Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Why Be A God When You Can Be An Egyptian King?

Read 1343 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Why Be A God When You Can Be An Egyptian King?
      Feb 14, 2023 09:16:55 pm
      I know I've already done the thread about Mo being one of our top 10 all time goalscorers but I think this inevitable record deserves it's own thread because of what an achievement it'll be. And that's shown by how long the record has stood. A record that Robbie Fowler set back in 1995 with his second goal against Bolton and his 41st Premier League goal, which took him above Rushie who'd scored 40 up to that point.

And now we're edging closer to the day that Mo Salah will replace Fowler as our all-time Premier League goalscorer.

Now it's no secret that I F***ing love Robbie Fowler. He is without doubt my all-time favourite Liverpool player and no matter how many more goals Mo scores than him in the League and in all other competitions, he still won't be loved more by me than Robbie is. But to break that record of Robbie's that has stood close to thirty years is some F***ing going.

Currently the Egyptian King is just two League goals behind the Toxteth God. So why can't Mo break the record in a game where he scores four, just like Robbie did all those years ago. Whenever the day arrives, just know it's going to be special.

Fowler - 128 goals.
      Salah - 126 goals.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Why Be A God When You Can Be An Egyptian King?
      Reply #1: Feb 14, 2023 09:33:28 pm
      Mo has certainly climbed the pyramids to reach his personal goal. Apologies could not resist the pun !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #2: Feb 14, 2023 10:58:16 pm
      Love the guy, want to see him reach 200+ career LFC goals and win some more trophies under this manager. As abysmal as we have been this season, it should not colour the past and I'm sure he, like a few others, will feel a sense of unfinished business and a desire to leave a good legacy. When all is said and done I think he will probably go down as the best player of the Klopp era. Undoubtedly one of the greats.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3: Feb 15, 2023 01:01:18 am
      But would he get into our all time best 11?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Feb 15, 2023 10:45:08 am

Depending on you are playing up top and what system.

Rush is the first striker down on any greatest Liverpool XI for me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Feb 15, 2023 06:26:27 pm

Probably not right now but in 20-30 years from now then yes because those who remember Mo will be greater than those who remember Rush or Dalglish. Similar to how players like Billy Liddell, Ray Lambert and Laurie Hughes don't get a look in nowadays because many of those who seen them play in the 40s and 50s are no longer with us.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #6: Feb 17, 2023 08:30:46 pm
      Mo has been sensational for us since he signed and will be thoroughly deserving of his place in the record books. Let's hope he gets it against Newcastle and goes on to put a huge distance between himself and Fowler in the coming years
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #7: Mar 05, 2023 06:39:18 pm
      Yes Mo.

What an achievement and what a F***ing game to do it in.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Mar 05, 2023 06:39:58 pm
      My fav Liverpool player ever, well played Mo, well played!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #9: Mar 05, 2023 08:58:39 pm
      Well in Mo. He'll be looking to hit 200
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Mar 05, 2023 10:43:48 pm
      Yes Mo.

What an achievement and what a f**king game to do it in.

Not sure Billy apart from maybe Blueshite there was a better opponent, guess it doesn’t matter that much to Mo, but you are absolutely spot on, it’s a phenomenal achievement, and done in 63 fewer matches too, be interesting to see how many goals he gets in the next 63 games,

Never say never as they say, but I’m gonna say it, I don’t think anyone will beat Salah’s record, he is a phenomenon, to score so many in the time frame he has is incredible, to do so would mean all the stars that aligned for Mo, Bobby & Mane in particular, Robbo & Trent to a lesser extent,

Now obviously we don’t know who we’ll sign further up the pipe but needless to say although not impossible, for it to happen like it has for Mo would be nothing short of miraculous!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11: Mar 06, 2023 03:08:10 am

Not sure Billy apart from maybe Blueshite there was a better opponent, guess it doesn’t matter that much to Mo, but you are absolutely spot on, it’s a phenomenal achievement, and done in 63 fewer matches too, be interesting to see how many goals he gets in the next 63 games,

Never say never as they say, but I’m gonna say it, I don’t think anyone will beat Salah’s record, he is a phenomenon, to score so many in the time frame he has is incredible, to do so would mean all the stars that aligned for Mo, Bobby & Mane in particular, Robbo & Trent to a lesser extent,

Now obviously we don’t know who we’ll sign further up the pipe but needless to say although not impossible, for it to happen like it has for Mo would be nothing short of miraculous!!!

Someone will break his record mate.

If it wasn't for injuries and leaving the club then Fowler and Owen would both be streets ahead of Mo right now, so eventually when our next sensational kid comes through the youth system to play up front the record will go.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Mar 06, 2023 07:06:49 am
      Since he joined liverpool he has has more bookings for taking his shirt off at anfield than United have goals
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Mar 06, 2023 07:29:45 am
      Some boy our mo. I predict many more goals to come.

Quick Reply