Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      2 (3.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (3.4%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (8.6%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.2%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      8 (13.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      12 (20.7%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (5.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 05, 2023 09:54:36 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7681 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Mar 01, 2023 10:47:27 pm

It was Sarabia's early one wide (from the corner I think) that was the big xG chance apparently.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #300: Mar 01, 2023 10:59:52 pm
      Some encouraging signs.

Sunday will take something altogether different.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #301: Mar 01, 2023 11:26:30 pm
      Some encouraging signs.

Sunday will take something altogether different.

In a race against time to make this game. My Mrs is 40 on Friday.
      Sunday morning we move from hotel in Knutsford (11am checkout) then back to ours on Wirral, pick our kids up then head to Filey Bay accommodation which is a good 3 plus hours with kids and the dog in the car. It's tight.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #302: Mar 01, 2023 11:37:44 pm
      One other thing which was noticeable was that too much of our play is down Mo's side. In the first half especially, Nunez hardly had a touch. I even said he looked disinterested but the truth is we are overloading down the right.

Gets clogged up with Mo getting very little room. (happens nearly every game)We need to stretch the play, bring Nunez into it a lot more. Happens because yes Mo has been our go to guy and also we lack a real playmaker who can spread the play.

In this game we were slightly better balanced in the second half, but to get the best out of Nunez....get him into the game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #303: Mar 02, 2023 12:13:49 am

Another 20 goal season so far for Mo is it?

Apparently it's all his fault isn't it going off what a lot say?

Up the F***ing reds

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #304: Mar 02, 2023 12:23:20 am
      Sunday morning we move from hotel in Knutsford (11am checkout) then back to ours on Wirral, pick our kids up then head to Filey Bay accommodation which is a good 3 plus hours with kids and the dog in the car. It's tight.

Friday night the big session. Saturday night the civilised session. Sunday breakfast half seven. Its now a 9:30 checkout. 🤞
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #305: Mar 02, 2023 12:28:54 am
      Just back from the match . Nice clean sheet and back 4 all solid. Midfield was iffy  for the majority of the game very passive and negative, Henderson will come in for Elliott who I thought was so wasteful  only got a spring after the opener. Front 3 worked hard and persevered although little disjointed.  On to the Manc scum Sunday
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #306: Mar 02, 2023 12:54:34 am
      Friday night the big session. Saturday night the civilised session. Sunday breakfast half seven. Its now a 9:30 checkout. 🤞

Friday the night of the actual birthday and family meal. Saturday night me and her in Knutsford hotel no kids (the session) the days after with our beautiful angelic children.

Saturday. 👀

Edit: The Sunday drive and checkout is a bad 👀 that doesn't work in my favour after the Saturday session.

Fucks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #307: Mar 02, 2023 01:06:16 am
      Henderson will come in for Elliott who I thought was so wasteful  only got a spring after the opener.

Although he was the one in the right position. Different day he could have had a couple of goals. Henderson isn't going to find those chances. 🤔
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #308: Mar 02, 2023 01:09:37 am
      Friday the night of the actual birthday and family meal. Saturday night me and her in Knutsford hotel no kids (the session)

Yeah. You planned all of that wrong then 😂. I can see your future... Radio 5 Live drowning out the kids and a lesson learned!

Have a great weekend! 🍷
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #309: Mar 02, 2023 01:10:37 am
      Although he was the one in the right position. Different day he could have had a couple of goals. Henderson isn't going to find those chances. 🤔

I missed most of the game? What was Trent like?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #310: Mar 02, 2023 01:13:35 am
      Yeah. You planned all of that wrong then 😂. I can see your future... Radio 5 Live drowning out the kids and a lesson learned!

Have a great weekend! 🍷

It's all about the Knutsford to Saughall Massie to Filey Bay speed of drive
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #311: Mar 02, 2023 07:10:55 am
      3 wins and a draw from the last 4 is that?

Been a while since United rocked up at Anfield thinking of what a win could do for themselves, in a role reversal we have to damage their title chance by taking points off them.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #312: Mar 02, 2023 07:36:27 am

Didn't even mean his chances too be honest was his  general play
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #313: Mar 02, 2023 07:40:20 am
      There was a massive improvement. When Fabinho plays well, the team functions well.

Brilliant Jota for the impossible assist with tight angle.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #314: Mar 02, 2023 07:58:14 am

On his back side sulking thinks he should be playing every week the same way he refused to play for Portugal u21s thinks he should’ve been picked for the Portugal A team
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #315: Mar 02, 2023 10:25:34 am
      A win by a couple of goals and another clean sheet. Huge game on Sunday, need to keep moving in the right direction, by giving Man United a game and at least avoid defeat !
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #316: Mar 02, 2023 10:26:10 am
      I thought we looked better last night. Tsimikas and Jota both came in and played well. At 0-0, I had the confidence that we’d go on to win the game and overall it was a solid performance. We’re not going to be able to fix things completely until the summer but if we can beat United then we will have a really good chance at top 4. Bar a miracle in Madrid, our sole focus is going to be the league.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #317: Mar 02, 2023 12:50:43 pm
      I thought we looked better last night. Tsimikas and Jota both came in and played well. At 0-0, I had the confidence that we’d go on to win the game and overall it was a solid performance. We’re not going to be able to fix things completely until the summer but if we can beat United then we will have a really good chance at top 4. Bar a miracle in Madrid, our sole focus is going to be the league.

Wouldn't say it was a solid performance. Dysfunctional in the first half with most of our attacks down the right and we hit 'heavy traffic' down that side. I would suggest that constantly attacking down our right wing, the play gets clogged up and I would suggest this is one of the reasons Mo has not been as successful since Mane left.

Mane saw his fair share of the action but now with Nunez in and out and having no natural left sided attacking midfielder, are attacks are unbalanced.

We need to play down the left a lot more, giving Nunez a chance and freeing up Mo's side, giving him more space to damage teams. It's a tactical thing obviously but to get the best out of Nunez and indeed Mo, the play has to be spread more evenly.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #318: Mar 02, 2023 01:09:17 pm
      Brilliant win.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #319: Mar 02, 2023 01:36:52 pm
      What a total Cnut of a referee, I mean I know the standard in the EPL is bad but that f**ker last night demoted it further, Tierney isn’t fit to ref at amateur level never mind the best league in the entire cosmos, this typical of your PGMOL substandard professionalism to the beautiful game,

The fact that they think they are doing a good job is worrying, they are so far removed from the modern version of football that unless they come up to speed rapidly the game will become a farce, they have even been given all the f***in tools to make their jobs easier but yet they still F**k it Up, Why ? Because they, or the powers at be removed the one true element required in any level of the game and that’s common sense, yes it disappeared years ago I know but all this technology, VAR, goaline tech, Refs miked up as to the ‘Linesmen’ was/is designed to help them not replace them,

We may as well not bother with the ‘b***ard in the Black’ anymore if they can’t/don’t have the wherewithal to actually do their jobs that they are trained for, no one is denying it’s a difficult gig, and Refs training is tough & vigorously demanding,

Footballers can burn themselves out relatively quickly even with their Athleticism, Refs are not obviously at the same levels of fitness but perhaps they should be, and be younger too, all these elements are important for the future of the game,

Controversial I know, but I think attitudes towards referees in football has always had negative undertones, a disrespect that’s undeserved to be honest, look at referees in Rugby, and the respect shown from both sides, players & Refs alike, it would take years for attitudes to change in football, if it ever does, current Refs demand respect but respect has to be earned and will only be forthcoming if Refs were of a higher standard , and that comes down to the governing bodies that run the Referees association, mainly the inept PGMOL,  a bit like the Government, they too like to Dictate rather than Govern !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #320: Mar 02, 2023 02:39:36 pm
      Wasn’t too impressed with last night tbh, we’re at home to f***in Wolves ffs, we should be wiping the floor with, not judging on how we fair against them in our current demise, it was a better performance as of late but we can hardly suck each others dicks just yet believing we’ve cracked it,

IMO, i thought young Bacjetic was superb, again, yes he fluffed a couple times but we’re going to see that quite often as he learns his trade, but the lad at 18 years old, is the f***in business, he kinda went a bit submissive after his yellow, never a booking , and you could see his obvious dismay at that inept Ref, wasn’t too enamoured by Elliot although he has a 50p shaped head and left his shooting boots at the Axa, he linked up fairly well but his end product needs to be better,

We seen glimpses of encouragement from back to front and we probably did just about enough to deserve the points, we were, or at least I was screaming out for a Thiago last night, with Mo, Jota & Nunez up top, he would have slotted those eye of the needle passes and a bit more game intelligence into our play, skills young Harvey will need to adopt into his game,  Cody too would have enhanced our midfield but I can understand the rotation and the benefit of which we’ll need against the MUtants,

Shout out to for Kostas, he was excellent considering he hadn’t featured for a while, so kudos to him for that display, he always gives his all and no one can ask for any more, Konate too did well and for the first time in a while we were solid, Fabinho also had a decent run out and looked like a weight had been lifted off him, Virgil another improved performance topped off by his goal,

All in all it was a good day at the office and nothing more, we got over a hurdle which many hoped would trip us up again, but the mountain is a lot higher on Sunday, where we will need our ‘A’ game,

You won’t need to have Bse in Physics to understand the theory of relativity concerning our next opponents,  all we know is they play in red, are inferior in every aspect, they flatter to deceive, think they’re the biggest on the planet, think they’re the most successful, but we all know the truth don’t we ?

The league table doesn’t lie, unfortunately, they have been better than us of late, have amassed more points than we have currently and hate to say it, it’s hard to imagine we’ll finish above them this season, however, they are extremely vulnerable, take Rashford out, who’s scoring their goals ?

Can’t imagine for one second our lads won’t be up for it Sunday, we need a solid midfield that won’t buckle, so I can see this………..

Alisson
                              Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
                                     Hendo. Fabinho
                               Salah.   Gakpo.  Nunez
                                             Jota

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #321: Mar 02, 2023 11:46:03 pm
      In a race against time to make this game. My Mrs is 40 on Friday.

I know you can make it in time. May the team be inspired by your Herculean efforts to accommodate everybody.

Quick Reply