Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (12.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      9 (12.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      18 (25.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      25 (35.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (10%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.4%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Feb 25, 2023 09:55:13 pm

Liverpool 2-5 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21382 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1627 
      Re: Liverpool 2-5 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Feb 22, 2023 06:29:29 am

If Jürgen gets in the players he wants, why does it trigger you so much if we're able to make most of it back by selling the players we all want gone?

Really you want an answer ,I don’t care how much we recoup in sales the more the better ,but making out we’ve spent x amount when it’s clearly bullshit does .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #783: Feb 22, 2023 07:02:28 am
      Finally calmed a bit, not much sleep. About to get off to reork, apologies to anyone I insulted last night. Haven't felt that frustrated in years.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #784: Feb 22, 2023 07:55:22 am
      Honestly not having a go but probably one of the maddest first paragraphs I've read on here since I looked back and read the OP on the Steven Gerrard thread.

Says it all on where we're at I suppose.

I know, I thought that when I read it.
      Point I was making I suppose was for parts of the game, early on, one of the best teams in Europe couldn’t handle us.
      And then we melted away….
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #785: Feb 22, 2023 08:07:38 am
      one of the strangest matches that Ive ever seen,  for one side to be two nil up after 14 mins and then loose the match five two?
      its like ancelotti quickly sussed Kloppos match plan, like he said he could,  then quickly switch to plan B
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #786: Feb 22, 2023 08:20:52 am
      Finally calmed a bit, not much sleep. About to get off to reork, apologies to anyone I insulted last night. Haven't felt that frustrated in years.

Same here mate. Apologies your way from me. I'm off this week ... couldn't sleep. Ended up going downstairs about 12.30 and had a couple of beers.

Alot calmer now. But still unhappy. I'll refrain from going after individuals today who I feel just arnt upto it. But losing 5 goals without reply at home ... and folding like a pack of cards is really troubling me.

Onto Palace away we go fellow reds. That will be very difficult.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #787: Feb 22, 2023 08:36:44 am
      Doesn't feel much better today really.
      It's not just loosing, but the manner of the defeat.
      The two wins in the PL had me hoping.
      Feel like have gone 12 rounds with reality :(
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #788: Feb 22, 2023 08:46:51 am

This cannot be fixed in one season realistically we cannot replace all those players in 1 season.. people who magically think this team is going to go back to our old level after 1 summer are all for a big shock.

Read it again dipshit, where do I say replace in one season, a season or TWO I said, obviously means over one, but I’m guessing your inability to understand basic English must be challenging !!

Can’t believe this Numpty is still posting after the crap he came out with last night, I’ve been suspended for less before now, seems the mods are getting softer these days !!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #789: Feb 22, 2023 08:53:52 am
      FFS. I just hope this doesnt de-rail our league comeback.

Klopp has to realise we cant keep giving gomez chances.

small bonus we could have been 4 up if we took our chances, they were really under P for first 1/2 hr. Then we caved.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #790: Feb 22, 2023 09:02:07 am
      Doesn't feel much better today really.
      It's not just loosing, but the manner of the defeat.
      The two wins in the PL had me hoping.
      Feel like have gone 12 rounds with reality :(

Like one or two above mate I’ve calmed down a bit too, really thought we had them cnuts at long last, but in all honesty we got proper twatted, twatted by a side who knew exactly how to rip us apart, we of course played our own part in our own downfall with the kind of mistakes you would normally get away with against the average side, but not this lot, they exploited our weaknesses and played thru us with ease at times,

I’m still scratching my head as to what the F**k happened, after it became Desmond it went totally Tits up, watching it all happen in a kind of outer body experience , looking back we didn’t do a lot wrong, the odd school boy level mistake here & there obviously didn’t help but sometimes you just gotta take sh*t like this on the chin, a well oiled machine will always outgun a old red Jalopy,

We might have to suffer a repeat at their gaff and that’s like going to the dentist with a gob full of abscesses, not a lot of fun to be had in not so sunny Spain !!!
      DanMann

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #791: Feb 22, 2023 09:19:53 am
      FFS. I just hope this doesnt de-rail our league comeback.

Klopp has to realise we cant keep giving gomez chances.

small bonus we could have been 4 up if we took our chances, they were really under P for first 1/2 hr. Then we caved.

League comeback?  :lmao: You have hope? After that disgrace? Meh, we won 2 games. So what. Everything you need to know was shown to the world last night. Season is over. We don't have a clue, and not one man in the club cares.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #792: Feb 22, 2023 09:21:30 am
      lads has anyone reared the ugly head of corruption and some of our people ?
      Ive a spanish in law who was always a big RM fan and he was rooting for Pool because hes sick of the
      corruption in the spanish game
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #793: Feb 22, 2023 09:29:12 am
      Last night was evident that our form this season isn’t just a blip either. This squad nearly won it all only 12 months ago but they’re completely burnt out now. Madrid outclassed us all over the pitch, they were levels above us.

It isn’t a knee jerk. If we’re going to return to that level then we probably need half a dozen players.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,528 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #794: Feb 22, 2023 09:35:46 am
      Was up at 4am today for work, never felt so deflated… been in a proper mood all day, just embarrassing that yesterday.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #795: Feb 22, 2023 09:36:09 am
      League comeback?  :lmao: You have hope? After that disgrace? Meh, we won 2 games. So what. Everything you need to know was shown to the world last night. Season is over. We don't have a clue, and not one man in the club cares.

Klopp cares and he needs to use the summer to clear a few out and start rebuilding.

To suggest nobody at the club cares is truly knee-jerk stuff.

It is troubling me though how we lost 5 without reply at home and didn't show any resistance or fight 2nd half.

It's also troubling me how Jürgen didn't change at half time when it was evident Madrid were in total control. We came out and carried on the same until we were buried. No reaction at 2-2 or 2-3.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #796: Feb 22, 2023 09:41:12 am

think we are all confused and frustrated the writing has been on the wall for all season. We are like a heavyweight champ who never new when he was beaten but now just shows glimpses of his former glory before getting hit by  a sucker punch. Ali,Virgil,Hendo,Robbo,Trent,Fab and Mo all started last night and have been incredibly consistent on a level that to be fair should have seen them win a lot more but luck and FFP have cheated them. We need a reset as we did when Jürgen came in and go again.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #797: Feb 22, 2023 09:52:24 am
      Klopp cares and he needs to use the summer to clear a few out and start rebuilding.

To suggest nobody at the club cares is truly knee-jerk stuff.

It is troubling me though how we lost 5 without reply at home and didn't show any resistance or fight 2nd half.

It's also troubling me how Jürgen didn't change at half time when it was evident Madrid were in total control. We came out and carried on the same until we were buried. No reaction at 2-2 or 2-3.
      Boss too slow to react IMO...We have seen how well Bajectic has done since Christmas and Iv'e read on here he was the only player who could hold his head up after that....but for me it was a game too far for him, for the first time he looked like what he is...a boy surrounded by men, and not just men but some of the most experienced players around. He grafted and tried his best but against that quality he was on a hiding to nothing. Should have taken him off at half time.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,681 posts | 146 
      Reply #798: Feb 22, 2023 09:52:59 am
      Craig from Anfield Agenda had tickets to go to the Madrid game last night. Turns out he couldn’t go because on Monday Night he received a call from Scousers who threatened to kill Craig if he attended the match. On top of that the cu*ts doxxed his phone number and address.

I don't understand why Anfield Agenda is getting abused ? he's just a passionate Liverpool supporter who wants what best for the club .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #799: Feb 22, 2023 09:59:19 am
      not sure how the players will react to last night they looked lost. More importantly we have a lot of EPL games left how the F**k is Jürgen going to patch a team together and win some games and would you send the lads from last night to RM only to get another moral sapping hiding.
      Unlike the Barca game we deserved to win in Spain we battered them so the Madrid game is not one for the faint hearted.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #800: Feb 22, 2023 10:25:57 am
      Craig from Anfield Agenda had tickets to go to the Madrid game last night. Turns out he couldn’t go because on Monday Night he received a call from Scousers who threatened to kill Craig if he attended the match. On top of that the cu*ts doxxed his phone number and address.

I don't understand why Anfield Agenda is getting abused ? he's just a passionate Liverpool supporter who wants what best for the club .

Is he that divvy who said all over social media that it’s the first game he’s attending this season? I genuinely don’t know what anfield agenda is but I heard about something like this from my mates.

You’ve got good lads who go week in week out who still couldn’t get sorted last night and then people like him gloat all over social media about having a ticket. How the f**k did he get a madrid ticket when it was his first game this season?

Also, the vast majority of scousers don’t appreciate sh*te like arsenal fan tv and people filming themselves watching or talking bollocks about the match. It’s embarrassing and considered wool behaviour.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #801: Feb 22, 2023 10:27:43 am
      Boss too slow to react IMO...We have seen how well Bajectic has done since Christmas and Iv'e read on here he was the only player who could hold his head up after that....but for me it was a game too far for him, for the first time he looked like what he is...a boy surrounded by men, and not just men but some of the most experienced players around. He grafted and tried his best but against that quality he was on a hiding to nothing. Should have taken him off at half time.

I agree to some extent. I don’t think it was his best game by any means but I still don’t think he looked out of place either.

Henderson and Fabinho went missing in that second half and atleast Bajcetic rolled his sleeves up and put himself about.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #802: Feb 22, 2023 10:54:18 am

Always have hope. its literally LFC theme tune.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #803: Feb 22, 2023 10:55:10 am

Blocked him on twitter. Thats all you need to do. Anything more is just idiotic and stupid.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #804: Feb 22, 2023 10:55:29 am
      Fully expecting an avalanche of criticism for this post, and possibly the dictionary definition of an overreaction...but here it is:
      There isn't any member of the current squad I would lose sleep over if moved on....I don't mean I want them all moved on, I just wouldn't be bothered to see any of them leave. Possible exception: Alisson, but even he has a more than capable replacement waiting in the wings.

Quick Reply