Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Merseyside Derby : 8pm 13th Feb

Read 9231 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre Match : Merseyside Derby : 8pm 13th Feb
      Feb 08, 2023 10:20:22 pm
      This match is either a great opportunity to restore a lot of good vibes around the club, or it could make things even worse.

What do you expect?
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2023 02:45:03 pm by JD »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre Match : Merseyside Derby : 8pm 13th Feb
      Reply #1: Feb 08, 2023 10:26:06 pm
      50-50 sort of game, with our superior talent forcing the win.
      all to play for to get our season back on track.
      A much needed win on the way !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #2: Feb 08, 2023 10:44:05 pm
      If Lampard was still there we'd beat them....and with Dyce....we'll still beat them. Gakpo brace, and a worldly from Nunez.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3: Feb 08, 2023 11:05:55 pm
      No hiding place need to stand up and be counted .They will exploit any weaknesses and fragility if it becomes scruffy we are in trouble . Henderson will start and wouldn't be surprised to see Milner. Midfield the key got to watch Onana looks a good player
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2023 01:25:49 am
      A win will change nothing but only sugarcoat things. Still I hope we win to settle into a calm mode to rebuild us.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #5: Feb 09, 2023 01:30:34 am
      Who knows. Surely our players will be up for this one?
      Personally I’d resist playing too many of our players who’s ‘Legs have gone’ as this will be a 100mph game that will bypass anyone not keeping up with the pace.

I don’t they have many goals in them and don’t really have a goal threat but we are the gift that keeps giving so that could change.

They will be up for it though. New manager bounce and all that.

2-2
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #6: Feb 09, 2023 07:08:44 am
      Don't think it will be a 100mph game. Expecting us to to force the play and Everton to sit in, waste time and frustrate an already frustrated club.

That said they will have chances, the way we defend as a team makes it inevitable and our centre back partnership will really struggle to win a header v Calvert Lewin.

Anyone's game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7: Feb 09, 2023 07:45:36 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Matip for Philips. He deserves his chance. He will give everything on the pitch as needed.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Feb 09, 2023 09:23:18 am
      f***in tough call this is, a derby is always difficult but this has extra significance, our job is to keep that shitty little entity of a club at the arse end of the table, so they can keep sliding down that helter skelter on their shitty f***in badge,

Let’s get it out there, these Cnuts have been winging it as a EPL club far far too long now, we’ve seen how promoted clubs come up and have a real f***in go at the big time, there have been many over the years, take a look at Brentford, Fulham, Brighton etc, proper clubs who appreciate their standing and risk life and limb to stay in the league, the play a exciting brand of football and have a real go, sometimes they have to park their bus and do anything to survive,

But not f***in Blueshite, irrespective of their efforts and Millions spent, their still f***in winging it, why ?
      Cos of their shitty attitude of believing their still a big club when they’re clearly not, soon as that f***in lot accept that and realise that actually their no bigger than those mentioned above they might just move on, instead of living off 40 years of memories gone by,

Hate these cnuts with a passion, it’s neck & neck between them and the Scummy cnuts at the toilet !!

This has draw written all over it, 1-1, 2-2, as derby’s go I honestly can’t see us winning it, we just simply don’t have the fight in us right now, compared with them cnuts with Dych firing them up, new manager bounce, a boost in confidence….yeah you know where this is going !!……

…..But it’s the derby and anything can happen ??

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 !!

Y  N  W  A
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #9: Feb 09, 2023 09:25:39 am
      If Lampard was still there we'd beat them....and with Dyce....we'll still beat them. Gakpo brace, and a worldly from Nunez.

I admire your delusional optimistic.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10: Feb 09, 2023 09:31:11 am
      Everton will be well up for this and fancy the win so I think a draw is best we'll get out of this.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Feb 09, 2023 02:46:21 pm
      On the form of the last game then Everton would win.  But form goes out of the window so I think it'll be a draw! ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #12: Feb 09, 2023 02:58:01 pm
      Who knows. Surely our players will be up for this one?
      Personally I’d resist playing too many of our players who’s ‘Legs have gone’ as this will be a 100mph game that will bypass anyone not keeping up with the pace.

I don’t they have many goals in them and don’t really have a goal threat but we are the gift that keeps giving so that could change.

They will be up for it though. New manager bounce and all that.

2-2

This is Dyche we're talking about. He'll park the bus and deflate the tires. Will need Alisson and the defense to keep their focus as to not get sucker punched on the counter.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13: Feb 09, 2023 03:15:36 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Matip for Philips. He deserves his chance. He will give everything on the pitch as needed.

Can't for the life of me think of why Gomez should be on the pitch. Phillips and Matip for me.

We are in a sticky spot because anything less than a win will basically be a defeat and on our recent form, a win doesn't seem like a sure thing (even though it should be).

I don't even have the heart to predict a score for this one. Please just win to stop the bleeding.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Feb 09, 2023 03:33:48 pm
      Well if any of our players have downed tools they will stand out like a sore thumb and the crowd will not settle for anything less than 100% from them.
      Just got to win this for no other reason than who the opposition is.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #15: Feb 09, 2023 03:36:22 pm
      Can't for the life of me think of why Gomez should be on the pitch. Phillips and Matip for me.

We are in a sticky spot because anything less than a win will basically be a defeat and on our recent form, a win doesn't seem like a sure thing (even though it should be).

I don't even have the heart to predict a score for this one. Please just win to stop the bleeding.

I'm feeling the same.  We've been so dire for so long now that I don't see where the inspiration comes from.  Gakpo hasn't shown a single moment to suggest he's going to score or create anything, and the less said about Mo's recent form the better....  Maybe the energy from Darwin can create a moment?  Not terribly optimistic though....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Feb 09, 2023 03:55:23 pm

Agreed. Gomez is trash for ages now his form is way worse than Matip's overall.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #17: Feb 09, 2023 03:57:08 pm
      There's a fair chance our 'shitness' won't just disappear all of a sudden so hoping to see baby steps towards normality with 20-30 mins of decent football where we score and shut them out for the rest of the game. I think Hendo should start. I'd also pick Nat after the sh*t show at Molyneaux. There's only so badly defenders can play before someone else deserves a chance. This is a game that need fighters and he's defo one of them.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Feb 09, 2023 04:22:37 pm
      One thing we need to do in a Derby is work hard. Even before the gruffalo pitched up but even more so now. So we have to at least match their workrate. Hasn't been our strong point this season.

Could be a big game for Darwin..I mean he's bound to score  one of these one on one's sooner or later...he's had about 20 goes at it..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Feb 09, 2023 04:27:44 pm

Because Matip is worse.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #20: Feb 09, 2023 05:22:32 pm
      Anyone want to predict our team for this one?
      Radical changes or (tired?) old faithfuls?

Alisson

Trent/Gomez      Matip      Phillips      Robbo

Henderson    Bajcetic    Thiago

Mo          Nunez      Cody       

Don't ask me to defend my selection as I'm nowhere near convinced, but in the context we're in and given the opponents, this is what I'd do.  I'll probably change my mind tomorrow! 

I'm really not sure whether Trent or Gomez would be preferable at RB, given recent form of both but Trent will always be a threat and knows 100% what the derby means, while I rate Joe higher as a RB than as CB. I've often been impressed by his forays forward and crossing.
      Phillips I like for a game like this - he'll give it everything and we'll need his ability to win everything in the air.  Matip - what can I say? Love him when he isn't doing his drunken baby bambi impression, and he surely can't have a repeat of last weekend...?
      Tempted to leave Mo out for Harvey but its a huge game and... well, its Mo. 
      Cody isn't convincing me yet, he's looked decent in patches but unsure of his role.  Carvalho looks the only option as an alternative, and I'm not sure he's got the physicality for this one.  Nunez central.
      Keita or Ox or Thiago?  Thiago's been losing possession a lot lately but again, it comes down to physicality.  Don't think Naby has played badly though.  Ox?  Late sub? 
      Henderson's leadership will be hugely important, not least for Bajcetic, who's inclusion now looks a no-brainer!  Hendo also ties the right flank together.
      Midfield looks short of pace though.... 
      No place for Fab, who I understand is listed as 'ill?' 

Well there's my team, but I'm glad I don't have to pick it for my job. No ordinary game this. In so many ways it's a must-win for us; even more so given our recent form.  I hate to think how this feels from here on in if we lose.  Draw looks a safe bet.
      Jesus, who'd be Jürgen?

Up the beautiful, confident, 2 nil up by half time reds!     
      YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #21: Feb 09, 2023 05:27:51 pm
      VVD back so be interesting to see who starts alongside him . Jota and Bobby on the bench .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22: Feb 09, 2023 05:38:11 pm

You're drunk clint, go home ;D

Quick Reply