Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00

Read 5155 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Mar 13, 2023 02:52:17 pm
      Down 5-2 after the first leg. No away goals tiebreaker. Weekend off and then international break following this so next match isn't until April 1 vs. Man City.

Therefore I expect Jürgen will go with a strong lineup for this with the goal of a restored performance and winning the game. Any chance of drawing even on aggregate, however small, will have to be addressed in-game.

It's very unlikely, but players are paid handsomely and the supporters will be watching so we need to give it a true, professional, LIVERPOOL effort.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2023 08:39:07 pm by RedPuppy »
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #1: Mar 13, 2023 04:37:24 pm
      Just show a bit of pride and don’t get thrashed again
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #2: Mar 13, 2023 04:38:43 pm
      I just want to see a 90 minute effort from the boys that are picked to start and those who are subbed in. That is all. Play for the shirt! I’ll be happy with that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Mar 13, 2023 04:58:48 pm
      I wont be surprised to see us pulling one out the bag here.

But I suspect we may win on the night but go out by the odd goal.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: Mar 13, 2023 05:08:15 pm
      Would be an even bigger comeback than at home to Barca.
      Didn't think that would happen, so can't write us off completely.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 511 posts | 50 
      Reply #5: Mar 13, 2023 05:24:24 pm
      Any win there and I'll be happy.too great a margin to overhaul unfortunately.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #6: Mar 13, 2023 05:52:52 pm
      Should have never found ourselves in this situation but we've done it before so who knows right?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7: Mar 13, 2023 06:32:07 pm

Not as bad as I thought. I’ve been brainwashed to believe that our starting point was 5-0. We’ve two goals and are in a better position than I thought. Maybe it was because we conceded five goals and I therefore thought that we are 5-0 down.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #8: Mar 13, 2023 06:34:18 pm
      3 goals down at half time to an Ancelotti team?
      Can’t be done……

Wait! We did it before with djimi traore playing! We can do it again!

6-1 win.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #9: Mar 13, 2023 07:36:59 pm
      Last season squad may have given us half.a chance but just can't see it. Pride and guts needed would be painful to lose by the odd goal knowing the first leg killed us
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Mar 13, 2023 07:54:56 pm
      Our away win has been terrible this season and it don't expect it to improve at the Bernabeu. 

Hopefully we don't get another hammering.  Be pretty grim if they end up with a 10 goal aggregate scoreline.

The Barca situation was very different - we were exceptionally unfortunate to get beat 3-0 away in that first leg.  This time round we were soundly beaten by Madrid in the first leg.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #11: Mar 13, 2023 08:08:09 pm
      I'm sure at 1959 on Wednesday I'll believe we can get it done but at the moment I'm really struggling.

Just hoping we don't get embarrassed.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #12: Mar 13, 2023 08:19:00 pm
      Our away win has been terrible this season and it don't expect it to improve at the Bernabeu. 

Hopefully we don't get another hammering.  Be pretty grim if they end up with a 10 goal aggregate scoreline.

The Barca situation was very different - we were exceptionally unfortunate to get beat 3-0 away in that first leg.  This time round we were soundly beaten by Madrid in the first leg.

You're Barca call is bang on. I predicted we'd win 4-0 at Anfield, based solely on how we'd played over there. We created loads of presentable chances to score but bad luck etc.etc denied us. On the other hand they hardly created anything, but the few chances they had they scored. My theory was if we can create that many opportunities over there, then it stands to reason we'll create at least as many chances at our place. I thought we'd score 4 because we had to score 4, also they were unlikely to even try and score as they'd convinced themselves the tie was done. That's how it played out. Tomorrow is sadly a totally different challenge. I would be both astounded and overjoyed if it comes to pass.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2023 08:27:37 pm
      You're Barca call is bang on. I predicted we'd win 4-0 at Anfield, based solely on how we'd played over there. We created loads of presentable chances to score but bad luck etc.etc denied us. On the other hand they hardly created anything, but the few chances they had they scored. My theory was if we can create that many opportunities over there, then it stands to reason we'll create at least as many chances at our place. I thought we'd score 4 because we had to score 4, also they were unlikely to even try and score as they'd convinced themselves the tie was done. That's how it played out. Tomorrow is sadly a totally different challenge. I would be both astounded and overjoyed if it comes to pass.

Speaking of luck against Barca, i remember late in the away game Dembele was all by himself by the penalty spot basically 1v1 with Alisson and shot it right at him which would have made it 4-0. That goes in and the best comeback in history probably doesn't happen.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #14: Mar 13, 2023 08:35:58 pm
      I'm sure at 1959 on Wednesday I'll believe we can get it done but at the moment I'm really struggling.

Just hoping we don't get embarrassed.

We (the fans) don't really need to believe, as long as Jürgen and the players do. 

Honestly, I'm just looking for small victories.  A clean sheet.  A well worked team goal.  Energy, commitment, and desire.  Maybe even a victory on the night.  I'm not expect to go through, but there are still positives we can take from the match. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #15: Mar 13, 2023 08:39:10 pm
      Went for 6-0 to us in the prediction league...just to give us a little breathing room.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16: Mar 13, 2023 08:59:58 pm
      Speaking of luck against Barca, i remember late in the away game Dembele was all by himself by the penalty spot basically 1v1 with Alisson and shot it right at him which would have made it 4-0. That goes in and the best comeback in history probably doesn't happen.

We would have scored 5 if Dembele took that chance
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Mar 13, 2023 09:15:01 pm
      The sensible part of me says we’ll make a good account of ourselves, take the game to them, maybe get a goal or two back, but they’ll probably let us come out and play before killing us off with a counter attack in the last ten mins, so I’m up for  1-2 victory and we’ll see you again next season, the silly tw*t side of me however has us getting off to a flier, 2 up with 25 mins, and 3 up by HT, WELCOME to the party if that comes to fruition,

It’s any fuckers by then and we could see the equivalent of a basketball end to end fu**ed up winner takes all, loser gets F**k all type of deal, winner winner chicken f***in dinner !!

F**k it……. RM 0- 4 Mighty Redmen

F**k THE TORIES !!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Mar 13, 2023 09:24:32 pm
      Not as bad as I thought. I’ve been brainwashed to believe that our starting point was 5-0. We’ve two goals and are in a better position than I thought. Maybe it was because we conceded five goals and I therefore thought that we are 5-0 down.

Our two goals scored do kind of seem l ike something I dreamed, believed were real for a while and then realized "oh wait, that was in a dream."

But I just checked and the score is indeed 2-5.  ;D

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #19: Mar 13, 2023 09:29:49 pm
      We won’t be going through but a win would be nice for a change against these.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2023 09:29:51 pm

Yep, no comparison at all let's be honest. It will be a result if Real fail to increase the aggregate scoreline. I suppose we can feel a bit of freedom going into this as not a lot to lose. Good opportunity for the younger boys to experience a European night at one of the great cathedrals of football (however unlikeable they are as a club). Fireworks from Nunez, multiple headbutts, 3 red cards, miss the Europa conference thing next season, who knows?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2023 09:50:51 pm
      So hard to predict this game, head tells me one thing, heart tells me something else.

15th March would have been my Sister's birthday, sadly she's no longer with us, died 2 years ago  :(

Redmen, do it for her please.

Sue - You'll never walk alone.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2023 10:19:04 pm
      A good ploy might be to play the first half as if we are not up to the fight, not too much phyisical effort. They won't put too much in with a 3 goal credit. Half time 0-0. THEN come out all guns blazing and just attack with fury. 2 quick goals and they'll get nervous...but we keep going...third....fourth. ..they've gone.

Quick Reply