Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool, Premier League; Sat 25th Feb. 19:45

Read 5900 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool, Premier League; Sat 25th Feb. 19:45
      Feb 22, 2023 02:33:31 am
      Let's try to move on, shall we?
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023 04:59:29 pm by RedPuppy »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool, Premier League; Sat 25th Feb. 19:45
      Reply #1: Feb 22, 2023 03:10:50 am

Not much else we can do.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2: Feb 22, 2023 06:22:09 am
      Was hoping it was just a nightmare this morning but unfortunately not.

Let’s see the reaction at palace
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: Feb 22, 2023 08:54:50 am
      Under the lights at Selhurst Park against a Palace side desperate for a good result right after we've had our confidence shattered by Madrid.

Not looking forward to this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Feb 22, 2023 09:51:14 am
      Under the lights at Selhurst Park against a Palace side desperate for a good result right after we've had our confidence shattered by Madrid.

Not looking forward to this.

they will be allover us like a rash its probably the worst place to go to after last night.  Cut out the mistakes and bad passes and we have the quality but got to stop making fundamentally basic errors.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #5: Feb 22, 2023 12:37:24 pm
      Could end up any score between 0-0 and 5-5.
      0-0 being most unlikely.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #6: Feb 22, 2023 12:45:35 pm
      I think we need to keep the front three as they are. Nunez is starting to find his feet and salah is regularly scoring again. Jota and Bobby need to be eased in.

Defence is a shambles so doesn’t matter who you pick really.
      Gomez makes too many unforced errors.
      Matip looks tired.
      VVD is playing like every game is a testimonial.

Midfield I would just play the younger lads.
      Bajcetic jones Elliot.

Henderson and Fabinho can’t keep any intensity for more than a half and ox and keita limp off every time the ball goes near them. Thiago is not the player we need right now.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      VVD
      Matip

Bajcetic
      Jones
      Elliot

Salah
      Nunez
      Gapko
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Feb 22, 2023 04:27:49 pm
      I think we need to keep the front three as they are. Nunez is starting to find his feet and salah is regularly scoring again. Jota and Bobby need to be eased in.

Defence is a shambles so doesn’t matter who you pick really.
      Gomez makes too many unforced errors.
      Matip looks tired.
      VVD is playing like every game is a testimonial.

Midfield I would just play the younger lads.
      Bajcetic jones Elliot.

Henderson and Fabinho can’t keep any intensity for more than a half and ox and keita limp off every time the ball goes near them. Thiago is not the player we need right now.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      VVD
      Matip

Bajcetic
      Jones
      Elliot

Salah
      Nunez
      Gapko

6 games in 18 days beginning Saturday. will need some rotation.

James Milner is a must for this.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #8: Feb 22, 2023 04:46:38 pm

James Milner is a must for this.

Yeah. Although I would like to see a more youthful midfield going forward for the rest of the season.
      The senior players are playing like they have had 18 games in 6 days.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #9: Feb 22, 2023 07:27:32 pm

Do you really think it's going to matter?

Honestly...this is the exact opposite of a couple of years ago...then I didn't think it would matter who we put out there...we'd always win...now it doesn't matter who we put out there...I think we'll struggle.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: Feb 22, 2023 09:05:41 pm
      Even though Klopp has given up on Keita and who could blame him, ffs play him for 45 mins at least then bring on Hendo or Fabinho.
      When Keita plays we at least have a semi functioning midfield.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #11: Feb 22, 2023 09:18:44 pm
      Even though Klopp has given up on Keita and who could blame him, ffs play him for 45 mins at least then bring on Hendo or Fabinho.
      When Keita plays we at least have a semi functioning midfield.

Weird really played 3 games on spin did ok and then Milner seems to have jumped in front of him
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Feb 22, 2023 09:43:01 pm
      The idea that Klopp is going to make some dramatic drastic changes is wrong. The players have to stand up to their responsibilities and it has to obviously start at Palace.

We have 2 home games after that, Wolves and United. So yes the Real game was a disaster but the club, players and manager have to get a grip and do what they are handsomely paid to do...win football games.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #13: Feb 22, 2023 10:10:14 pm
      Haven't been to Selhurst Park in a while, think last time was fa or league cup I can't recall but we got beat 2-1 under Rafa, Stevie scored and everyone else looked sh*te. Not an easy place to go. I suppose at least now we have all our eggs in once basket it's sh*t or bust, no excuses, go for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #14: Feb 22, 2023 10:20:10 pm
      Not the easiest place in the league to go to and especially given the result last night.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what we should do especially in midfield.

I still think we've major issues there both in terms of form and formation/tactics.

Maybe a sold 2 with one in front is the way forward as many of us have looked for this season?

Allison

Trent     Matip     Virgil     Robertson

Bajcetic      Henderson

Salah            Elliott          Nunez

Gakpo
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Feb 22, 2023 10:28:17 pm
      Do you really think it's going to matter?

Honestly...this is the exact opposite of a couple of years ago...then I didn't think it would matter who we put out there...we'd always win...now it doesn't matter who we put out there...I think we'll struggle.

Yes, the freshness of the team will be one of the factors that will determine how well they perform on a given night.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #16: Feb 23, 2023 03:59:01 am
      What worries me is the fallout from that Madrid game. As soon as Madrid equalised, the players shoulders dropped and the will to fight disappeared.

I really worry about the confidence and the mental state of the players. So far, we thrived because of the mentality (“mentality monsters”). So what applies positively can also have a negative spin to it.

We can’t even look to the squad to step up. Jürgen seems to have just given up on Keita, Ox et al. Why can’t we just give Nat his chance? After all, we played in the champions league because of his heroics the year before?

No expansive football. Just solid defending and a series of 5 to 6 1-0 wins is the need of the hour.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #17: Feb 23, 2023 07:33:15 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Our midfield is awful. I would think twice to play Milner instead of Henderson. Can't be as bad.

We need to be lifted. Hopefully, Gakpo and Darwin continue to lift us.

YNWA, come on Reds.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #18: Feb 23, 2023 11:44:27 am
      Dreading this game
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #19: Feb 23, 2023 04:31:55 pm
      Will Ibou make it ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Feb 23, 2023 08:08:27 pm

He's not that close, is he?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: Feb 23, 2023 08:10:08 pm
      Alisson

TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Bacjetic
      Keita

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #22: Feb 23, 2023 08:14:20 pm
      Alisson

TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Bacjetic
      Keita

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo

I’d be happy with that. What a shame we can’t mix keita with Milners strength.

Quick Reply