Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      5 (9.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      7 (13.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (3.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      34 (64.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Oct 12, 2023 03:55:56 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11594 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 511 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 08, 2023 08:59:45 pm
      The result is not bad but I'm disappointed with the performance. We still seem to have some of that complacency from last season, dropping our intensity and concentration too easily, seeming to think we will win games without having to be really on it for 90 minutes.

Thought Mo, Darwin, Dom n Trent all played pretty well (actually Matip too, thought he and Trent were a bit unlucky to be subbed albeit Mitoma's pace was starting to cause a few problems). Everybody else was pretty meh. Mac struggled for about an hour, picked up a bit in the second half. Robbo had a bit of a shocker all round.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #484: Oct 08, 2023 09:06:59 pm
      I don't understand where all the pessimism is coming from. There are a lot of new players in this team, a lot of young players as well. We have a good squad but they still need time playing together and developing.

We had a difficult start to the season with tough opponents and some dodgy refereeing decisions costing us points.

Despite that we have 17 points, 1 behind city and 3 behind Arsenal and Tottenham. Brighton have 16 points and are a good team, we got 1 point of them last season.

This season is progressing better than I expected, Klopp 2.0 is going ok IMO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #485: Oct 08, 2023 09:08:58 pm
      So after 8 games, would u say we need to use the January window or do we have enough talent around?

I still think we need a 6. Mac ain’t it. And if Endo isn’t good enough to get a game there I’m not sure why we bought him.  I think the rest of midfield should be fine, attack we should be good. Defense I think we could upgrade but doubt we will do so.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3358 
      Reply #486: Oct 08, 2023 09:11:34 pm
      I don't understand where all the pessimism is coming from. There are a lot of new players in this team, a lot of young players as well. We have a good squad but they still need time playing together and developing.

We had a difficult start to the season with tough opponents and some dodgy refereeing decisions costing us points.

Despite that we have 17 points, 1 behind city and 3 behind Arsenal and Tottenham. Brighton have 16 points and are a good team, we got 1 point of them last season.

Some by their nature are nothing but negative

Some expected everything to be turned around overnight

It was always going to take time and there was always going to be bumps in the road and there is still work to do be done.

It’s not instant success and the team still need to develop and move forward - unfortunately some don’t have the paitence for that.

We are going to drop more points through the season - every single team will do , long way to go yet
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #487: Oct 08, 2023 09:23:43 pm
      Some by their nature are nothing but negative

Some expected everything to be turned around overnight

It was always going to take time and there was always going to be bumps in the road and there is still work to do be done.

It’s not instant success and the team still need to develop and move forward - unfortunately some don’t have the paitence for that.

We are going to drop more points through the season - every single team will do , long way to go yet

We had a few seasons when we were playing football that was outstanding, winning almost every game, getting 90 points and competing with Man City's oil state funded team. That was beautiful football and the best most of us have ever seen. But it was only a few seasons and not representative of the last 30 years.

To many people appear to expect us to be like that every game, every season and have ridiculously high expectations of the team. I hope this team can develop to be as good as Klopp's first team but I don't expect them to play perfectly every week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3358 
      Reply #488: Oct 08, 2023 09:28:55 pm
      We had a few seasons when we were playing football that was outstanding, winning almost every game, getting 90 points and competing with Man City's oil state funded team. That was beautiful football and the best most of us have ever seen. But it was only a few seasons and not representative of the last 30 years.

To many people appear to expect us to be like that every game, every season and have ridiculously high expectations of the team. I hope this team can develop to be as good as Klopp's first team but I don't expect them to play perfectly every week.

Spot on

This is a new team with a lot of young players and it’s going to take time to develop up

If they get it right this team has the potential to bring in the big trophies again
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3358 
      Reply #489: Oct 08, 2023 10:02:23 pm
      https://x.com/dn9lfc/status/1711034478531883307?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Watching this again and I’m struggling to see how it’s not a clear goalscoring opportunity , the defender wouldn’t have got there if Dom wasn’t pulled back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3358 
      Reply #490: Oct 08, 2023 11:28:42 pm
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #491: Oct 08, 2023 11:31:07 pm

Watching this again and I’m struggling to see how it’s not a clear goalscoring opportunity , the defender wouldn’t have got there if Dom wasn’t pulled back

Check complete, check complete.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #492: Oct 09, 2023 12:24:59 am

It’s absolutely a goal scoring opportunity. It’s not even debatable. Once again the referees can’t apply the rules of the game correctly even with the aid of VAR.

It’s getting ridiculous at this point that every week we have to wonder what they will screw up each week.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #493: Oct 09, 2023 12:34:28 am

Another game changed by refereeing decisions against Liverpool
      The pattern remains.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #494: Oct 09, 2023 07:08:56 am
      Decent draw suppose. Could have won it and lost it.

All good. They are very good team
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #495: Oct 09, 2023 07:10:38 am

Correct
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #496: Oct 09, 2023 11:21:05 am
      think it is more realism rather than pessimism . TO be fair this could have gone either way with new players coming in but 3 points of the top will do me I trust we will really kick in for the last 15 or 20 games maybe not enough to win the title but a challenge all the same.
      Get our two SPanish midfielders fit and we will have so many options there is however some concern over our defence.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #497: Oct 13, 2023 11:59:49 pm
      Quote from ruthcity
      Check complete, check complete.

The ref played advantage, so he would have given the penalty if Diaz wasn't fouled. As Diaz was fouled, he gave the penalty for that instead, which in itself probably wasn't a red. What is to not understand about that? We're now 14 games unbeaten with Taylor as ref.

Mind you, we were awful until then, or as Aldo put it best early on, we were "still in bed". The first goal showed that. Endo was bought for this kind of fixture, (and the one before that) and if he's sitting on the bench for it, he may as well not have bothered coming here. I accept that Jürgen beds players like him in slowly, but we don't really have a great new midfield, if there's a vital cog missing in these kind of games. Alexis is not a defensive midfielder, he can't do it, and if someone like me notices it, surely Jürgen can, and try something else. Ryan's miss after half time dropped the two points, and imo he looks like the player Bayern Munich got, rather than the player Ajax had. Only Dominik looks anywhere near the standard of midfielder we need, at this time.

With City dropping points again, the result isn't too bad. With 4 games to come before the trip to City, we should go there with another 12 points in the bank and full of confidence. Even if it's on at the time everyone hates. At least we'll get it out of the way as soon as we can.

Quick Reply