Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Manchester United; Sunday 5th March 16:30

Read 4521 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Manchester United; Sunday 5th March 16:30
      Mar 03, 2023 10:24:14 pm
      We are coming back into form but United have put together a decent season so far. Of course to read the British press, you'd think they were winning every trophy in sight. OK, nice League Cup win for them, but let's not go crazy just yet.

I think for most fans of my age, this is the team we want to see the boys stuff most. What I used to get over here for a long time was  every American who knew a little bit about football, would automatically jump on United's bandwagon whilst they were winning trophies. Now that new fandom is spread out among a number of teams (including us), but we went through enough years where United were ascendant. Now we've been above them for a good 5-7 years and I really do not want to see them pass us...

So let's beat these.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023 10:30:56 pm by JD »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Manchester United; Sunday 5th March 16:30
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2023 10:32:45 pm
      Ali
      Trent
      VVD
      Ibou
      Robbo
      Fab
      Bajet8c
      Hendo
      Nunez
      Gakpo
      Mo
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2023 10:42:08 pm
      Just win this.
      We will need to be on our game though. I think 2-2
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,795 posts | 464 
      Reply #3: Mar 04, 2023 12:32:08 am
      They will attack Trentā€™s side for 90 minutes. Rashford in incredible form. Going to be tough.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,109 posts | 83 
      Reply #4: Mar 04, 2023 04:26:17 am
      1-4. We are just not good enough and they will try to get revenge for the last years. Just for the record, I hope we win 2-1, maybe Fab will be his old self. A win over these c*nts would go a long way to get us back on track.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #5: Mar 04, 2023 05:25:15 am
      So, our downfall started at OT when we were expected to stuff them there. Their ā€œriseā€ started in that reverse fixture when they were least expected to pull one over us.

It is only natural that we return the favour amidst booming cries of Si Senor!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,851 posts | 406 
      Reply #6: Mar 04, 2023 07:21:06 am
      A City, Arsenal Liverpool treble would be lovely this weekend
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #7: Mar 04, 2023 08:25:54 am
      Bizarre really. If anyone had said last season I'd be worried about a game against these I'd have laughed my head off.

But as it is I am. They are well ahead of us and will feel they've a score to settle after last season. We will need to match their desire and surpass it ... or we've no chance.

Rashford v Trent is a total mismatch and for that reason , and the fact he's a better right back I'd be playing Milner at right back. Won't happen though so we will suffer I'm afraid. But we can't say we've not been warned and JĆ¼rgen was bigging him up in the presser.

In midfield its a big game for Bajcetic. He will find this one tougher than the derby for sure. More great experience for him.

JĆ¼rgen saying Fabinho is back and looking more like himself ... I'm not sold on it to be honest. If he could get back consistent form it would help massively.

They don't concede many ... we find goals hard to come by. 4 clean sheets recently in the league ... against 3 toothless sides and a team with 10 men doesn't inspire much confidence.

I'm clinging to the hope that we can find a city like performance ... crowd will be right up for it and we can get at them and strike early. Going behind doesn't bother them much these days but I don't fancy us chasing it against them. Hopefully Jota and Nunez can find their shooting boots and Mo can find his united form.

So overall ... very low expectations. And looking at April's fixtures we need results this month otherwise April and May will be very painful.

Sorry can't be more positive ... not a game I'm looking forward to. The fact there has been a 50 point swing this season between us and them, and our form for the whole season is probably why I'm struggling to believe for this one 😞
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Mar 04, 2023 08:55:16 am
      1-4. We are just not good enough and they will try to get revenge for the last years. Just for the record, I hope we win 2-1, maybe Fab will be his old self. A win over these c*nts would go a long way to get us back on track.

Glad weā€™ve got two mancs in this thread for tomorrow.   ;D

COME ON YOU REDMENā€¦..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #9: Mar 04, 2023 09:53:45 am
      The thought of a loss at home to these cu*ts is making me feel absolutely horrendous
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #10: Mar 04, 2023 09:57:57 am
      The thought of a loss at home to these cu*ts is making me feel absolutely horrendous

Havenā€™t lost yet mate, donā€™t do it to yourself.

Weā€™ll turn these over and begin the start of a recovery 💪🏼
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #11: Mar 04, 2023 10:14:27 am
      They are on an impressive run, fair enough....but they're nothing special, IF we can play anywhere near our "normal" level I think we come out on top. We can't be running scared of a team with Weghorst in it!
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #12: Mar 04, 2023 10:30:34 am
      They are on an impressive run, fair enough....but they're nothing special, IF we can play anywhere near our "normal" level I think we come out on top. We can't be running scared of a team with Weghorst in it!

Our defence in usually very accommodating for strikers who can't score.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2023 10:39:08 am
      So, our downfall started at OT when we were expected to stuff them there. Their ā€œriseā€ started in that reverse fixture when they were least expected to pull one over us.

It is only natural that we return the favour amidst booming cries of Si Senor!

and the rebirth of Rashford started that night, he hadnt scored for about 2 years until then, so lets make a statement.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #14: Mar 04, 2023 10:56:00 am
      Mostly negative posts so far. Will obviously be a big game. We need more press from the front 3. One of the reasons we are relatively easy to play against is we don't pressure defenders playing out from the back enough.

The other issue which I touched on is spreading the play, making sure Nunez sees more of the ball. In the dysfunctional first half V Wolves he hardly had a touch due mainly to the play being concentrated down Mo's side.

VVD is not the best passer and they should be working on Robbo getting the ball quicker with Gakpo and Nunez finding space to create something.

But good vibes from second half V Wolves.

1-0
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #15: Mar 04, 2023 11:58:52 am
      Our defence in usually very accommodating for strikers who can't score.

4 clean sheets in the last 4 league suggests otherwise F**k sake be positive lad stop looking for the negatives all the time does you no good
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #16: Mar 04, 2023 12:31:17 pm
      Obviously a lot has been made of Trent's defending. No secret it's 1 on 1 where he has struggled. Tackles, interceptions he is as good as any. Is he flat footed, slow off the mark, lacking a bit of courage.?

Is it that teams target him knowing he's weak on 1 on 1 ? Could be that we're so high and that will lead to a lot of 1 on 1 situations.

Can't blame our poor form as his 1 on 1 has been identified 2/3 seasons ago. He'll come under close scrutiny today. I still back him as he isn't that bad a defender that we can do without his attacking support play.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Mar 04, 2023 01:32:57 pm

Lets hope it continues.   :f_whistle:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #18: Mar 04, 2023 01:43:42 pm
      Never thought I would see the day where I wanted Milner to start in our midfield. Old legs or not I still feel he protects trent down that side of the pitch than Henderson does so I would have him there.

This is a must win game for us here as a massive performance here puts us in good stead for the top four battle we find ourselves in, there is still hope.

Gakpo is also a must start for me with him slotting in the middle with Nunez out left and Salah out right. Those three seem to slowly be getting better at linking up with one another and seeing Gakpo come deep and hold the ball well with Salah or Nunez running in behind is exactly what we need.

Let's go redmen! YNWA!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #19: Mar 04, 2023 02:10:06 pm
      Utd are punching above their weight in my opinion.
      Watched one recent game and when they lost possession, they packed their defence with 9 outfield players. Then hoof fed it up to rashford who either held it up waiting g for support, or raced on alone.
      Not a great deal of quality football, but a lot of angry players pushing, shoving and growling all over the pitch.
      Not very impressed me.
      Iā€™m not sure they will cope with Nunesā€™s pace and mo will keep them busy as always.
      We just need to keep the long ball service through the gaps or over the top, to a minimum and cut out their service.
      Iā€™ve gone for 2-1 but I think it could be 3-1 if all our lads turn up with the right attitude.

Theyā€™ll be thinking, weā€™ve just gotta cope with the first 15 mins onslaught.
      Well letā€™s make it a full on 90+ minutes onslaught.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN !
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #20: Mar 04, 2023 02:11:41 pm
      4 clean sheets in the last 4 league suggests otherwise f**k sake be positive lad stop looking for the negatives all the time does you no good

As I said in my post mate ... clean sheets against 3 toothless teams and one with 10 men where we could still have shipped 4 or 5 on another day doesn't convince me.

But yeah probably need to get in a more positive frame of mind. I'll be happier when the game starts ... kick every ball then.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #21: Mar 04, 2023 02:24:29 pm
      As I said in my post mate ... clean sheets against 3 toothless teams and one with 10 men where we could still have shipped 4 or 5 on another day doesn't convince me.

But yeah probably need to get in a more positive frame of mind. I'll be happier when the game starts ... kick every ball then.

We can do these . Midfield for me is the key if we can hold our own there we can win no problem.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #22: Mar 04, 2023 02:52:14 pm
      We can do these . Midfield for me is the key if we can hold our own there we can win no problem.

Yeah. I assume they'll play 4231 ... we need to get a hold of their offensive players. I'd love to see us match up with our own 4231.

The crowd will be there. Want to see us start with real intent ... lay a marker down and tear into them and then keep going.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #23: Mar 04, 2023 03:34:11 pm
      Yeah. I assume they'll play 4231 ... we need to get a hold of their offensive players. I'd love to see us match up with our own 4231.

The crowd will be there. Want to see us start with real intent ... lay a marker down and tear into them and then keep going.

Case of heads I win tails I win really..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #24: Mar 04, 2023 05:18:25 pm
      Spurs Losing to wolves today gives us an opportunity to beat utd and get to 3 points behind spurs with a game in hand.
      Surely thatā€™s enough incentive to give it your all !
      Come on red men, letā€™s do this !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #25: Mar 04, 2023 05:40:52 pm
      Spurs Losing to wolves today gives us an opportunity to beat utd and get to 3 points behind spurs with a game in hand.
      Surely thatā€™s enough incentive to give it your all !
      Come on red men, letā€™s do this !

So technically 4th place is now in our hands?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: Mar 04, 2023 05:50:06 pm

Long way to go still, but Spurs and Newcastle losses helpful. A win tomorrow would help more.

rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #27: Mar 04, 2023 06:05:47 pm

Actually In Brightons hands . Long way to go with some real tough games still a big ask but Newcastle are struggling to score and Spurs just Spurs
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #28: Mar 04, 2023 06:16:54 pm
      There is hope. Even LondonRed can see a path to top 4. We simply have to turn in a performance tomorrow.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #29: Mar 04, 2023 06:45:39 pm
      After the Newcastle and spurs result, it would be too perfect if we get 3 points tomorrow right?

Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #30: Mar 04, 2023 06:52:43 pm
      Utd are not a great side - they play like Real Madrid and win games in bursts of great play.
      Surely we know how to play against this kind of team and can nick a draw ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2023 06:58:09 pm
      It would be great to beat Utd, although they are on a decent run to be fair. I am going for a score draw, please Reds prove me wrong and win !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2023 07:05:40 pm
      There is hope. Even LondonRed can see a path to top 4. We simply have to turn in a performance tomorrow.

Ha ha!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2023 07:20:58 pm

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: Mar 04, 2023 07:21:52 pm
      Utd are not a great side - they play like Real Madrid and win games in bursts of great play.
      Surely we know how to play against this kind of team and can nick a draw ?

Hope we play like Madrid did against you lot.  ;D
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #35: Mar 04, 2023 07:55:14 pm
      Every home team won today in PL. ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Mar 04, 2023 08:06:48 pm
      Every home team won today in PL. ;)

Tomorrow another day...   ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #37: Mar 04, 2023 08:16:15 pm
      Gave my ticket to my nephew for his 21st heā€™s always been my lucky mascot up there so hereā€™s hoping he carries on tomorrow, Come on you reds win in style or win ugly donā€™t give a sh*te just donā€™t let these cu*ts do us on our own patch .
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2023 08:28:46 pm
      Gave my ticket to my nephew for his 21st heā€™s always been my lucky mascot up there so hereā€™s hoping he carries on tomorrow, Come on you reds win in style or win ugly donā€™t give a sh*te just donā€™t let these cu*ts do us on our own patch .
      Hope his good fortune caries us through, all the best young man, by the way, hope you have a big win for a big day for you, enjoy regardless mate
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #39: Mar 04, 2023 08:59:01 pm
      Mo needs to stand up to Martinez tomorrow went Chuck.Norris in first game when he left a bit on him
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #40: Mar 05, 2023 12:20:33 am
      Back and forth all week wondering how this will go. Must have changed my prediction 10 times now. Considering everything, the form Utd are in and all that..iv got a feeling we might do this. I think Nunez is going to be vital and if we can keep it solid at the back we might nick this. Going 2:1..Let's F***ing have em..COYR.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #41: Mar 05, 2023 06:45:11 am
      The defence needs to play their part today, if we have any chance particularly with Rashford in good form. We also need Salah to show up today and hit the target !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #42: Mar 05, 2023 07:41:32 am
      Advantage United here. They are in much better form than us. On top of that, with a poor record for 7 years at Anfield, I feel they have the bigger point to prove - more incentive.

Going to need some season best performances from a few of the lads to get all the points today.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #43: Mar 05, 2023 08:26:40 am
      If it wasnā€™t for that Real result I would have been confident with at least a draw but thatā€™s changed now.

I have no idea how this game is going to go but considering form, I canā€™t see United losing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Mar 05, 2023 09:30:54 am
      Probably a draw today, but a win would be mighty pleasing.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #45: Mar 05, 2023 11:21:58 am
      Advantage United here. They are in much better form than us. On top of that, with a poor record for 7 years at Anfield, I feel they have the bigger point to prove - more incentive.

Going to need some season best performances from a few of the lads to get all the points today.

Agree. They are bang on it and will want to avenge getting beat 9-0 last season and 5-0 at home.

If we arnt 100% on it today I can't see us getting anything. A few lads in work rubbing it in saying weghorst has been waiting for our defence and they've bet on a win and him to score. I'd love to put it up em tomorrow.

I'd 100% play Milner at right back. He does a good job there. The city game he was great.

I'd match up with their 4231 as well. Bajcetic and either hendo or fabinho in front. Jota, Salah, Gapko and Nunez the 4 infront. Nunez through the middle to put himself about.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #46: Mar 05, 2023 11:37:52 am
      Pressure is on them. Everyone is crowning them revived, so if they lose to us it all goes to sh*t. Not to mention a couple hiccups and they are in a fight for fourth.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Mar 05, 2023 12:08:14 pm
      Nunez hat trick incoming.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Mar 05, 2023 12:59:47 pm
      Absolutely f***in gutted, Iā€™m gonna miss this as I fu**ed up the date, thought the game was the 4th not the pissin 5th, first Manc game Iā€™ve missed in fuckn yrs, anyhoo, Iā€™ll leave you with this..

ā€¦.              George Bestā€™s a piss head, Cantona kicks your head, Peter Schmeichel gives you head,
                        Fergies  time was never wrong when Nicky Butt sucked on that bong, Beckham thought
                        He was the dogs with his pouty bi*ch and fancy togs, Rio with his camel lips talking sh*te
                        For BT dips, Ladyboy as ever the tranny while Rooney shags another granny, and Giggsyā€™s life
                        So full of strife cos he was shagging his brothers wife, but Keane took them by the hand, then
                        Crippled poor Alfie Haaland, just some of the sh*t that floated around that Fergie demand stay
                        Underground, worst of all was that Cnut Giggs who epitomises thoseā€¦..

ā€¦. SCUMMY F**k PIGS !!!

UP THE f***in REDS !!!

Y  N  W  A
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #49: Mar 05, 2023 12:59:59 pm
      Spurs lost yisterdee.. so we should go out and be very positive. Time to use Bobby's great experience so..

Ali...TRENT Konate VVD Robbo......Hendo,Bajcetic....Bobby....Mo Gakpo Nunez.

Bobby just off the front 3. He's fit and chomping at the bit to start and can sneak in on the blind side. Can link up with Gakpo and Nunez.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #50: Mar 05, 2023 01:05:16 pm
      The first time under JĆ¼rgen where I think I would take a draw a home and just move on.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #51: Mar 05, 2023 01:13:54 pm
      2-1 Liverpool.
      Done.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #52: Mar 05, 2023 02:19:59 pm
      Anyone think Milner will start today 🤔
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #53: Mar 05, 2023 02:54:38 pm
      The first time under JĆ¼rgen where I think I would take a draw a home and just move on.

Would not take a draw against these under ANY circumstances. We are at Anfield...THEY would be happy with a draw..we go out to win..that applies to every game at Anfield.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #54: Mar 05, 2023 02:56:40 pm
      Anyone think Milner will start today 🤔

In the frame for a midfield place. I wouldn't play him in place of Trent.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #55: Mar 05, 2023 03:18:50 pm
      Give us some joy out of this sh*t season and crush these fuckers lads.
      Theyā€™ve lifted the carabao cup once within the last 5 years and everyoneā€™s making out Herr ten Hagg is ushering in the second coming and a decade of dominance. Surreal.
      Letā€™s bring them back down with a bang.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #56: Mar 05, 2023 03:22:36 pm
      In the frame for a midfield place. I wouldn't play him in place of Trent.

Rumours No Bajetic and Henderson in . Elliott keeps his place which I don't agree with . Gakpo for Jota
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #57: Mar 05, 2023 03:27:05 pm
      Surely we must have a new injury?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #58: Mar 05, 2023 03:28:51 pm
      Just do these bas**rds big time, give them a proper good going over and teach them a lesson or two, I agree with Hardcoresoldier 2-1 to the mighty REDS of Anfield.

Quick Reply