Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Newcastle vs. Liverpool; Premier League: 5:30 pm, 18th Feb

Read 3810 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre Match : Newcastle vs. Liverpool; Premier League: 5:30 pm, 18th Feb
      Feb 16, 2023 10:10:16 am
      Playing against a bunch of tall trees who have by far the stingiest defence in the league, conceding 13 goals in 22 matches. They've only lost once, but have 11 draws, also tops in the league.

So a tough challenge, but can we build on Monday's success?
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2023 07:30:47 pm by RedPuppy »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre Match : Newcastle vs. Liverpool; Premier League: 5:30 pm, 18th Feb
      Reply #1: Feb 16, 2023 10:31:04 am
      Save my comments on PIF for another thread.

Got to get the win to compete seriously for a top 4 place. Our pace up top could be the telling factor.
      They'll be coming at us so we need to have Mo & the road runner ready..

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+road+runner+beep+beep&rlz=1C1JZAP_enGB950GB950&oq=The+Road+Runner&aqs=chrome.3.0i512j46i512l2j0i512l2j46i175i199i512j0i512l4.12121j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a1b2317c,vid:Nx_UgwT9_u4
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2: Feb 16, 2023 11:06:28 am
      Two big games in 3 days will he go with same midfield and forward line and just add VVD to starting XI
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2023 11:30:23 am
      One of the best memories of this season was beating this lot after their shithousery at Anfield. They are the only team I remember being booed off at Anfield, which is normally a place where teams can be shown some respect. They deserved none.
      Eddie Howe then denied all knowledge of his tactics.

If we can win again we may well be back in it, somehow.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2023 01:24:32 pm
      There have been some high scoring games in the past, against Newcastle. Do not mind providing we come out on top. It is vital to start some sort of momentum, with so many important games coming up in the weeks ahead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Feb 16, 2023 02:48:30 pm
                                                                     Alisson
                                                        Trent  Matip Virgil  Robbo
                                                            Hendo       Fabinho
                                                                   Bacjetic
                                                          Salah   Gakpo  Nunez

Bench; Kelleher, Kostas,Gomez,Milner,Elliot,Jones Jota ,Bobby, Jones, Doak

They say, you should never change a winning side, but in Virgil’s case we have to make a exception, I was surprised he wasn’t given 15/20 mins V Blueshite but then, Jürgen may have considered one of those dirty bas**rds doing some ABH and decided, nah too expensive a risk,

Thought we showed glimpses of our old selves Monday but also bits n bobs of why were languishing half up the pipe, it was a much needed win of course but it will mean F**k all if we don’t back it up V ‘Toon’ who will provide a much sterner test than that shitty outfit did, dunno about you guys but felt as tho we finally turned that corner, it was certainly a more controlled performance, we pressed well for sustained periods, our tempo was better, passing was crisper, and the massive boost from the bench knowing Virgil, Jota & Bobby were imminent was a real shot in the arm,

If we can play like we can again V Newcastle, and get the win, what a opportunity we’ll have of reaching the CL spots, it is a big IF, if we’re all honest but they haven’t had too much to worry about this season so far and we need to change that, put pressure on them, especially at the back and see how the cope with Darwin hunting them down at every opportunity,

This has goals in it for sure, another 7 goal thriller, doubtful but you never know, I’d settle for a sloppy last seconds rebound off  Trippier’s arse bone if it meant three points and a win !!!

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y N W A

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #6: Feb 16, 2023 04:13:43 pm
      We'll win this one. They are due for a slump and we are due for a bump.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #7: Feb 16, 2023 07:29:58 pm
      Lose and top 4 hopes vanish.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #8: Feb 16, 2023 07:51:28 pm

Win, and its game on fella. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #9: Feb 16, 2023 08:31:08 pm

Glass half empty !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #10: Feb 16, 2023 08:31:29 pm

Glass half full !
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #11: Feb 16, 2023 08:33:56 pm

I’ll fill the other half with beer if we win.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #12: Feb 16, 2023 08:34:00 pm
      Alisson

TAA
      Gomez
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajcetic

Nunez
      Gakpo
      Mo
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Feb 16, 2023 08:34:33 pm

:lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #14: Feb 16, 2023 08:36:30 pm
      I’ve got a good feeling about this game.
      I’ve unashamedly gone for 1-3
      This  is the start of barcodes seasonal decline. Get ready to see Howe spend £500 mill in the summer to correct it 😂
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #15: Feb 16, 2023 08:52:33 pm

I will drink to that, especially if we win on Saturday evening !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #16: Feb 16, 2023 09:46:24 pm
      Their defensive record is strangely ridiculous, their attack average. Don't quite know how they've done it tbh as their squad looks nothing special on paper. I imagine there'll lots of fouls and shithouse tactics so hopefully we can use our nous to overcome it. I would play the same team except with Virgil in.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Feb 16, 2023 09:48:33 pm
                                                                     Alisson
                                                        Trent  Matip Virgil  Robbo
                                                            Hendo       Fabinho
                                                                   Bacjetic
                                                          Salah   Gakpo  Nunez

Bench; Kelleher, Kostas,Gomez,Milner,Elliot,Jones Jota ,Bobby, Jones, Doak

They say, you should never change a winning side, but in Virgil’s case we have to make a exception, I was surprised he wasn’t given 15/20 mins V Blueshite but then, Jürgen may have considered one of those dirty bas**rds doing some ABH and decided, nah too expensive a risk,

Thought we showed glimpses of our old selves Monday but also bits n bobs of why were languishing half up the pipe, it was a much needed win of course but it will mean f**k all if we don’t back it up V ‘Toon’ who will provide a much sterner test than that shitty outfit did, dunno about you guys but felt as tho we finally turned that corner, it was certainly a more controlled performance, we pressed well for sustained periods, our tempo was better, passing was crisper, and the massive boost from the bench knowing Virgil, Jota & Bobby were imminent was a real shot in the arm,

If we can play like we can again V Newcastle, and get the win, what a opportunity we’ll have of reaching the CL spots, it is a big IF, if we’re all honest but they haven’t had too much to worry about this season so far and we need to change that, put pressure on them, especially at the back and see how the cope with Darwin hunting them down at every opportunity,

This has goals in it for sure, another 7 goal thriller, doubtful but you never know, I’d settle for a sloppy last seconds rebound off  Trippier’s arse bone if it meant three points and a win !!!

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y N W A

Odds are against us, but that's what will make it such a big win. Eager to see what kind of impact Virgil can have in his first game back.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #18: Feb 16, 2023 09:57:40 pm
      Guimares big miss.for them haven't won without him . Fancy us nicking this 2-1
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: Feb 16, 2023 10:10:17 pm
      This is the real test really to see if there's a small chance at a top four battle or not. Everton game didn't tell us much in that regard.

Will be a goal either way with them having an excellent defence but a blunt attack of late.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #20: Feb 16, 2023 11:34:38 pm
      Guimares big miss.for them haven't won without him . Fancy us nicking this 2-1

We said the same sh*te about Brentford and they still smashed us.

Just hope we go in with energy and win it
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #21: Feb 17, 2023 02:33:00 am
      I'm just wondering if we switch our MF up this game. Unlike shitshow Everton, Castle have speed up top. Maybe this isn't the best game for Fab to park his ass in front of the back line. Maybe Kieta or Elliott come in?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #22: Feb 17, 2023 04:23:57 am
      Time for Núñez to start banging them in. He’s about 3 foot taller than trippier, should just be hanging out at the back post.

Quick Reply