point of post is to say they are indeed not all rotten :/ Did you even read it ?

Maybe you quoted the wrong person:/ what I said is you could have the any rich owner not playing by the rules, despite of nationality as shown by city and Chelsea

What we need is to strike a bit lucky is to get one who invests money but stays within the rules
      I did read it, and have just reread it; You're point about billionaires is vague....other than the obvious it's better to attract one who is on the right side of the law. My reply dealt mostly with you're comments about Newcastle.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #56: Feb 10, 2023 12:13:52 pm
      Anyone wanting to see City punished severely on this (which they should if the charges are true) and yet at the same time wanting us to be bought out by similar ilk Qatari moneybags...well I'd love to hear your reasoning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #57: Feb 10, 2023 12:34:57 pm
      Anyone wanting to see City punished severely on this (which they should if the charges are true) and yet at the same time wanting us to be bought out by similar ilk Qatari moneybags...well I'd love to hear your reasoning.

if you cant beat them join them.
      On our current business plan we will be out of the CL not just this year but in the forseeable future.  Football is awash with dodgy money and corrupt officials there is no trophy for being decent honest and truthful. I would be happy to see it collapse in on itself and start again. When Sky came in in 1992 the game changed for ever now we have others sniffing around the trough in the Super league. its a dangerous game flying the higher morale value flag.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #58: Feb 10, 2023 12:46:29 pm
      On our current business plan we will be out of the CL not just this year but in the forseeable future.  Football is awash with dodgy money and corrupt officials there is no trophy for being decent honest and truthful. I would be happy to see it collapse in on itself and start again. When Sky came in in 1992 the game changed for ever now we have others sniffing around the trough in the Super league. its a dangerous game flying the higher morale value flag.
      There's nothing dangerous in"Flying the moral flag" as you put it. Football is drowning in a sea of dirty money, and we are well served by trying to challenge that, not, as you suggest with your " If you can't beat them join them" argument. Millions of German's subscribed to that trope in the 1930's...and we all know where that led.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #59: Feb 10, 2023 01:24:23 pm
      I did read it, and have just reread it; You're point about billionaires is vague....other than the obvious it's better to attract one who is on the right side of the law. My reply dealt mostly with you're comments about Newcastle.

Many business and countries do things that result in death

Heck I’m sure you use companies that do that, of course I am not condoning what was done but it’s everywhere in life

Think of shell/Italy and Iraq as an example, they have murdered 100s with poison

I’m not sure what is vague about stating it doesn’t matter if someone is Arab as if you look at the American one as Chelsea they are also bending the rules, I’m not sure what’s vague about stating we need a billionaire that plays by the rules either but whatever I guess

It’s important for people not to take the moral high ground, the country we live in for example has killed innocents too, let’s not pretend we have wings
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #60: Feb 10, 2023 01:25:49 pm

Had they not broken the rules they would have been fine owners

So we need someone who is rich, but won’t break the rules, simple really. Our base is also much higher and we don’t need as much investment after purchase. Just a consistent season after season transfer investment as the clubs revenue deals with the rest
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Feb 10, 2023 04:28:19 pm

At least your being realistic. Picking and choosing where you apply your moral compass is slightly hypocritical . It's a global economy and although in this case we can probably pinpoint the source of the funds,it's obviously out of our hands.

In a lot of other scenarios we can make a choice based on moralities but how many actually do that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #62: Feb 10, 2023 04:35:48 pm
      There's nothing dangerous in"Flying the moral flag" as you put it. Football is drowning in a sea of dirty money, and we are well served by trying to challenge that, not, as you suggest with your " If you can't beat them join them" argument. Millions of German's subscribed to that trope in the 1930's...and we all know where that led.

grow up this is football not Germany 1930's FFS what a stupid ignorant thing to post. The world is drowning in dirty money not just football.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Feb 10, 2023 04:40:12 pm
      At least your being realistic. Picking and choosing where you apply your moral compass is slightly hypocritical . It's a global economy and although in this case we can probably pinpoint the source of the funds,it's obviously out of our hands.

In a lot of other scenarios we can make a choice based on moralities but how many actually do that.

its dangerous to take a higher morale ground without assessing all the facts.
      China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

I wonder how many people know what this list represents and the connection to our owners.
      Let him without sin cast the first stone springs to mind

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #64: Feb 10, 2023 04:46:14 pm

Heck I’m sure you use companies that do that, of course I am not condoning what was done but it’s everywhere in life

Think of shell/Italy and Iraq as an example, they have murdered 100s with poison

I’m not sure what is vague about stating it doesn’t matter if someone is Arab as if you look at the American one as Chelsea they are also bending the rules, I’m not sure what’s vague about stating we need a billionaire that plays by the rules either but whatever I guess

It’s important for people not to take the moral high ground, the country we live in for example has killed innocents too, let’s not pretend we have wings
      If for a minute you think the UK shares a common approach to Human rights with the autocratic despots of the Middle East, then you are  living in cloud cuckoo land.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #65: Feb 10, 2023 04:49:20 pm
      grow up this is football not Germany 1930's FFS what a stupid ignorant thing to post. The world is drowning in dirty money not just football.
      Nothing more ignorant than adopting an If you can't beat them viewpoint.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #66: Feb 10, 2023 04:56:18 pm

On the contrary....It is important that people subscribe to the moral high ground, it's the route to a fairer world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Feb 10, 2023 04:59:35 pm
      If for a minute you think the UK shares a common approach to Human rights with the autocratic despots of the Middle East, then you are  living in cloud cuckoo land.

We just sell them arms instead.

UK is and always will be about the money!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Feb 10, 2023 05:19:40 pm
      On the contrary....It is important that people subscribe to the moral high ground, it's the route to a fairer world.

I imagine every Tom, Dick and Barry knows where you stand on this issue. So can I ask you, assuming the bad guys buy us, how will you withdraw your support ?

Quick Reply