Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Bobby set to leave in the summer

Read 7557 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Bobby set to leave in the summer
      Mar 03, 2023 01:22:09 pm
      Looks like it's all over for Bobby according to reports . The right decision for both parties maybe one which has been timed well rather than prolonging stay as others have done when clearly past their best
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Bobby set to leave in the summer
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2023 01:40:09 pm
      gutted.

Been one of my fave players of recent times.

Wish him all the best.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2023 01:47:24 pm
      Has been an unbelievable player and one of a kind in his prime but probably the right decision for him and the club.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2023 01:52:51 pm
      TBF. with all the new forwards his playing time would be dropping even more.

So makes sense for himself to move on.

Hopefully he gets a brilliant deal somewhere and keeps playing for years.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2023 01:53:51 pm
      Best of luck to Bobby who has been a great player for this team. He probably saw that his game time would be more limited going forward and decided to find a new challenge instead.

With Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Diaz and Nunez that's a deep lineup to contend against for game time and at 31yo he probably still feels he can play a bigger role on a different team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2023 02:01:14 pm
      Best of luck to Bobby who has been a great player for this team. He probably saw that his game time would be more limited going forward and decided to find a new challenge instead.

With Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Diaz and Nunez that's a deep lineup to contend against for game time and at 31yo he probably still feels he can play a bigger role on a different team.

Young guys like Doak coming through as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2023 02:04:48 pm
      Best of luck Bobby. Top lad, and the right decision to leave in the Summer for both player and club.

I imagine Jürgen knew Bobby was leaving for a while now which is why he's grooming Gapko to be our new false 9 next season. Jota can play this position too.

So next season we will have two left wingers in Nunez and Diaz, two false 9's in Gapko and Jota, and two right wingers in Salah and Doak, with Elliot also able to play here if needed. So we are looking good in all forward areas.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2023 02:06:32 pm
      Young guys like Doak coming through as well.

I think Doak will get a decent amount of playing time next season as the eventual successor to Mo in the RW position.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2023 02:29:05 pm
      Easily my favourite modern LFC player for the joy in his game and the atypical style forward role he played.
      Selfish. Hard working. Pure footballer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2023 02:30:47 pm
      Well F**k. This isn't the news I needed today. One of my all time favorite players. This one will hurt. Wish the last couple years he hadn't been robbed by injuries. A proper legend for the club. Will miss him greatly.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2023 02:56:47 pm
      Sad news, an absolute cornerstone in the history of the club in ending the league drought

It’s definitely the right move, we most likely won’t have cl next year so 4 main forwards are enough next year with a couple of young guns for the Europa etc

His wages saved will be important in investing it elsewhere
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2023 03:14:11 pm
      I was at the Stoke (April 2017) game when he blasted that screamer from about 25 yards out. My favorite memory of him.
      Thank you Bobby and good luck. Your wore the shirt with pride.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2023 03:16:28 pm
      Sad news, an absolute cornerstone in the history of the club in ending the league drought

It’s definitely the right move, we most likely won’t have cl next year so 4 main forwards are enough next year with a couple of young guns for the Europa etc

His wages saved will be important in investing it elsewhere

I'm not giving up on Europe just yet. With that said, this is the right call. And I mean that from a progression point of view. If we had money to burn than absolutely resign him. But with the wage bill having gone up, him getting older, and us having to rebuild, this is the right move.

Firmino is my son's favorite player. He's an absolute legend and IMO is the one player that encapsulates Jurgens philosophy. One of the most selfless players I've ever seen, and one of the smartest. Truly gutted from a Bobby fan point of view. We will be singing this lads name 20 years from now, and that's saying something when you take into account that he isn't scouse or from the UK. Bobby is the perfect embodiment of this game and shows players can capture the hearts and minds of a fanbase by giving their all. I love this kid and will truly miss him.

Scored some massive goals, showed us beautiful link up play, and had the best celebrations. F***ing legend.

My favorite Bobby goal was either the fancy footwork killer against Arsenal or the one that made us Wolrd Champs. What's is yours?
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2023 03:17:29 pm
      Awesome player who was a pleasure to watch.

I don’t really have a strong opinion either way in regards to whether this is the right or wrong decision, but I think it makes sense for him to move on. It’s still sad news but it’s best to leave a hero, and he’s been playing well this season.

Hopefully he can teach Gakpo a thing or two before he leaves.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2023 03:18:49 pm
      Too many awesome goals to name a fave. Think I shall watch some Bobby clips of youtube tonight.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2023 03:36:33 pm
      The guy did well.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2023 04:04:20 pm
      A class act and wore our shirt with pride , probably the right time damn will miss them no look goals and his crazy celebrations ,
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2023 04:06:40 pm
      Just read the article on BBC. Not good news. He is a team player and always put the team first rather then personal glory.

Im going to miss him 😔
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2023 04:30:24 pm
      Gutted. Thought it'd be 50/50 whether he'd stay but can see why he would want a new challenge and more game time as he enters his twilight years. I believe he can still have a decent few years at another club, perhaps at a slower pace. It would good to see him be a cult hero wherever he goes anyway.

Pure footballer. Remember when Henry said if he could play alongside any striker at the time it would be Bobby, such was his class on the ball and awareness of his teammates. A dream for Salah and Mané to play with and he will be much missed. I don't think we have a similar player to him at all tbh.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2023 05:06:20 pm
      Proper news. Firmino was a gem for us for years, kudos to him. But now he's not good enough anymore. He has lost a step. Get rid of him and get rid of other deadwood and we might have a decent 2023/24.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2023 05:15:57 pm
      I'm not giving up on Europe just yet. With that said, this is the right call. And I mean that from a progression point of view. If we had money to burn than absolutely resign him. But with the wage bill having gone up, him getting older, and us having to rebuild, this is the right move.

Firmino is my son's favorite player. He's an absolute legend and IMO is the one player that encapsulates Jurgens philosophy. One of the most selfless players I've ever seen, and one of the smartest. Truly gutted from a Bobby fan point of view. We will be singing this lads name 20 years from now, and that's saying something when you take into account that he isn't scouse or from the UK. Bobby is the perfect embodiment of this game and shows players can capture the hearts and minds of a fanbase by giving their all. I love this kid and will truly miss him.

Scored some massive goals, showed us beautiful link up play, and had the best celebrations. F***ing legend.

My favorite Bobby goal was either the fancy footwork killer against Arsenal or the one that made us Wolrd Champs. What's is yours?

I don’t have a fav goal but remember a few years back (may be a couple), we conceded an early goal and he literally bulldozed through the arsenal defence and dismantled them that game and we ended up thumping them

He’s a legend in the modern Liverpool books, it’s a shame he is leaving with us lagging a bit but it’s defo the right call as his wages, injuries and availability is on the downward trend

Thank you Bobby 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2023 05:27:01 pm
      ❤️

One of the great ones.

That is all.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2023 05:37:59 pm
      Fond memories, one of the most fun players for us and this seasons efforts haven't gone unnoticed, kept us in any potential race which I wouldn't have predicted when the team were playing terrible, many great memories, Good old young Bobby Firmino, love ya man always but life has to move on. he's probably on 120 grand a week which needs to be spent on cigars for the owners so yeah, can't have that. Why is everyone speaking like he's dead? That's the only reason I'm doing it.

Quick Reply