Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

There's Something That The Kop Wants You To Know

Read 865 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      There's Something That The Kop Wants You To Know
      Feb 14, 2023 06:14:12 pm
      And that is that Bobby Firmino will make his 350th Liverpool appearance the next time he turns out for the club.

He will become the 46th man to achieve that feat for this club and the first since Hendo done it in 2019.

His Liverpool career is one glittering with winners medals, being a part of the side of that won the F***ing lot. But from a personal perspective it's been very up and down. His Liverpool career started off slowly after being brought to the club by Brendan Rodgers and he was expected to be the answer to our problems up top. Unfortunately it never materialised that way and he became a bigger problem than a help until the day Jürgen Klopp took over. Even then things didn't quite get as rosy as they could of been but at least Klopp found a way for him to get on the scoresheet, after finally breaking his duck against Man City.

As the years went on and we got a front three that included Bobby alongside Mane and Salah as 9, 10, 11, Bobby's involvement and importance to the team grew. The arrival of other attacking players and another dip in form has saw Bobby lose his place in our best XI and he's never really been able to recapture it.

For a forward, he doesn't score enough in my opinion. But his work for the team is second to none. And without him, maybe Salah and Mane don't score as many as they have during their Liverpool careers.

Like a fair few of this squad, I was never as convinced as others about Bobby but 350 games and a vital cog to the most successful era of my lifetime, it's hard not to be won over by him and his dazzling skills and teeth.

So congratulations Bobby. A magnificent achievement in an era where we're told loyalty no longer exists.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: There's Something That The Kop Wants You To Know
      Reply #1: Feb 14, 2023 06:25:15 pm
      And that is that Bobby Firmino will make his 350th Liverpool appearance the next time he turns out for the club.

He will become the 46th man to achieve that feat for this club and the first since Hendo done it in 2019.

His Liverpool career is one glittering with winners medals, being a part of the side of that won the F***ing lot. But from a personal perspective it's been very up and down. His Liverpool career started off slowly after being brought to the club by Brendan Rodgers and he was expected to be the answer to our problems up top. Unfortunately it never materialised that way and he became a bigger problem than a help until the day Jürgen Klopp took over. Even then things didn't quite get as rosy as they could of been but at least Klopp found a way for him to get on the scoresheet, after finally breaking his duck against Man City.

As the years went on and we got a front three that included Bobby alongside Mane and Salah as 9, 10, 11, Bobby's involvement and importance to the team grew. The arrival of other attacking players and another dip in form has saw Bobby lose his place in our best XI and he's never really been able to recapture it.

For a forward, he doesn't score enough in my opinion. But his work for the team is second to none. And without him, maybe Salah and Mane don't score as many as they have during their Liverpool careers.

Like a fair few of this squad, I was never as convinced as others about Bobby but 350 games and a vital cog to the most successful era of my lifetime, it's hard not to be won over by him and his dazzling skills and teeth.

So congratulations Bobby. A magnificent achievement in an era where we're told loyalty no longer exists.
      I think he gets overlooked because of Mane and Salah but as you say I don’t think them pair are getting the recognition or goals they got without a lot of unselfish play by Bobby some of them flicks and no look goals only he could have pulled off , 350 games for us is no mean fete .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Feb 14, 2023 06:27:38 pm
      I think he gets overlooked because of Mane and Salah

Have you heard his song? :laugh:

It could be either Mane or Salah but everyone loves Bobby!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3: Mar 22, 2023 11:58:57 am

Quick Reply