Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Merseyside Derby : 8pm 13th Feb

Read 9239 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Match : Merseyside Derby : 8pm 13th Feb
      Reply #115: Feb 13, 2023 12:59:52 pm
      Note to Mohammad Salah: Kick the ball as hard as you can past Pickford and into the back of the net ( Twice if pos ). Thankyou

if he just kicks Pickford I would be happy with that.
      Philc1207
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 189 posts | 21 
      Reply #116: Feb 13, 2023 01:00:43 pm
      I'll probably be laughed at but if he's fit I'd have a look at starting Jones for this one.
      ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry
      Philc1207
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 189 posts | 21 
      Reply #117: Feb 13, 2023 01:03:40 pm
      Why not 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø - he is good enough

He is a young talented player who has suffered a bit through injuries over the last 18 months which has affected him but we have to give him a chance
      not really the game to give him another chance
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #118: Feb 13, 2023 01:13:08 pm
      I'll probably be laughed at but if he's fit I'd have a look at starting Jones for this one.
      Iv'e seen corporal Jones (Jonesy) from Dad's Army move quicker!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #119: Feb 13, 2023 01:22:04 pm
      Iv'e seen corporal Jones (Jonesy) from Dad's Army move quicker!

Wouldn't be hard.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #120: Feb 13, 2023 01:41:38 pm
      not really the game to give him another chance

Could be the exact sort of game to bring a Scouser back into the team
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #121: Feb 13, 2023 01:50:54 pm
      Hi everyone, it is great to be back on the forum, had problems with my old laptop, I am using my new one for the first time ! On to tonight's derby, I am not at all confident and going for a goalless draw in the prediction league. Please Reds prove me wrong by winning tonight !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #122: Feb 13, 2023 02:25:42 pm
      Hi everyone, it is great to be back on the forum, had problems with my old laptop, I am using my new one for the first time ! On to tonight's derby, I am not at all confident and going for a goalless draw in the prediction league. Please Reds prove me wrong by winning tonight !

so your new Laptop has never seen Liverpool get beat and yet you are going for a 0=0 draw.
      Time to crush the blueshite tonight our season gets a kick start with a big win 5-1 for me.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #123: Feb 13, 2023 02:39:48 pm
      so your new Laptop has never seen Liverpool get beat and yet you are going for a 0=0 draw.
      Time to crush the blueshite tonight our season gets a kick start with a big win 5-1 for me.

I fully get your point, but the way the Reds are playing, gifting goals etc, a most impotent attack, even the blueshite, stand a chance. Well used to getting predictions wrong, certainly hope, I am proved wrong tonight !
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #124: Feb 13, 2023 02:44:15 pm
      Love the way Klopp is saying he's definitely staying and is going to build Liverpool FC 2.0

Starting tonight!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #125: Feb 13, 2023 03:00:30 pm
      All we need is another great LFC team to back up, JĆ¼rgen Klopp, still a great manager, to be in charge of the side !
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #126: Feb 13, 2023 03:01:55 pm
      would love to see a battling, spirited performance.
      I would have dropped Thiago for this anyway.

Surely Trent can get interested for this, I would also throw Jones and Harvey in as they look like they give a sh*t.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #127: Feb 13, 2023 03:39:42 pm
      Love the way Klopp is saying he's definitely staying and is going to build Liverpool FC 2.0

Starting tonight!

I love that too, heā€™s 100% committed and I adore him. He can do this
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #128: Feb 13, 2023 03:40:30 pm
      We donā€™t seem to do any special moments anymore - we need something out of the ordinary, a special turn, an unbelievable through ball, a long distance screamer. We just need something
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #129: Feb 13, 2023 03:50:20 pm
      Believe Bobby and Virg in squad along with Jota
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #130: Feb 13, 2023 03:54:55 pm
      would love to see a battling, spirited performance.
      I would have dropped Thiago for this anyway.

Surely Trent can get interested for this, I would also throw Jones and Harvey in as they look like they give a sh*t.

I'm not sure re trent. He's hasn't looked arsed all season. His attitude stinks and he's lazy in my view. He's never improved his obvious weaknesses and the things he was good at have pretty much eroded. He contributes next to nothing and he's a lucky boy he's only got milner as competition.

Can he get himself up for the derby? There has been some back and forth over the years between him and them ... and their horrible fanbase. So maybe tonight could bring fire to his belly ... for once.

Just can't shake the feeling we will concede early again ... and then again late on.

I'd love a raucous anfield tonight ... score early and swarm all over them. I'd love that more than anything other than 3 points. But I just don't feel any confidence it will happen.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #131: Feb 13, 2023 04:19:10 pm
      I'm not sure re trent. He's hasn't looked arsed all season. His attitude stinks and he's lazy in my view. He's never improved his obvious weaknesses and the things he was good at have pretty much eroded. He contributes next to nothing and he's a lucky boy he's only got milner as competition.

Can he get himself up for the derby? There has been some back and forth over the years between him and them ... and their horrible fanbase. So maybe tonight could bring fire to his belly ... for once.

Just can't shake the feeling we will concede early again ... and then again late on.

I'd love a raucous anfield tonight ... score early and swarm all over them. I'd love that more than anything other than 3 points. But I just don't feel any confidence it will happen.

F***ing scary how Trent has nose dived.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #132: Feb 13, 2023 04:47:37 pm

JĆ¼rgen explained this the other day and the lad is doing his job but we are losing the ball and not pressing as we should leaving Trent up the pitch and not being covered. Its a collective increase we need from all of them. We owe Dyche and we owe Everton even more the lads won't let us down tonight.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #133: Feb 13, 2023 04:54:30 pm

Scary. The lad has talent ... but you have to put the work in.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #134: Feb 13, 2023 05:00:04 pm
      JĆ¼rgen explained this the other day and the lad is doing his job but we are losing the ball and not pressing as we should leaving Trent up the pitch and not being covered. Its a collective increase we need from all of them. We owe Dyche and we owe Everton even more the lads won't let us down tonight.

Just not buying that. I've watched this game all my life. I know exactly what it looks like when a player is lazy and has a bad attitude. Nothing is going to tell me otherwise. Its their for all to see. He was poor defensively anyway. But he's got worse. And the good parts of his game have eroded too. Nothing to do with nobody pressing etc.

But ... I understand JĆ¼rgen's answer to the press. His diagnosis behind closed doors needs to be very different.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #135: Feb 13, 2023 05:01:10 pm
      Scary. The lad has talent ... but you have to put the work in.

For people that watch every stream or go to every game what has changed with TAA?
      Has his work rate actually dropped?
      Has his concentration levels dropped?
      Or is it because the rest of the midfield arenā€™t covering him?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #136: Feb 13, 2023 05:08:22 pm
      Just not buying that. I've watched this game all my life. I know exactly what it looks like when a player is lazy and has a bad attitude. Nothing is going to tell me otherwise. Its their for all to see. He was poor defensively anyway. But he's got worse. And the good parts of his game have eroded too. Nothing to do with nobody pressing etc.

But ... I understand JĆ¼rgen's answer to the press. His diagnosis behind closed doors needs to be very different.

dont bother posting if you are not prepared to believe JĆ¼rgen then . Remember Chris Lawler Alec Lindsay if you dont I have seen even more than you and JĆ¼rgen would not let any player slack off and you have been led by the media campaign against Trent Shame on you listen to the Boss.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #137: Feb 13, 2023 05:20:37 pm
      Sean Dyche teams are difficult to break down as weā€™ve seen in the past, so expect a difficult game. Iā€™d love for this to be the game where the boys get their mojo back, but a 1-0 will do tonight.

Quick Reply