Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Liverpools run in top 4/6

Read 18332 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Liverpools run in top 4/6
      Reply #299: May 26, 2023 10:46:04 pm
      Funny people having a go at salah. Take him out ... his 34 goals and assists. And we're fuc*ing shi*. Bottom half of the league.

He's carried us on his back. Him and Ali have saved us from humiliation this season.

Don't knock salah ... knock the mediocrity thats all around him. And be thankful we've got him. Because without him we are just a very average football team.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #300: May 26, 2023 11:32:16 pm
      I don't think these recent posts are having a pop at Salah in isolation, it's more he's a part of a team that has underperformed...The word Team is key here. His comments to the press were meaningless...We all know the targets..but the comments sounded a bit like a dig at the other players.
      We are are a team, and they win, lose and draw as a team.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,921 posts | 283 
      Reply #301: May 27, 2023 12:06:36 am
      What would folks prefer;
      1. Reaching QF of Champions League
      2. Winning the Europa League.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 761 
      Reply #302: May 27, 2023 06:26:08 am
      What would folks prefer;

Winning the Europa League, reaching QF of Champions League, does not mean anything to my mind. Prefer a bit of silverware tbh.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #303: May 27, 2023 07:50:46 am
      What would folks prefer;

Wont be any picking QF. Think I prefer Micky Mouse cup than reaching any QF stage  of any comp.  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #304: May 27, 2023 09:20:48 am
      What would folks prefer;

Obviously the latter but not sure what your point is? Are you suggesting it's better to be 5th because we wouldn't have a chance at winning the Champions League next season?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #305: May 27, 2023 09:45:13 am
      I’m happy he’s gutted, that’s what I like to hear from top players who feel they have under achieved, he knows it’s not all about him, he knows his failures are collective failures, he and his teammates should be f***in gutted, they should feel frustration, anger and any other emotion you care to add,

It tells me he’s as passionate as you or I cos collectively we all feel the same, but his passion slightly differs from ours, because we haven’t put in the hard yards they have, our suffering is no way near how the players feel, the effort, the sacrifice they make each and every day, week month of a season, the intensity levels they work to, for us it’s emotional, annoying, frustrating, disappointing yada yada yada, but we walk away, we go and get f***in pissed, get wasted, get yer Willy wet, or punch a couple of walls, but once the dust has settled we look forward to the next emotional rollercoaster,

The boys can’t do any of the above, they learn to live with disappointment, frustration and the feeling of having failed, until the next training session to get rid their angst, but when your destiny is sealed and you can no longer influence results, league position or European spots how or what else is there at a season’s end to vent your frustration, disappointment etc.

I’m glad he’s f***in Gutted, it’s the truest reflection of what it means to him, how much he really cares, this is his peak years, and for most players like Mo peak times don’t last long, perhaps he feels his inevitable downturn has already begun, maybe he feels he won’t reach those peak levels again, of course, by the time the new season starts he’ll be reinvigorated and be as hungry as the next bloke.

YNWA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #306: May 27, 2023 10:11:36 am
      Wont be any picking QF. Think I prefer Micky Mouse cup than reaching any QF stage  of any comp.  :lmao:

you already won that back in Feb.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #307: May 27, 2023 12:02:08 pm
      I’m happy he’s gutted, that’s what I like to hear from top players who feel they have under achieved, he knows it’s not all about him, he knows his failures are collective failures, he and his teammates should be f***in gutted, they should feel frustration, anger and any other emotion you care to add,

It tells me he’s as passionate as you or I cos collectively we all feel the same, but his passion slightly differs from ours, because we haven’t put in the hard yards they have, our suffering is no way near how the players feel, the effort, the sacrifice they make each and every day, week month of a season, the intensity levels they work to, for us it’s emotional, annoying, frustrating, disappointing yada yada yada, but we walk away, we go and get f***in pissed, get wasted, get yer Willy wet, or punch a couple of walls, but once the dust has settled we look forward to the next emotional rollercoaster,

The boys can’t do any of the above, they learn to live with disappointment, frustration and the feeling of having failed, until the next training session to get rid their angst, but when your destiny is sealed and you can no longer influence results, league position or European spots how or what else is there at a season’s end to vent your frustration, disappointment etc.

I’m glad he’s f***in Gutted, it’s the truest reflection of what it means to him, how much he really cares, this is his peak years, and for most players like Mo peak times don’t last long, perhaps he feels his inevitable downturn has already begun, maybe he feels he won’t reach those peak levels again, of course, by the time the new season starts he’ll be reinvigorated and be as hungry as the next bloke.

YNWA
      Everyone with a connection to the club, Staff and supporters are gutted with how the season played out. I don't have a problem with Mo going public (other players might?), though I don't see the point, its a case of stating the bleeding obvious. Our league position is obviously disappointing, but it's not a disaster and we move on...what worried me this season was not just results, but the general way we played.
      Not a season that will linger long in the memory....Next season we go again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #308: May 27, 2023 12:56:35 pm
      Everyone with a connection to the club, Staff and supporters are gutted with how the season played out. I don't have a problem with Mo going public (other players might?), though I don't see the point, its a case of stating the bleeding obvious. Our league position is obviously disappointing, but it's not a disaster and we move on...what worried me this season was not just results, but the general way we played.

Agree, however I’m a great advocate of how our most successful manager ‘Sir’ Bob Paisley managed his players, he alongside Joe & Bugsy got the very best out of everyone of their charges, in Bob’s eyes though he wanted more, wanted better than he had, he was ruthless, and why whilst under his tutelage there was never ever any guarantee of keeping your position, ……

Compare his MO to that of Jürgen their almost polar opposites, Where loyalty seems to be Jürgen’s MO it hasn’t been as affective as Bob’s, now before anyone develops a hernia disputing this, you could argue that Jürgen’s hands are tied with FSG’s restrictive budgeting, but Bob didn’t have anywhere near the kind of financial outlay of today’s clubs have, another argument is Bob had a eye for a player and knew what he was about, just by observing, he could tell if said player was carrying a injury or trying to conceal some kind of issue, he’d study body language and spot something amiss, or indeed something no one else seen, and act accordingly!

We’ve already seen this season our transition is underway, effectively our pre season has already started, the deadwood’s are departing, simultaneously with those we became reliant on and we all await for the new components to arrive and the start of the Klopp era part deux.

My only hope is, he takes a leaf from Bob’s book and becomes more ruthless, and won’t hang onto players too long, last season’s attempt at the whole ‘Shebang’ was the last hurrah of Klopp part one, now the new era begins .

YNWA

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #309: May 27, 2023 01:28:54 pm

Yes bar a couple of performances we were rubbish all season.

I just fear the likes of chamberlain, keita etc who we stuck with for far too long will now just be replaced by others who should be getting moved on.

There's players there who have been great for us ... but are done at the level we need to be at. Its obvious and my fear is we will just carry on regardless. There are others who will be retained who have not been here that long but are always injured.

With a small squad we need them all to be fit and strong most weeks. We can't afford to show sentiment this summer ... or we will be talking about the same things this time next year.

We need a new kingpin CB, a right back, a world class no6 and a no8 and that's just for starters.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,632 posts | 128 
      Reply #310: May 27, 2023 02:34:27 pm
      Come on Salah you can't expect to qualify for the CL if the whole team only turned up for 1/3 of the season. Let's just be happy that this awful season ist finally over tomorrow.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #311: May 27, 2023 03:15:17 pm

Agree, however I’m a great advocate of how our most successful manager ‘Sir’ Bob Paisley managed his players, he alongside Joe & Bugsy got the very best out of everyone of their charges, in Bob’s eyes though he wanted more, wanted better than he had, he was ruthless, and why whilst under his tutelage there was never ever any guarantee of keeping your position, ……

Compare his MO to that of Jürgen their almost polar opposites, Where loyalty seems to be Jürgen’s MO it hasn’t been as affective as Bob’s, now before anyone develops a hernia disputing this, you could argue that Jürgen’s hands are tied with FSG’s restrictive budgeting, but Bob didn’t have anywhere near the kind of financial outlay of today’s clubs have, another argument is Bob had a eye for a player and knew what he was about, just by observing, he could tell if said player was carrying a injury or trying to conceal some kind of issue, he’d study body language and spot something amiss, or indeed something no one else seen, and act accordingly!

We’ve already seen this season our transition is underway, effectively our pre season has already started, the deadwood’s are departing, simultaneously with those we became reliant on and we all await for the new components to arrive and the start of the Klopp era part deux.

My only hope is, he takes a leaf from Bob’s book and becomes more ruthless, and won’t hang onto players too long, last season’s attempt at the whole ‘Shebang’ was the last hurrah of Klopp part one, now the new era begins .

YNWA
      Fair enough..but I'm not overly convinced about this percieved JK lack of ruthlessness. Players have cast iron contracts with suitably high pay packets built in...point being, even if they're unlikely to get much game time, they tend to stick out their contract....There's not really a lot more JK can do to shift them on. The finances in the modern game now dominate how clubs are run and that makes it very difficult to compare MO's.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 270 
      Reply #312: May 28, 2023 08:44:01 am
      Gutted we've nothing to play for today, 12 months ago today was the CL final and now we won't be in the bugger.
      Look forward to seeing a new team, hopefully with that same desire to become the best.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #313: May 28, 2023 03:45:06 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      in the case of football decisions, if a ref calls a penalty, then unless it's Clearly (as in indisputable) an error (lets say it was just outside the box)...then it's unlikely a VAR official will intervene. Human nature.

It's not human nature, and it's not bias, it's the job a VAR has to do.

The ref saw clearly the foul on Gakpo, and gave a yellow. As he didn't miss anything, the VAR can't overrule him.

The other decision was made by the ref when he saw what happened on the monitor. All the VAR did was show him the sequence of events, and left the rest to him.

Some people still seem to think the VAR is the one out there with the whistle, rather than the man in the middle.

Quote from brezipool
      l o l

No chance hes leaving. he will want to prove a point next season get us back at the top of the league and bloody go an win eufa cup.

Without the European Cup to offer him (or anyone else) you cannot guarantee at this point that he won't leave. All e.g. PSG have to do is wave €150m at us and double what we pay, then they'll be off. The budget will be hit as a result of where we finished and personnel on/off the pitch are going to leave. You can't expect no consequences when you miss out on top 4.

But on the pitch, they'll just have to get by without us, in the last year of the current format. 3 of the 4 who qualified last year didn't make it back, so it's finally time someone new from this league got an opportunity to be kicked out of the European Cup by Real Madrid ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #314: May 28, 2023 11:52:58 pm
      Funny people having a go at salah. Take him out ... his 34 goals and assists. And we're fuc*ing shi*. Bottom half of the league.

He's carried us on his back. Him and Ali have saved us from humiliation this season.

Don't knock salah ... knock the mediocrity thats all around him. And be thankful we've got him. Because without him we are just a very average football team.

F***ing Oath

At least he is angry about it.

Hopefully the others follow suit, we have a huge preseason and come out F***ing roaring.

We are the only Team capable of Keeping those cu*ts in 2nd place.

Quick Reply