Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bobby set to leave in the summer

Read 7539 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Bobby set to leave in the summer
      Reply #46: Mar 04, 2023 10:33:26 am
      Going to miss him loads but as many have said
      It’s probably the right time for Bobby & the club to part company.
      A real class act & an incredible player that has left us all with plenty of boss memories with plenty more to come before he leaves us
      Best of luck Bobby lad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #47: Mar 04, 2023 11:34:32 am
      Watching them reels think it’s fair to say Fck we got entertained, Klopp is going to have to go some distance to build that type of team again but we’ve done it before and we will do it again
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #48: Mar 04, 2023 12:16:37 pm
      AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are all on "high alert" after it was announced that Roberto Firmino will be leaving LFC.

https://football-italia.net/milan-inter-and-juventus-on-alert-as-firmino-leaves-liverpool/
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #49: Mar 04, 2023 03:14:19 pm
      Theres no way the club 'just found out'.  I think Gapko is his replacement, just like the club knew about Mane and Diaz was his replacement.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Re: Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #50: Mar 04, 2023 09:17:52 pm
      Bobby Firmino - Liverpool legend. Has any player better defined the Klopp era than this man? I don't think so. His last day in front of the Anfield crowd will be an emotional one. 'Si senor...'

Walk on, we'll always be with you Bobby.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #51: Mar 04, 2023 09:50:08 pm
      I’m F***ing gutted. My fav ever Liverpool player after Gerrard.

Heart broken
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #52: Mar 04, 2023 10:09:55 pm
      The best Brendan Rodgers signing?

The best signing during Brendan Rodgers reign. ;)

Sad to see him go, easily one of my favourite players in recent times but the time is right.

RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #53: Mar 04, 2023 10:52:28 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Mar 05, 2023 10:00:42 am
      AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are all on "high alert" after it was announced that Roberto Firmino will be leaving LFC.

https://football-italia.net/milan-inter-and-juventus-on-alert-as-firmino-leaves-liverpool/

Gonna miss those teeth and those kung fu kicks. 😂

Good Luck in your future Si Senor! Thanku for so manny wonderful memories, hope u can give us a few more before you leave us. ❤️

Imagine he goes to Bayern and he links up with Sadio again!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #55: Mar 05, 2023 11:28:38 am
      Gonna miss those teeth and those kung fu kicks. 😂

Good Luck in your future Si Senor! Thanku for so manny wonderful memories, hope u can give us a few more before you leave us. ❤️

Imagine he goes to Bayern and he links up with Sadio again!

Cannot understand the thinking behind Bobby leaving, even now when he is brought on the game is transformed and we step up a gear.

Wouldn't be surprised if our man is really missing the automatic starting selection he is entitled and qualified to command.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #56: Mar 05, 2023 11:59:51 am
      Cannot understand the thinking behind Bobby leaving, even now when he is brought on the game is transformed and we step up a gear.

Wouldn't be surprised if our man is really missing the automatic starting selection he is entitled and qualified to command.
      Sorry Bud can't agree with you there....Club was keen for him to stay but he has decided he prefers to go, he's at the end of his current contract and any new contract offer was likely to be a lower wage etc. All players want to play and not sit on the sidelines, but again I don't think any player is as entitled and qualified for automatic selection as you suggest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #57: Mar 05, 2023 12:24:54 pm
      Just watched bobs 100 goals vid.
      I love the fella, and the vid makes him even better than I remember.
      Absolutely on it when we played at a higher tempo.

What an incredible player. Gonna miss him big time.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Mar 05, 2023 12:51:13 pm
      Respect his decision 100%. Great player for us. Probably got 2/3 seasons left in him and he can still play a part this season.

So long Buddy..
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #59: Mar 05, 2023 01:06:39 pm
      Sad news, still has a lot to offer but maybe his recurring injuries are a part of the reason. If any player has represented what Klopp wants in a player then it is Bobby. Every time he plays i watch him specifically, all the little unseen things he does, the decoy runs, the impossible passes, the no look stuff.

I personally think we should have kept him but we don't know the ins and outs of what has gone on. Wherever he goes i wish him nothing but the best, he has given everything for us. He will always be loved here and sorely missed.

Thank you for everything Roberto Firmino.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #60: Mar 05, 2023 03:51:55 pm

Nobody is entitled to command a starting place regardless of form.

ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #61: Mar 05, 2023 04:06:35 pm
      I'll really miss Bobby. That smile, the kung fu kicks after a goal and the ridiculous footwork, laying the ball on for Mo against Newcastle the other year is one of my favourites.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Mar 05, 2023 04:21:48 pm
      What a wonderful player Bobby has been for us. Made that front 3 tick at it's best, scorer of super goals, such an intelligent player, bags of skill, touch and foresight, plays with a smile on his face.
      Loved watching him. Can only wish him the very very best in whatever he goes onto do.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #63: Mar 05, 2023 07:06:20 pm
      Good to see him smile today with a goal in the first game after the announcement that he will leave the club.

He's been a great player for us but it's probably the right time for him to leave. Gakpo showed today that there will always be new players coming into the team.

YNWA Bobby.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #64: Mar 05, 2023 11:51:04 pm
      Every single player who walks thru the doors at LFC will of course walk back out of those same doors after giving service to our wonderful institution, we’ve seen hundreds of players over the generations who were fan’s favourites, best player, best goal, best pass, best teeth, etc etc,

Roberto Firmino is simply the latest superstar to have made the same journey, he’s certainly been one of my favourites in the 46 years I’ve been in love with the same bird, Kenny was my first, Bobby won’t be the last unless I peg it before he goes,

He’s special, no two ways about it, his skill set above most, like Kenny, he was two yards faster in mind and together with his tricks n flips was always a danger whoever the oppo was, he would work his arse off for the team, from tracking back to pressing and being the first defender, his link up play with Mane & Mo allowed both to score goals aplenty in particular Mo,

I almost changed my avatar to ‘Bobby’s Gnashers’ cos I admire him so much, I had the same kind of respect for Gini too but not quite on the same level for Bobby, there are far too many special moments Bobby has provided during his time here, one that always comes to mind was I think against either Saints or Stoke, can’t remember, red & white stripes anyway and we were in our Orange clobber, 

the ball is fizzed in to him quickly, and with one flick sets up a goal, it looks like a run of the mill back heel flick, but in slo mo he actually lifts & flicks the ball so the defender can’t intercept, typically Bobby using his vision and providing yet another assist, f***in hell, we’re gonna miss ye Bobby la,

Many of us have have experienced fav players leaving or retiring, Kenny, Souey, Jocky back in the day, God, Aldo, Digger, Sami, Alonso, more recently Carra, Gerrard, Gini and now we’re adding Bobby, it is sad always is, but like those before him, Bobby leaves us with his head held high, he will leave us with great pride in his heart and he will leave us with Legendary status ,

“There’s something that the Kop wants you to know, best in the world is Bobby Firmino”
        Si Senor, give the ball to Bobby and he will score !!

Thank You Bobby, YNWA

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #65: Mar 06, 2023 01:17:34 am
      You can literally see his age. He moves slower and his movements do not have the sharpness of previous years. He'd be nothing but a mascot next season and I am glad he has the dignity to understand and leave.

Matip, Henderson and Fabinho will also deserve a close look before extensions.

Milner gets a new 2 year contract from me.

Ox, Jones, Keita...bye.

I also would prioritize to get a mad runners like Robbo before skilled players. You could see in this match: we won because we outworked them, from a skill level they were better and you could even see it thru the ball handling at least in the 1st half.

We need 2 top players, ideally Bellingham and some pitbull runner (Rice?).

This is a thread for giving respect to 1 of the players who changed our narrative. Bobby helped us win the league and everything else. Put this sh*t somewhere else.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #66: Mar 06, 2023 01:56:53 am
      Been one of my Klopp era faves. Even today you knew he'd be the one scooping Salahs shirt up when he broke the record PL goals.

And his goal was pure Firmino filth.

It's probably his time to leave but he will leave with a lot of credit in the bank.

I'm hoping for at least one more no look goal.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #67: Mar 06, 2023 01:59:02 am
      Ok, I removed my post. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what Bobby has done here. He was the hardest worker of the front three, he worked so that Salah & Mané could shine.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #68: Mar 06, 2023 08:14:29 am
      Ok, I removed my post. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what Bobby has done here. He was the hardest worker of the front three, he worked so that Salah & Mané could shine.

Thanks. I've reread my post and think it was too hostile. Sorry for that, I was a bit drunk, on alcohol and  the 7-0 win.

Quick Reply