Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1%)
      Cody Gakpo
      34 (32.7%)
      Darwin Núñez
      3 (2.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      53 (51%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Mar 09, 2023 06:20:56 pm

Liverpool 7-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20797 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,425 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 7-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Mar 06, 2023 12:08:35 am
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #484: Mar 06, 2023 01:16:01 am

Whether there was any afters in the studio we'll never know.

Don’t think we’d ever see Neville again if there was
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #485: Mar 06, 2023 01:27:46 am
      I'm not Carra's biggest fan and apologies for the Martyn Tyler commentary but...

I enjoyed it.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1632458176304934912
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #486: Mar 06, 2023 01:28:42 am

Thanks so much for posting this.

"They said Man United were back...but Liverpool have trounced them "
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #487: Mar 06, 2023 03:01:31 am
      I missed it, what did he say??

Neville said we didn't play well and how United were the better team for the first half. Said the scoreline was a freak result and then Souness started rattling off all the hidings they've taken this year to say it isn't a freak. And then the result was more about how poor United were rather than how good we were.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #488: Mar 06, 2023 03:25:47 am
      Anyone know what the Nunez/Gakpo celebrations were all about?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #489: Mar 06, 2023 03:49:16 am
      Haa Ha! I didn't see that coming. What a result!
      Those ManC players, led by their captain, are such petulant kids who were throwing their toys out of their prams.

I loved how Jürgen did not want to do the fist bumps at the end. He is a man on a mission. To be within 3 pts off top 4 and 7 pts off "quadruple-chasing-United" (Meh!) after the season we have had is fantastic.

Let us a have a strong finish to the season, fellas!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,425 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #490: Mar 06, 2023 07:00:43 am
      Neville said we didn't play well and how United were the better team for the first half. Said the scoreline was a freak result and then Souness started rattling off all the hidings they've taken this year to say it isn't a freak. And then the result was more about how poor United were rather than how good we were.

https://twitter.com/nickmurftweets/status/1632467005138714625?t=npR8-PkCfKPMh0a_yNJgLQ&s=19
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #491: Mar 06, 2023 07:28:01 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #492: Mar 06, 2023 09:06:09 am
      When we click with these new guys more teams are in for a bettering like last night.

Just wait for Diaz to come back and add to this forward line.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,679 posts | 145 
      Reply #493: Mar 06, 2023 09:21:10 am
      Funny how every rival fan was supporting us yesterday, I guess United are more hated than us for sure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,934 posts | 3407 
      Reply #494: Mar 06, 2023 09:34:30 am
      All rather peaceful this morning it seems

🥳
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #495: Mar 06, 2023 09:35:29 am
      I’m still absolutely buzzing. Such a good feeling - we love you Klopp!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1477 
      Reply #496: Mar 06, 2023 10:12:10 am
      Having a F***ing field day with the mancs on site today.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #497: Mar 06, 2023 10:14:43 am
      It's taken me till now to get an Internet connection in the clouds that still up in :-)

What a performance .... especially 2nd half. Could have been more ... we missed some chances as well.

Fabinho ... that's more like it. A couple of small steps lately but that was a big stride. Really good.

The front 3 are starting to gel ... I still prefer nunez through the middle and gapko left.

Much better defensively ... they never really got a sniff after the header that just went wide.

Need to follow this up now and keep going.

Well done red men.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,934 posts | 3407 
      Reply #498: Mar 06, 2023 10:15:33 am
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 574 posts | 52 
      Reply #499: Mar 06, 2023 11:03:42 am
      I was gigging yester day, the pub had the tv on behind the band ,f***in glorious.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,372 posts | 2821 
      Reply #500: Mar 06, 2023 11:06:54 am
      Absolutely incredible. We probably won’t win a trophy this year but this team has created a memory that I will never forget.

United were cocky as F**k yesterday, you could tell on the pitch that once they weathered our early storm they thought the game was in the bag. As soon as we battled through that 15 minute spell they had we tore them apart.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #501: Mar 06, 2023 11:22:20 am
      Alisson - had bugger all to do most of the game and still managed to find time to slip another mistake onto his list of errors. Obviously it'll be glossed over because it didn't lead to anything and we ended up twatting those cu*ts 7-0 but on another day that mistake could of lead to them getting a pen and a possible way back into a game they had no right being in. On the plus side though, I thought his handling was very good.

Alexander-Arnold - had one of his quieter games yesterday, which is possibly why we were a lot more solid at the back because we played with a back four rather than a right back playing as a free roaming liability. A very good performance rather than the headline ones he's produced in the past.

Konate - the man is a F***ing beast. We look better with him in the team and those around him perform better. Probably should of got himself on the scoresheet with his header but other than that, hard to find any faults in the big man.

Van Dijk - I worried about his performance when the first time Rashford got in behind him he just tried to lean on the United forward rather than dealing with the ball and ended up having to give a corner away but after that looked as assured as ever - bar the one real chance they had where Rashford snuck in behind him and fluffed his lines, showing the difference between an average forward who's just in good form and the permanently world class forwards we have.

Robertson - is highly unlucky not to have more votes for man of the match because the Jock was F***ing outstanding and set the tone for the team performance from the off. Could of got himself a couple of goals as well as a couple of assists if he had a right foot. Absolutely fantastic yesterday and in fairness, his levels haven't dropped anywhere near as much as the rest of the teams this year.

Elliott - had the sort of performance I think we'll see a lot more of during his Liverpool career. And by that I mean he was very hot and cold on the ball, an easy pass out wide on the halfway line that they cut out and broke from to the excellent cross for Nunez's first that put the game to bed. Without the ball though, he was doing the donkey work like he always does.

Fabinho - has been performing well over the last few weeks and yesterday was no different. A really good solid performance in the middle of the park. I don't know if his form going to pot and his missus being pregnant were just coincidences but since the birth of his little 'un, he's been performing much better on the pitch.

Henderson - done what he's done so many times for us down the years. A no frills, no highlight reel performance but covered every blade of grass and was a vital part to a huge victory. He and Fabinho have been written off lately but the last few weeks have shown that they still have a role to play.

Salah - was rather good wasn't he? Simply put, that was as good as Mo Salah has played in a Liverpool shirt in my opinion. He wasn't the greedy c**t he's been in the past and still ended up with a brace. Two instinctive finishes to break Fowler's record. Link up play with his fellow forwards as well as Trent and Harvey down the right. 12 in 12 against United. Unbelievably good yesterday.

Gakpo - another who'd been written off and questioned why he'd been signed and I said that he was only being questioned because he hadn't hit the ground running. Now he's got going, he's being showered with praise. And let's be honest, goals against Everton and United aren't a bad way to make yourself popular amongst Liverpool fans. But his all round game has picked up since the Derby. He's starting to look like he belongs here and after his first, which was a lovely move and finish, I was made up to see the entire team congratulate him to say "yeah you're one of us".

Nunez - was the one player who annoyed me most in the first half because he's the one with the pace to run at them and it just felt like everything was backwards as soon as he got it, didn't look to have any belief in himself. But second half he turned that right around and put in the sort of performance that is going to earn him even more adulation from the fans. He's already loved by the supporters and if he can continue to progress then we're in good hands moving forward. People have questioned his goalscoring tally but 14 goals in 31 games isn't exactly bad, it's just it could of been better if he'd finished some chances in other matches. But yesterday two great headers, some lovely link up play again and still that bit of fire in him when he was ready to destroy Luke Shaw.

Bajectic - nice little cameo, didn't do anything of any real note but didn't let the momentum slide when he came on.

Jota - could of finally broken his goal draught and in the same play could of had a penalty but neither happened. Starting to look sharper with every passing game and his fitness, along with Diaz's, could be vital for the final push this season.

Firmino - what a moment for Bobby after the last couple of days. Announcing he was leaving just prior to the United game could of gone the other way for him but instead he comes off the bench and score a typical Bobby Firmino finish. I've never been his biggest fan but you can't help but love his enthusiasm for the game. Delighted he got his goal to end the rout.

Milner - does what Jimmy Milner does nowadays. Comes on for the last 10-15 minutes to see a game out. I wanted him to be more aggressive with his decision making in the last few minutes instead of playing it into the corner but he's the consummate pro isn't he?

Jones - nice to see him get back on the pitch and in such an impressive victory but didn't really do much in the limited time he had. It's another option for Jürgen, which isn't a bad thing.

Overall, it was a fantastic performance and one that will live long in the memory of both sets of supporters. Five clean sheets on the spin in the League, four wins in that time as well. Players returning to fitness and form. It's starting to look a lot better this sesaon than it was at the turn of the year. Fighting for fourth isn't where we want to be but ultimately it is where we are right now and it's a fight we have to win. Keep playing like we did yesterday and there's no doubt in my mind that we will win it.

Special mention as well to Jürgen Klopp, who I stated last night that I F***ing loved. Well that hasn't changed. And I think most on here would agree that they love that man to. He's given us some special memories during his time here and like some of his players, people were beginning to question him and write him off and he's F***ing answered back in the best way possible. Thank you Jürgen for all you've done for this club and the happiness you've brought to our fans over the years.

Keep smiling Reds!
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2023 12:15:38 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      +10
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #502: Mar 06, 2023 11:27:05 am
      I think the biggest plus was Cody Gakpo. Great movement for his first and so direct once he got a bit of space. Second was a touch of class. Dink it in from such an acute angle. Very good on the ball, strong upper body strength, cool mentality.

Getting in tune with Nunez, Mo and Robbo he will become even more of a force to be reckoned with for sure. Made a slowish start but now we can all see what he's about.Great signing.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #503: Mar 06, 2023 11:44:15 am
      Just got to stay neck & neck with Spurs untill we play them at home 29th April. And out of those last 6 games, starting with Spurs, 4 are at home. Main thing is after some bad results and drifting down to 10th we are back in it 100%.

Conte will be biting his nails even more..." 7-0 boss.."..." shut up I tell you, shut up and don't slama the door...bzzzz...no calls..get out......"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #504: Mar 06, 2023 12:01:06 pm
      Still f***in buzzin, might have to have surgery to remove my smile, I live in a kind of cul de sac with flats opposite, in one or two windows Manc rags were flapping about, i looked across this morning and they have disappeared , funny that, seems like the glory hunting glitterati only sing when their winning,

We ain’t winning sh*t this season and we all know why, but this result alone while it doesn’t replace lifting tin it goes a long way in the feel good league, I think we will get top four, we won’t reach the levels we are used to but we will have enough to compete for the holy grail next season , and that right there is our start of the new era under Jürgen,

Come on, hands up, who thought that this side would have been Jürgen’s only side built while he’s here ?

Of course the first side Jürgen built will always be regarded as his best/special simply cos of the 30 year gap between 18 & 19, but we don’t know for sure do we ?

Who knows what awaits us in the next few seasons, who walks thru the doors, who leaves, what system will we play, will we be awash with money, or will we have to knit a new Center half or creator, ??

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #505: Mar 06, 2023 12:12:32 pm
      How's everybody doing?

Quick Reply

Connection Problems

Connection issue

LFC Reds is temporarily unavailable - check back in the next few minutes.