Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      43 (84.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      2 (3.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2%)
       Fabinho
      1 (2%)
      James Milner
      3 (5.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: Mar 19, 2023 09:54:13 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12257 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Mar 18, 2023 09:05:24 am
      Well Iā€™m known as a scummy manc so why canā€™t you be known as Billythekunt but I wonā€™t counter with the usual expletives as youā€™re better than me in that department.

You said I was talking bollocks very early on in the season when I brought fatigue/to many games/mentality into it but changed your mind/opinion on that when you realised you were wrong and in fact turns out a major factor, well at least by most of you now.

Bold statement saying it started 2 years prior considering your success, you must be the only one Iā€™ve heard/read come out with such a ludicrous statement but hey ho we all make rational / emotional calls at times.

I would agree Klopp might be guilty of showing too much loyalty but thatā€™s subjective anyway. You could argue if he did have the squad ( which he hasnā€™t ) loyalty wouldnā€™t have come into it.

Signedā€¦ The oily manc kuntā€¦

Canā€™t remember changing my mind as regards to fatigue etc, when you consider the short pre season and the efforts of the team last few seasons have put in, of course they wouldnā€™t be at their optimum, but fatigue is just part of our drop, not having enough quality back up players is another, in short weā€™re short in quality to keep up the momentum & fluidity,

Maybe Iā€™m stuck in the old ways at how Liverpool progressed even when we were successful, Bob Paisley would always strengthen when he felt he needed to, because of which players were always on their toes hopeful that they kept their position, JĆ¼rgen canā€™t do the same for financial reasons as well as he will only bring in those who fit ideally, so therefore progression is somewhat curtailed,

Keeping hold of players too long will eventually weaken and be detrimental to your squad, players like Alex Ox, Naby, Milner, Matip, Gomez etc are a handful that are/were no longer good/fit enough, Milner is the exception, at least when he plays he gives everything and his experience canā€™t be bought,

What we are seeing now is the example of not strengthening your squad, it was almost inevitable weā€™d eventually fall off the cliff, this where I take umbrage at JĆ¼rgen, he can see others strengthening, becoming stronger, evolving into a better entity, and while FSG have sat on their hands and others have progressed to the point where even those normally familiar with relegation battles have superseded us and are arguably as good as if not better, or at the very least are far more entertaining,

I keep banging the same drum, two seasons back, we were in our pomp with this side, thatā€™s when the rebuild should have started, the team JĆ¼rgen built had reached its peak, winning the title, winning yet another Big Ears, the World Club Cup thingy, and the super cup, but as you know weā€™re not a manufactured plastic fraudulent entity, weā€™re not awash with the fruits of a corrupted system,

JĆ¼rgenā€™s loyalty to his players although commendable has left him bereft of the quality players that would help sustain our process, thatā€™s down to lack of financial back up from FSG, their inane mantra of only spending money generated was perhaps ok for the first couple of seasons, yes they have extended the capacity of our home with the new stand, and the Annie Rd end, not forgetting the state of the art Axa training complex , all welcome and good, but the finances for those may have been better spent on additions to the squad, updates on bricks and mortar could have been held back, and perhaps looked at once we had a longer period of success which in turn would have brought millions into the coffers,

Tbh, my only greviance of FSG is just how f***in tight they are, transfer wise, they know they have a one off manager in JĆ¼rgen Klopp but donā€™t trust their instincts to back him financially, he has brought them/ us relative success until now but it could have been better/more, it still can be, but now imo, it will cost more to get back on track, with others stepping up and evolving, where we have stagnated and actually falling behind,

F**k me, even your f***in lot of scummy fuckpigā€™s are better equipped atm, and thatā€™s never a good sign, but weā€™ll be back, you know we will, it may take a season or two, but thatā€™s fine, it took your lot Six years to win that Mickey Mouse piss pot, and has you believing your good again, more delusional grandeur,  than hope.

So F**k off Manc w*nk, Youā€™ll never be as good as us !!!

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #484: Mar 18, 2023 12:00:32 pm
      I dont think it was half arsed, just cautious and betrayed some lack of confidence in their play. (One of the themes this season).
      The lads were probably afraid of being caught out of position by a quick turnover and counter attack. As happened too often at Anfield. Sadly, the situation demanded blind faith and balls-out attack if we were ever going to perform the ā€˜miracle.ā€™
      Never looked like weā€™d put our arses on the line in a do or die effort, because I think above all, priority one was avoiding humiliation.
      Hate to say that, but thatā€™s the way I saw it.

YNWA
      Let's just say they lacked courage. Any analysis which identifies the players as "afraid" or "avoiding humiliation"  indicates real cause for concern. Remember they don't play for themselves, they play for us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #485: Mar 18, 2023 01:42:44 pm

Canā€™t remember changing my mind as regards to fatigue etc, when you consider the short pre season and the efforts of the team last few seasons have put in, of course they wouldnā€™t be at their optimum, but fatigue is just part of our drop, not having enough quality back up players is another, in short weā€™re short in quality to keep up the momentum & fluidity,

Maybe Iā€™m stuck in the old ways at how Liverpool progressed even when we were successful, Bob Paisley would always strengthen when he felt he needed to, because of which players were always on their toes hopeful that they kept their position, JĆ¼rgen canā€™t do the same for financial reasons as well as he will only bring in those who fit ideally, so therefore progression is somewhat curtailed,

Keeping hold of players too long will eventually weaken and be detrimental to your squad, players like Alex Ox, Naby, Milner, Matip, Gomez etc are a handful that are/were no longer good/fit enough, Milner is the exception, at least when he plays he gives everything and his experience canā€™t be bought,

What we are seeing now is the example of not strengthening your squad, it was almost inevitable weā€™d eventually fall off the cliff, this where I take umbrage at JĆ¼rgen, he can see others strengthening, becoming stronger, evolving into a better entity, and while FSG have sat on their hands and others have progressed to the point where even those normally familiar with relegation battles have superseded us and are arguably as good as if not better, or at the very least are far more entertaining,

I keep banging the same drum, two seasons back, we were in our pomp with this side, thatā€™s when the rebuild should have started, the team JĆ¼rgen built had reached its peak, winning the title, winning yet another Big Ears, the World Club Cup thingy, and the super cup, but as you know weā€™re not a manufactured plastic fraudulent entity, weā€™re not awash with the fruits of a corrupted system,

JĆ¼rgenā€™s loyalty to his players although commendable has left him bereft of the quality players that would help sustain our process, thatā€™s down to lack of financial back up from FSG, their inane mantra of only spending money generated was perhaps ok for the first couple of seasons, yes they have extended the capacity of our home with the new stand, and the Annie Rd end, not forgetting the state of the art Axa training complex , all welcome and good, but the finances for those may have been better spent on additions to the squad, updates on bricks and mortar could have been held back, and perhaps looked at once we had a longer period of success which in turn would have brought millions into the coffers,

Tbh, my only greviance of FSG is just how f***in tight they are, transfer wise, they know they have a one off manager in JĆ¼rgen Klopp but donā€™t trust their instincts to back him financially, he has brought them/ us relative success until now but it could have been better/more, it still can be, but now imo, it will cost more to get back on track, with others stepping up and evolving, where we have stagnated and actually falling behind,

F**k me, even your f***in lot of scummy fuckpigā€™s are better equipped atm, and thatā€™s never a good sign, but weā€™ll be back, you know we will, it may take a season or two, but thatā€™s fine, it took your lot Six years to win that Mickey Mouse piss pot, and has you believing your good again, more delusional grandeur,  than hope.

So F**k off Manc w*nk, Youā€™ll never be as good as us !!!

Of course you canā€™t remember as weā€™re all guilty at times of remembering only what we want. Being stuck in the old ways is not necessarily a bad thing, hell! Iā€™ve been doing it for years so canā€™t call others for the same thing.

I couldnā€™t take umbrage with Klopp as itā€™s not his doing re transfers. If he had his way Bellingham and others would have been brought in soon but as it is you lot only spend what you earn according to many. Thatā€™s not the Liverpool way under FSG. (( Iā€™ll get incoming for my last statement 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø )

Yeah Klopp is probably guilty of one thing! Like you said loyalty to many players but on the flip side not sure he has many to choose from does he coming from the younger ranks? Youā€™ll know better than me but Iā€™d of thought if Klopp had any theyā€™d be moved up to the first team squad.

Your yanks are no different from our yanks ( greedy kunts ) and the only reason we spend more is  purely based on the revenue coming in.

Course itā€™s a good sign that we are finally better equipped now! Took a long time coming and well over due, you lot been taking the p!ss out of me far to long now.  ;D

As for delusions of grandeur? Not a chance pal, well at least not with this oily ( hopefully) manc. Weā€™re improving but certainly not there, not by a long chalk. However, itā€™s nice to at least be in the running for a trophy or two. Who know come end of season we could be back as No1 in most trophies 😛😛😛 You wonā€™t be able to rub that one in like so many of you do. Pretty sure youā€™ll still rub in the 6 times though but can handle that if we continue to improve.

Obviously youā€™ll be back, like United thatā€™s what we do and the reason why weā€™re the most successful clubs. Itā€™s just how long it takes. However, be nice to rub your Scouse nose in it for a bit though.  :lmao: Can you take the rub downs as well as Iā€™ve done for the passed 10 years or does frustration get in the way and youā€™ll end up throwing the usual expletives at me?

Good job Iā€™m not a snowflake and take everything you throw at me anyway.  ;D.

Peaceā€¦  :action-smiley-035:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #486: Mar 18, 2023 05:35:22 pm
      Still so depressed
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #487: Mar 22, 2023 06:35:38 pm
      Quote from clint_call01
      They were superior.

If Konate can stay fit for a whole season, he would be a monster. Thank God, we have Becker.

He made his own contribution to the result, when we were winning 2-1. Yeah he made a few saves after that, but it's all meaningless when the damage is already done.

3 eliminations in a row by Real Madrid shows again why I never want to face the club in the competition. Ever. Unlike some fake contenders based closer to home, Real are the best team in the world, with the badge to prove it, and were always going to make short work of a team like us, at this time. And maybe playing YNWA will go some way towards healing the feelings towards them over the past few years, off the pitch.

Quick Reply