Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Torres (in Spanish Press) - IF Benitez goes, I go

Read 2104 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Torres (in Spanish Press) - IF Benitez goes, I go
      Dec 03, 2007 12:58:10 pm
      Could be just bullshit spanish sporting press (Marca) - but it has him quoted... mind you original source seems to be The S*n... so who knows...

Quote:

"If Benitez should be asked leave, a lot of players here would have to re-think their future at Liverpool"

Hope Señores Gillette and Hicks are listening....remotely or via Parry's arse cheeks...

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/internacional/es/desarrollo/1064471.html
      johnbarnesno1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Re: Torres (in Spanish Press) - IF Benitez goes, I go
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2007 01:22:49 pm
      They may not leave right away, but I think there may be a couple who question their future at the club
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2007 02:20:54 pm
      They may not leave right away, but I think there may be a couple who question their future at the club

Reina and Torres very good mates off the field... perhaps that couple?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2007 02:51:39 pm
      I've heard Marca is a bullshit source coming from Spain.

I'm sure you'll know a lot about it Don, seeing your in Madrid.

Everything has died down now anyway.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2007 05:34:47 pm
      it doesn't take a genius to work out if Rafa goes,some of the Spanish boys will follow.Its not rocket science.However lets hope that Rafa and the lads are here for a very long time.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2007 05:47:06 pm
      A last desperate attempt to squeeze a little more out of a story that has well & truly run it's course. Gutter journalism, nothing more.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2007 07:21:00 pm
      Rafa going not going anywhere anyways so looks like Torres is staying put,after all the only way is down when you leave Liverpool.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2007 10:07:40 pm
      as one michael owen has found out to his cost should have stayed and given rafa a chance. as one has already stated, the story has run its course .keep slating us and we keep getting better. feeling confident for rest of season
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2007 11:04:27 pm
      If Rafa goes Torres goes?

If Rafa goes we would probably lose half the bl**dy squad!

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious.

What next?  Iceberg spotted in Antarctica?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2007 11:34:44 pm
      If Rafa goes Torres goes?

If Rafa goes we would probably lose half the bl**dy squad!

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious.

What next?  Iceberg spotted in Antarctica?

:lmao: Very true Oldred.

Another bit of poor journalism I suppose. Haven't bothered to look at the article (probably in spanish anyway and all I know is vamos and hola). Was put off by the original source seeming to come from the scum.
      IF Benitez this and IF Benitez that. All a bit boring now isn't it. As always I am focussing on our next game and not reading any 'rumours'.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2007 11:55:27 pm
      As always I am focussing on our next game and not reading any 'rumours'.

Me too Kenny although I'm a bit surprised your Spanish doesn't run to 'dos cuba libres/san miguels por favor'  ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Dec 04, 2007 12:03:46 am
      Me too Kenny although I'm a bit surprised your Spanish doesn't run to 'dos cuba libres/san miguels por favor'  ;D

I'm afraid my time in many Spanish speaking places has been blurred by such requests. Hence Hola followed by Vamos!!  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Dec 04, 2007 04:19:29 am
      Sounds just like the Grant/Mourinho and Juande Ramos saga's.
      Utter garbage it is.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Dec 04, 2007 09:39:33 am
      A last desperate attempt to squeeze a little more out of a story that has well & truly run it's course. Gutter journalism, nothing more.

Totally and utterly agree, another attempt by the LFC hating media to try to undermine and place pressure on those the story is about. Utter garbage I really dont bother reading the press anymore, the only paper that seems to try and back its assumptions up is the Guardian albeit sometimes it can be as bad, but at least some of the reporters try and write in an academic fashion by producing evidence to try and back up their assumptions, instead of spouting crap they swear is the truth but in reality is just circumstantial and in most cases like the S*n plain an utter lies. Same goes for sky sports the S*ns TV station the crap that has come out on that the last few days is just as bad if not worse because of the power of the medium. Im with Fox Mulder at least he sought the truth!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14: Dec 04, 2007 12:31:56 pm
      I think everybody including the players should stop the whole saga here and right now. We should not fall into the trap of the press and start to make uncalled for comments that they've been eagerly waiting for that would allow the unscrupulous press to exploit. It seems that we are our own worst enemy at the moment. The dust appears to have settled down the last few days and we are unsettling it again. I'd say to everyone involved with the club, stop the bitching and concentrate on the next few games and get the right results. If we could do that, eventually the issue would become no issue at all, and things would just settle down quite nicely and all of us would have learned a valuable lesson from that. The next few weeks would make or break us, so don't waste our energy on the unnecessary bickering and get our priorities right.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #15: Dec 04, 2007 12:39:35 pm
      I think everybody including the players should stop the whole saga here and right now. We should not fall into the trap of the press and start to make uncalled for comments that they've been eagerly waiting for that would allow the unscrupulous press to exploit. It seems that we are our own worst enemy at the moment. The dust appears to have settled down the last few days and we are unsettling it again. I'd say to everyone involved with the club, stop the bitching and concentrate on the next few games and get the right results. If we could do that, eventually the issue would become no issue at all, and things would just settle down quite nicely and all of us would have learned a valuable lesson from that. The next few weeks would make or break us, so don't waste our energy on the unnecessary bickering and get our priorities right.
      I agree its going to dissapear after rafa and the owners meet when we play the mancs.

I dont belive in the whole thing with torres leaving I think it was a bit of a joke he is ment to be a true red he wouldnt leave after a year for a manger not even rafa!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Dec 04, 2007 04:39:05 pm
      Torres insinúa su marcha del Liverpool si echan a Benítez
      JAVIER ESTEPA - Madrid
       Fernando Torres ha lanzado un órdago a los propietarios del Liverpool. Según publica 'The Sun' en la edición de este lunes, el 'Niño' insinúa que muchos jugadores podrían irse si Rafa abandona el banquillo del Liverpool. "Es cierto que si Benítez se va, muchos se replantearán su futuro". Así de tajante se mostró ante los americanos Tom Hicks y George Gillett tras la goleada ante el Bolton por 4-0, según el rotativo británico. El ex delantero del Atlético de Madrid es uno de las piezas claves del club y avisó de las consecuencias que podría suponer la salida del técinico español.

Fernando Torres defiende ciegamente al técnico que le llevó al fútbol inglés. "Rafa Benítez no puede marcharse. Significa mucho para los aficionados del Liverpool y así lo han estado demostrando en los últimos partidos". El 'Niño' fue aún más lejos en sus palabras y aseguró que "Rafa no es un entrenador cualquiera. Ha creado un gran equipo y ha dado mucha confianza a muchos jugadores.  Le debemos mucho por todo lo que ha hecho".

Con este golpe en la mesa de Fernando Torres, los propietarios del club inglés se deberán replantear una decisión que hace unos días ya estaba prácticamente decidida: destituir a Rafa Benítez como entrenador del Liverpool. No sólo Hicks y Guillett tienen en contra al delantero español. Los aficionados 'reds' están del lado del técnico y ya han mostrado su malestar con los dueños del Liverpool. Como ejemplo está el último partido de Liga de Campeones, en el que los seguidores se congregaron en las calles cercanas al estadio de Anfield para apoyar a un entrenador que, según ellos, está infravalorado dentro del club.

Hasta los resultados respaldan a Benítez
      La situación del Liverpool ha cambiado radicalmente en las últimas semanas. Después de sufrir una crisis de resultados y de producirse una 'guerra' de declaraciones entre Rafa Benítez y los propietarios americanos, el conjunto inglés ha sabido imponerse ante las adversidades y ya es tercero en la Premier, a un punto del segundo clasificado, el Chelsea, y con opciones para pasar a las fases eliminatorias de la Champions.

Get the cobwebs off the old Spanish part of me brain! ;) ......

Torres suggests a walkout if Benitez leaves

Fernando Torres has launched an attack at the owners of Liverpool FC. According to this Mondays 'S*n' newspaper, El Nino suggests that many of the players vow to go if Benitez leaves Liverpool. 'It's certain that if Benitez goes, many of them will reconsider their futures.' This was aimed at the Americans, Tom Hicks and George Gillet after the 4-0 win over Bolton, according to the British newspaper. The former Atletico Madrid striker is one of the key pieces at the club, and advises that the clubs well-being depends on the Spanish coach.

Fernando Torres blindly defended the coach that brought him to English football. 'Rafa Benitez cannot be sacked. He means a lot to the fans of Liverpool and he has shown this significantly in the past few matches.' El Nino went further still with his words, assuring that 'Rafa has no equal coach. He has created a great team here and has put a lot of confidence in many of his players. We owe him a lot for everything he has done!'

With Fernando Torres' comments on the table, the owners of the English club must reconsider a decision that was made days ago; to sack Rafa Benitez as coach of Liverpool FC. But Hicks and Hillet are not only up against the Spanish forward. The 'Reds' fans have already shown they're siding with the Spanish manager and shown their discomfort with the owners. An example of this was the last Champions League match, where the fans met up to march the streets around Anfield, to support a coach that, according to them, is undervalued at Liverpool.

Results will save Benitez

The situation at Liverpool has changed drmatically over the past few weeks. After a bad run of results and 'declarations of war' from Benitez and the owners, the English club has fought against the adversities and is currently third in the Premier League, a point behind second placed Chelsea and with a chance to pass into the knockout stages of the Champions League.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Not many references during the walkout bits! 8) Liked Torres saying all the players owe a lot to Benitez! :)
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2007 05:04:40 pm
      If Benitez goes Torres goes ?? In fairness everybody said that when Mourinhio was sacked that Lampard would be out the door before u could say w**ker !......didnt happen though !
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Dec 04, 2007 06:00:21 pm
      What do you expect from a story originating in the sun, a paper where factual inaccuracies never get in the way of a good story.

As I said before they're clutching at straws, this story has clearly been put to bed but they've still tried one last shot at resurrecting it. I won't be doing this load of crap the justice of another reply in this thread.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #19: Dec 04, 2007 09:26:38 pm

As I said before they're clutching at straws, this story has clearly been put to bed but they've still tried one last shot at resurrecting it. I won't be doing this load of crap the justice of another reply in this thread.

Seems to have worked on this website. ;D

Quick Reply