Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00

Read 5156 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #46: Mar 14, 2023 08:22:26 pm
      Hendo and Bajcetic out - the bad luck strikes again 🤣
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #47: Mar 14, 2023 08:31:59 pm
      We'll go 4-2-3-1.....
      Strap yourselves in guys its happening

Honest to God, I predicted in work after the Man U game that we'd probably get beaten at Bournemouth but go through in Madrid, they'll think they'll only need to turn up to go through.

No way do they take us lightly after what we did to Barca. They'll look to sit back and absorb pressure.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #48: Mar 14, 2023 09:22:07 pm
      The phantom Mello
      Attack of the moans
      Revenge of the sh*ts
      A new hope.
      Return of the golden sky.
      Injuries strike back.

Against the galacticos, far, far away, the courageous reds go in search of a famous victory against the evil Madrid. Lead by Jedi master Jota the last chance for success rests on their shoulders. But in his way is Darth Vinicius and Count Doo-kroos. May the force be with us.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2023 09:27:18 pm
      The phantom Mello
      Attack of the moans
      Revenge of the sh*ts
      A new hope.
      Injuries strike back.

Against the galacticos, far, far away, the courageous reds go in search of a famous victory against the evil Madrid. Lead by Jedi master Jota the last chance for success rests on their shoulders. But in his way is Darth Vinicius and Count Doo-kroos. May the force be with us.

Sounds a bit like the man city jedi mind tricks on the officials, penalty that will be !
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #50: Mar 14, 2023 09:34:41 pm
      Sounds a bit like the man city jedi mind tricks on the officials, penalty that will be !

This is the way.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #51: Mar 14, 2023 10:00:20 pm
      Can’t remember hardly any injuries the season we won the league wtf has happened since ?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #52: Mar 14, 2023 10:27:56 pm
      Can’t remember hardly any injuries the season we won the league wtf has happened since ?

Loads of injuries.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #53: Mar 14, 2023 10:54:27 pm
      Cant quite believe its 2023 and we're going to play James Milner at the Bernabeu in midfield (apparently) needs must i guess....

personally id play Gomez at rb so trent doesn't have to worry about Vinicius and Trent further forward (never gonna happen though)  why the F**k not, go for it.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #54: Mar 14, 2023 10:57:44 pm
      Cant quite believe its 2023 and we're going to play James Milner at the Bernabeu in midfield (apparently) needs must i guess....

personally id play Gomez at rb so trent doesn't have to worry about Vinicius and Trent further forward (never gonna happen though)  why the f**k not, go for it.

Personally I’d play three at the back and let Trent and Robertson off the leash.

Allison
      Trent
      Robertson
      VVD
      Kanate
      Gomez

Milner
      Jones

Salah
      Nunez
      Jota
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2023 12:12:44 am
      We'll go 4-2-3-1.....
      Strap yourselves in guys its happening

Honest to God, I predicted in work after the Man U game that we'd probably get beaten at Bournemouth but go through in Madrid, they'll think they'll only need to turn up to go through.

There is a small chance indeed. If we do not play very high we have a chance to get one goal at some point and 0-1 gives us a shot to go.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2023 12:20:49 am
      We rarely put in a good performance in Spain. Don't expect us to go through.

But Hey    WE ARE LIVERPOOL

Maybe a win but not by 3
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2023 08:43:45 am
      Personally I’d play three at the back and let Trent and Robertson off the leash.

Allison
      Trent
      Robertson
      VVD
      Kanate
      Gomez

Milner
      Jones

Salah
      Nunez
      Jota

I'd be into that. Will never happen.

Same old 4 3 3 will go it and Carlo will be all over it
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: Mar 15, 2023 08:44:38 am
      The phantom Mello
      Attack of the moans
      Revenge of the sh*ts
      A new hope.
      Injuries strike back.

It is known. ;D

The way things are going I wont be shocked if we do actually pull it off against all odds.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #59: Mar 15, 2023 08:45:17 am

personally id play Gomez at rb so trent doesn't have to worry about Vinicius and Trent further forward (never gonna happen though)  why the f**k not, go for it.

3 at back. but klopp no likee that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #60: Mar 15, 2023 08:45:55 am

Allison
      Trent
      Robertson
      VVD
      Kanate
      Gomez

Milner
      Jones

Salah
      Nunez
      Jota

as i noted above :(
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 617 posts | 105 
      Reply #61: Mar 15, 2023 09:35:02 am
      Hopefully Barcelona fans will be dancing in the streets, bars and living rooms tonight  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #62: Mar 15, 2023 10:04:45 am
      It is known. ;D

The way things are going I wont be shocked if we do actually pull it off against all odds.

Just can’t see it at all mate. I’m just hoping it’s not a 10-2 agg score or something
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Mar 15, 2023 10:17:16 am
      Just can’t see it at all mate. I’m just hoping it’s not a 10-2 agg score or something

Have to believe. We can score goals for fun when we click.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Mar 15, 2023 10:26:36 am
      Might as well go at it, hell for leather, 2 weeks off before City away. But have to chuck together a midfield. Fabinho, Milner and Bobby in the hole. Or Gakpo deeper just off Mo, Nunez and Jota.

Carlo won't be complacent, he takes these games personally.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #65: Mar 15, 2023 10:28:31 am
      Staggeringly unlikely of course, but.....You just never know. We dare to dream
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #66: Mar 15, 2023 11:08:47 am
      If there’s one team in the world that can do it, it’s us… I just can’t see it though… but I’d love to be wrong of course.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #67: Mar 15, 2023 11:16:09 am
      Id go full on attack, we won’t play this way but I’d love to see…

Alisson
             Konate - Dijk - Matip
      Trent - Fabinho - Hendo - Robbo
              Salah - Jota - Nunez

Have Trent and Robbo not even thinking about defence, let Hendo or Fabinho cover when needed and just whip in cross after cross after cross for Jota and Nunez, both not too bad with their heads. And hopefully Salah can come inside a bit more with Trent constantly on the wing.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #68: Mar 15, 2023 11:41:57 am
      Id go full on attack, we won’t play this way but I’d love to see…

Alisson
             Konate - Dijk - Matip
      Trent - Fabinho - Hendo - Robbo
              Salah - Jota - Nunez

Have Trent and Robbo not even thinking about defence, let Hendo or Fabinho cover when needed and just whip in cross after cross after cross for Jota and Nunez, both not too bad with their heads. And hopefully Salah can come inside a bit more with Trent constantly on the wing.

This is exactly what we need.

Go at their F***ing throats and don't let up till we overturn the tie!

Really hope we do something tonight but I won't get my hopes up, unless we get an early goal ;D.

Quick Reply