Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Bobby set to leave in the summer

Read 7560 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Bobby set to leave in the summer
      Reply #69: Mar 06, 2023 12:41:50 pm
      Best move for both him and the club. We have the new players up to we need to integrate and take us forward, and Bobby still has a couple years of top level football in him so a move to a new club where he could get more money and playing time.

It will be a loss for not just the club but the league as he was uniquely skills footballer who brought many great highlights.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Mar 06, 2023 12:50:00 pm
      most successful Brazilian in English football.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #71: Mar 06, 2023 01:13:59 pm
      That will have made him so happy to know he scored in a landslide in his last game against the slime
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #72: Mar 06, 2023 01:16:10 pm
      Such a special player! I am going to miss him loads.. Oh that song too!
      You could just feel how much the club means to him and how much he means to all of us.

A special relationship that ends in the right way... which is a rarity.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #73: Mar 06, 2023 01:19:56 pm
      Hopefully he adds a few more goals before the summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Mar 06, 2023 10:36:21 pm
      Bobby to put us into 7th Heaven.

How fitting!

Loved how he grabbed Mo's shirt and gave it back to him.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #75: May 17, 2023 05:18:59 pm
      Firmino, Keita, Milner and Oxlade-Chamberlain to leave LFC this summer

Liverpool FC can confirm Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

The quartet will each embark on new chapters in their careers following the conclusion of the 2022-23 season, having helped the Reds lift a host of the game’s biggest honours during their spells at Anfield.

The four all played their part in Jürgen Klopp’s side winning the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup in 2019, before becoming the first Liverpool team to clinch the league title for 30 years as they racked up 99 points in 2019-20.

Two more trophies were added to the collection amid a tilt at a quadruple last term, with success in the Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup at Wembley.

Their time with the Reds also included two narrow second-placed finishes in the Premier League, two other Champions League final appearances and victory in the 2022 FA Community Shield, while Firmino and Milner were key figures as Liverpool reached the League Cup and Europa League finals during Klopp’s first season in charge.

With the visit of Aston Villa on Saturday being the Reds’ final home fixture of the campaign, special acknowledgements will be paid to the quartet at Anfield, with further tributes to follow across the club’s digital platforms after the end of the season as we wish Roberto, Naby, James, Alex and their families the very best for the future.

All four players will depart with our gratitude and appreciation for the contribution they have made.
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firmino-keita-milner-and-oxlade-chamberlain-leave-lfc-summer

No surprise really.

But it does mean next year the numbers 7,8,9 & 10 are all available.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #76: May 17, 2023 09:17:33 pm

Liverpool FC can confirm Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

The quartet will each embark on new chapters in their careers following the conclusion of the 2022-23 season, having helped the Reds lift a host of the game’s biggest honours during their spells at Anfield.

The four all played their part in Jürgen Klopp’s side winning the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup in 2019, before becoming the first Liverpool team to clinch the league title for 30 years as they racked up 99 points in 2019-20.

Two more trophies were added to the collection amid a tilt at a quadruple last term, with success in the Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup at Wembley.

Their time with the Reds also included two narrow second-placed finishes in the Premier League, two other Champions League final appearances and victory in the 2022 FA Community Shield, while Firmino and Milner were key figures as Liverpool reached the League Cup and Europa League finals during Klopp’s first season in charge.

With the visit of Aston Villa on Saturday being the Reds’ final home fixture of the campaign, special acknowledgements will be paid to the quartet at Anfield, with further tributes to follow across the club’s digital platforms after the end of the season as we wish Roberto, Naby, James, Alex and their families the very best for the future.

All four players will depart with our gratitude and appreciation for the contribution they have made.
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firmino-keita-milner-and-oxlade-chamberlain-leave-lfc-summer

No surprise really.

All the great numbers are up for grabs.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #77: May 17, 2023 09:38:25 pm
      All the great numbers are up for grabs.

Could just give them all to our front five.

7 - Diaz
      8 - Gakpo
      9 - Nunez
      10 - Jota
      11 - Salah
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #78: May 17, 2023 09:38:30 pm

No surprise really.

Part of me still hoped for a late change of mind with Bobby. That obviously won't happen. Will miss him greatly and Milner. Gutted all that experience and professionalism with milner is just walking out the door to another club.

It's not just on the pitch, off it and in that dressing room milly and Bob will be big losses ... just as Sadio and Gini were.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: May 17, 2023 10:13:25 pm
      Could just give them all to our front five.

7 - Diaz
      8 - Gakpo
      9 - Nunez
      10 - Jota
      11 - Salah

I like that Gakpo uses Kuyt's number.
      Would rather see a midfielder take the no 8.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #80: May 17, 2023 10:42:50 pm
      What is Trent contract situation ? Because I feel like Madrid might come knocking for him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #81: May 18, 2023 07:47:09 am

No surprise really.

Gonna be an emotional day on saturday for anyone that is lucky enough to be there.

Also for the squad, they have all been at the club a long time.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #82: May 18, 2023 10:53:28 am
      What is Trent contract situation ? Because I feel like Madrid might come knocking for him.

If it’s good money, we’d definitely sell no matter who the player is. £500m? Why did we close the deal yesterday? Then as expected, they’ll use the money build a stand and perhaps not bring in anyone.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #83: May 18, 2023 12:14:50 pm
      Part of me still hoped for a late change of mind with Bobby. That obviously won't happen. Will miss him greatly and Milner. Gutted all that experience and professionalism with milner is just walking out the door to another club.

It's not just on the pitch, off it and in that dressing room milly and Bob will be big losses ... just as Sadio and Gini were.

I said it the other day mate, people have been complaining about how old the midfield is, how stale it's become, how Klopp is too loyal to certain players and everything in between then when we announce we're getting rid of the oldest member of the squad there's uproar that we're letting somebody that experienced, that important to the team, that leader leave. We can't have it both ways. Either the squad needs freshening up or it doesn't. And as I said the other day, James Milner has had his day here. It's time for him to go.

The same goes for Bobby, who at the start of the season was being written off by the fans. His complete lack of form was being touted as one of the main reasons why we were misfiring as badly as we were. His lack of energy, his poor touch and his inability to put the ball in the net while Jota and Diaz were on the sidelines was visible to all.

Now the time has come for them to leave, we all remember the good times and our hearts overtake our heads and we start talking about how they shouldn't be allowed to leave. If we want to move forward as a team and a club then we need to move on from Jürgen's first great team and start building his second.

Gonna be an emotional day on saturday for anyone that is lucky enough to be there.

Also for the squad, they have all been at the club a long time.

We've got to make sure though that the emotion doesn't overtake the importance of the match, it's a game we have to win if we want to continue pushing for a Champions League place next year.

I'm sure they'll be given a nice send off from the fans and the club alike but it'll have to be secondary to beating Villa.
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #84: May 18, 2023 12:55:05 pm
      I said it the other day mate, people have been complaining about how old the midfield is, how stale it's become, how Klopp is too loyal to certain players and everything in between then when we announce we're getting rid of the oldest member of the squad there's uproar that we're letting somebody that experienced, that important to the team, that leader leave. We can't have it both ways. Either the squad needs freshening up or it doesn't. And as I said the other day, James Milner has had his day here. It's time for him to go.

The same goes for Bobby, who at the start of the season was being written off by the fans. His complete lack of form was being touted as one of the main reasons why we were misfiring as badly as we were. His lack of energy, his poor touch and his inability to put the ball in the net while Jota and Diaz were on the sidelines was visible to all.

Now the time has come for them to leave, we all remember the good times and our hearts overtake our heads and we start talking about how they shouldn't be allowed to leave. If we want to move forward as a team and a club then we need to move on from Jürgen's first great team and start building his second.

We've got to make sure though that the emotion doesn't overtake the importance of the match, it's a game we have to win if we want to continue pushing for a Champions League place next year.

I'm sure they'll be given a nice send off from the fans and the club alike but it'll have to be secondary to beating Villa.

I get all that mate. With regard to milly I meant it would have been nice if we could have offered him something that kept him and maybe got him on the coaching setup.

He's a serious professional, a great example to younger players and knows the game and retaining all that would have been great in my opinion. The club could only have benefited.  If he wants regular first team football, then obviously we can't offer that.

With regard to Bob. Listen I've been critical of Bobby at times. Similar to milly ... if he wants regular starts then it's tough for us to offer that. But when he's played this season he's been valuable and with no likely additions to the forward line in the summer I'd have liked to have retained him. He'd have got his games and played his part both on and off the pitch.

The above doesn't apply to the likes of chamberlain, melo, keita and one or 2 others. Their time has come.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #85: May 18, 2023 01:09:55 pm
      And if anyone has a couple of spares, give me a call 😂
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #86: May 18, 2023 01:16:06 pm
      I get all that mate. With regard to milly I meant it would have been nice if we could have offered him something that kept him and maybe got him on the coaching setup.

He's a serious professional, a great example to younger players and knows the game and retaining all that would have been great in my opinion. The club could only have benefited.  If he wants regular first team football, then obviously we can't offer that.

With regard to Bob. Listen I've been critical of Bobby at times. Similar to milly ... if he wants regular starts then it's tough for us to offer that. But when he's played this season he's been valuable and with no likely additions to the forward line in the summer I'd have liked to have retained him. He'd have got his games and played his part both on and off the pitch.

The above doesn't apply to the likes of chamberlain, melo, keita and one or 2 others. Their time has come.

I'm sure we'll of offered both of them new contracts but couldn't give them the assurances they wanted in regards to playing time and I think that's fair enough if the club wants to evolve. And given what both have done for the club, it'd be unfair of us to stand in their way.

Milner tends to change clubs every few years anyway, so to have had seven or eight years service out of him is good going. And maybe he just wants to complete the set of areas he's played. He's done Yorkshire, the Midlands, the North East, North West and now down on the south coast. As for Bobby, he's 31 soon to be 32, he probably knows he's only got a couple of years left at the top level and wants to be playing as a regular for those few years rather than being fourth or fifth choice here.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #87: May 18, 2023 01:20:02 pm
      And if anyone has a couple of spares for Saturday, be sure to let me know😂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #88: May 18, 2023 01:47:08 pm

Indeed.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #89: May 18, 2023 01:48:34 pm
      And if anyone has a couple of spares for Saturday, be sure to let me know😂

Good luck mate !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: May 18, 2023 01:48:40 pm
      I'm sure we'll of offered both of them new contracts but couldn't give them the assurances they wanted in regards to playing time and I think that's fair enough if the club wants to evolve. And given what both have done for the club, it'd be unfair of us to stand in their way.

Milner tends to change clubs every few years anyway, so to have had seven or eight years service out of him is good going. And maybe he just wants to complete the set of areas he's played. He's done Yorkshire, the Midlands, the North East, North West and now down on the south coast. As for Bobby, he's 31 soon to be 32, he probably knows he's only got a couple of years left at the top level and wants to be playing as a regular for those few years rather than being fourth or fifth choice here.

yea. Bobby was offered a new deal and Im sure Milner was too.

Both have decided to get out the way of the new era developing now. Fair play to them.

I wont be surpised to see milly back as a coach one day.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #91: May 18, 2023 04:40:38 pm
      As much as I love Bobby this is 100% the right time for him to move on. His body is struggling to deal with the intensity nowadays as shown by the number of muscle injuries he's had in the last couple of years.

Time to let Gakpo grow into the role and time for Bobby to find some game time in a less intense league/tactical setup.

Quick Reply