Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)

Read 2549 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2023 07:21:04 pm
      Looks like Diaz won’t be playing , just not ready yet

Naby is obviously out , Thiago as well

City may risk Haaland but Foden is out
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool - Premier League (Sat 1st April 12:30pm BST)
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2023 07:27:07 pm
      Just hoping that the reduced number of Reds City are letting into their ground tomorrow, will be backing the team fully with heart and voice. I'm sure they will.

It may not matter, but I'll be doing the same early morning from my place. That's what I love doing and I'll be focused solely on the match, not previous disappointments, future uncertainty, campaigns re the ownership, the manager, certain players,... I won't worry about being proven right on some view I've expressed or somebody else's view I disagreed with - I will focus on none of it - just backing the team in this match.

Let's get into them.

I forgot all about the reduced ticket allegation for our lads. City going all out to gain an advantage. Sad fuckers, like that’s gonna do anything but motivate us😂
      And the mind games ref the Neanderthal.
      FFS who cares, they clearly have a huge mental problem with us.
      So let’s F**k their heads up big time win it  🤛 BOOM
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2023 11:14:16 pm
      We're quite capable of turning them over on the counter. Our pace up front always gives us a chance, even if we're not playing well. As has been the case all season, the issue is more about our defending. Do that well and we will have every chance. It's not like our defenders are actually sh*te, they're just out of form/knackered/mentally flat. Get up for this one and it is still perfectly win-able.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2023 06:49:10 am
      Match day at last come on reds , let’s hope we all enjoy the day , or the forum be going into meltdown ,
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2023 07:41:28 am
      Could be the start of a horrific week this.

Think if we put in a decent performance even in defeat today then we can get something from the other two difficult games this week but if we get hammered we really are staring straight down the barrel.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2023 08:21:19 am
      My heart says red but my head says blue.  ;D  Happy to see you lot! win today if it means the noisy neighbours not winning the league. COME ON YOU REDMEN.  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2023 08:53:25 am
      Let's stop City in their tracks, with a much improved display. I have gone for a draw, but let's pull off a stunning victory at the Ethiad in this early kick off.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2023 09:24:36 am
      Gone for 1-3, today would be a good day for the Liverpool of old to resurface! All the talk about Haaland being injured and not starting, I think he’ll be in there, hopefully he loses his cool again and gets a straight red!
      Let’s send some positive vibes to the lads, on their day they’re well capable of beating this shower. Let’s hope today is their day! Come on you Redmen!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2023 09:29:22 am
      Could be the start of a horrific week this.

Think if we put in a decent performance even in defeat today then we can get something from the other two difficult games this week but if we get hammered we really are staring straight down the barrel.

beat City and I wont feel too bad if we beat Arse...having said that we could lose both
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2023 10:23:26 am
      Big deal at dodgy City..or will it be bodge City. If our front 3 really gel today we could get the win. If Franky Stein plays VVD and Konate will need their skates on. They might be a bit jumpy as they need the win as well. Nunez could our ace.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2023 10:52:41 am
      I'm surprised Pep said he might risk Haaland. They play Bayern M in 10 days so putting his top scorer on the rack doesn't stack up. Pep needs to win the Champions League more than another Prem.

Haaland sits on the shoulder and goes at it 100%. Shows Pep doesn't have much faith with the rest if he's willing to risk Haaland being out for a month. No Haaland and KDB has less of an influence.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2023 11:13:50 am
      We're always sh*te after a break. This one doesn't fill me with confidence at all
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #35: Apr 01, 2023 11:14:33 am
      What we all thinking the midfield will be then guys?

I think Jürgen will go safe, it's his way, and we'll see Henderson, Fabinho and Milner.

Possibly Elliott with the first two.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #36: Apr 01, 2023 11:31:48 am
      Midfield from our fit and health seems to be favouring Hendo, Fab and Elliot.  Not sure Elliot is solid enough defensively (getting back to cover) for this game, although he's proved me and many others wrong in the past. Let's hope if he starts he brings his A game. Millie will do a job in there but won't see 90 mins on full throttle. Some times making changes for energy reasons, disrupts the flow when we're doing well.

City moaning about Foden and possibly the neanderthal being un fit. Tossers need to try and operate with the number of midfield injuries we've had.

On another note.... Can anyone remember Jürgen 'pretending' some one was injured, only to put them in the starting 11 ?
      I certainly can't, and wonder what Gladioli thinks he gains from it  :jackoff:

Quick Reply