Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      7 (17.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (4.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (12.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (9.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (4.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (14.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (7.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      4 (9.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (4.9%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: Mar 01, 2023 09:36:41 pm

Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9102 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Feb 25, 2023 10:10:00 pm
      Thought the Boss was thinking in post match interview,..just at the guy implied Trent won't run through brick walls for the team...."STFU....you pillock.."
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #369: Feb 25, 2023 10:12:00 pm
      I think Klopp is the wrong person for this current team, as he will continue to believe in TAA, Hendo, Firmino, etc and the 4-3-3. Other mangers would change tactics and players and get more from this group

I think he's the absolute best person if we have a proper rebuild and he has a proper team to play his style.

Just wonder what the rebuild looks like with our current owners and no UEFA money 🤔
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023 10:22:18 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #370: Feb 25, 2023 10:16:42 pm
      Either start Fab or don't bother at all his substitute appearances remind me of my Grandad and his first hour after waking how long he needs to get going
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #371: Feb 25, 2023 10:17:26 pm
      Couldn't actually believe us taking Gakpo off when we needed a goal and putting Bajectic on. When has Harvey done anything decent at LW?

Baffling. As was the decision to start that midfield and let two of them play 90 minutes.
      Yep we'd basically given in throwing a CDM on for a striker. It was painful to watch.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #372: Feb 25, 2023 10:22:58 pm
      Just finished watching the game ....I dearly wish I had missed it ! A big shout out to the travelling supporters watching this sh*t show ! It's a bit of a bugger for Jürgen when his subs bench is mostly sh*t too...Palace were so bad we should have been able to score 5 past them today . I sincerely hope Diaz, Nunez ,Konate and Thiago come back swiftly to make our season bearable , We can't get any worse than this so the only way is up and better !
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #373: Feb 25, 2023 10:24:29 pm
      Serious question... Why did we sign Carvalho? Wouldn't have mined seeing him come in for the last 25m. Could he be any worse than the 11 that played tonight.  Maybe he would at least work up a sweat.  Coz today was like watching paint dry.

And what message does it send to him as he watches the crap going on all season, awful performances all around  and STILL not get any minutes. 

How many players actually played for the badge today and left it all out there?

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #374: Feb 25, 2023 10:31:09 pm
      Serious question... Why did we sign Carvalho? Wouldn't have mined seeing him come in for the last 25m. Could he be any worse than the 11 that played tonight.  Maybe he would at least work up a sweat.  Coz today was like watching paint dry.

And what message does it send to him as he watches the crap going on all season, awful performances all around  and STILL not get any minutes. 

How many players actually played for the badge today and left it all out there?

Must have pissed Jürgen off in training I reckon, cos on the pitch he has done pretty well, looked like he actually knows where the goal is. Must have an attitude or something, or he'd be at least be coming off the bench.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #375: Feb 25, 2023 10:32:04 pm
      I felt so apathetic tonight with this game after the Tues debacle, it's a point but it seems so hollow again
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #376: Feb 25, 2023 10:40:46 pm
      Positive is the clean sheet and not allowing any shots on target.
      Negative is two points dropped in top four race and slow ponderous play.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #377: Feb 25, 2023 10:53:31 pm
      Just finished watching the game ....I dearly wish I had missed it ! A big shout out to the travelling supporters watching this sh*t show ! It's a bit of a bugger for Jürgen when his subs bench is mostly sh*t too...Palace were so bad we should have been able to score 5 past them today . I sincerely hope Diaz, Nunez ,Konate and Thiago come back swiftly to make our season bearable , We can't get any worse than this so the only way is up and better !
      Palace are garbage and even a piss-poor Liverpool should wipe the floor with them. We were saying wait till Jota comes back.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #378: Feb 25, 2023 11:01:01 pm
      Sometimes I don't want to heap negativity onto an already bad situation so I don't post my thoughts, just think we are being coached very badly this season and wonder what the hell training sessions consist of when we can't even pass a ball and players are intermittently injured loads.
         Of course, Klopp deserves a time of patience, a bad season, I don't see any signs of this transition period though and how will it even happen in one window when the owners are notoriously stingy meffs? See there is my worry, we all don't have long left in life for all of this lark. ;D soz that got a bit dark there.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #379: Feb 25, 2023 11:06:22 pm
      Palace are garbage and even a piss-poor Liverpool should wipe the floor with them. We were saying wait till Jota comes back.

Will be the same with Diaz expecting him to make a huge difference despite missing most of season always the same
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #380: Feb 25, 2023 11:28:21 pm
      F**k sake!

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #381: Feb 26, 2023 12:07:08 am
      Must have pissed Jürgen off in training I reckon, cos on the pitch he has done pretty well, looked like he actually knows where the goal is. Must have an attitude or something, or he'd be at least be coming off the bench.

Nope. We need to stop making assumptions in defence of Klopp. He's been totally off his game this season - worse than most of the players. His decisions and starting 11s have been shocking. No more can we just pretend that his reasoning must be right - if X player doesn't start, he doesn't deserve it. If X player gets picked, he must be great. Not so.

It seems to be almost the complete opposite. He must be amazing in training and have a brilliant attitude so Klopp hasn't picked him.  :f_tongueincheek:
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Live: Crystal Palace V Liverpool
      Reply #382: Feb 26, 2023 12:08:42 am

Need to go out there with a super strong performance so they can convince themselves that it is somehow possible to beat Real by 4 goals.. or if not, just win.

Sakes... didn't get none of that.  :roll:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #383: Feb 26, 2023 12:14:04 am
      Wow! That was bad! The nightmare continues…
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #384: Feb 26, 2023 12:46:53 am

Christ, jota hasn't started since October
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #385: Feb 26, 2023 01:02:07 am
      We've been doing the same things for 5 seasons now, it's not hard to read the patterns, the movements, the runs, the traps we set..

We have become so predictable! All Palace did tonight was block any outlet from Defence to Midfield and we looked clueless. We just passed sideways and backwards for 90 minutes.

If we did play a longball to beat the press we just got beat in the air because the average height of out side is 5ft 6.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #386: Feb 26, 2023 02:01:00 am
      Hope Nunez gets back soon.  God knows what we are going to do about a midfield until the summer though.  They are all f**king hopeless.

The big man gets a lot of sh*t for not finishing his chances regularly enough, but the biggest compliment I can give him is that we've looked completely toothless and void of attacking quality in most of the games he's missed.  At least when he's on the pitch, he causes chaos and we usually get a few decent chances from it. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #387: Feb 26, 2023 02:57:13 am
      Interesting to see if Ben doak will be involved on Wednesday especially as he is fit again  and scored twice and set up 2 more for the under 21's. Probably will end up playing in the UEFA youth league game v Porto on Wednesday
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #388: Feb 26, 2023 04:10:50 am
      Hate to say it but this will be a 3/4 window rebuild, taking us up to Jürgen’s departure season,
      We’re talking 6,7,8 players here at least, we have fallen off the cliff and still dropping, the lack of investment as well as Jürgen’s stubbornness has resulted in a squad devoid of team spirit or cohesion,

We once could pride ourselves in our togetherness but sadly that has long gone and now it looks like we play like we’re strangers, gathered together for a quick runaround,

They say the bigger you are the harder you fall, I can’t think of a more accurate analogy that describes our capitulation from attacking on all four fronts last season to the total failure of this, it’s abundantly clear & obvious that this version of LFC is broken and not even Bob the builder can fix never mind Jürgen,

In the grand old days of Bob Paisley re freshing the squad was a regular season on season, he would keep every squad player on their toes not knowing if the new season would be their last, especially those who had shoe in starts most weeks and a new face would appear challenging your position,

For how many seasons did we scream out for back up for Trent & Robbo, same for a creative midfielder, and a capable keeper, before Mo we were lacking attacking options, as we type we won’t be far off having to look for replacements for them too by the time we have rebuilt the current squad,

It seems inevitable we’ll out of Europe after our visit to Madrid, and we’re a defeat or two away from being out of the CL altogether next season, I’d prefer us not playing Thursday/Sunday although I suppose we’ll get used to it, anyhoo in the event of both of the above scenarios happening are real and if so then I wouldn’t mind if Klopp wielded the axe early and introduced a few kids from the academy to see out the season,

Minimally it’s a base to start from, see what we have in house before spunking the many millions it’s likely to take for us to be a threat again,

Whatever it takes basically, that’s where we’re at sadly now, none of us know the extent of investment FSG need to make to allow Jürgen’s targets to arrive but we’re talking probably record breaking numbers here, it has to be, that’s the price raised by the oily lot that buys the success they crave, and we have to spend similar crazy amounts just to dine at the top table,

I think most of us since last Tuesday have been on our collective knees, compounding the pain with that sh*te show at Palace, not sure I’ve felt so low in quite a while, but although it doesn’t feel like it right now we will be back, we were born in 1892, we’ve been lower than this in our life and risen like the phoenix, we will do again, cos we have that Bouncebackability all great teams have,

We are LIVERPOOL and we belong in the upper echelons of Europe’s elite clubs, we’re simply having a sabbatical and recharging of the batteries and injecting new cells, it won’t be long before we’re a powerhouse once more and gathering cups in May !!

YNWA

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #389: Feb 26, 2023 07:11:25 am
      Christ, jota hasn't started since October

Hasn't scored in any of his last 23 games now and counting.

Hope he bangs a header in real soon, that will get his confidence back.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #390: Feb 26, 2023 07:13:48 am
       ;)
      Hate to say it but this will be a 3/4 window rebuild, taking us up to Jürgen’s departure season,
      We’re talking 6,7,8 players here at least, we have fallen off the cliff and still dropping, the lack of investment as well as Jürgen’s stubbornness has resulted in a squad devoid of team spirit or cohesion,

We once could pride ourselves in our togetherness but sadly that has long gone and now it looks like we play like we’re strangers, gathered together for a quick runaround,

They say the bigger you are the harder you fall, I can’t think of a more accurate analogy that describes our capitulation from attacking on all four fronts last season to the total failure of this, it’s abundantly clear & obvious that this version of LFC is broken and not even Bob the builder can fix never mind Jürgen,

In the grand old days of Bob Paisley re freshing the squad was a regular season on season, he would keep every squad player on their toes not knowing if the new season would be their last, especially those who had shoe in starts most weeks and a new face would appear challenging your position,

For how many seasons did we scream out for back up for Trent & Robbo, same for a creative midfielder, and a capable keeper, before Mo we were lacking attacking options, as we type we won’t be far off having to look for replacements for them too by the time we have rebuilt the current squad,

It seems inevitable we’ll out of Europe after our visit to Madrid, and we’re a defeat or two away from being out of the CL altogether next season, I’d prefer us not playing Thursday/Sunday although I suppose we’ll get used to it, anyhoo in the event of both of the above scenarios happening are real and if so then I wouldn’t mind if Klopp wielded the axe early and introduced a few kids from the academy to see out the season,

Minimally it’s a base to start from, see what we have in house before spunking the many millions it’s likely to take for us to be a threat again,

Whatever it takes basically, that’s where we’re at sadly now, none of us know the extent of investment FSG need to make to allow Jürgen’s targets to arrive but we’re talking probably record breaking numbers here, it has to be, that’s the price raised by the oily lot that buys the success they crave, and we have to spend similar crazy amounts just to dine at the top table,

I think most of us since last Tuesday have been on our collective knees, compounding the pain with that Sh*te show at Palace, not sure I’ve felt so low in quite a while, but although it doesn’t feel like it right now we will be back, we were born in 1892, we’ve been lower than this in our life and risen like the phoenix, we will do again, cos we have that Bouncebackability all great teams have,

We are LIVERPOOL and we belong in the upper echelons of Europe’s elite clubs, we’re simply having a sabbatical and recharging of the batteries and injecting new cells, it won’t be long before we’re a powerhouse once more and gathering cups in May !!

YNWA

More pain to come mate but " At the end of a storm, There's a golden sky ,And the sweet silver song of a lark"
      round about August will see us back to normal. ;)
        YNWA

Quick Reply