Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (Last 16 1st Leg) 21 Feb 2023 8pm

Read 3573 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (Last 16 1st Leg) 21 Feb 2023 8pm
      Feb 20, 2023 12:09:19 pm
      Next up: Liverpool v Real Madrid
      Tuesday 8pm.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1627398867363803138?s=20

COYR

NB: Team no longer available

Note: Bajcetic isn't in the team builder JD
      Ox is in as a placeholder.

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2023 10:39:01 pm by JD »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: CL: Liverpool v Real Madrid
      Reply #1: Feb 20, 2023 12:23:45 pm
      Under the lights at Anfield Champions League...Heaven on Earth. We will most likely need a couple of goals to the good to take to their place. Hoping this isn't the last CL game at Anfield this season......I fear it might be some time before we're in it again.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Feb 20, 2023 12:29:10 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3: Feb 20, 2023 12:29:13 pm
      Can see Jota coming in for this

Alisson

TAA
      VVD
      Gomez
      Robbo

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajectic

Jota
      Nunez
      Mo

If Nunez is out then Bobby to come in
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Feb 20, 2023 12:32:45 pm
      nobody giving us any chance over two legs and Trent is going to get destroyed...... so all the experts say at least ah just the way we like it. We owe these cu*ts and their blueshite manager and I really think the lads will want to show the world how good they are .
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5: Feb 20, 2023 01:22:29 pm
      Against Real is the one time i go LondonRed and expect the worst. They have our number having beat us 3x in the CL.

Coming off 2 strong wins it'll be as good momentum as we've had all season. .
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #6: Feb 20, 2023 01:32:04 pm
      Hoping darwin is fit….

2-2
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7: Feb 20, 2023 01:43:37 pm
      Not seen any further updates on Nunez injury- at first it looked like a whiplash issue
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Feb 20, 2023 01:53:06 pm
      Obviously no away goals rule so Carlo will park the moped. So with that in mind Jota might be the fox in the box. Won't get many breakaways as they'll so deep the halfway will be a distant blur.

So if Darwin doesn't make it Jota should start and even if Nunez does start Jota might get the nod over Gakpo.

3-1
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Feb 20, 2023 02:48:19 pm
      Obviously no away goals rule so Carlo will park the moped. So with that in mind Jota might be the fox in the box. Won't get many breakaways as they'll so deep the halfway will be a distant blur.

So if Darwin doesn't make it Jota should start and even if Nunez does start Jota might get the nod over Gakpo.

3-1

think we will stick with the front three that started against Newcastle they are F***ing scary going forward at pace . If Darwin isnt fit the Jota is just as effective  especially pressing their defenders. I just want to really F**k these over we owe them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: Feb 20, 2023 03:09:08 pm
      Be interesting to see if Klopp has anything up his sleeve. Carlo seems to have his number a bit as of late. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us park the bus a bit to start the game and see if we can hit them on the counter. Play a bit ugly for awhile and make it a physical game. Are Virg, Trent and Joe up for that?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Feb 20, 2023 03:20:01 pm
      Be interesting to see if Klopp has anything up his sleeve. Carlo seems to have his number a bit as of late. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us park the bus a bit to start the game and see if we can hit them on the counter. Play a bit ugly for awhile and make it a physical game. Are Virg, Trent and Joe up for that?

he has been dismissive of us tactically so I am more than confident Jürgen is ready for this and if he thinks tactically seeing Mo,Darwin and Cody baring down on them is tactically inept I cant wait for tomorrow. I had good feelings about Everton and Newcastle and the same for tomorrow these lads have been through something together and have come out the other end stronger.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #12: Feb 20, 2023 03:43:17 pm
      Should hold our own at Anfield and they have not exactly been pulling up trees recently.

It’s the away leg that could be the decider, got to make sure it’s tight going to the Bernabeu.

Looks like kroos and Touchemeni have not travelled.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #13: Feb 20, 2023 04:45:57 pm
      Just can’t see a result against these lot. They are unfortunately one of our bogie teams.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Feb 20, 2023 04:46:15 pm
      think we will stick with the front three that started against Newcastle they are f**king scary going forward at pace . If Darwin isnt fit the Jota is just as effective  especially pressing their defenders. I just want to really f**k these over we owe them.

Jota can get on the end of Robbo's slanted cross and he's slippery in the box. Will play a part even if he doesn't start. In this game we will need bodies in the box, so if Nunez doesn't make it I'd go Jota over Bobby.

Bobby might be a consideration as the midfield link, just off the front 3..Fab, Hendo and Bajcetic...any 2 of 3. Matip in for his forward thrusts, alongside VVD.

Ali, Trent,Matip,VVD,Robbo,...Fabinho,Hendo,...Bobby...,Mo,Jota,Gakpo.....assuming Nunez doesn't make it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #15: Feb 20, 2023 04:57:46 pm
      Jota can get on the end of Robbo's slanted cross and he's slippery in the box. Will play a part even if he doesn't start. In this game we will need bodies in the box, so if Nunez doesn't make it I'd go Jota over Bobby.

Bobby might be a consideration as the midfield link, just off the front 3..Fab, Hendo and Bajcetic...any 2 of 3. Matip in for his forward thrusts, alongside VVD.

Ali, Trent,Matip,VVD,Robbo,...Fabinho,Hendo,...Bobby...,Mo,Jota,Gakpo.....assuming Nunez doesn't make it.

Bold line up -

How do Madrid line up ?

Last time it seemed a 4-3-3 ?

Would be surprised to see any changes to that set up in the middle but can see Bobby playing
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Feb 20, 2023 04:59:27 pm
      Just can’t see a result against these lot. They are unfortunately one of our bogie teams.

Nah...the past has no bearing. We are coming into form. We can get a good result. I'm looking for 3-1. Pressure them from the off. No reason why we can't turn them over.

Boss said he can't wait, he'll have us wound up, primed and ready.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #17: Feb 20, 2023 05:07:19 pm
      I remember we beat them 4-0 once and jay spearing got a massive standing ovation.

So yeah, any line up we start with we can win.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Feb 20, 2023 05:09:03 pm
      Bold line up -

How do Madrid line up ?

Last time it seemed a 4-3-3 ?

Would be surprised to see any changes to that set up in the middle but can see Bobby playing

Benzema and Valverde top players. Val in particular. Have him here like a shot. Modric in mid. Alaba to take on Mo. They'll be deep no matter who they start. It will be a lock picking excercise. Rudiger is a top defender. They'll be up for it and Carlo, the sly old fox won't be fooled by our relatively poor form. He knows what to expect.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #19: Feb 20, 2023 05:12:47 pm
      A lot riding on it for both clubs. Our form has ticked up, theirs has slightly dropped. I reckon a draw or narrow win wouldn't be beyond us seeing as it's a home European night. The template here is Juventus 04/05. Virgil volley at the back post, Mo looping volley from outside the box, cue mayhem in the Kop.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Feb 20, 2023 05:15:20 pm
      I forgot just how world class Courtois was that night we should have been a bit more clinical there was little between the two teams , we are due an Anfield night to remember.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Feb 20, 2023 05:17:04 pm

nice to have so many attacking options midfield will need Hendo and Fab at their best and our young man Bajcetic will once again look like he has been playing for a decade or more
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Feb 20, 2023 05:17:55 pm
      Next up: Liverpool v Real Madrid
      Tuesday 8pm.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1627398867363803138?s=20

COYR

NB: Team no longer available

Note: Bajcetic isn't in the team builder JD
      Ox is in as a placeholder.

ha ha I was about to call for the men in white coats.

Quick Reply