Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)

Read 2547 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)
      Mar 30, 2023 07:31:28 pm
      Early Saturday afternoon start away at City.  They need to win to stay close to Arsenal at the top of the league, we need to win to carry on with trying to finish in the top four.

Which Liverpool are we going to get - the one that beat United 7-0 or the one that got beaten 1-0 away at Bournemouth.

Our away record has been dire this season but, also worth noting, we've already beaten City twice this season. 

Not hugely confident but I'd be prepared to be surprised.

What do you reckon then?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2023 07:51:24 pm
      Never great after a break and culminated with a 12.30 KO every right to feel apprehensive . Just got to hope they are off it Foden out and doubts over Haaland. Diaz back on bench and Nunez fit so will be below
      Ali
      Trent
      Ibou
      VVD
      Hendo
      Fab
      Elliott
      Gakpo
      Nunez
      Mo
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)
      Reply #2: Mar 30, 2023 08:44:51 pm
      'For F**k's sake' is my first thought.

Who knows which team will turn up. We have I suppose at times shown the ability to raise our game against the bigger guns so hopefully we can get something, anything, from this game. A stifling despicable ugly boring 0-0 would arguably be a result.

In order to cope with this up and down season I have mentally written off our chances so anything is now a bonus.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3: Mar 30, 2023 09:43:27 pm
      We seem to raise our game against them

Think it will be

Alisson

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Elliot

Nunez
      Gakpo
      Mo
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4: Mar 30, 2023 09:53:36 pm
      Lose to Bournemouth win at City...would be this season in a nutshell. (Sadly, truth is I don't really believe we go there and come out with all 3 points)
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #5: Mar 30, 2023 11:13:28 pm
      City are in a tight title race and need to win, so we will have opportunities on the counter. We did a good job on the counter at Anfield earlier this season. I wouldn’t be shocked if we won. I think we will get at least a draw here. City might put us to the sword but I think the pressure is on them. If Haaland is out as well as Foden, then that’s a huge blow for them.

The only thing I don’t like about this game is the early kick off.

I think the team picks itself

Regular full backs. Konate partnering VVD. Hendo, Fab, Elliot in the middle, and Gakpo, Salah, Mo up top.

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2023 04:30:33 am
      I am still not sure if I'd prefer City over Arsenal as a champ bc Arsenal would come somewhat close to us. But that's pure theory bc we need a CL spot, so let's go for a draw at least. I play Milner in midfield, the rest picky itself indeed.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2023 04:35:01 am
      This will probably be a 2-2 draw but I put 5-2 to us, get a load of me, always optimistic, i was going to say after the 2-2 draw prediction that, we may get trounced, just don't see it so never added that afterthought, these are shitting themselves, not us, nothing to lose now kiddas. You know how pip gets, all worked up over the thought of us, no different now, if Nunez and Gakpo are ok to go, even different and more worrying things for eveyone to think of not only these disgusting cheaters.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Mar 31, 2023 10:24:21 am
      Ach it’s only Citeh, we shouldn’t be in fear facing them, or anyone else for that matter, their just another 11 blokes kicking a bag of air around a pitch,
      It’s that simple, they may have better quality amongst their ranks but we have quality too, and we are capable of doing them serious harm, they themselves will be wondering which Liverpool side turns up,

For me Pep isn’t as tactically adept as Jürgen, we’ve seen this before and I think that is a major boost for us knowing that City have no clue how we’ll play, another positive is Diaz is back and should see some action but probably only last ten to shake some rust off, but he’s back and that’s another shot in the arm,

That ugly cnut Foden is out and possibly the equally ugly Haaland, not bothered about if he plays or not Ibou has his number anyway, midfield is where we will need to be their equal, if we get hung out to dry I can’t see us winning, we will struggle if we play Harvey, he’s too lightweight for a game like this, he’d get trampled on all day,

I think we may see the dreaded Hendo, Fabinho, Milner trio to have some much needed steel, but if Naby is fit enough (don’t laugh) I’d consider him rather than Jimmy, maybe swap around the hour but we really can’t have lightweight’s against this lot,

I’m fairly confident of going there and getting a result, and I think Jürgen will have the boys mentally prepared for this battle, they need to win so they can keep fondling Arteta’s balls, we need to win to keep our CL  hopes alive, so I guess it could come down to who wants it more,

Airing on the side of caution, I think we’ll have Desmond, can’t see us getting mullered but nor can I see us getting the win, could see a few goals tho,

Great to see Lucho back, I’m liking the thought of a Diaz, Nunez, Mo up top with Cody in the hole, that’s a scary front line for any defence, immediately you can see the pieces of the jigsaw are beginning to take shape, we bring in the right midfield players like perhaps Bellingham, Maddison or both, and whoever else Jürgen has in mind, we will start believing again,

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robbo
      Hendo Fabinho, Naby, Gakpo, Nunez, Mo

Bench; Kelleher, Matip, Kostas, Milner, Harvey, Ox, Bobby, Carv, Jota , Balmer, Stubbins.

2 - 2

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2023 10:33:43 am by billythered »
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #9: Mar 31, 2023 12:08:30 pm
      Feels like deja vu, we came back after the world cup and our first game was at the Emptihad.

Not confident.

A win would be special, only had 1 league win there in a decade. Klopps first game there
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2023 12:16:42 pm by Tadders »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10: Mar 31, 2023 12:39:34 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #11: Mar 31, 2023 01:46:14 pm
      We'll either win at a canter or get hammered. I don't see a draw here.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Mar 31, 2023 02:06:49 pm
      Be down to us getting at them on the break. We have the pace and we have to make sure Mo and Nunez are on high alert.

Ali, Trent, Konate,VVD,Robbo....Hendo,Fabinho,Milner...Mo Gakpo,Nunez......(that's 11 and only one Mo Salah..)

Need Milner in for extra midfield cover.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #13: Mar 31, 2023 02:17:39 pm
       :lmao:
      Never great after a break and culminated with a 12.30 KO every right to feel apprehensive . Just got to hope they are off it Foden out and doubts over Haaland. Diaz back on bench and Nunez fit so will be below
      Ali
      Trent
      Ibou
      VVD
      Hendo
      Fab
      Elliott
      Gakpo
      Nunez
      Mo

Robbo must be still away winding up the Spaniards  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #14: Mar 31, 2023 02:28:13 pm
      Ive got a good feeling about this. Hate the 12;30 ko's, but so do all teams.
      As long as we press hard, and all together, we'll unsettle them, as we always do. Then well catch them with swift counters. The cant be as cautious as they usually are, as they HAVE to win to stay on Arse's coat tails.  That plays into our hands a bit.
       0-2 TO THE MIGHTY REDS. 
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #15: Mar 31, 2023 04:27:01 pm
      Really enjoyed this few week unbeaten run we've been on. Ends tomorrow sadly. I only see a heavy defeat. That's how I see it.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #16: Mar 31, 2023 04:51:49 pm
      Really enjoyed this few week unbeaten run we've been on. Ends tomorrow sadly. I only see a heavy defeat. That's how I see it.

Didn't you see the Bournemouth result???
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #17: Mar 31, 2023 04:55:39 pm

Think there is a touch of sarcasm going on as we haven’t played for two weeks
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 120 
      Reply #18: Mar 31, 2023 05:18:31 pm
      Want to be optimistic about this ... but....
      1. we've not won a 12.30 kick off all season and
      2. Klopp has only ever masterminded one win at the Emptihad.
      No doubt Cashiola has been trying to play the usual mind games over whether the Nordic Alien will be playing or not... Pathetic Pep! :lmao:
      I'd be happy with a draw I think - it mightn't help in the CL chase but I think we need a miracle to get in the top four anyway unless they start producing immense performances all over the park for every single game left!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #19: Mar 31, 2023 05:28:35 pm
      Think there is a touch of sarcasm going on as we haven’t played for two weeks

Ah right, difficult to work that out but I knew there wouldn't be any optimism in his post  :D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: Mar 31, 2023 05:48:28 pm
      Funny feeling we will win this one
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #21: Mar 31, 2023 06:24:34 pm

I was being sarcastic :-( . It's been nice not getting beat every week. I'm forgetting the fact we have not played during this unbeaten run of a few weeks 😀 .

We will get well beaten tomorrow. Another lazy not arsed perfornance it will be by a team that needs breaking up ... against a team going for the title. I just hope it's not 4, 5 or worse as I wouldn't rule it out.

It's city ... so I'm hoping we might be able to actually motivate ourselves for not really expecting us to.

Very negative outlook ... but as I said earlier ... just the way I see it and I'm not going to say what I don't believe.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Mar 31, 2023 06:46:28 pm
      Just hoping that the reduced number of Reds City are letting into their ground tomorrow, will be backing the team fully with heart and voice. I'm sure they will.

It may not matter, but I'll be doing the same early morning from my place. That's what I love doing and I'll be focused solely on the match, not previous disappointments, future uncertainty, campaigns re the ownership, the manager, certain players,... I won't worry about being proven right on some view I've expressed or somebody else's view I disagreed with - I will focus on none of it - just backing the team in this match.

Let's get into them.

Quick Reply