Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Newcastle vs. Liverpool; Premier League: 5:30 pm, 18th Feb

Read 3816 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre Match : Newcastle vs. Liverpool; Premier League: 5:30 pm, 18th Feb
      Reply #23: Feb 17, 2023 10:12:27 am
      Tight close game. Our pace could be the diff. Wouldn't rule out 1-1 but I'll go for the win..1-2. Nunez gets the winner with Gakpo really starting to look the part.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #24: Feb 17, 2023 10:36:45 am
      This game could change our season. I hope we turn up, but our away form this season has been so bad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Feb 17, 2023 02:10:42 pm
      Newcastle with the best defensive record in the EPL should be interesting.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Feb 17, 2023 03:30:40 pm
      Big game.
      Playing RM after, so getting another win to follow up the Derby would be huge.
      Obviously top4 is important, but so is staying in the CL and not having the season peter out in Feb/Mar.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Feb 17, 2023 03:39:10 pm
      Hope we win but to be honest I think it’s got 1-1 written all over it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #28: Feb 17, 2023 04:20:50 pm
      Quietly optimistic for this one to be honest.
      3-1 Redmen.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Feb 17, 2023 05:12:26 pm
      Klopp confirms Virgil available to start.. I'm guessing he comes in for Matip.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #30: Feb 17, 2023 05:47:50 pm
      Klopp confirms Virgil available to start.. I'm guessing he comes in for Matip.

I’d normally be happy with this but VVD has been garbage all season, strolling about the pitch like a grandma on the beach.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31: Feb 17, 2023 06:13:57 pm
      Away win with the superb Darwin Nunez to  terrorise the defence.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2023 06:34:31 pm
      Away win with the superb Darwin Nunez to  terrorise the defence.

Be interesting to see how he plays against Trippier, they are both very fast.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2023 06:48:44 pm
      Be interesting to see how he plays against Trippier, they are both very fast.

Wasn’t Nunez clocked as fastest player in the league? He seems to get away from defenders, even with carrying the ball at his feet…

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2023 07:07:50 pm
      Hopefully should be a good game.  Bobby Robson tribute before kick off and obviously Newcastle will be out for revenge for our win at Anfield.  On the other side of the coin we've got a few players back and hopefully the lads are wanting to push on from the win on Monday.

If we lose then the margin for error for making top four will be tiny.  Still doable but much much more difficult.  Equally, if we win then you'd probably start to think we have a good chance of doing it.

So on that basis - probably a draw!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2023 07:17:27 pm
      Hopefully should be a good game.  Bobby Robson tribute before kick off and obviously Newcastle will be out for revenge for our win at Anfield.  On the other side of the coin we've got a few players back and hopefully the lads are wanting to push on from the win on Monday.

If we lose then the margin for error for making top four will be tiny.  Still doable but much much more difficult.  Equally, if we win then you'd probably start to think we have a good chance of doing it.

So on that basis - probably a draw!

For some reason one memory I have of Bobby Robson is a season where his first game of the season was at old Trafford and before the game he said “our season starts next week.”

It’s always stayed with me that….

Other than that of course it was 1990.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2023 08:22:15 pm
      Looking forward to Mo, Gakpo and Nunez causing havoc tomorrow
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2023 11:08:59 pm
      Sticking my neck out, by going for a 2  1 win for the Reds in the prediction league. Looking forward to watching the game in the Millbank, also having a few pints !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2023 11:53:19 pm
      Any kind of win here would be a tremendous result. I just f*cking pray we can keep our energy levels high and have our wits about us. Going for a 1-0 Liverpool win, Nunez to score.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #39: Feb 18, 2023 06:39:14 am
      Hard to predict now. Away at Newcastle is very though this season. However I think anything can happen, we could use the momentum from the derby game and win this game, or we make a stupid mistake, concede an earl goal and slip back into the same complacent form we show this season
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #40: Feb 18, 2023 07:50:52 am
      We need to rise up, this can really bring us back in to save our season as the starting point

Same team as last game, apart from vvd in

Bring on jota in the second half and Bobby and take them out

Their best chances will be crosses or corners as they are toothless in attack
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #41: Feb 18, 2023 10:09:05 am
      Gone for 1:3 Toon already on the wane, while we just getting some of our fire back.
      As for Bobby robson, always remember his love in with Shilton for England, after he was way past his best, to the detriment of Ray Clemence, who was clearly the better keeper.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #42: Feb 18, 2023 10:12:29 am
      Also, got the call from my grandson earlier. Would I go support him in only his second boxing match today.
      It only starts at 5:00 so not gonna see the game today.
      😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

So looking forward to this one as well. Gutted.
      Family first though 🤷‍♂️
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Feb 18, 2023 11:13:08 am
      Toon as always will be a difficult hurdle of course, and I might be wrong here but they have yet to show their cards in the transfer window and obviously their financial muscle, i sense a new rival as difficult a opponent as what Shitty are now so in that regard this match is absolutely f***in massive,

Smashing Blueshift last week still has me smiling but we need to back up that glorious feeling by doing the same to these, we go there as underdogs and that suits us fine, normally it’s vice versa and for the most part do well at St James’s, I’m more confident than I was a couple of weeks back and so too will our lads after last week, only change I’d make is Virgil for Joe, Matip performs better aside Virgil and can bring the ball forward as well as defend better, everyone else to retain their place,

This has Desmond written all over it, and 2-2 wouldn’t be a band return, but I just got a wee sneaky feeling in my clacker bag that 2-3 sounds and feels just about right !!

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #44: Feb 18, 2023 11:27:14 am
      Any decent result against the toon, will be a real boost of confidence for the players. Certainly with the Real Madrid game coming up on Tuesday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Feb 18, 2023 12:50:52 pm
      Also, got the call from my grandson earlier. Would I go support him in only his second boxing match today.
      It only starts at 5:00 so not gonna see the game today.
      😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

So looking forward to this one as well. Gutted.
      Family first though 🤷‍♂️

Here's hoping both he, and the Reds, put in a winning performane.

Quick Reply