Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      7 (19.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      4 (11.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (2.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (19.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (13.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2023 02:25:51 pm

Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15453 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Re: Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 02, 2023 03:18:53 pm
      The way things are going, makes you wonder where our next win is coming from this season. Certainly set for a very low tally of points by the end of this campaign.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #622: Apr 02, 2023 03:44:37 pm
      The way things are going, makes you wonder where our next win is coming from this season. Certainly set for a very low tally of points by the end of this campaign.

If we can grab 7th, even the Europa conference league place, I would move on to next season with a bit of hope.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #623: Apr 02, 2023 04:44:11 pm
      If we can grab 7th, even the Europa conference league place, I would move on to next season with a bit of hope.

Be very funny if you’re playing in conference league Bob.  ;D Not sure most of your fans will like it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #624: Apr 02, 2023 05:07:09 pm
      Because we gave in.  Simple as that.  The players at 3-1 down didn't fancy their chances and that's a mentality issue.  Two years ago that wouldn't have happened but for whatever reason now, they just either can't be arsed or don't fancy themselves. 

Some critical off the pitch problems and the fact even Klopp didn't fancy it makes me concerned.  Ultimately, they've won everything and have not been kept on their toes by newer lads coming in to challenge them.  The fact that Nunez came on and didn't even get stuck in shows the malaise throughout the squad.

Spot on JD, simple fact is, sad to say is that we simply no longer have the belief or desire to fight for even the smallest of gains, in particular when you have collectively won the lot and your dependence on your fellow peers isn’t there anymore, in short we’re done, that well oiled machine has ground to a halt and all we have left is the shell of a side that looks and feels devoid of ideas, with key parts well over their use by dates, some who need a complete refurbishing and others throwing in a skip, new parts won’t perform to their optimum until they have sufficient support backing them up, malaise indeed, and that’s putting it mildly!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #625: Apr 02, 2023 05:19:19 pm
      Think the majority who have been here and lost twice by narrowest of.margins but also winning it means the fight and mental strength as gone .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #626: Apr 02, 2023 05:22:29 pm

F**k me, never thought I’d ever see a supporter of this club be content with finishing SEVENTH so we can hang on to some hope, I have hope too, hope tae F**k we don’t end up in that gawd awful event, I’d rather be caught in mid jobby drop when the whole f***in wall of a train toilet slides away, leaving you exposed like a prize Cnut in a church fête raffle!!!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #627: Apr 02, 2023 05:29:05 pm
      There is definitely a mentality issue with our players. They start games well but after any setback they lose belief and look to each other to sort things out. It's a real absence of leadership and Klopp seems to be completely powerless to change it.

It is also worth saying that we have played well this season - according to the premier league site, no team has missed more big chances this season. Obviously we want to be taking those big chances, but we created them which is something ... its not much but it is something!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #628: Apr 02, 2023 05:35:30 pm

F**k me, never thought I’d ever see a supporter of this club be content with finishing SEVENTH so we can hang on to some hope, I have hope too, hope tae f**k we don’t end up in that gawd awful event, I’d rather be caught in mid jobby drop when the whole f***in wall of a train toilet slides away, leaving you exposed like a prize Cnut in a church fête raffle!!!

Yeah we could win the league or get top four playing like this! Believe.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #629: Apr 02, 2023 05:37:53 pm

Feel yer pain mate, Trent needs a rest, a long one, true he has no real competition and square pegs in round triangles don’t work either, young Ramsey is, well too young obviously and will take a while to develop, if he ever does, I would have brought in that young fella Lamptey from  Brighton but alas, he’s not exactly been pulling trees down there this season either, so f**k knows,

I agree with you on Harvey, I said it pre match too, he’s too lightweight for this kind of game, Naby is still fondling the docs balls so wasn’t a option, Ox we all know is a dead man walking , not ideal but I would have had Jimmy in there with Fab & Hendo, making us ‘Harder to f***in beat’

I think Gakpo is a genius signing, he’s settling in nicely, has shown on occasion what he has in his locker, and once we have brought in legs that can press like how we used to, he will thrive, take your disgruntled hat off for a moment and think of this, …..hypothetically……we sign, Bellingham, say Maddison too, maybe even McGynn or whoever the f**k will give us our press back….so Gakpo in a three with Bellingham & Bajcetic, or Tyler Morton or either of Maddison/McGynn, with a  Diaz, Nunez, Mo up top doesn’t that make yer nads tighten a tad,

Captain chaos is flexible, not seen him on the right but he can play wide & centrally, the fella is a beast and will only get better, Diaz can float all along that front line, create havoc, can link up, can score, can head, can do f***in anything, Mo is Mo he scares the sh*t out of any defenders, now just imagine those four, backed by two sold midfielders that can squeeze the f**k out of any back five and force huge amounts of pressure on any defensive unit,

I’m surprised as anyone why Jürgen kept hold of those like Ox, Naby when either hadn’t contributed much last couple of seasons, I can however understand holding onto Milner & Hendo, both obviously for the experiences they have, and of leadership, no brainer right there, so now we approach another pre season needing much more than we should, and costing us many many more millions into the bargain, that is just pure and utter mismanagement right on the button, no, not football mismanagement I’m talking football club mismanagement, and that points straight to Boston!!

Can't disagree really on all that. About Nunez, again I'm in the minority, and he will get goals, would love to see him sharper up his passing/decisions, but potential definitely there.

Just think some hard nosed decisions from Jürgen could help shore things up a bit in the short term. Just really frustrating to see how easy we are to play against right now.

Longer term, if we can add quality in the middle, we'd have a better platform for attack, and cover for the back4. We've left ourselves some work to do/money to spend there, but if we can bring in the right players, it could make a big difference. We've let things slide in midfield.
      The team looks like it needs a shot in the arm, new blood to come in and give belief that we can seriously challenge.

Bit 'tired and emotional' as they say yest, few scoops, tbh tho did good to blow off some steam. Hope to see a reaction on Tues, we'll see...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #630: Apr 02, 2023 05:39:30 pm

Think it'll be up and down, like it has been lately, some decent wins, some poor defeats. No consistency. We've been decent at home, awful away.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #631: Apr 02, 2023 06:01:57 pm
      Top 4 is gone sadly even United now are in danger of being out of the top 4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #632: Apr 02, 2023 06:34:05 pm

F**k me, never thought I’d ever see a supporter of this club be content with finishing SEVENTH so we can hang on to some hope, I have hope too, hope tae f**k we don’t end up in that gawd awful event, I’d rather be caught in mid jobby drop when the whole f***in wall of a train toilet slides away, leaving you exposed like a prize Cnut in a church fête raffle!!!

Come on Billy be great to see you in the conference cup.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #633: Apr 02, 2023 06:36:25 pm
      Top 4 is gone sadly even United now are in danger of being out of the top 4.

We were never out of danger in being top 4. Like I said few weeks ago I’d take the Micky Mouse cup and top 4 all day long.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #634: Apr 02, 2023 06:47:43 pm
      Shower of cu*ts threw the towel in at city’s second goal ,absolutely awful second half display embarrassing and cowardly and even JK is beginning to look like he actually can’t stand some of this lot .
      And as for TAA he’s looking like his ego is overtaking his talent unbelievable attitude problem.
      Player of the season by a country mile is Alison Becker and that my friends says it all,as for the rest they can all F**k off to there very expensive mirrors in there very expensive houses and take a good hard look at themselves.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #635: Apr 02, 2023 07:00:50 pm
      I'd rather a season out of Europe than the Europa Copa Conference sh*te. Is there any way we could just pass it on and nominate Everton for the competition?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #636: Apr 02, 2023 07:11:20 pm
      Yesterdays game was a mirror image of the defeat to Madrid. Start well enough, get the noses in front, then a blip occurs and the whole lot caves in. Capitulation that we’ve not seen before is prevalent this season and to be honest in haven’t a clue where it’s come from.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #637: Apr 02, 2023 07:12:48 pm
      I'd rather a season out of Europe than the Europa Copa Conference sh*te. Is there any way we could just pass it on and nominate Everton for the competition?

I agree as I think the conference cup is degrading, I’d even take the mick mouse cup over that.  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #638: Apr 02, 2023 07:15:58 pm
      Come on Billy be great to see you in the conference cup.  :lmao:

Nah, F**k that Keith, I can hear that phrase ‘Oh how the Mighty have fallen’, now, where did I put those train tickets ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #639: Apr 02, 2023 07:26:38 pm

Nah, f**k that Keith, I can hear that phrase ‘Oh how the Mighty have fallen’, now, where did I put those train tickets ?

Couldn’t agree more Billy, just been saying same thing on another thread. I swear if any of us get in that we’re in for some stick off rival fans.  :lmao:

It’s just a joke of a competition as we’ve enough with the Europa Cup and I only enjoy that if we get to QF stages. It’s simply too many matches whereas the likes of us and you lot would prefer to concentrate on top 4, it’s just another hindrance that gets in the way and an embarrassing one at that.

Whose fcuking idea was it anyway? Certainly a bad one for the so called elect top 6. I take it there’s no option of being able to drop out? Remember us doing it in the FA Cup although genuine reasons for it but you’ll probably argue differently on that one.  ;D

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #640: Apr 02, 2023 09:48:48 pm
      The Europa League or UEFA Cup as it should be called might be an interesting alternative to the Champions League if it were 2 knockout legs from the start, no pointless group games, no third place bullshit of teams 'dropping' in to it, the very word degrades the competition and to hell with a conference competition. I said it earlier no CL I'd prefer to miss out completely
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #641: Apr 02, 2023 09:55:37 pm
      The Europa League or UEFA Cup as it should be called might be an interesting alternative to the Champions League if it were 2 knockout legs from the start, no pointless group games, no third place bullshit of teams 'dropping' in to it, the very word degrades the competition and to hell with a conference competition. I said it earlier no CL I'd prefer to miss out completely

As it traditionally was, rather than the constant greed and expansion of leagues with more games meaning more money.

It's all it is ever about with Uefa
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #642: Apr 02, 2023 09:56:08 pm
      Couldn’t agree more Billy, just been saying same thing on another thread. I swear if any of us get in that we’re in for some stick off rival fans.  :lmao:

It’s just a joke of a competition as we’ve enough with the Europa Cup and I only enjoy that if we get to QF stages. It’s simply too many matches whereas the likes of us and you lot would prefer to concentrate on top 4, it’s just another hindrance that gets in the way and an embarrassing one at that.

Whose fcuking idea was it anyway? Certainly a bad one for the so called elect top 6. I take it there’s no option of being able to drop out? Remember us doing it in the FA Cup although genuine reasons for it but you’ll probably argue differently on that one.  ;D

I want us to win the Europa conference league! To be the first club to have won all three existing European trophies!
      To play teams from nations I’d never heard of.
      I’m just not fussed about champions league. The obsession of qualifying for it are absurd and another reason why trophies are put second to the pound signs.

I mean, some poster just said they can’t believe I would be happy to finish 7th and qualify for Europe….. yet another poster would rather we finish lower (presumably) so not to qualify for Europe just so we can challenge for top 4 the season after.

Can you imagine if shankly said “come on lads, we can’t win the league so let’s finish as low as we can so we don’t qualify for Europe.”

Or if he said “if you are first you are first, if you are second you are nothing, but let’s try and grab 4th next season.”

I’m saying if we finish 7th and qualify for the europa conference league we should still head into next season with hope.
      I won’t find it embarrassing. I think for many players it will be a reality check.

But this obsession over money and prize money and champions league money is what makes football crap.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #643: Apr 02, 2023 10:01:17 pm
      If it's not the CL then I'd take a year out of Europe and really focus on the rebuild of this squad.

Maybe that's the plan  ;)

Quick Reply