Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00

Read 5159 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #69: Mar 15, 2023 11:47:21 am
      Id go full on attack, we won’t play this way but I’d love to see…

Alisson
             Konate - Dijk - Matip
      Trent - Fabinho - Hendo - Robbo
              Salah - Jota - Nunez

Have Trent and Robbo not even thinking about defence, let Hendo or Fabinho cover when needed and just whip in cross after cross after cross for Jota and Nunez, both not too bad with their heads. And hopefully Salah can come inside a bit more with Trent constantly on the wing.

Hendo is on the sick. We need a strong right back otherwise Vini will run amok. Could play Milner (MBE) ar RB and put Trent in mid but the Boss is against trying that move. I mean if it doesn't work it puts Trent in limbo.

Think it'll be his normal 433. Might throw Bobby in just off the front 3 but I think containment is the name of the game.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2023 11:57:21 am by Harrisimo »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool, UEFA Champions League; Wed 15th Mar. 20:00
      Reply #70: Mar 15, 2023 12:19:20 pm
      Hendo is on the sick. We need a strong right back otherwise Vini will run amok. Could play Milner (MBE) ar RB and put Trent in mid but the Boss is against trying that move. I mean if it doesn't work it puts Trent in limbo.

Think it'll be his normal 433. Might throw Bobby in just off the front 3 but I think containment is the name of the game.

F**k containment, go out on our shield I say!

Containment won't do anything for us IMO they will be happy for us to play that way.

We already conceeded 5 against them AT HOME, we should be going gung ho, if not just rest a bunch of players.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #71: Mar 15, 2023 12:50:11 pm
      There will be no surprises in the way we setup or our tactical approach.  It will be 4-3-3 and we will look to press and counter-press early.  If we can nick an early goal then we will be in with a chance.  It may be a small chance, but still a chance.  If Madrid score even 1 goal it will be lights out, so we need to be at our best defensively.  I'll be crossing my fingers, but won't be holding my breath....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #72: Mar 15, 2023 01:11:41 pm
      Just can’t see it at all mate. I’m just hoping it’s not a 10-2 agg score or something

No offense but man you must be really fun at parties. I don't think I've ever read an optimistic post from you as long as I've been on the forum ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #73: Mar 15, 2023 01:23:15 pm
      No offense but man you must be really fun at parties. I don't think I've ever read an optimistic post from you as long as I've been on the forum ;D

Skim through all the player / manager threads, always waxing lyrical you cheeky c**t.

I might be pessimistic about games but overall I rarely dig out individual players.

I just moan about the situation like any other fan.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Mar 15, 2023 01:59:33 pm
      Skim through all the player / manager threads, always waxing lyrical you cheeky c**t.

I might be pessimistic about games but overall I rarely dig out individual players.

I just moan about the situation like any other fan.

We all have that 10-2 in the back of.our mind if we're honest..I think Jürgen's goal of trying to win the game is a good one. But we're underdogs for even that.

I will say it.us a good thing that the away goals tiebreaker is gonzo. Always thought it was a dumb way to decide such important matches.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #75: Mar 15, 2023 02:31:53 pm
      I cannot see us overturning a three goal deposit, but stay calm, try not to concede and score a couple of goals ourselves. Otherwise pretend we are playing Man United, that is the best option to my mind !

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Mar 15, 2023 02:36:33 pm
      No Hendo or Baj.  Milner has to come into the middle. With Fab.  Then Elliot 3rd midfielder.
      Nunez/Salah/Gapko up front.

Tbh, think we'll be doing well to avoid getting beat again.

Am a ray of sunshine, I know.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #77: Mar 15, 2023 03:07:16 pm
      No Hendo or Baj.  Milner has to come into the middle. With Fab.  Then Elliot 3rd midfielder.

I think you are simply being realistic, especially the scale of the huge task ahead tonight !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #78: Mar 15, 2023 03:15:19 pm

Remember when we had to face Barcelone without Mo and Mane
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #79: Mar 15, 2023 03:16:33 pm
      General consensus seems to be...'lets go for it'. I mean not throwing caution to the wind but be positive from the off. If we nick one in the first ten minutes it might just start them twitching.

Carlo knows what we can do. Istanbul, the Barca Ballard, the United demolition ..who knows. We all know it's a long shot but nothing ventured etc..

Containment will kick in if they score first.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #80: Mar 15, 2023 03:22:29 pm
      Jota,Nunez, Gakpo and Salah will all start and two holding why wouldn't we see how that makes them maybe play differently FA to lose
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #81: Mar 15, 2023 03:35:05 pm
      Remember when we had to face Barcelone without Mo and Mane

At Anfield.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #82: Mar 15, 2023 03:47:20 pm
      Not heard any updates on Diaz or Thiago for this game ( would be great to have Diaz ,Gakpo,Salah and Nunez  as a front 4 ) An uphill task tonight and I remain ever optimistic ,Madrid might just have a bad game in them ?
      Scottallun7
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #83: Mar 15, 2023 04:14:09 pm
      Any spares going ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: Mar 15, 2023 04:15:43 pm
      Get the 1st goal early, then who knows.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #85: Mar 15, 2023 04:15:57 pm
      Not heard any updates on Diaz or Thiago for this game ( would be great to have Diaz ,Gakpo,Salah and Nunez  as a front 4 ) An uphill task tonight and I remain ever optimistic ,Madrid might just have a bad game in them ?

Both still a week or so away.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #86: Mar 15, 2023 05:05:16 pm

Have you got a learjet in standby ?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #87: Mar 15, 2023 06:04:01 pm

Also we were playing much much better at the time and far more consistent than currently.

This is very different to the barca game unfortunately. We are away and against our bogey team. I'm convinced we can score goals but I just cannot see us keeping a clean sheet.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #88: Mar 15, 2023 06:42:05 pm
      However doubtful, If theres still a chance, I'm in. Need the footy gods to be on our side and they've turned to for us on many occasions.
      Lets just see

Quick Reply