Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      61 (69.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      2 (2.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      14 (15.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Feb 22, 2023 07:23:44 pm

Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8803 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Feb 18, 2023 08:02:29 pm
      Redknapp saying should be a yellow card...waffle Jamie....Keepers will hand ball it every game if they HAVE to and if they can get away with it.  Defenders take a yellow all the time. Allowing the keeper to hand ball and get a yellow DISTORTS the game...it's a RED and should stay a RED..

Defo a red, bollocks to what the pundits say. Deliberately stopped Mo going at goal when no one else could’ve stopped him…

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #254: Feb 18, 2023 08:05:59 pm
      Defo a red, bollocks to what the pundits say. Deliberately stopped Mo going at goal when no one else could’ve stopped him…

Well yes allowing Keepers to hand ball under only a yellow gives them the green light to cheat. Distorts the integrity of the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #255: Feb 18, 2023 08:14:05 pm
      Redknapp saying should be a yellow card...waffle Jamie....Keepers will hand ball it every game if they HAVE to and if they can get away with it.  Defenders take a yellow all the time. Allowing the keeper to hand ball and get a yellow DISTORTS the game...it's a RED and should stay a RED..

Hahaha got the feeling Rafa thinks Redknapp is a bit of a knobhead, they way he had to explain things to him 🤣
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #256: Feb 18, 2023 08:16:03 pm
      Hahaha got the feeling Rafa thinks Redknapp is a bit of a knobhead, they way he had to explain things to him 🤣

Yeah..he is talking down to him a little bit..Jamie is waffling though.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #257: Feb 18, 2023 08:17:03 pm
      Never never thought I’d see the day were we win 0-2 keep a clean sheet and I’m sitting here pissed at our performance, that sending off really messed with our heads.
      I think if the keeper had stayed on we probably go and score another 2 that 1st half.
      Allison motm because of him we kept a clean sheet
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #258: Feb 18, 2023 08:21:38 pm
      Big shout out to Jürgen for getting the lads back on track and playing with pride and hope ,cheers Jürgen
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #259: Feb 18, 2023 08:29:34 pm
       Not sure what my favourite part of the red card was, the attempted header, the grab of the ball or taking out his team mate afterwards
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Feb 18, 2023 08:34:01 pm
      Big shout out to Jürgen for getting the lads back on track and playing with pride and hope ,cheers Jürgen

Yeah and we don't see the hard craft behind closed doors. The pressure at LFC is immense for sure..Kenny will tell yer that. So getting us back into some sort of contention, given all the injuries, is a fantastic effort by the Boss and his backroom staff.

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #261: Feb 18, 2023 08:36:55 pm
      I feel the same, but Father Time waits for no-one

But why does Jürgen? He knows before we can even guess that those players get slower due to all kind of training samples. So he knew before this very season that we are an old team. Why not doing something on the market? Either Jürgen is dumb or ... FSG  :f_steam: I tell ya those mf did tell him: no more money this season, only next, so he had to play the cards he got dealt.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #262: Feb 18, 2023 08:43:18 pm
      What a win. So delighted for Nunez and Gakpo.

Karius will play against Utd in the final. Hopefully, he pays us back.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #263: Feb 18, 2023 08:47:54 pm
      But why does Jürgen? He knows before we can even guess that those players get slower due to all kind of training samples. So he knew before this very season that we are an old team. Why not doing something on the market? Either Jürgen is dumb or ... FSG  :f_steam: I tell ya those mf did tell him: no more money this season, only next, so he had to play the cards he got dealt.

Chill out a bit, we won 2-0 against a team in the top 4 at their home stadium.

A good result. I think the game ended when Pope got sent of. We switched off and started to think about Tuesday, a lot of the players are probably still wanting revenge for the CL final.

Newcastle have 1 of the best defences in the league and we carved them up in the first 20 mins. The front 3, Bajcetic, Trent and Ali all looked good. Should have scored more after the sending off but the 3 points is the only stat that matters tonight.

I'm feeling more confident for the top 4. Newcastle looked average, they are struggling with injuries and their squad is starting to look weak, Chelsea lost again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #264: Feb 18, 2023 08:48:40 pm

We just had a big win away from home - give it a rest ffs
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #265: Feb 18, 2023 08:59:32 pm

Your hard to please aren’t you.  :D
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #266: Feb 18, 2023 09:10:24 pm

We did you lot a favour. Pope out of final, Joelinton and Saint Maximan possible injuries.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #267: Feb 18, 2023 09:20:39 pm
      We did you lot a favour. Pope out of final, Joelinton and Saint Maximan possible injuries.

Absolutely so win win for me but don’t wish injury on a player, that’s just unfortunate if that’s the case. Opening a small gap now and looking very promising for top 4. It’s unbelievable what now looks a very good addition having a manger that could follow in Klopps/Peps  footsteps.

I’ve not even heard one scouser saying ETH is sh*te.  ;D
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #268: Feb 18, 2023 09:25:21 pm

The pr**k that tried to snap Mo in the last 5 minutes should have walked as well. both feet of the ground jumps in misses the ball catches Mo he sits with a smile on his face sitting down at the touchline waiting for the innevitable ,he`s  thinking,  well its got to be at least a yellow if not a red ,F**k all couldnt beleive it
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #269: Feb 18, 2023 09:41:46 pm

If you treat football like it's a game of Championship Manager then always will be hard to please.

Far too many nowadays I don't think actually enjoy actual football.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #270: Feb 18, 2023 09:46:13 pm

I am an oldschool German. Weltherrschaft or die trying.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #271: Feb 18, 2023 09:51:26 pm
      Great win for the Reds against Newcastle, slowly but surely coming back to our winning ways !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #272: Feb 18, 2023 10:14:55 pm
      Very important result. Genuine chance of making top 4 now if we can maintain decent form. Because of our situation I feel we have less pressure going into the Madrid game. In an ideal world Nunez tears them a new one and Karius saves a penalty to deny Utd the cup.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #273: Feb 18, 2023 10:16:56 pm
      . In an ideal world Nunez tears them a new one and Karius saves a penalty to deny Utd the cup.

Wake up  :D
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #274: Feb 18, 2023 10:23:12 pm
      The pr**k that tried to snap Mo in the last 5 minutes should have walked as well. both feet of the ground jumps in misses the ball catches Mo he sits with a smile on his face sitting down at the touchline waiting for the innevitable ,he`s  thinking,  well its got to be at least a yellow if not a red ,f**k all couldnt beleive it

Typical Taylor. Tippier took Nunez out, took the legs from under him, picked up the shoulder knock and Taylor gave it to them. Think he was the ref that let Pickford off when he smashed VVD. One of the most biased refs out there.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #275: Feb 18, 2023 10:25:19 pm
      Went the game tonight. Very happy with the 3 points. That was the biggest positive.

I can't write the biggest post as I'm up at 4am for work but I have to say despite the 3 points there was alot of problems tonight.

Alisson saved us early and then despite being against 10 men he saved us countless times. So despite being against 10men we could have lost 3,4 or even 5 goals tonight. On another night we would have. We were very wasteful in the last 15 minutes or so as well.

One final negative ... when Bobby lost the ball virgil just backed off like he has all season ... awful. Great save by alisson to save us. Enjoyed the win ... but we gave up far too much against 10 men and but for our goalkeeper still could have lost.

Made up for Gapko and Nunez. If they can score regular then all the better for us. Roll on Madrid.

Happy with the 3 points. More thoughts tomorrow.

Quick Reply